PDA

View Full Version : Bulking to cutting?

TommyLee
02-18-2003, 03:44 PM
Here are some more newbie questions. Bear with me.
I'm on what you could consider a bulking diet in that I'm eating more times per day with more food per sitting. I have no idea what the calories are because I haven't gotten that far. Or what the ratio is p/c/f. I know I'm getting a lot of carbs and protein and I'm sure the fat is there too. My question is how long should the bulking diet last before I go to a cutting diet? I have no idea what gains I should be looking for. Thanks for any advice.

I know a lot of this info is here in articles and I do read when I get time, but I'd like some opinions too.

Should a cutting diet utilize AMR or less calories?

Thanks

bradley
02-18-2003, 04:28 PM
Just keep bulking until you are happy with the results or feel it is time to cut. Some cut when they reach a certain weight or bf%, but there is no set point at which to end your cut. Different strokes for different folks:)

A cutting diet usually entails less calories or some cardio or both.

AstronautJones
02-18-2003, 05:42 PM
:withstupi By comparison, I recently just began cutting after a successful 6 month bulk.

Saint Patrick
02-19-2003, 02:14 AM
My last bulk I added 30 lbs and increased 4% body fat.

I started cutting when I started to feel fat. My Pants were getting tight around the waist, and I looked like a tub o' lard in the mirror.