PDA

View Full Version : Harder: Cutting or Bulking?

Fenbay
02-19-2003, 08:47 AM
Kinda curious what the views are here on which is more difficult to achieve. I know genetics probably has a lot to do with it.

I'm still trying to find the motivation to stick with a strict cutting diet myself, but I know some of you guys seem to legitimately not be able to gain mass.

So what do you think?

Tiare
02-19-2003, 08:54 AM
Controlled bulking.

Cutting is easy, just control your eating. Bulking you have to pay attention to your diet and it becomes too easy to just get into the habit of eating everything you see and puting on way more fat than muscle.

Mic Soloist
02-19-2003, 03:47 PM
I find that no matter what I do it is impossible to lose the tiny bit of flab I need to drop. I run, lift and hardly eat and it's still not coming off. My matabilism sucks.

I'm just going to start running more and more and eating less and less until it's gone I guess. I need to drop about 1.5 inches off my waist.....

Wizard
02-19-2003, 03:49 PM
Cutting, as long as you re not afraid of bulking.

bradley
02-19-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist
I find that no matter what I do it is impossible to lose the tiny bit of flab I need to drop. I run, lift and hardly eat and it's still not coming off. My matabilism sucks.

I'm just going to start running more and more and eating less and less until it's gone I guess. I need to drop about 1.5 inches off my waist.....

Try reading the article on refeeds and might also run a search on them. Drastically cutting calories and doing lost of cardio will lead to losses in LBM.

nejar462
02-19-2003, 09:41 PM
well bulking is hard on the wallet and cooking all that food can be a biatch, u probably spend at least a half hour more of your day just eating the extra food, not counting the time it takes to prepare

EdgeCrusher
02-19-2003, 10:42 PM
I've always found bulking to be much easier than Cutting. But that's because I find myself to be fat and strong.

Saint Patrick
02-19-2003, 11:39 PM
Bulking is Easy. Cutting is a bitch.

AstronautJones
02-19-2003, 11:50 PM
:withstupi Couldn't have said it better.

gopher
02-19-2003, 11:51 PM
:withstupi Cutting is a pain in the @$$! Bulking is fun.

Fenbay
02-20-2003, 01:08 PM
Edge, that pretty much sums my natural body up as well. I'm stronger than probably 95% of the guys in the gym any given day, but I sure as hell can't dump this weight.

I've incorporated jogging into my routine again so we'll see where that leads.

I'll also admit that sticking to an exact diet plan for more than a month or so has been the impossible feat for me as well.

Toying with trying a TKD or CKD, but with a newly pregnant wife that will be an uphill battle!

powerhalf
02-20-2003, 02:03 PM
It depends on what aspect of the cut or bulk you're talking about, I think ;) I think it's harder to get the results you want from a bulk (LBM with minimal fat gain) than it is to cut... but obviously, bulking is a hell of a lot more fun!

NateDogg
02-20-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist

If I remember right, you were hardly eating anything already?

WaterWalker
02-20-2003, 09:39 PM
I actually prefer cutting because my bulks are very controlled and it gets monotonous stuffing tuna and cottage cheese into my pie whole every 2-3 hours. I dislike eating in excess but it is essential during a bulk.:burger:

Berserker
02-20-2003, 09:40 PM
Cuttings harder. Takes more discipline not to eat what you want. To whorever said it takes discipline to bulk and eat the right things, sures alot easier to watch what you eat when your stuffed.

majsi98
02-21-2003, 05:31 AM
Cutting is harder, you have to train with reduced calories, increase aerobic activities and watch what you eat.... who ever experienced a pre contest diet may well tell what is harder and what is not