PDA

View Full Version : watermelon, cantalope, and honeydew

JRink
02-17-2003, 06:45 PM
Anybody know if these are worth eating? Does it provide anything good for someone who's working out? I'm so clueless with this stuff, haha.

Only thing I've done diet-wise so far is cut drastically down on my soda and replaced it with water, and making sure to eat 3 full meals a day insteading of skimping. Otherwise I haven't yet begun looking at what type of foods to eat, carbs, etc. I find alot of this stuff confusing and so much contradictory information.

Well anyway, let me know about watermelon, cantalope, and honeydew.... thanks.

GIS
02-17-2003, 08:38 PM
Watermelon seems like it doesn't have a very large nutrition profile, but I might be mistaken.

Fruit is always good for you and I wouldn't worry about the carbs associated with them unless you eat a whole matermelon, cantalope, and honeydew a day.

What are your goals? To bulk and add mass or to cutt and lose bodyfat?

JRink
02-17-2003, 08:51 PM
Well, I'm new to weightlifting and the last thing I need to do is lose weight. When I started this (WBB) a month ago, I was 5'8" 129 lbs and I'm around 134 lbs now.

I'm NOT watching calories, carbs, or anything like that. I'm just making sure to eat 3 full meals a day as I stated earlier. I have no idea how much I'm taking in, but I know I'm taking in more than I was before I started lifting. I'm mainly looking to put on a few pounds and add a little bit of mass along with gaining some good strength. My goal isn't anything fantasic. I hope after weightlifting over the course of this year I could be around 150 pounds or so with some good muscle tone. Not necessarily looking to be totally ripped or have muscles bulging out everywhere, but I'd like to be vastly different from the skinny runt I am now, heh.

Beast
02-17-2003, 09:22 PM
If you want to get big, you have to eat more than 3 meals per day! Since you're so skinny, you're going to have to eat a lot to gain weight. Try to eat 5-6 times per day, taking in good, nutritious meals.
BTW, I'd only eat the melon before the workout to get you energized.

GIS
02-18-2003, 10:23 PM
Eat fruit whenever you want. It's healthy and unless you're on a keto diet, it won't hurt anything. Considering you need all the calories you can get, eat to your heart's desire or until you get a horrible bout of the squirts.

I reccomend eating any and everything you can get your hands on. Aim for like 150-200g protein a day and in all honesty, I think you could easily get away with 4-5,000 calories per day. Eat, eat, eat... but try to make it clean and take some weight gainer shakes.

MrWebb78
02-18-2003, 10:27 PM
in the summer i could eat a whole watermelon a day. yum. hardly any calories, its mostly what it says....water.

aka23
02-20-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by MrWebb78
in the summer i could eat a whole watermelon a day. yum. hardly any calories, its mostly what it says....water.

A whole watermelon has a lot of calories. A typical watermelon contains about 2,500 calories (though they may range anywhere from 1,000 to 15,000 calories). A typical serving (17oz) contains about 150 calories. Watermelon is about 91% water by weight. Most fruits and vegtables also have very high percentages. For example lettuce is 94% water, broccoli is 91% water, carrots are 88% water, apples are 84% water.