PDA

View Full Version : High Cholestrol Levels?

uniquemr2
02-20-2003, 03:48 PM
Hey i'm 16 and i recently got a blood test done and the doctors say my bad cholestrol levels are slightly higher than normal. I just went on a bulking cycle and went from 165 to 195lbs in 8 months. I've put on a decent amount of muscle but i also put on alot of fat. The doctor says i should drop some weight. I'm planning to cut in a few weeks. I was wondering after i drop the bodyfat and go down to 9-10% will my cholestrol levels drop? My moms side has a history of high cholestrol. what can i do? i feel so discouraged because i try so hard to eat every 2-3 hours healthy and workout but i got high cholestrol after i started upping my calories when bulking. I know i bulked wrong cause i over ate too much but next year i'll do it properly and track every single thing i put in my mouth.:help:

restless
02-20-2003, 03:57 PM
What were your LDL and HDL levels?

HANSEL
02-20-2003, 07:30 PM
Eat healthy fats to boost HDL (Nuts, Olive oil, etc)
Cut down on saturated fat and cut out trans fats to lower LDL
Eat plenty of fiber to lower LDL

uniquemr2
02-20-2003, 08:50 PM
i dont know the exact number but both my good and bad cholestrol levels were higher than average. my bad cholestral was about .02 higher.

LAM
02-21-2003, 09:25 AM
ditto...about the fiber. also monosaturated fats will help to lower serum LDL cholesterol. Use high oleic safflower oil

Ironman8
02-21-2003, 03:58 PM
And remember, DON'T SKIP ON THE CARDIOVASCULAR EXCERCISE!!