PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Diet

wibble
02-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Today I decided its time to start bulking. I'm eating small portions about every 2-3 hours, and before I used to eat next to nothing.

The thing is, I find myself starving to death and I'm eating more than usual. I know this is kind of normal since my metabolism will speed up and stuff, but I didn't think I would notice this until at least a few days into the diet. Also I don't really feel full after every meal, I could still eat more but I don't want to go nuts and gain a lot of fat. I'm pretty used to the hungry feeling and all, I used to only eat maybe 3 times a day, but when I looked at how much/often I would be eating I didn't think I'd be able to eat it all.

I guess I'll just drink more with the meals to fill up or munch on some carrots or something.

What do you guys think? Is this normal after only 1 day? Seems a bit crazy to me.

Thanks,
wibble

raniali
02-18-2003, 03:41 PM
ur dying

but we all are
this is quite normal actually

wibble
02-18-2003, 06:08 PM
I'm dying?!

Will trade sexual favors for medical help! :hump:

I mean uhh.. Thanks raniali :hump: DAMN!

:D

CBates
02-18-2003, 06:11 PM
Are you eating plenty of fat in your diet?

raniali
02-18-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by wibble
I'm dying?!

Will trade sexual favors for medical help! :hump:

I mean uhh.. Thanks raniali :hump: DAMN!

:D

i'll remember that if there ever be a need in my life.

AstronautJones
02-18-2003, 06:24 PM
If you're still hungry, eat MORE! After all, you are trying to bulk.

wibble
02-18-2003, 06:26 PM
I hope by remember you mean forget ranali. ;)

Are you eating plenty of fat in your diet?

Yup, I'm doing a 40/30/30 split. I guess its just my metabolism though, its the same kind of hunger I used to get when I put on 10 pounds last summer. Its not a hungry feeling like I haven't eaten in awhile, its a dear god I'm starving feeling about an hour or so after I eat. If that makes sense... :rolleyes:

wibble
02-18-2003, 06:28 PM
If you're still hungry, eat MORE! After all, you are trying to bulk.

This is true, but 2500 cals should be plenty for me at 140lbs. I don't wanna get all fat. :)

Alke
02-18-2003, 06:52 PM
>>ur dying<<

LOL

Man if you get a 'starving' feeling you must have a high metabolism and you can eat more. some people can just eat and eat and do all right, maybe your one of them lucky people :)

wibble
02-18-2003, 08:17 PM
Yeah I guess so. :)

Although I can eat next to nothing and maintain my current weight also. I think my growth is stuck. :)

So what should I do, keep going like I am and stick to my diet, have snacks throughout the day like fruits and vegetables or just forget counting calories altogether and just eat? Thats the one I'm afraid of, I gained 10lbs of fat that way the summer. Of course I wasn't lifting then though. I don't mind gaining some fat as long as I get some size. Don't want it all goin to my belly and looking like the old man though. :D

bradley
02-19-2003, 02:26 AM
Just eat and keep an eye on how much weight you gain. If you start gaining too much bf then just cut back a little. If you are eating clean I doubt that you are going to "get fat.":)

wibble
02-19-2003, 09:28 AM
Alright sounds good, thanks. I seem a little better than yesterday, I had a banana along with my first meal. I also made the oatmeal thicker and it seemed to fill me up more. I can't stomach oatmeal w/o a banana though. Yuck. ;)

We'll see how the rest of the day goes. I'm supposed to do legs today also but I think I'll have to wait till tomorrow, my back is dead from yesterday and I can't imaging squatting right now. Anyways, that was off topic. Maybe I should just start a journal but I don't know how often I would update it. ;)

raniali
02-19-2003, 09:49 AM
eat more - eat clean - eat till u r satisfied - and adjust this method in a week or two if it doesn't appear to give you the desired results

btw - i have already forgotten

wibble
02-19-2003, 02:24 PM
Right on, I'll see how it goes, thanks. :hump:
Sorry I'm nothing but a tease. :cry: