PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Kappa Psi

GIS
02-15-2003, 05:25 PM
Anybody here members of Alpha Kappa Psi?

For those who don't know what it is, it's a professional business fraternity. IT'S NOT A 'FRAT'!!

I hate frats. It's a professional fraternity which means it's all about networking and business related functions. It's co-ed, there's no 'house', and it's more of an organization than a frat.

It's the largest professional frat in the world so I'm sure SOMEBODY out there is a member/alumni.

orangecrush
02-16-2003, 01:08 AM
Don't you like to have fun?

GIS
02-16-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by orangecrush
Don't you like to have fun?

Oh we have our fun, allright. I just got back from playing board games with everybody all night. :rolleyes:

No, actually we have pleanty of 'unofficial' gatherings that are much like what you'd fine with a social frat.

Mystic Eric
02-16-2003, 02:41 AM
GIS doesn't like fun. He's boring. haha

GIS
02-16-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Mystic Eric
GIS doesn't like fun. He's boring. haha

:swear:

NOBODY is in AKPsi?? Geesh.

Praetorian
02-16-2003, 12:43 PM
heard of the Freemasons?

Allie
02-16-2003, 12:44 PM
My sorority is a professional organization. We do have a house but are not involved with the greek system as a whole at Michigan State University. Where as the AKPsi here is, and I do believe they have a house but am not sure.

I hear you though, the reason I rushed was to put it on my resume and network and it has paid off. I will have awesome letters of reference for when I graduate in December. And I will also be published by graduation also, all thanks to people I have met through soroity sisters.

kAiXuan
02-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by GIS
Anybody here members of Alpha Kappa Psi?

For those who don't know what it is, it's a professional business fraternity. IT'S NOT A 'FRAT'!!

I hate frats. It's a professional fraternity which means it's all about networking and business related functions. It's co-ed, there's no 'house', and it's more of an organization than a frat.

It's the largest professional frat in the world so I'm sure SOMEBODY out there is a member/alumni. No, actually we have pleanty of 'unofficial' gatherings that are much like what you'd fine with a social frat.

LOL, so its a frat?

Tryska
02-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Centaurion
heard of the Freemasons?

what about 'em, cent?

AdamGberg
02-17-2003, 02:07 PM
stonecutters...skulls....?

AdamGberg
02-17-2003, 02:08 PM
Phi Kappa Tau?!?!:thumbup:

CollegeBoy
02-17-2003, 03:08 PM
Alpha Rho Chi? Architecture frat? :windup:

kAiXuan
02-17-2003, 10:23 PM
kappa tappa kega?

im a tri lamb 4lyf3!!!

Praetorian
02-18-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Tryska

what about 'em, cent?

they are, or was, one of the most influential fraternitys, or whatever you call it, in the world...better than Alpha Kappa Psi...join the Freemasons instead.

:hump:

GIS
02-18-2003, 01:51 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the Freemason's are a political organization.

AKPsi is a business frat with the purpose of networking between members and the community. Like Allie said, she's made some great connections through the organizations she's joined, and AKPsi has not only helped me meet some great friends, but it also introduced me to an individual who I am/will be going into business with.

GIS
02-18-2003, 01:52 AM
Oh, and tri lambs rule!

*snorts and pushes glasses up nose*

Praetorian
02-18-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by GIS
If I'm not mistaken, the Freemason's are a political organization.

AKPsi is a business frat with the purpose of networking between members and the community. Like Allie said, she's made some great connections through the organizations she's joined, and AKPsi has not only helped me meet some great friends, but it also introduced me to an individual who I am/will be going into business with.

no theyre not a political organization. Its just that their members have/had so much power that they could influence whatever they wanted. It still exists today, almost the same as AKP.

ps. If you read "war and Peace" youll see what im talking about