PDA

View Full Version : It must just be me.

NotSoBig
02-21-2003, 12:32 AM
After 4 weeks of eating around 2k calories, and training my ass of.. I still hadn't seen any results as far as fat loss. I decided to go ahead and cut my calories back (even though everyone reccomended against it) and I am finally losing the fat.

I am down about 4 lbs in the last couple weeks, and can tell a good bit of difference looking in the mirror. No muscle loss from what I can tell, just flab vanishing from my gut. I can see my ribs on my sides, and the top of my abs are starting to show.

Ill post more pics in a few weeks when its really noticable in pictures.

fuzz
02-21-2003, 09:40 AM
Were you tracking your cals religiously? For instance, making sure to track dressings, oils, any soda or sweets you had between meals.

Underestimating caloric intake is a very common problem for many people.

NotSoBig
02-21-2003, 10:54 AM
Yep, tracking them to the T. Everything that went into my mouth was writen down and calculated into my daily calorie intake.

Manveet
02-21-2003, 12:05 PM
Maybe you were holding a lot of water when you thought you weren't losing any weight?

EdgeCrusher
02-21-2003, 01:16 PM
u said 4 lbs in 4 weeks. that's good.

NotSoBig
02-21-2003, 05:06 PM
No, when eating 2k calories for the first 4 weeks, I GAINED 8 pounds. Now (the last 2 or so weeks) I am losing weight taking in around 1500 calories.

Manveet:
Thats possible I guess.. seems unlikely though. I honestly dont know.

aka23
02-21-2003, 05:17 PM
NotSoBig,

Have eaten very low calorie diets in the past? Sometimes the body can adapt to low calorie intakes by burning calories more efficiently. Other possiblities include that you are naturally an efficient calorie burner and medical issues such as hypothyroidism.

NotSoBig
02-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by aka23
NotSoBig,

Have eaten very low calorie diets in the past?

Not since I was real young. When I turned 17 I started eating fast food like 3 times a day(im guessing close to 4k calories a day), and did so for almost 4 years. I put on a good amount of fat on my gut, but overall I stayed healthy and fit. I went up to 190 lbs after the first year or so, and have been there every since.

I am 22 now, and trying to eat healthy.

PrinceofQueens
02-21-2003, 09:03 PM
Relax, your on the right path.

EMan
02-21-2003, 11:14 PM
hmm I'm sort of experiencing the same thing. Steady+maybe slight increase in weight, however I'm seeing fat coming off a bit on my diet. I've only been doing it for 2 weeks though :-/

Shao-LiN
02-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Well, you decreased cals from like 4k to 1500 overnight from the last time I saw your post. I'd say that had some part in it. Everyone is different, but knowing your weight, I'd honestly say you are undereating by a lot, but if that's working for you, see how long you can stick with it.

LAM
02-22-2003, 03:08 PM
if you are taking in 1500 cals a day say good bye to your LBM...at 2000 your cals where to low, so at 1500 forget about it...

NotSoBig
02-22-2003, 03:14 PM
Are you guys speaking from experience or is this just recycled info?

I am not trying to be an ass, but I am telling you what is working for me. I tried the members suggestions for weigh/fat loss for 4 weeks and I gained 8 lbs. Now I am doing it the way that makes sense to me, and its working. No muscle loss, just fat.

You guys make it sound like mucle just falls off if you arent taking in x number of calories. I don't believe this for one second. I have never lost any muscle that I have gained, and I have had weeks in my life where I know I consumed less than 1k calories a day.

Like i said, maybe its just me :rolleyes:

LAM
02-22-2003, 03:18 PM
how do know you have not lost LBM ? when is the last time you got your bf checked, and how was it measured ?

NotSoBig
02-22-2003, 03:27 PM
A few weeks ago, using a caliper.

LAM
02-22-2003, 03:32 PM
who did the test ? cause you surely can not do a 7-point test on yourself...

_-_v_-_
02-22-2003, 03:33 PM
Notsobig,

Muscle WILL be lost when eating under maintenance. It's simple thermodynamics.

NotSoBig
02-22-2003, 03:37 PM
LAM,
What does this have to do with anything? When I say I am losing fat, I am losing fat. I go by the size of my gut, and the fact that I can now see my ribs on the side, and the tops of my abs, which I could not see 3 weeks ago.

_-_v_-_,
A certain amount of muscle may be lost, but people on this site exagerate it quite a bit. "say goodbye to your LBM" come on now. Do you guys really believe a person will lose more muscle than fat when eating under maintence? I am not talking about starving myself either. I am talking 200g or so of protein, and 1500 calories.

Its working, trust me.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-22-2003, 06:39 PM
Enjoy it while you can.

Once you're 15% bf, then you really can kiss goodbye to lbm.

Once you hit this point, start some refeeds and up your cals. You mustn't have the metabolism to support the "ususal" calorie restrictions.

Shao-LiN
02-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Honestly, you can lose an appreciable amount. For anyone who is bodybuilding, it can effectively negate the gains on a previous bulk if dieting isn't done right.

djreef
02-25-2003, 12:24 PM
And the fact that you're still young, and have enough free form testosterone flowing thru you to kill a man in his 40's. I do know what you mean, though. I'm coming to the realization that I take in waaaaaay too many carbs/sugars for my metabolic rate. And we all know where that goes. So, needless to say, I've dialed these back considerably. Cutting out the crap can never be bad.

DJ
= 8-->{I>

AJ_11
02-25-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by NotSoBig
LAM,
What does this have to do with anything? When I say I am losing fat, I am losing fat. I go by the size of my gut, and the fact that I can now see my ribs on the side, and the tops of my abs, which I could not see 3 weeks ago.

_-_v_-_,
A certain amount of muscle may be lost, but people on this site exagerate it quite a bit. "say goodbye to your LBM" come on now. Do you guys really believe a person will lose more muscle than fat when eating under maintence? I am not talking about starving myself either. I am talking 200g or so of protein, and 1500 calories.

Its working, trust me.

Might be just water weight that you are losing. that explains that fact that you can see your ribs. Alos why don't you slowly lower your cals. and then add some cardio and a ECA stuck if you get stuck. BTW, you are not fat, you don't have to worry about going out and picking up. YOu have the rest of your life. The important point is that you want ot change and you have taken out the bad foods out (Fast food) and are eating cleanly. So why the rush?

Be patient, you will get there, you just won't get there tommorro.