PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol

noahfor123
02-16-2003, 03:48 PM
I went to a party last night, and although I had not planned on drinking I did anyway. I didn't have the self control not too. I'm in college, and have a horrible social life and axiety problems, so in a party situation it is very hard to resist. I feel that I can avoid drinking from now on by just not going to parties, but one of my friends told me that someone told him that one night of drinking ruins a whole week of working out. Is that true. I had 5 beers, and I weigh about 145. It happened on the night of day six of wbb1, so it was in the middle of the two day rest period. I've been drinking water constantly since then, had a couple glasses of detox tea, and took a multivitamin. I even consumed a protein bar at the party although it was probably futile. Did I ruin a whole week of training, and if I did was it the week I already completed or this coming week?

MrWebb78
02-16-2003, 04:00 PM
i think its a bit extreme to say you ruined the whole week of training. all the booze does is slow or even stop your metabolism and dehydrate you. if yer drinkin plenty of water or carb drink(gatorade), and back on track with the diet then its probably no big deal, especially if you only had 5 beers.

restless
02-16-2003, 04:06 PM
Don't strees about it.

Alcohol will hinder protein synthesis to some degree for the next 24 hours or so and in the case of beer it will also have a less than desirable impact on your endocrine system but it won't really ruin a whole week of training.

People in this forum are completely pro alcohol so I'm sure others will say the same thing. This could well be called wannabedrunk forums or something like that.

orbital
02-16-2003, 04:52 PM
I drank some beers last night too. I AM SCREWED :eek:
Don't worry about it man. Having a few drinks now and then, even getting wasted is probably not going to affect your BB'ing results that much. I don't pretend to know any of the science behind the effects of alcohol upon a BB'er but personal experience and common sense tells me that social drinking will not hinder your progress in any substantial way.

Wizard
02-16-2003, 04:52 PM
You did nothing wrong. Booze is anabolic.

Well it ain't... but you went to a party and you had fun..
If you do it 1-2 times per month you have nothing to worry about..

Mic Soloist
02-16-2003, 06:47 PM
I drank 2 nights in a row this weekend. all I worry about is all those ****in calories. Each beer has like 120 calories, and I drank like 7 each night. Plus its been snowing horribly so I haven't been able to go to the gym all weekend. I can acually feel myself getting fatter..... oh well

*Does 100 pushups*

orbital
02-16-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist
I drank 2 nights in a row this weekend. all I worry about is all those ****in calories. Each beer has like 120 calories, and I drank like 7 each night. Plus its been snowing horribly so I haven't been able to go to the gym all weekend. I can acually feel myself getting fatter..... oh well

*Does 100 pushups*

Louisville, Kentucky? Snow? That is bizarre for that area isn't it?

Berserker
02-17-2003, 03:20 PM
Its not going to help you but it isn't going to ruin your whole week. I am not anything special or huge but I have made gains and I drink a few times a week. So if once a week ruined the entire week I would never have progressed at all.

In my opinion you need to worry more about the hangover effecting your training the next day. I drink alot of water and if I drink alot I eat something before bed. The other bad thing is it makes it hard to get your protein.