PDA

View Full Version : lots of milk...

Dkm911
02-18-2003, 11:38 PM
I figure i could get a lot of extra protein in by drinking a lot of milk like 4-6 cups a day.. would this be adversive to my health in general.. im trying to bulk... a lot of milk sometimes SOMETIMES gives me the runs but nothing i cant handle..

AstronautJones
02-19-2003, 01:46 AM
Milk is good, especially when bulking.

body
02-19-2003, 03:23 AM
i like milk.

no idea how much 4-6 cups is.
i drink 2-3 litres or about 4-6 pints a day. that can some times give me 100 grams of protein.

Wizard
02-19-2003, 03:58 AM
I usually drink 1 pint a day.. I add it to french coffee and I drink at least 3 cups per day.

(don't start a debate about the french here!!!)

Dkm911
02-19-2003, 10:58 PM
im going to make whole milk a major part of my bulking diet... is the whole milk a bad idea i enjoy the taste and i dont think the fat is really gonna hurt me considering im a skinny bastard with a high metabolism

JHolmes145
02-19-2003, 11:13 PM
i did the whole milk thing all last yr but IMO its not really worth it as the fat is so high but it doesnt have ne more protein and only like 20 more cals then 2%

bradley
02-20-2003, 02:36 AM
I would just drink skim milk and then get my fat calories from more healthy sources.

Wizard
02-20-2003, 02:42 AM
exactly

Workhorse
02-20-2003, 09:14 AM
I drink about 2L of skim milk a day. But I don't get the runs.. if you're getting them with only 1-1.5L, I'd say something else is wrong or its not the milk in your diet that's doing it.

Tryska
02-20-2003, 09:48 AM
depends on how sensitive you are. I started using dairy as my primary protein source when i first started this bb thing, and it made me break out insanely from allt he hormones in it i think. to this day i can't even eat ice cream without breaking out.

other people develop lactose intolerance. i say go for it, as it is incredibly convenient, but if you devleop any adverse reactions, then stop.

also, i would suggest using organic dairy products to cut down on the amoutn of extraneous hormones and antibiotics you take in, and the whole-fat kind, to cut down on the amount of lactose you take in. it might make ya kinda soft and puffy.

Dkm911
02-20-2003, 12:47 PM
the milk i get is cheap i can put it on my meal plan.. ill look for skim but i dont think they have any.... ill do what i can but right now its all about the $$$

bigkevin20
02-20-2003, 12:55 PM
I dont drink much milk, I am lacose intollerant. I mean I can drink it I love my dairy but you wont love me. My stomach doesnt get upset but I fart like a machine all day all night. Constantly farting and they smell so bad.:fart:

kAiXuan
02-20-2003, 12:56 PM
i am slightly lactose intolerant, but im trying to beat it by increasing my dairy intake a little each day. milk is a good source, but like everyone said high in fat so use 2% or reduced fat milk-

Silverback
02-20-2003, 02:33 PM
Skimmed milk rocks, it has become my number one weapon of assualt on the bulk.

My mates at uni have started calling me the 'random milk man' as i keep producing cartons of milk from nowhere :)

GonePostal
02-20-2003, 02:43 PM
Get some lactase pills and see if that clears up the runs. I am slightly lactose intolerant and that seems to clear it right up no matter how much milk i drink.

restless
02-20-2003, 02:48 PM
I have an allergy to casein so I don't drink any milk at all and the only milk derivate I use is whey 3 X week. It's unbelievable how much better my asthma got once I stopped using casein supplements, it got to a point where I had to wait around 4 or 5 minutes after each set just to be able to put away the weight plates at the gym and any stair climbing would leave me breathless. I had several sleepless nights use the damned asthma pump like a maniac and all the time I believed this was related to the added weight and muscle mass. One day I came across one of those anti mlik site that had endless articles about casein and respiratory problems, namely mucus (which was also a problem) and asthma. I tried it and the difference is unbelievable. I didn't breathe this good since my vegetarian days (no milk then either). Of course, a few weeks after I stopped casein I also started ephedrine which surelly helped too, but the difference was noticeable before that. Just thought this would be something that might be usefull in the archives....

bigkevin20
02-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by kAiXuan
i am slightly lactose intolerant, but im trying to beat it by increasing my dairy intake a little each day. milk is a good source, but like everyone said high in fat so use 2% or reduced fat milk-

Is this true. I can kill my farts by flooding out the problem with more milk over time?

John_Galt
02-21-2003, 05:14 PM
Is this true. I can kill my farts by flooding out the problem with more milk over time?

No. This won't work. Lactose Intolerance is not something you can overcome in this way. There is no cure for it, and it is not known to disappear, and particularly not through aggravating your digestive system day after day.

However, this need not mean that you need to cut all dairy products from your diet. In many cases, there are certain types of dairy products (yoghurt, for example) that some people with lactose intolerance have no trouble digesting. You can only discover this through experimentation.

But, in any case, you can also take lactase liquid or tablet (I suggest tablet) while eating dairy, and you won't experience any of your gassiness, etc. while still being able to enjoy all dairy products.

A good site for more information is provided by the NIH here:
http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health/digest/pubs/lactose/lactose.htm

Now you can get back to drinking milk! mmmmm... Milk! :D

-JG

smalls
02-21-2003, 05:19 PM
BUT, if you are not TRULY lactose intolerant, as it seems Kaiuxan is not. Then increasing then or continuing consumption can help.

I completely cut out dairy during my first cut (I was a jackass). And when I started drinking it again, any amount at all, I would get severe discomfort and gas. Over time I increased intake and just kept drinking it and eventually it went away. I am now cutting and drink at least 5 cups a day.

bigkevin20
02-21-2003, 08:30 PM
Well I dont mind letting a few go I am all ways around those I am comfertable with. Or I wont care and just laugh. I do drink lactaid and that does work I tried the pills and didnt get any thing from it.

Ti1301
02-25-2003, 02:40 AM
I started off drinking alot of milk to bulk.
It worked, then I had lactaid for a while.
My body got used to lactaid, now I am lactose intolerent.
Now my gains are pathetic to when I had real milk.
Oh well.

Berserker
02-25-2003, 08:53 AM
When I started bulking drank quite a bit, a gallon every 2-3 days. I am cutting back now, since I am not as active and trying to cut back on the carbs. Also getting ready to start cutting. I think its a great way to add a protein.

bigkevin20
02-25-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Ti1301
I started off drinking alot of milk to bulk.
It worked, then I had lactaid for a while.
My body got used to lactaid, now I am lactose intolerent.
Now my gains are pathetic to when I had real milk.
Oh well.

Why would you drink lactaid if you did not have to. I dont se why you woulld do that since you didnt have any problems. Now you have to becasue your body is use to it. That goes against every thing that was mentioned above. And lactaid is just as good as real milk except no lactose you would have gotten the same gains any way.

ChubbZ
02-27-2003, 01:39 PM
I used to finish 1gallon of 2%milk in 2 days during my bulk. The only bad thing is gas.:fart:

Stray
02-27-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by ChubbZ
I used to finish 1gallon of 2%milk in 2 days during my bulk. The only bad thing is gas.:fart:

Gas isn't always a negative thing....my kids thing it's the funniest thing on the planet.

My wife? Not so much. :)