PDA

View Full Version : to cheat or not to cheat??

fatsoPanda
02-16-2003, 06:26 PM
Ok guys...just wondering what some of you guys think..On a contest diet who believes in having a cheat day?? Why?? Who doesn't?? Why??

Saint Patrick
02-16-2003, 06:32 PM
I read the title and thought this was another dating thread :hump:

I personally have never competed, so I can't speak for a contest diet. I am cutting however, and I never have a whole cheat DAY. Rather, I have 2 or 3 cheat MEALS throughout the week.

BennettBoy
02-16-2003, 06:43 PM
I guess it would depend on the goals of each individual doing the show. And wouldn't it also depend on what you consider cheating. I plan to compete in May and I have not followed my diet 100%, but I haven't had terrible food choices I cheated with either. I'm all for cheating though. :)

fatsoPanda
02-16-2003, 07:25 PM
hahaha, yeah i guess i can see why some might think it's a dating thread....

Anyway, I was just wondering because some people say it allows your body to recover..some say it fools your body into not thinking it's starving..and some say it just allows you to maintain a constant diet. I've even heard of some people say that when they added a cheat day into their plan they made greater improvements into their physique. I dunno?? Alot of opinions, just curious on what some think in here.

bradley
02-17-2003, 02:39 AM
I have never competed but I would think having a cheat meal every now and then would be ok, but just keep it within reason. As the show gets closer I would say you would probably have to cut back on the cheat meals.:)

Wizard
02-17-2003, 04:37 AM
As long as it's a high carb cheat meal (low fructose and fat), it's ok. An entire pig out day can set you back sometimes so don't overdo it.

Davy
02-17-2003, 05:37 AM
Now and then having a cheat is not bad , when i realy realy realy feed the need to eat something that has been away for some weeks , i just eat it in a reasonable amount.

Whole day cheats sucks arse i think , no need in doing that , just eat the damn thing if you are hungry for it and it has been a while , that keeps the diet going.
Otherwhise , i think you will fall back more quickly in the old habits.

But i realy think there is no need in whole day cheats , whats the advantage with having all greasy meals with an excess of like 2000 cals or something when you can get a cheat meal once in a while with only maybe 500 cals more then normal.

Wizard
02-17-2003, 06:07 AM
C'est la verite Davy.
You just need to fully replenish the glycogen stores so you have to go with a high carb meal. Any additional caloric intake will be stored as adipose tissue.