PDA

View Full Version : GIS Bulk Pics

GIS
02-20-2003, 10:27 PM
Most Muscular

BTW, left is old, right is new with each pic.

The old were taken December 12th, the new February 19th, so a little over two months

Comments are appreciated!

EDIT: I just realized that I put Feb 3rd and not Feb 19th. I have no idea where the 3rd came from, but oh well.

GIS
02-20-2003, 10:28 PM
Back

I'm a little surprised my back didn't grow a little more. I think it's because I focused so much on deads and heavy BB rows.

I'm going to start doing more chins and concentrate more on a good squeeze on rows rather than weight.

GIS
02-20-2003, 10:29 PM
Side chest

GIS
02-20-2003, 10:31 PM
Overall I'm very happy with my bulk so far. Went from 175 in November to 200 now.

Still a lot of room for improvement, especially with my back.

Alex.V
02-20-2003, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I approved them, but they're not working. try again, mang.

GIS
02-20-2003, 11:14 PM
Cheers to Belial for responding to my PM's about approving them and to Ectx for the help with how to put two pics side by side!

:alcoholic

Alex.V
02-20-2003, 11:18 PM
:thumbup:

Most muscular shows the improvement the best. Excellent work!

Mystic Eric
02-20-2003, 11:23 PM
That's some good work man.

GIS
02-20-2003, 11:37 PM
Okay... here are some leg shots.

Keep in mind I basically had NEVER done legs until right after the first pic was taken (left). Why had I never done legs? Because I hurt my knee pretty bad when I first tried doing them several years ago and mentally I wasn't up to doing them in fear of hurting myself again.

Soon after I too the left pic, I injured my lower back and wasn't able to again do squats for several weeks, so any progress is the result of only about a month.

Most of my size gain has been in the glutes and inner thighs. Unfortunatly my quads havn't been growing like my upper legs, but they'll start to come.

I've slowly been getting into squats as not to injur myself and have been making very quick progress. I'm going to start integrating more leg presses because they seem to work my quads the best.

Laughing is okay. :)

WillKuenzel
02-20-2003, 11:54 PM
Wow, dude that's some nice progress for just a couple of months! Definitely some really good improvement all the way around.

NotSoBig
02-21-2003, 12:39 AM
That's killer progress for the amount of time invested.

Whats your secret?

GIS
02-21-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by NotSoBig
That's killer progress for the amount of time invested.

Whats your secret?

I took 1-AD for three weeks back in December, but that made me go from ~175 - ~184.

Don't go out and buy it because I then went to 200 on lots and lots of food and strict training. I've never bulked correctly before so a lot of this is 'newbie' muscle gain and I'm sure things are going to get much more difficult now. I'm also rather gifted genetically (I used to think I was a hardgainer until I trained right), but most people don't realize just what it takes to bulk... I know I didin't. It takes a lot of food an smart training.

In a lot of ways, bulking is really easy. Just eat a lot and don't overtrain. I say easy because a lot of people work out 5-6 days a week for 2 hours a day and don't eat enough. Just eat a lot and cut that training in half while progressing in weight and gains will come.

Buff
02-21-2003, 01:34 AM
Hey brother you are representing Washington well. Are you planning on attending the Emerald Cup at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue in April? Ronnie Coleman, Gunter Schlieeahlkhfdl and some other pros are going to be there. You should definitely check it out man. It will pump you up to compete like you will never believe. Keep it up!

Buff

steveo
02-21-2003, 01:44 AM
Dude you got some major size put on you. bro. good job.

Black_Curtain
02-21-2003, 04:27 AM
That's some awsome progress! I hope my next bulk cycle would be as great as yours.

BennettBoy
02-21-2003, 05:35 AM
Nice improvement GIS. Just keep pounding away at your legs! Overall, I'd say the improvements with your upperbody especially are very noticeable.

Workhorse
02-21-2003, 07:39 AM
Great job GIS, you can see definate improvements in just a 2 month span. Keep up the great work!!! :thumbup:

chris mason
02-21-2003, 08:16 AM
Nice job!

bigkevin20
02-21-2003, 08:29 AM
Thats a good bit of weight you gained there boy!

BCC
02-21-2003, 09:57 AM
Chest/Delt tie in looks great man! Good job.

GIS
02-21-2003, 11:24 AM
Thans folks.

Looking at the most muscular it doesn't even look like it should be me.

Bennett- Yeah, I plan on focusing heavily on my legs in the next couple of months. I won't completely bash myself because they have grown a TON, mainly in my glutes adn upper thighs. In fact, you can see the chaffage that has occured on my left leg from groth, so now it's a matter of filling out.

Manveet
02-21-2003, 11:29 AM
Holy **** mang, you look awesome. Your delts exploded. Keep up the great work!

NotSoBig
02-21-2003, 11:32 AM
Thanks GIS.

What does your routine look like?

NotSoBig
02-21-2003, 11:39 AM
I keep looking at your pictures. Is this much growth normal for 2 months time? I am really impressed man.

I never trained my entire body before, so I pretty much consider myself a "beginner" and was hoping to see some of the beginner gains but its just not working out. I am going to keep at it, but I too have been eating heavy and training hard for 2 months and you can't even tell a difference.

I am dedicated to this though, and I don't care if results come tomorrow, or in a couple years. Would really be nice to make those types of gains though.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. You are kicking ass. Keep it up!

Silverback
02-21-2003, 12:42 PM
Hey great work GIS, thats incredible for two months.

you deserve a big pat on the back for that work, nice1:thumbup:

GIS
02-21-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by NotSoBig
I keep looking at your pictures. Is this much growth normal for 2 months time? I am really impressed man.

I never trained my entire body before, so I pretty much consider myself a "beginner" and was hoping to see some of the beginner gains but its just not working out. I am going to keep at it, but I too have been eating heavy and training hard for 2 months and you can't even tell a difference.

I am dedicated to this though, and I don't care if results come tomorrow, or in a couple years. Would really be nice to make those types of gains though.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. You are kicking ass. Keep it up!

First off, don't look at progress pictures of other people and expect the same from you.

I said what you see can be considered newbie gains, but I have been lifting seriously for nearly 3 years. I started as a Freshman in college at 155 pounds, grew to 170 by the middle of my sophomore year, then stopped. I thought I was eating enough, but I wasn't. I thought I was training right, but I wasn't. A person can't expect to jump into the weight room and expect to see huge gains even if they've researched lifting like mad and knows everything about it. It takes experience and learning what arm position works best for what exercise, which angle to lift at, etc. There is SOOOO much involved.

Also, I didn't start growing like I am now until I started doing heavy compound movements like deads and squats. I also learned what was best for me. I can't flat bench to save my life so I just started focusin on inclines. Before long I was repping 225 incline and my chest grew like no other.

Keep learning, eat a lot, and be patient. One say you will click both mentally and physically and it's a hell of a fun experience. :D

Oh yeah... as for your question about my routine, just check out my journal 'the end of the beginning'

SWOLE
02-21-2003, 04:50 PM
so you felt the 1-AD didnt work?? what brand did you buy because i was considering taking it down the road.
very nice progress by the way

Blitzforce
02-21-2003, 06:20 PM
very noticable progress - congrats!

GIS
02-21-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by SWOLE
so you felt the 1-AD didnt work?? what brand did you buy because i was considering taking it down the road.
very nice progress by the way

I bought the Ergopharm 1-AD and used 2 bottles @ a six cap/day dosage. This lasted three weeks and is considered to be a medium dose.

It did help, don't get me wrong. It gave me a boost in strength and pumps that made it feel like I was about to explode. However, it wasn't what took me from before to after- a LOT of food (4k clean calories a day/300g protein) and smart training did.

By the way, both before and after are without any kind of a pump whatsoever on a non-workout day.

Saint Patrick
02-21-2003, 08:03 PM
GIS, Did you notice and sides with the 1-AD?

Originally posted by Buff
Hey brother you are representing Washington well. Are you planning on attending the Emerald Cup at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue in April? Ronnie Coleman, Gunter Schlieeahlkhfdl and some other pros are going to be there. You should definitely check it out man. It will pump you up to compete like you will never believe. Keep it up!

Buff

April, eh? I am SO there.

GIS
02-22-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Saint Patrick
GIS, Did you notice and sides with the 1-AD?

Nope, no sides aside from a zit on my chin.

rookiebldr
02-22-2003, 05:04 AM
GIS, very impressive gains. You can definitely notice the 25 extra pounds and it doesn't look like your bodyfat increased much at all.

GIS
02-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Okay, I just read a post where people were again saying alcohol keeps you from growing.

In the two months time that these pics were taken, I drank probably twice a week on average. I managed to grow.

rookiebldr: Yeah, I had minimal fat gain compared to some people doing a serious bulk, but I still gained some fat and can really tell around my lower back (love handles) and stomach. It's nothing i'm worried about though.

Mik
02-22-2003, 06:14 PM
Nice progress GIS! The new weight is definitely noticeable. Like Rookie said, it appears there was minimal fat gain.
*walks away wishing my bulk was that successful*

Zole
02-23-2003, 11:45 AM
Hey !
U better focuse on the arms now so u can match those huge traps of urs !! ;)

Good work !

GIS
02-23-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Zole
Hey !
U better focuse on the arms now so u can match those huge traps of urs !! ;)

Good work !

Haha, yeah. My traps have always been strangly disproportionate to the rest of my body and I don't even train them directly.

As for my arms, I jsut started directly training them again to try and encourage a little growth. I'm more concerned with my compound movements like deads, bent bb rows, squats, and bench than my arms because I figure they'll grow as they need.

Thanks!

Celestial
03-06-2003, 03:22 AM
Awesom work!

GoingToBeBig
03-06-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by GIS
Most Muscular

BTW, left is old, right is new with each pic.

The old were taken December 12th, the new February 19th, so a little over two months

Comments are appreciated!

EDIT: I just realized that I put Feb 3rd and not Feb 19th. I have no idea where the 3rd came from, but oh well.

Hi!

Nice progress! Can you pleace post your diet and training-routine?

Thanx!

Greetings...

GIS
03-06-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by GoingToBeBig

Hi!

Nice progress! Can you pleace post your diet and training-routine?

Thanx!

Greetings...

Example of my average diet (http://students.washington.edu/garre/diet.htm)

My journal for example of my training (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=399248#post399248)

Wolverine
03-06-2003, 05:56 PM
excellent work in such a short amount of time!!

GIS
07-14-2003, 10:12 PM
*sigh* I hope to be back to this size soon!

currently: 185. 15 to go.

Ironman8
07-14-2003, 10:26 PM
Looking good man!

Herc
07-15-2003, 08:14 AM
Dude, I feel you pain.

Right there with you with 15 lbs to go.

:thumbup:

GIS
07-15-2003, 09:52 AM
LOL... wtf...

My scale just showed 177. I've gone from 185 to 180 to 177 in.... 3 days. I can guarantee I've been GAINING weight in the past week so I'm at least at 185. I'll have to weight myself at the gym this week to get a more accurate reading.

Worthless $30 scale...

Rock
07-15-2003, 01:00 PM
wow that is something, your arm is up half an inch the 3 picture, thats not so bad indeed!

WeakSauceAsian
07-27-2003, 11:20 AM
Those traps are huge, nice progress

GIS
07-28-2003, 09:47 PM
Yeehaw... I'm back up to 191. It's amazing what muscle memory can do... and a lot of calories.

Someday I'll post new pictures on WBB when I hit 205. Needless to say that might take a while.