PDA

View Full Version : carbs at last meal

Laertes
02-14-2003, 02:51 PM
So, I know it's a bit of a paradox, but I'm trying to bulk and gain minimal fat. At any rate, for the last few weeks, my last meal of the night has been a bit of protein and some broccoli (sp?)--no breads, rice, pasta or potatoes, etc.

Last night, I had some rice with my chicken and broccoli. In the morning, I was less hungry, and I looked more filled out, in a good way.

Is my body trying to tell me something, like I should be getting carbs, or something?

raniali
02-14-2003, 02:56 PM
more filled out could mean more water retention
it could mean more glycogen in the muscles
it could mean both

i think the big question is whether or not you notice any strength or recovery gains from increasing carbs. if not, then you are already eating sufficiently.

_-_v_-_
02-14-2003, 03:10 PM
Quite frankly, the appreciable difference between eating carbs at night and carbs during the day is going to be relatively minimal.

I would worry less about such somatic minutia and more about overall caloric intake, personally.

For the record, I've been quasi-bulking (read: slowly) for four months, eating some carbs before bed each night, and I have been satisfied with the results.

Alke
02-15-2003, 11:09 AM
Hey everyone, so do you think eating low glycemic carbs at night befor going to bed during a bulking phase and no or low glycemic carbs at night during the cutting phase would be a decent standard to follow? (staying within caloric intake)

I'm done with my cuting phase (i can finally see abs!) and ready for a mega bulking phase....but dont want to lose the abs to the point of not seeing them again in the fall)

_-_v_-_
02-15-2003, 11:47 AM
I eat oats before bed, and I've noticed no problems.

As I said, worry more about cals in vs. cals out.