PDA

View Full Version : college student desperately seeking bulking food

Dkm911
02-15-2003, 01:54 PM
I can eat in the dining hall and stuff myself like two times a day maybe 3 if i wake up early... and then we got this little system where u can get sandwhiches more or less any kind... so i could grab two there one to eat when i get back and one for later... maybe even 3 but that would be pushing it... what would u guys recommend.. im desperately seeking mass.. im 6ft1 150ish very lean so fat isnt a problem... thank you oh yea and i can buy food at the supermarket to.. i have no microwave but i have a fridge...

bradley
02-15-2003, 01:59 PM
You are going to have to consistently eat above maintenance calories to gain weight. I would say eat in the dining hall 3 times per day (just get up a little earlier) and then eat sandwiches to fill in the gaps between meals. You could also go to the supermarket and buy some food to keep in your room for late night snacks or snacks on the go.

Dkm911
02-15-2003, 02:07 PM
Yea thats what i was thinking. what would u recommend i buy at the supermarket.. keep in mind im poor i need the best and most food per dollar

bradley
02-15-2003, 02:24 PM
Really depends on if you have access to microwave and fridge. Here are a few suggestions

ww bread
natural peanut butter
tuna
oats
canned beans
milk
nuts

Silverback
02-15-2003, 02:29 PM
6ft 150lbs, my tip drink olive oil:) :thumbup: about 500ml a day should set you straight.

Seriously though bradly's advice will serve you well, only other tips i would give you is eggs "fast food and good for you!"

Having the odd Big-Mac wouldn't harm either, just dont make it a daily habit. good luck mate

Maki Riddington
02-15-2003, 03:56 PM
Make 4 peanut butter sandwiches and eat them between your meals. That would be anywhere from 900-1200 and maybe even more cals.

the doc
02-15-2003, 04:19 PM
consume massive amounts of peanut butter

Dkm911
02-15-2003, 04:24 PM
im deadly allergic to peanut butter!!! i do have a fridge but no microwave.. maybe i can find someone on my floor to let me use theres and load up on ramens.. my school has a taco bell that i can get food at like 5 times a week.. i usually eat 4 soft tacos... i think each soft taco has 11 grm of protein... any taco bell suggestiosn or other ones... the whole weat bread is a good idea.. and tuna to i just need to invest in can opener!

bradley
02-15-2003, 04:36 PM
Milk is helpful in getting some calories in as well. Tuna w/mayo on whole wheat bread. Cottage cheese would also be a good addition to the fridge.

Silverback
02-15-2003, 04:40 PM
instant skimmed milk powder is probably the best bang for buck protein, alright youve got a few carbs in their, but you need all the cals you can get at the moment.

Dkm911
02-15-2003, 04:50 PM
definetly... how much whole milk should i shoot for a day... and would chocolate milk be bad cuz of the extra sugar?? i wanna gain as much mass as possible and i know some fat is inevitable but the less the better

bradley
02-15-2003, 04:56 PM
Although you are trying to gain mass I wouldn't go on all out "see food" diet if you know what I mean. Increase your cals slowly until you are gaining about a pound a week and this should help in minimizing fat gains.

Although a little chocolate milk isn't by no means going to hurt you I wouldn't make it a staple of my diet. Too much sugar IMO.