PDA

View Full Version : bulking diet

Alke
02-15-2003, 11:40 AM
I am just getting off a cutting diet, and I can see abs for the first time. Im also pretty stoked about being able to do 10+ pull-ups over and underhand as I have never been able to do more than 3 before getting cut. (I got my bodyweight from 205 to 180 and I did lose some muscle but that happens right? my arms went from 16.5 to 15 inches during this phase....)

My question is now that I am switching to the gym to get size, what is a good plan for diet to gain mass w/out getting too fat?

I was thinking of eating everytwo hours and keeping it at 35 protein/ 45-50 carbs -20 fat per meal? will this keep me growing without affecting my waistline?

I realize there are a lot of other factors but I want to at least get my diet right since I did so well cutting the last three months......thanks for any advice!

bradley
02-15-2003, 01:56 PM
I would increase cals gradually each week until you are gaining approx. 1lb per week. Maybe increase by 300 or so each week. I usually eat the same thing whether I am cutting or bulking just the amounts change. I would go with something like a 40/30/30 (p/c/f/) as far as macronutrient ratios are concerned, but they are many different opinions as far as this goes. Increasing cals gradually should help you not gain too much fat while bulking. Congrats on the success with the cut. :)

Alke
02-17-2003, 03:05 PM
thanks bradley

i think the 1lb per week things sounds like a good plan, I went overkill on the cutting, but it got the job done. I guess the key now is not to gain too much too fast so I dont have to go through so much overkill next time around.

Im lookin forward to weighted pull-ups now! I bought a firemans belt with a hook on it and attach a chain with a 25lb plate hanging between my legs........One of these days itll be a solid 45lb plate!