PDA

View Full Version : Cloughie's journal

Joe Black
02-21-2003, 09:27 AM
:eek:

Yes, I am starting a journal.

Yes, I will update this one regularly and keep it updated for a long time.

Yes, LP will eat his words ;)

Anyway, so Iíll explain a bit about my recent activitiesÖ

I havenít really trained consistently since November time, and you donít know how much it pisses me off to say that. A few things contributed to this, the main one girl problems.. The last 3 weeks I have actually been unable to train also due to my shoulder getting injured.. Its finally nearly back to normalÖ

Anyway lets forget all that ****.

I am now single.
I have booked a holiday with the lads and I go away on July 19th..
I am feeling a lot more positive about all areas of my life and ready to make some MASSIVE changes this year in all areas..

So I have 20 weeks to make some massive strength and physique changes. Over the last 4 months I have gained a fair bit of fat and also lost a lot of strength I would predict as well as losing muscle. I guess thatís what happens when you donít train and donít eat properly. :cry:

My main short term goal is to come in at about 12-14% for my holiday and be as heavy as possible. I do have longer term goals and also some shorter term strength goals I will update this post with when I get home from work, but for now as big and lean as possible for my holiday is a good start. I am probably over 20% right now.. Gonna be hard I know, but all I can do is eat very very cleanly and get my head down and put in some hard work and thatís exactly what I intend to do.

So, I am going to start on a diet of 2336 calories.. a 40/30/30 spitÖ I will monitor my weight each Sunday and also make notes about my body fat although I see no need to get it checked at any point. I only care about how I look, not numbers.

So here is my workout plan and my diet plan. My first update will be tomorrow, or maybe this evening when I start my first push light training session.

Routine

Saturday - legs

Squats 1 x 4-6, 1 x 8-10
Leg press 1 x 8
Leg extensions 1 x 8
leg curls 1 x 8
Standing calve raises 2 x 15

Sunday Ė cardio x 30 mins/light punch bag workout

Monday - back and biceps

Chins 2 x 8
Barbell rows 1 x 4-6, 1 x 10
Front lat pull down 1 x 4-6, 1 x 10
Cable Row 2 x 8

Olympic bar curls 1 x 6, 1 x 10
One handed hammer curls 2 x 8

Tuesday Ė early morning cardio x 30 mins

Wednesday Ė deadlifts/delts/traps

Deadlifts 1 x 4, 1 x 7
Seated dumbbell press 1 x 6, 1 x 8-10
Lateral raises 2 x 8
Shrugs 1 x 10

Thursday Ė off (early morning swimming optional)

Friday - chest & triceps

Bench press 1 x 4-6, 1 x 8
Incline dumbell press 1 x 4-6
Incline flyes 1 x 8
Dips 2 x 10
French press 2 x 8
tricep cable pushdowns 2 x 8

Diet

Meal 1 Ė 07:00am

3 whole eggs: 15/0/15
2 slice of wheat: 6/32/2

OR

60 grams of oats: 6/37/5
3 eggs 15/0/15

** 1000 mcg Vitamin C
5 g creatine (non workout days)

Meal 2 Ė 10:30am

Metrx meal replacement
30 grams of raw peanuts
apple

Meal 3 - 2:00 pm

200 gís of lean turkey/chicken: 46/0/6
45 gís of brown rice: 3/33/2
Teaspoon of flax 0/0/5

Small amount of veggies

SNACK Ė 4 pm

Something light in calís, not sure yet. Suggestions welcomed ;) Its minaly to break up the 4.5 hour period between meals 3 and 4)

Meal 4 Ė 6:30 pm

1 x 250g baked potato 4/35/1
Can of tuna: 33/0/0
1 tablespoon of mayo: 0/0/12

Meal 5 (post workout) Ė 9.00 pm

2 servings of eas simply Whey: 44/12/4
50 grams of dextrose: 0/45/0

** 1000 mcg Vitamin C
5 g creatine (workout days)

Meal 6 (just before bed)

salad
Can of tuna: 33/0/0
1 tablespoon of mayo: 0/0/12

This works out as about 2336 calories

Protein - 229g = 916 calories (39%)
Carbs - 184g = 736 calories (31%)
Fat - 76g = 684 calories (30%)

Ok thatís all from me for now. Iíll update later tonight or tomorrow. Heres to a new life!

Relentless
02-21-2003, 09:45 AM
let me be the first to spam your journal and wish you success on your journey

:spam:

also, how are you planning to cut and gain mass at the same time? isn't that hard to do, especially as an experienced lifter?

Joe Black
02-21-2003, 09:50 AM
Well, having had a lay off I reckon it will be easier.

I would say the main goal for me at the moment is to bring my bodyfat down, but I am pretty sure I can gain some muscle along with it. If I hit 13% ish before holiday I will re-think things and start upping calories very very slowly maybe.

Weíll see..

Basically I want to never go higher than 15% once I get down to that level. I see no point in bulking anymore.

Frozenmoses
02-21-2003, 09:55 AM
Coolness. Good luck to ya, cap'n.

ericg
02-21-2003, 10:50 AM
good luck danny boy

PowerManDL
02-21-2003, 11:07 AM
Who wants to start the pool on how long this one will last?

;)

ElPietro
02-21-2003, 11:19 AM
*snicker*

I don't think he will last a month.

Silverback
02-21-2003, 11:23 AM
hey, good job on starting the journal.

Everything is looking tight, your goals stated also appear quite acheiveable.

What kind of shoulder injury did you sustain? what was the pain like, im currently suffering at the moment.

keep things sweet dan.

WillKuenzel
02-21-2003, 12:15 PM
Heres to a new life!

That's the best attitude to have towards it. Living like that you'll reach your goals and more by then. Good luck man!

Workhorse
02-21-2003, 12:34 PM
Just thought I'd chime in here and say good luck Dan. Routine and diet look good, but I do have a question. I think you mean you're taking 1000mg of vitamin C and not 1000mcg. Just a thought. Good Luck!! :thumbup:

Maki Riddington
02-21-2003, 01:50 PM
Look it's a journal....... hahahaha......

I give it 2 months tops.

Praetorian
02-21-2003, 01:54 PM
hey man!! good luck with your journal and i hope it lasts longer than mine have....

:)

Buff
02-21-2003, 02:27 PM
Hey Brother Hulk, all of your Hulkamaniacs are routing for you brother!

bradley
02-22-2003, 05:17 AM
Hulk good luck in reaching your goals.

Couldn't resist :spam:

Franco
02-22-2003, 05:34 AM
Are you still training with Luke?

Joe Black
02-22-2003, 10:51 AM
I'll prove the haters wrong ;)

Diet has gone spot on today, but will go horribly wrong later on when I go out drinking with the lads :eek: Its a mates birthday so we are going out for a few in Cambridge.

I went for a run today with a friend and really suprised myself with the distance I did. It was twice I had ever done. Going to run with him 2-3 times a week from now on. Should help with the goal; to be lean.

I didn't train last night, I will start Back on Monday and will probably go for a swim tommorow and get all my food in for next week.

Fran: Nope, Luke broke his hand about 3 weeks ago, so won't be able to train for about another 3... When he doee get back to it, yeah we will train together again.

You up for a session soon?

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-22-2003, 06:44 PM
You are a twat,

That is all.

Maki Riddington
02-22-2003, 07:12 PM
You drink too much.

GIS
02-22-2003, 07:31 PM
Haha... such wonderful support here on WBB. :)

Good luck with the journal Dan.

I hear you about the girl problems. I suffered greatly this past summer from somebody I trusted more than anybody else in my life aside from my family and she stabbed me in the back. I went from 170 down to 160 in a matter of 5 days and fell into a depression.

When I stumbled upon your site I basically decided it was time to train seriously and now I'm at 200! Wahoo.

Anyway, good luck with the newly-found ambition!

Maki Riddington
02-22-2003, 07:51 PM
That's what I'm talking about GIS!!!

Paul Stagg
02-22-2003, 08:14 PM
It's about time.

You'll stick with it... or I'll taunt you another time.

SWOLE
02-22-2003, 08:14 PM
Do you have any goals as far as lifts are concerned or are you just wanting to gain mass and not get your BF% too high?
good luck, I hope you prove those haters wrong!!
Plus, I love the fact that your calorie goal is 2336, haahhaa!!
just cause it is a random number, in a sense.

Franco
02-23-2003, 02:31 AM
Yeah sure, I'll come on over to the atrium soon

Franjipani
02-23-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Hulk
I am feeling a lot more positive about all areas of my life and ready to make some MASSIVE changes this year in all areas..

Cheers to that cloughie :thumbup:

Your goals are clear and concise....I like;).

Looking forward to seeing some MASSIVE ACTION in here !!!!

Shane
02-23-2003, 03:37 AM
:spam: Good luck with your journal Hulk!

Joe Black
02-25-2003, 05:49 AM
Damn, I forgot how busy the journal forums were. I was already one page 3!!

Anyway things are going well.

Sunday was a day of rest and recovering from going out on Saturday night. Yes, I drank too much, yes I had a good time. It was one of my mates 24th birthdays we all hit the town about 15 of us and then went to a club after the pubs.

Anyway yesterday went awesome. I ate 100% spot on and drank about 3 litres of water and hit the gym for some back and biceps. I watched some of the Ronnie Coleman video before I hit the gym and it cracks me up so much.

LIGHT WEIGHT BABY!!!! (I did not say this at my gym lol)

The weights were not heavy and I my shoulder did twinge here and there but surprisingly it felt better as I continued the workout and better today so the movement is helping me I think. Barbell rows caused me the most grief, I couldn°¶t really do them but everything else was ok. I kept everything light though and will step up a gear next week.

I am feeling so focused right now, I just want to grow and get strong, nothing else will interfere. I have always let personal problems distract me, not any longer. Whatever happens I will always be at the top of my game in respect to lifting..

I am still going to go out an evening a week and have a drink with my mates, but will cut down the consumption on that night.

This morning I had a bowl of oats and a protein shake before I came to work and I am sipping on a metrx now Éļ I am doing cardio tonight also, probably 30 minutes on the treadmill followed by 20 on the bike.

Thanks for everyones comments!

until tomorrow :)

Franco
02-25-2003, 11:15 AM
You free next friday to train?

Maki Riddington
02-25-2003, 04:29 PM
I still say two months tops before this sucka starts collecting dust and cobwebs.

SWOLE
02-25-2003, 04:58 PM
did you watch the ronnie coleman video for comic relief or motivation???
I like to watch pumping iron or the body of work videos to get me motivated somtimes.
good job on the 100% on target for the diet, i wish i could do that...

Joe Black
02-26-2003, 01:56 AM
Training

Yesterday was a cardio day. I went running with 2 friends and again broke my record for distance. We ran from my friends house to a nearby business park and then did a lap of it and ran back to my mates house. Probably a couple of miles in all. I am going to try and do this 3 times a week. I felt great afterwards although damn out of breath ;)

Diet

Diet was clean, but I did not eat all my meals, only 4 Éľ It was my mates actual birthday yesterday so straight after the run we went round his and gave him a card etc and wished him happy birthday. We were there for about an hour or so, so I did not get meal 4 in till about 8:45!!! Then I popped round my mates and they were just sitting down to watch gangs of new york, so I watched it with them and the bloody thing went on for nearly 3 hours lol..

So only 4 meals.. I°¶ll get all 6 in today though.

Sleep

Didn°¶t get to bed till 1:30 due to the long film and watching some of the brits and had to be up at 6, so I only got 4:30 hours of sleep. Not so good.

General Comments

Feeling more and more confident about sticking to things this time. I KNOW I need to stay consistent or I am not going to look lean for holiday and I HAVE to.

Have deadlifts and shoulders tonight!! My favorite workout!

Fran: Yup, what time you wanna go?

Swole: lol, Although I respect the fact he puts in the dedication and has a massive physique the guy is a total retard, full stop.

Light weight baby!!!!!!!!!

Saint Patrick
02-26-2003, 02:03 AM
Let's see some pics, stick boy!!!

Joe Black
02-26-2003, 05:43 AM
lol at stick boy..... more like fat boy..

I been thinking of a way to change my diet as theres such a massive gap from my lunch to evening and I changed it around so its much more regular.

I am following this (ish today) and will follow it to the T from tommorow.

Meal 1 Ė 07:00am

3 eggs scrambled
2 slices of toast

OR

60 gís oats
2 servings of whey
2 teaspoons of flax

** 1000 mcg Vitamin C
5 g creatine (non workout days)

Meal 2 Ė 10:00am

Metrx meal replacement
30 grams of raw peanuts

Meal 3 - 12:30 pm

tuna salad with mayo

Meal 4 Ė 3:30 pm

200 gís of lean turkey/chicken
45 gís of brown rice:
1 teaspoon of flax

(choice of vegetables)

Meal 5 - 6:30pm

Baked potato
Can of tuna
1 table spoon of mayo

Meal 6 Ė 9.00 pm

If post workout:

2 servings of whey
50 grams of dextrose

If non workout day

2 servings of whey
50 grams of other carbs

** 1000 mcg Vitamin C
5 g creatine (workout days)

ElPietro
02-26-2003, 02:05 PM

Light weight baby!!!!!!!!!

The difference between you and Ronnie saying this, is with Ronnie it's sarcastic, with you it's appropriate! :p

Good job, two whole training posts already, I think you've surpassed me already. Keep it up Clough, you can't be some out of shape puffter and also owner of a bodybuilding site at the same time! ;)

Hopefully we'll see some poundages soon once you are in a better groove.

Franco
02-26-2003, 02:21 PM
Yep, i'll make sure he trains as i'm in Cambridge far more these days:D

PowerManDL
02-26-2003, 02:23 PM
Keep him in line, Frankie.

Ninja-style, if you know what I mean.

Joe Black
02-27-2003, 02:42 AM
Short update today as I am very busy at work.

Yesterday went fine. Diet 90%ish and gym was ok. Still light on the deads and shoulders and I am not even going to quote my lifts yet, but soon I will..

Today I decided to take as a cheat day. I got up really late and then I am going out for lunch with work as they are taking us all out to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of our subscription service. We now have nearly 32,500 paying members!

Iíll ensure I diet fri, sat AND Sunday to make up for it.

Think I will have steak this lunchtime :)

Joe Black
02-28-2003, 02:09 AM
Yesterday went fine diet wise apart from I went out for a meal at lunch time with my work. Had soup, steak and then some fruit cake for desert lol...

Went for a run too, and again went a lot further. Aiming for a 3 mile run next time we go.

I'm training tonight, and diet should go fine today. I have already demolished a bowl of oats and a protein shake!

From next week I will start being a bit more detailed, including numbers etc. and some strength goals etc...

heathj
02-28-2003, 02:13 AM
keep it up son.

Miss Rezza
02-28-2003, 02:18 AM
Went for a run too, and again went a lot further. Aiming for a 3 mile run next time we go.

Schhhhhhweeeeeeet!! Lookie here... we got ourselves another cardio bunny!!! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/sport/sport-smiley-006.gif Woot Woot!!

Joe Black
03-04-2003, 03:12 AM
Aight.. Éļ

Gotta keep it sweet, cause I am at work..

I trained legs on Saturday.. Just light as it was again the first time in 4 weeks or so.. Felt good though, I will be ready to hit them a lot harder next Saturday.

Saturday evening I went to London so diet was good till about 6pm and then I went out with a mate in London and I had a few drinks. I know I should not really have done so, but hey I only get to go down there rarely so I had to really Éļ

I got back about 3 pm on Sunday so diet went pear shaped totally. Just ate what I felt like.

Yesterday was an excellent diet day, and was spot on. I skipped training as I was too tired from Saturday night, but I will train back and bi°¶s today instead°K probably go for a run later this evening too.

So although a slightly weak weekend, things are going well. I will include some numbers this week into my training days although they are going to be really low, so don°¶t laugh!

YoBrickWall
03-04-2003, 06:34 AM
i was checking yo meal plan about the 4-5hr spanned u have. im assuming that peroid is during the workout time. if so ive been taking a protein bar and eating it half way thru my workout. it ties me over till my next meal.

also how far are u from huyton. i believe its close to liverpool. im suppose to go there fo a famly reunion this summer

YoBrickWall
03-04-2003, 06:41 AM
oops, miss read it, u meant between meal snack. still take aprotein bar

Joe Black
03-06-2003, 02:31 AM
Hey, another update! (*laughs at Maki and LP)

Weds wasnít the greatest day. I was really busy at work and kind workied through my lunch which meant I didnít get chance to get home and eat one of my meals and I just let the day spiral from there.. I know I shouldnít have but I did..

I did a deadlift and shoulder workout which felt average mainly because I was pissed about screwing up my diet for the day, and also I did not really have a lot of energy.

Ages ago I would just spiral off for a week, but this time I woke up this morning with more vengeance!! If I am to really turn things around in 16 weeks I NEED for things to be 100% spot on 6 days out of 7. So I woke up early, had my meal 1 and made my shake and am sitting at work now.

I am going to run 3 miles this evening and hit the sack about 10 at the latest as I seem to be constantly tired lately. Then I am training with fran tomorrow.

Iíll let peeps know how it went and I WILL start posting my weight and lifts soon! ;)

Joe Black
03-06-2003, 02:32 AM
oh brickwall, read about half way up, I actually changed my diet around so the meal times are a bit more regular :)

Joe Black
03-07-2003, 02:33 AM
AightÖ.

Yesterday was an AWESOME diet day. 100% achieved and I felt so good, it was easy. My new meal times etc are making it a lot easier. I see no reason why I cannot do that 6 days out of the week.

I also ran about 2 and a half miles, was aiming for over 3, but Iíll get that next time.

I am SO wanting to pull myself around from my stupid state I let myself get into over the Christmas period and am impatient about it to, but I know I have to wait, be consistent and get on with it, so thatís what Iíll do. I am training with Fran tonight and then staying in (YES MR CLOUGH IS STAYING IN ON A FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!)

I am out Saturday night. I am going to watch a cage fight in Milton Keynes so that should be a good laugh! Iíll try and keep the drinking to a minimum and make sure I diet again on Sunday!

Joe Black
03-11-2003, 03:57 AM
UpdateÖ

Trained with Fran on Friday, and although my shoulder was still a bit twingey it went well. Weightsa used were well below what I have lifted before but thatís expected I guess.

I got the NHE book from Fran also which I am going to read so that in 10 weeks or so I will be educated on it enough to give it a go should I want to.

I planned to train legs on Sat afternoon and then got called to say we had to leave at 3pm for the cage fight, so I missed legs ;( The cage fight was good though, some good fights..

I ate really well on Friday and also on Saturday up until I went out. I also hit the diet again on Sunday morning, but had a Sunday evening meal with my family.

Diet again was good on Monday and is on course for today. I did not train back/biís yesterday but am doing so today insteadÖ I am going for a 3 mile run today also.

Tommorow I will update with my numbers from back and biís and also some more concrete goals on what I want to achieve for mid July.The main thing is diet is feeling easy now and I KNOW I can do it and KNOW I must do it.

Well thatís it, not much said but I will see you again tomorrow.

WillKuenzel
03-11-2003, 07:29 AM
Sounds like its all coming together for ya. The diet is the toughest part but if you've got that down then you are already one step ahead.

I still don't see how you people run for that long. Is running actually that much fun?

Joe Black
03-14-2003, 03:45 AM
Homeyield, I used to hate it but now I am running further and further its getting good. I think the fact I run with mates and its like a competition also drives you harder and makes it less boring.

Aight,

I have not updated for a few days so I will make this a long update.

Diet has been good apart from on Weds when I went out to celebrate a mates birthday. I didnít drink beer and I really did not have that much to drink overall anyway so this was about the only thing diet wise that has been off. Apart from that we are on track. I must say I feel a lot more energized by eating correctly, as opposed to sluggish and tired before.

On Tuesday I trained back and biceps (because I missed the Monday one so I moved it to tues)

It went like this:

Chins

** Pathetic I know, but my shoulder was still hurting on these

Barbell Rows

60k x 12 reps
65 k x 8 reps

** Next week I aim to train with a weight where I am failing at about 8 reps.

front pullover machine

40k x 14
45k x 6

** Again next week I will hit probably 45 k for the first set, maybe 50kÖ

Seated row

Level 8 x 6
Lever 7 x 12

Olympic Barbell Curls

30 k x 6 reps (6th one forced)
20k (bar alone) x 9

Dumbbell Hammer Curls

10kís x 10

Standing alternating dumbbell Curls

10kís x 14

Thatís it for back. Low numbers yes, but I expect them to grow a lot in the next few weeks seeing as I feel like a damn beginner now with the time I have had off.

On Weds I hit my deads and shoulder workout.

Deads

120k x 8
120k x 6

** These felt quite comfortable, I think I will hit 130k next week.

Seated dumbbell press

25kís x 8
25kís x 7

Lateral Raises

10kís x 8
12.5 kís x 5

So thatís it ;) I am training tonight with fran so I will update my journal on Saturday morning with how we got on!

bradley
03-14-2003, 01:57 PM
Seems like you are getting back in the groove. I am sure your progress will continue to move along nicely:) What no cage matches this weekend;)

Joe Black
03-17-2003, 08:30 AM
Hey guys,

Well some bad news. I really badly sprained my ankle on Sunday running, so I am literally finding it hard to even walk which sucks. The Doctor said it was just a very bad sprain and to keep it iced, elevated and take aspirin. So thatís what I am doing.

I am taking tonight off from the gym, going to miss out deads on weds and just do shoulders and biceps. I should be fine to do chest and triís on Friday, but will definitely not be able to do legs on Sat. Weíll have to see how it is for next week for deads, but I suspect it will still be a bit frail. Should definitely be ok for the week after.

Main thing is to not let it effect my training too much and to keep dieting really cleanly.

I trained with my brother and fran on Friday and had a good workout. Shoulder seemed fine. I got the numbers at home so I will probably update them tomorrow.

Another big thing is I decided to give up drinking until I go on holiday. I am really serious about this.. If I am to have the money to spend on holiday that I want to, and also to be lean this HAS to happen.

I am going to weigh myself tomorrow also, and do this every Tuesday morning. So Iíll update tomorrow ;)

PowerManDL
03-17-2003, 08:36 AM
What the hell?

You've kept up with this for over two weeks.

I'm worried.

Joe Black
03-20-2003, 02:52 AM
Well, yesterday went well. Eating was about 90% (I had a sly packet of crisps) which I am a bit annoyed about now, so today will be PERFECT as will all weekend as I am now not drinking ;)

I trained shoulders yesterday. It was only like a 20 min workout as I could not deadlift due to my sprained ankle. My shoulder lifts were WAY up from last week.

Seated dumbbell press

27.5kís x 8
27.5kís x 6

Pretty much the same reps but a step up on the weight of the dumbbells.

Lateral Raises

10kís x 15 (compared to 8 last week)
12.5 kís x 10 (compared to 5 last week)

Now I know my strength on lateral raises I will aim for a heavy set and then a reduced weight set for the second set. I will shoot for the 15ís next week for about 8 reps and then use the 12.5ís as the lighter set!

All is going well today, and I am about to down my metrx in a minute. I am also training with Fran on Friday which should be good.

Franjipani
03-20-2003, 05:12 AM
Heya hulky....just dropped in to check up on ya... congrats on the DRINK FREE ZONE for the weekend....I'm cheerin for ya.... :thumbup:.

I'm keeping ya accountable on that other stuff too ;)

IceRgrrl
03-20-2003, 05:30 AM
:eek: It's true, he DOES work out! ;)

Keep up the good work!

Franco
03-20-2003, 05:35 AM
I am also training with Fran on Friday which should be good.

Agrees...

PowerManDL
03-22-2003, 09:39 AM

Franco
03-24-2003, 01:56 PM
And back to the top we go...

Hows things this week mate?

Joe Black
03-25-2003, 03:24 AM
Ok, A total step up in gear in terms of dedication, with the objective of making the most progress in the next 16 weeks.

Some things that WILL happen over the next 16 weeks

NO alcohol

I did not drink this weekend at all, despite my mates getting drunk! Thatís 10 days so far of no drinking! I am determined to do this as I know if I do not knock it on the head I will not get optimal gains in these weeks and I have to make the absolute best progress I can.

No Cheat days

Again its all about making the best possible results over the next 16 weeks. I will eat an evening Sunday roast with my family, but thatís it. Apart from that total clean food ALL the time.

This is gonna be tough, but **** it, it needs to happen.

Monday 25th March

dietYesterday was a good day. I ate 100% according to my diet. I did not train as I had to get physio on my shoulder (which seems to be much better now) and had to go see my Gran for her birthday.. I am training back & biís tonight instead.

Other comments

I need to get my ass up a lot earlier in the mornings and start doing morning cardio. Every little bit will help in my quest to be lean, and I find when I DO actually get up I feel a lot better for it. Its just fighting the dam tiredness in the mornings and the temptation to just go back to sleep lol Iíll get up early tomorrow hopefully!

Iíll report back with my back and bi workout numbers tomorrow.

Joe Black
03-27-2003, 02:25 AM
Tuesday 25th march

Training

I trained back and biceps. My brother could not make it but I still had a good session anyway. Up on every lift, and it felt great.

Diet

100% ;)

Wednesday 26th march

Training

Again, I could not train deadlifts, but I think I will be ok for a medium dead session next week. Therefore it was a short workout as it was just shoulders. The workout was great though. I stepped up a weight on the dumbbells for the 3rd week on the trot and pressed the 30k dumbbells for 6 excellent reps. I then dropped down to the 25ís for the 2nd set for 10 reps.

I also increased my lateral raises by 7 reps (from 8-15) on the 12.5 k dumbbells. Next week I will be able to hit the 15k ones.

Diet

100% ;)

today

DisastrousÖ I aimed to wake up early hit the gym for some cardio and prepare my food. What happened? I got up at 8:50!!!! So I therefore missed my cardio and I have screwed my diet up for the day now. I am really mad, but I guess all I should think about is trying not to let it happen again.

I NEED to get to bed before 11pm if I am to wake up as planned for 6:30ish. I think I will also always make sure as much is already done the night before in terms of food preparation.

So, not in a good mood today, but Iíll get over it.

YatesNightBlade
03-27-2003, 03:13 AM
Stick at it cloughface.

David
03-27-2003, 07:12 AM
Hulky! Man, that sucks about your ankle, I do hope it gets better soon. I hurt my wrist and so I know what that feels like!

Although I can at least walk!:p

It's good to see that you're cutting down on your alcohol use.
:)

Joe Black
03-30-2003, 03:46 AM
aight, so another update. Been a while :)

After my disastrous Thursday, I made sure I was up bright and early on Friday and got organised.

Diet was 100%.

I trained with fran in the evening. Here are my lifts..

Chest/Tri's

Flat bench: (yes, its my worst lift)

70k x 8
62.5 k x 9

Incline dumbell press

30k dumbells x 7
27.5 k dumbells x 8

Incline flyes

20k dumbells x 7

French press

10k a side x 7
7.5 k a side x 13

Tricep pushdowns

level 8 x 15
level 8 x 8

-----------------------------------------

This workout felt great, and was a little up from my previous. I have some goals in my head to reach shortly. I will post them on Monday..

As far as Saturday goes, everything went perfect although it nearly didn't. I chatted wth Rob and Fran for about 10 mins trying to get them to tell me it was ok if I went our drinking if I did 2 hours of cardio today and 2 tommorow lol..

They talked me round and I still went out but had a diet coke, a water, then left. I took my protein shake with me and left it int he car. So Cloughie was a good boy.

Today is SUnday so I will be not following the diet as planned, but keeping things clean and going to work :(

I'll think about some goals and things at work and repost already for Monday. my cardio is starting up again on Monday as my ankle is a little better.

Joe Black
03-31-2003, 07:16 AM
Damn I feel so fat today.. Just feel bloated..

I am so hoping I start to see results of my determination within the next 3-4 weeks. I mean I have completely given up drinking from drinking heavily one or two nights a week, I am now eating really clean (have been for about a week and a half) and just started my cardio today (every day in the morning for 40 mins). My weight training is also back on course and the lifts have gone up well over the last 3 weeks.

My second weigh in is on Weds. I weighed 196 lbís last weds. (14 stone dead one)

I hope I have lost a pound or two!

I am training back and biceps tonight. I think I am going to go early and then play some pool with the lads and drink some water lol..

ElPietro
03-31-2003, 07:20 AM
Good job sticking to it Clough. 196!! LOL when the f*ck did you get big? :D Or is it all 'resting muscle' from your desk job?

Joe Black
03-31-2003, 07:40 AM
Lol,

Not far off. I bloody hate working at a job where I have to sit on my ass. I would much prefer to be moving about.

I reckon I am about 20% maybe a touch more.

Thereís no way I am going back to how I was. Not now, not ever. From now on I will always move forward!

WillKuenzel
03-31-2003, 07:52 AM
Thereís no way I am going back to how I was. Not now, not ever. From now on I will always move forward! Nice job keeping everything clean and I'm impressed with your rededication of it all. When you fall out its tough to get back in. Keep it going.

Franco
03-31-2003, 08:58 AM
Sod 40 mins of cardio Dan, try HIIT...

Maki Riddington
03-31-2003, 09:16 AM
I think you need to join our "cutting contest."

So far it is me and Blood. I'm serious.

David
03-31-2003, 09:30 AM
Maki - how long have you been a "Cutting Banana" for? ;)
lol

bradley
03-31-2003, 04:41 PM
Stick with it Dan. Sounds like you are seeing positive results already:thumbup:

heathj
03-31-2003, 04:55 PM
Hulk is a slut...How's it going mofo? Haven't seen you around in ages.

Joe Black
04-06-2003, 09:42 AM
Damn, I donít update in a week and have to resort for searching for my journal lol

Was Crazy busy last week. Between going away for a couple of days on a course, paintballing, trying to sort out my car, just been a bit scarce for time.

Iíll start updating daily again from tomoorow.

To round up last week. Diet was okish. Went a bit off whilst away on the course. Has been perfect Saturday and on course for perfection today (Sunday)

Training is going great and getting stronger on every exercise, every week. My Friday sessions with Fran have been going well. Its great to have a training partner..

Going to really get into full mode with the cardio next week. My ankle is much better and am also going to be taking a fat burner (ast dymetremine) tab before 3 of my meals and before training. I will also weigh myself this weds. Next week is going to be perfect dieting all week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Black
04-06-2003, 12:37 PM
my thoughts whilst working on a Sunday!! :eek:

I need to move more.

No more taking the car to work. I will ensure all my food is made before work so I do not need to go home for lunch. I'll then walk to work and back which is 15 mins each way.

I need to buy a bike so I can cycle to the gym and other close places.

I need to also make sure I do not screw up any more diet days. The screw ups are far less than they used to be (they used to be more than the good days), but I still need to improve a lot.

I just bought some ala and will throw some green tea into the mix also I think from tommorow.

I got 14 weeks lef to my hol so I need to make EVERY day count.

Joe Black
04-07-2003, 03:27 PM
had a good chat with Maki and Fran about my plans for cutting.

Fran suggested I throw some ALA into my diet, so I ordered some and it will be here tommorow. I will be taking 200mg x 5 a day, equalling a gram a day.

I also am now taking 3 x ast Dymetadrine Xtreme a day. One before meal 1 and 4 and also one pre workout..

I am going to do cardio on a tuesday and thursday as planned a while ago this week. My ankle is feeling up to going for a run...

I am also going to do cardio on a Monday in the morning.

In terms of a dieting plan, I have been doing some foreward planning..

I think I am going to stick to the 40/30/30 for 8 weeks, lowering calories as I see fit. Then the last 6 weeks go onto the nhe/some sort of carb rotation diet and throw in clen and possibly T3 into the mix depending on how I feel. The clen is certain, the T3 a maybe depending on my progress.

so today went like

Monday

Diet

100% perfect, about 5 litres of water.

Training

Trained with my bro, back and biceps. It went ok... chins were about the same, and with barbell rows i got a twinge on my lower back which kinda screwed things for me. I think I may have slipped on my form, due to adding an extra 5k from last week. I think I should have stuck to 2.5.. Should be ok for next week to do the 5k+ again.

Front pulldowns, I was up 5k, and up 3 reps on seated row. Up 2.5k on barbell curls and about the same on hammer/standing curls.

So not massive progress, but I felt good...

Other thoughts

I need to go to bed now, so I can do the updates tommorow morning.

Tomorrow WILL be another 100% day. Every day will........

PowerManDL
04-07-2003, 03:40 PM
Don't mess with T3 unless you've got some test in there with it.

Just stick with the ECA.

Maki Riddington
04-07-2003, 08:52 PM
I think it's a matter of opinion when it comes to dabbling with T3.

Joe Black
04-08-2003, 02:00 AM
well I have some time to make that decision. :)

Got up bright and early this morning and my ALA came at 830 am so I can add that in today.

I took my vit c, proscar, dym, ala and creatine, had 2 slices of toast, a glass of water and 3 boiled eggs. made my metrx, threw my pre-cooked turkey, rice and vegetables in a plastic tub and off to work I went. Oh with a 1.5 litre bottle of water too :)

phew!

bradley
04-08-2003, 06:55 AM
made my metrx, threw my pre-cooked turkey, rice and vegetables in a plastic tub and off to work I went. Oh with a 1.5 litre bottle of water too

Walking of course;)

Joe Black
04-08-2003, 06:57 AM
Of course ;)

I need to get a bike though. Walking sucksÖ..

Pup
04-08-2003, 10:16 AM
suck it up you pansy...english bikes aren't backwards like yer cars are they...it't be kinda hard to steer if the handles were behind you instead of in front ;)

Joe Black
04-08-2003, 03:27 PM
GREAT day today.

It was a hectic day at work but Mr clough managed to get everything in gear ALL day.

Diet = 100% last meal is a bit late (I am about to have a whey shake, a small amount of carbs and some creatine at 22:20)
Supps = 100%
Water = about 3 litres

I went for a run too. I really found it hard both running by myself (usually do it with 2 mates and its more motivation) and also the fact I have not ran in 3 weeks.

However I did run about a mile... some intermittent walks in between also. Main thing is I moved and got out there :)

Felling really good about things...

I also secured another sponsor for wbb today so we have 2 now both will be running from Weds/Thursday. 2 good supplement companies.

Also this means we may be able to run the t-shirt thing quite quickly, so thats cool! Wannabebig t-shirts are on the way! maybe a sweater too!

The updates are going to be live on Thursday to co-aling with the new sponsor. A bit late this month but they are coming :) Its all my fauly and not Maki;s!!!!

Maki Riddington
04-08-2003, 07:43 PM
Need more sponsers, more money.:)

Well I hope you keep up with this Dan, so far so good buddy.

Joe Black
04-09-2003, 03:08 AM
Thereís no doubt about it Maki ;) I was up at 7am cooking Turkey, veggies and brown rice!!! I wanted to do this so I do not have to keep going home at lunch to cook my meals. I figure I have an hour of lunch and I have so much stuff on at the moment it seems silly to waste it cooking, when I could be doing something a bit more productive.

So I took my sports nutrition course reading with me to work and am going to make a start on the course at Lunch. I will start going through the reading material for the first section. Then by the weekend I can perhaps start on doing some of the written work for it!

I spent most of the latter past of last week, going back over some Tony Robbins CDís (specifically Time of You Life box set) and am a bit clearer on a lot of things I want in life now. The TOYL box set basically has you identify the areas of your life under 2 main areas. Personal and Professional. Then in each of those you develop categories of improvements which are basically just areas that are important to you that you make clear your vision, goals etcÖ That way at the beginning of each week you can make sure you are planning to move closer to each one. Itís more about organization if you ask me. If I donít keep organized I tend to be lame and not do anything. Also Tony outlines a cool way to actually make weekly plans so that you are excited to do the things you need to move towards your goals. Just making a vision of how I want to be physically, specifically setting strength and body fat goals has me really excited on achieving and doesnít make it seem like such a chore anymore. I am hoping this will be the case for my other areas also. I have a ton of stuff to do for wbb this week also. :)

So things are going well!

Canít wait till deads and shoulders tonight!!!

Pup
04-09-2003, 08:31 AM
deadlifts roolz joo!

Joe Black
04-09-2003, 03:29 PM
Wohoooo

My diet and supps have now been perfect for 3 days. I SO know I am not gonna go back to being tempted by crap food now.

I had an AWESOME workout just now.

Deads: 130k x 6 (up 10k from last week)
Seated dumbell press: 32.5 k's x 6 (up 2.5k from last week)
lateral Raises: 15 k x 8 (up 2 reps)
Shrugs machine: 60k x 10 (up 10k)

So overall wicked progression.

I ca't wait till I can boast 10 days perfect dieting!!

Joe Black
04-10-2003, 04:06 PM
man, this updating and doing well seems to be a bit of a habit ;)

Today my diet, although not as planned still went well. I had the dentist and then a long clock of interviews to do at work. I ended up skipping the tuna salad at 12 and also the jacket and tuna at 6pm as I had no bloodt tuna left. However I had 2 pieces of toast instead of the jacket and then had some soup and bread later. So, not a disaster.

I ran 5km on the running machine and really sweated alot for some reason. Maybe it was the fat burner playing a part? Felt good anyway.

Overally today, I felt really good. Really hyper as i got a great nights sleep.

Training with fran tommorow, so should be cool.

Joe Black
04-11-2003, 02:51 PM
Well, its 9:30 pm here and I got home from training with Fran about 30 mins ago.

Training

Was a really good session. (Chest and tri's)

Lifts were as follows: (in brackets is the forced reps on top)

Bench Press

77.5kg x 5 (1) (up 2.5kg for same reps from last week)
65kg x 8

Incline dumbell Press:

32.5kg dumbells x 5 reps (up 1 rep)
27.5kg x 8 (up 2.5k and down 1 rep)

Flyes

20kg dumbells x 9 (up 4 reps)

Dips

13 and 10 with my own bodyweight. (up about 3 reps on each set, I am going to add some weight next week)

French press and tricep push downs were no improvement :( However as I improved on the other lifts I am cool with that.

Diet

100%, about 3 litres of water

Other Comments

Feeling good today. Felt too fat this morning. I always look so crappy in the mornings. However I have been feeling a bit more filled out since dieting for 5 days, not sure why. A guy in the gym even commented that I had put on weight. Not sure if thats good seeing as I am cutting lol... I did look quite pumped from training though so I took it as a compliment ;)

Legs tommorow, plus I am going bowling with a few mates so that should be cool. 4 weeks of no drinking now, so I am well impressed with that.

Roll on next week! I'll be dieting all the way through the weekend. No cheat days for me for the next 14 weeks.

Silverback
04-11-2003, 03:02 PM
nice work on the 4 weeks no drinking :thumbup: you can do it!

Btw nice workout, tidy benching what was the form like?, Damn ur lucky to have a dipping station at ur gym, my new gym doesnt have one :( it used to be my favourite exercise.

My birthday is on the 25th so im thinking of buying one for that :)

Any more news on the t-shirts? and the updates :)

stay on track Hulk.

"If the mind can believe it, the body can achieve it" (LL Cool J)

B-R

Franco
04-11-2003, 03:32 PM
His form is excellent Ron, I make sure it's near god damn perfect...

Silverback
04-11-2003, 04:08 PM
thats good to hear :)

do you train every session together?

Joe Black
04-11-2003, 07:18 PM
nope, only on a friday. Should change when Fran moves down here.

Its 2am right now and I just got back from the club!!!! I had one red bull, and 2 bootles of water!! lol

PowerManDL
04-11-2003, 08:09 PM
I love bootles of water.

Joe Black
04-12-2003, 02:27 AM
I prefer jd's and sambuka's.

Tank23
04-12-2003, 11:58 AM
Things in here are looking good Cloughie. Good luck with the cutting mate.

Btw...it's great to see someone else using kg instead of pounds in their journal. :)

-Tank

bradley
04-12-2003, 05:04 PM
Nice work Dan. Weights seem to be progressing nicely.

Joe Black
04-14-2003, 05:30 AM
The weekend.

Not all that good I am afraid. Dieting on Saturday was average and on Sunday pretty awfull. I have to make more of an effort to stay on track and pre plan on the weekend. Itís just not good enough for me to let it fizzle out. This weekend will be a major test too as its Easter weekend meaning I have Friday and Mon off work. Well I have to go in Sunday on Overtime, but thatís cool, I didnít have anything planned anyway.

My short term diet goal is to make it through everything this week and the whole weekend as perfect. I need a long perfect record. Letting things go off track on the weekend just is not good enough.

I had a fun weekend anyway. Went to a club on Friday and managed not to drink ;) Went bowling with mates on Saturday and went out for a meal with my mum and dad and my mumís best friend and her daughter on sat evening. A funny story actually resulted from Saturday night in which I displayed some tolerance of my temper towards someone that was clearing testing it.

I went outside to make a call to a mate as there was no signal inside the restaurant where a guy approached me and completely invaded my personal space by getting real close to me and not saying ANYTHING!!! He was quite clearly a little drunk and had a ten pound note in his hand, so I think he was looking for a place to drink more. Anyway, I moved back a space the first time he did it, then the 2nd I also moved back and said ďlook mate I am trying to make a call, leave me beĒ

Anyway he clearly was not going to leave me be, and I was basically in my head mentally lining up the punch and thinking about what to do after hitting him, and then though, **** I cannot hit this guy with my mum and dad and her friends inside the restaurant. I would have to leave for one, not to get arrested and plus it would embarrass my parents, so I just walked back into the restaurant and told him to get lost.

The little bastard followed me into the restaurant and walked up to me again!! He still was not actually saying anything!!!!!! So I proper pushed him back and forcefully said ďlook mate not being funny but you are taking the piss. I donít want to hit you, but you come near me again and you are going to get hitĒ

By now, a few people were looking around whilst eating their dinner lol.. With that he kind of muttered something about the fact I was going to hit him and started wandering around the restaurant like a lost cause. He was swiftly ejected by one of the waiters.

What a twat. However I was quite pleased at my control of my temper. If I was under the influence or not with my parents it would have probably ended differently. I am glad it didnít.

After that me and Nikki (daughter) went to town and met up with some of my mates for a drink and left before everyone hit the club. Cool night overall I guess lol.

Ok, its time for my tuna salad and I am rambling now, so smell ya tomorrow.

Joe Black
04-15-2003, 02:32 AM
Monday 14th April

Diet

Diet was perfect, which I was pleased about. I drank over 5 litres of water which is my minimum amount right now. I have a 1.5 litre bottle in the morning, another in the afternoon and another in the evening or with training. Plus my post workout shakes etc all adds up to over 5 litres.

Training

I made some progress on chins, barbell rows and front pulldowns. Nothing to shout about, but a few extra reps here and there. Last week barbell rows felt very uncomfortable at 75k, but this week it felt great and I got 9 reps, so that was quite good.

I performed seated incline curls also instead of hammer to see how they felt and they felt good. I feel I can be more strict with my form on them so I think I will start doing them.

General Comments

On Saturday I will have 12 weeks left until my holiday. I am kind of scared because I really need to lose a fair bit before then. All the weekends have to go perfect for this to happen. I got my clen the other day, and I have been weighing up my options. I am probably going to get some t3 and run it at 12.5 mcg a day for the entire time until my holiday from when I get the T3. I will run clen with it also on a 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off basis.

I have cardio tonight, and I am going to shoot for running 6km.

I will also weight myself tomorrow to see what the damage is :eek: if I donít go down in weight by next week, I may have to lower my carbs, but weíll see. Its still in reality only 8 days into proper hard core dieting.

Silverback
04-15-2003, 01:03 PM
You have a daughter! how do you manage to spend so much time on WBB with a duaghter, have you got a wife aswell Dan?

Dont sweat the diet, 12 weeks is ample time to get pretty damn razor sharp, a good balance of diet and training will get you there as im sure you are aware of :)

Its good to see that you reacted well with that prat at the resteraunt, many in the same situation would of snapped and acted violently, but your reaction was admirable, nice one ;)

The bb row @ 75 for 9 sounds pretty good, as does the increase in the other exercises. Keep it Danny boy you can do it :thumbup:

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-15-2003, 01:30 PM
Cloughie's defunct sperm isn't capable of creating a baby, Ron you eejit.

Re-read his post.

Silverback
04-15-2003, 01:41 PM
LMAO @ Myself, what a fool i am!. I thought it seemed a bit odd, totally read it wrong :)

*Exits emabarressed and with pride dented*

Joe Black
04-15-2003, 02:43 PM
lol @ Ron :)

I def don't have a daughter at 24 years of age, and if I did I don't think I would be taking her to town on a Saturday night to the pub lol

Cheers on the rows. I always used to hatre them but now I love them. I do them very much Dorian style. Quite upright, bar tucked in low. I am working on keeping my form very strict right now and adding the weight slowly.

ok so today...

Tues 15th April

Diet

Ace. Spot, on. Its currently 9:30 pm and everything has been super. I am going to have 2 x servings of eas whey shortly and a small amount of carbs and the its bed time.

Training

Today was cardio day. I hit the posh gym my company pays for and did some cardio. I ran 4.5km over 30 mins. 0.5 km less than last time over the same period but I think I ran too fast to begin with. I need to pace myself a little better :)

However after that I showered and did 6 lengths of the swimming pool and spent about 10 mins in the jacuzzi. I was pretty pissed off with how fat I looked, I wasnlt even going to swim but then thought **** it, I will show everyone how quickly I can turn myself around in 12 weeks!

There was a nice bird at the gym today. Well a few actually but I swear this one had here eye on me lol.. *dreams..... Nice fit & blonde.... Have to get up the posh gym more often ;)

I'm pretty tired right now.

general Comments

feel fat.

I so hope I can really make some big changes in my bodyfat levels over the next 12 weeks. I am so unsure of what results to expect as i have never stuck consistently to a fat loss diet and never done carido on a consistent basis. I am now though.

I weigh in tommorow. *dreads moment. if I am anything 14 stone or over I am gonna cry lol. well not cry, but pull a sad face!

I DEFINATELY need to get a damn bike. I don't move enough on a daily basis. If I cycled a mile there and a mile back to my gym it would definately help things. I am walking to work but cycling would be better.

I just need to buy a bike. I'm gonna search tommorow.

ok thats it for now. going to have my shake, do some of my tony robbins weekly planning and crash :)

Franjipani
04-15-2003, 04:58 PM
I def don't have a daughter at 24 years of age, and if I did I don't think I would be taking her to town on a Saturday night to the pub lol

*LMAO*

Whooooa, Ron had me in hysterics for ages !!!

Cloughie, you have 12 weeks left that is HEAPS of time for a transformation;).... Just be consistent and focused and you will get there.... :D.

Ohhh and can you send me that RPM stuff too??

:angel:

PowerManDL
04-15-2003, 05:03 PM
What the hell? First you start keeping a regular journal, and now you're not fighting?

Where's Daniel Clough and who are you, imposter?

Joe Black
04-16-2003, 03:29 AM
Hey, I am a reformed character Matt. You forgot the elimination of all night benders too lol

Anyway, I jumped up this morning and got on the scales same circumstances as last week. Weds morning, before eating and with just my boxers on. I weighed 13 stone, 12 pounds which for you yankeeís is 194 lbís.

Thatís a 2lbís loss from last week, so I am fairly pleased. Be nice to lsoe another 2 for next week, but it means I have to really make more of an effort at the weekend. Itís a 4 day weekend also so itís going to be tough but I will manage it!

I have a hard day at work today. My boss is down and we are reviewing the whole customer support priority system and also a lot of the backend stuff so be a big thinking day. I bought my sports nutrition course information with me as I am going to spend half an hour each lunch time on it, plus a chunk of the weekend. I want to really get my teeth into it.

I was so tired last night I didnlt feel like doing my rpm. I have not even done my weekly plan yet Franj which is annoying. Iíll do it when I get home, well half a week lol

Iíll also send you the rpm excels ;)

Until next time!

Joe Black
04-16-2003, 03:50 PM
Weds 16th April

Diet

peeeeeeeeeerfect..... all meals on time and about 5 litres of water. One thing I have noted is I need to thikn of some alternatives for meal 5 (jacket and tuna) as sometimes I REALLY do not feel like eating this about 6:30..

Training

I upped my dead by 22 lb's this week, AGAIN. Thats a 45lb increase in 2 weeks. However I know its at the stage now where I have to do things a touch slower. I did 5 reps on 310 and then the 5th rep was quite slow and normally I won't pull a last rep if its going to be a slow on. I felt it bad on my lower back, even to the point where I could not do another set due to a slight twinge. not gonna do that again.

I got 7/8 reps on the 32.5k dumbells, a cuple of reps up and then 10 reps on the 27.5's again a few up.

fee reps up on the laterals and same for shrugs.

Had a good chat to the guy working at the gym today. He is a big lad, and I remember him when he was small. he is a sound guy. Just chatted about the pro's etc. He has the same attitude as me (its all gone pear shaped).

got cardio tommorow. a 5k run and then 10 laps of the pool. I really have to push myself now.

untill tommorow.

Silverback
04-16-2003, 03:58 PM
Why dont you feel like eating @ 6.30? if i cut then i'd figure that i would be ravanous 24/7!

Nice increase on the deads 45lbs is mint for 2 weeks especially, but a slower approach would probably be more advisable especially due to the fact that tendons/ligaments adapt at a slower rate than the muscles therefire increasing the risk of injury.

Good luck with the cardio tommorow, you can do it Dan keep focused and think about the rewards you will get when finished, not only the complimentary comments, a chance to eat a more normal diet and less cardio required etc...

keep it up :)

B-R

Joe Black
04-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Ron

Its not that I don't feel like eating, I just don't feel like eating tuna again. I eat it at midday. it'd be ok every other day eating it twice just have to think of another alternative thats all.

Thurs 17th April

Diet

Diet was good today. I changed things up some. Only a little bit. Brekfast and meal 2 were as normal. Then I could not be arsed to go home and cook steak at home as it was a lovely day so I grabbed a jacket potatoe, cheese and beans for meal 3, and then had tuna salad meal 4 and steak, brown rice meal 5.. my shake and a few rivita's for meal 6. Damn I need to think of something apart from dextrose on my off days.

Training

Cardio day today and I was not going to let anything deter me from bursting a pb on the treadmill! Last session wasnlt great and I stopped and started too much.

This time I did a fasrt walk, whacked it up to 10 k/h, then 11, then 12 for half an hour.. When i hit 5k I had 3 mins to spare!!!!! I warmed down for those minutes.

After I swam 200m..

Feeling really good after that!!!

General Comments

Feeling good. My main focus is to keep diet on track for the Easter period. I have fri, sat off, working sun, then mon off. I HAVE to keep the diet perfect. I know I will!

I am training with Fran tommorow. If he is not worried about my overtaking him on bench soon, he better be ;) he he

well, till tomorrow!

bradley
04-18-2003, 03:11 AM
What about cooking up some extra chicken breasts at the beginning of the week? That way you wouldn't have to have exactly the same thing every day. I used to pack a chicken breast and a sweet potato for lunch, and I just used the microwave at work to nuke the potato. Also enjoyed taking black beans and whole wheat pasta which can both be cooked ahead of time.

Keep up the hard work Dan and you will reach your goals:)

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-18-2003, 01:09 PM
Update:

"I'm still a fat idiot from Cambridge."

Silverback
04-18-2003, 01:41 PM
lol,

that being said nice work on the treadmill, i cant be bothered with the damn things though, too boring, if i want cardio then i'll walk or run in my area, its in the countryside though so its a little easier for me.

Diet sounded good yesterday but cheese! good lord i dont have cheese when im bulking let alone cutting they should have a note saying 'Welcome to Calorie and Fat city'!!

Keep it tight this weekend Dan, you know it makes sense in the long run ;)

Joe Black
04-18-2003, 01:46 PM
*sigh.....

Anyway here is the REAL update.

Friday 18th April

Diet

I have had 4 meals so far. Been diff to my plan but about the same. 2 slices of bread and eggs for breakfast, then steak and brown rice for meal 2, then went training and had my whey and dextrose after, and just had an ommelete and 2 slices of toast. Gonna have a metrx shortly with some nuts then maybe some whey and oats a little later.

I am not sure how bad it is being so flexible with my diet as I guess I should be trying to keep cal;s consistent. At the end of the day its normally never more cal;s most likely less and its normally only the weekend it gets a touch flexible. Main thing is its still clean.

Training

Excellent workout today. Trained chest and tri;s with Fran and progressed on virtually all movements.

bench

80k x 4 (got most of the 5th rep, fran touched the bar a little in the middle of the rep) Thats a 2,5k increase from last week. I then pushed 67.5 for 11 reps which is more reps and more weight than last week.

Incline press was better also. I got 7/8 on the 32.5's (72 lb) dumbells. Then i dropped it to the 27.5's for the next set and got about 10 i believe. 3 more than last time.

Flyes I went up to 22.5 k's on frans advice ;) and got 6 reps I think.

Dips I added some weight for the first time (+5k) and got 8 reps, followed by 6.

I then got about the same on french press and a few more reps on push downs.

So overall a wicked workout.

I got a new bodyfat measurer... lol, its called Fran ha ha...

Basically after the workout I took off my top and he guestimatted about 19%. Sounded about right to me. I am not too bothered about %'s and the like, only what I see. I think I have got a touch leaner from eating clean for 2 weeks, but I def have a lot to achieve over the next 12 weeks. I start me clen on Monday too, so maybe that will help a touch.

I am training with fran again tommorow. Hard leg session, my 2nd in a long time so it will be testing :)

Joe Black
04-22-2003, 06:52 AM
UpdateÖ

Ok so, where was I? Damn I donít update in 3 days and I am on like page 4!!!!

Anyway, so a quick bit of info on the weekend.

Saturday 19th April

Diet was quite good as far as a I can remember. I trained legs for the 2nd time on the run since, well way too long. I squatted a lot more than my first one. I squatted 90k x 8, and then 100k x 4. Looking forward to reaching my goal of 120 before I go on holiday.

Sunday 20th April

Diet = major **** up, but I decided it would be a cheat day as I got chocolates for Easter from people ;) I worked also which sucked.

Monday 22nd April

Itís a public holiday here. I kept my diet in check and trained back and biceps. Quite a good workout. Donít have the numbers to hand but progression on all movements. Not massive, but still progression!

Ok, Iíll update later today, with how my cardio went. So far diet = ace, and it canlt be anything else but EVERYDAY up until I leave for holiday. I start my clen tomorrow also. I am aiming for running 5.5km on the running machine today within my 30 min period. Gonna be tough, but I reckon I can pull it off.

Joe Black
04-22-2003, 06:56 AM
oh, I also sold my car on Saturday, so now I am walking to work every day and also looking for a bike so I can cycle to the gym. This should help over the next 12 week period!

Joe Black
04-23-2003, 04:36 AM
Ok Update time.

Yesterday went well diet wise. Pretty much spot on. A few things changed here and there, and I am now going to make a super effort to keep things 100% every day, and not keep swapping things even though I do stay clean. I weighed 195 lbís this morning which is 1 up from last week!! So this week its going to be Exact and I will see what I weigh next Wednesday. If its not much lower I am going to lower my calís I think. Iíll see.

Yesterday I ran 4 kilometres in 20 minutes, which although is less distance it was at a higher intensity level and in less time than my previous runs. On Thursday I am aiming for a 5 k run in 23 minutes which will be 4 minutes knocked off my pb. I also swam 10 lengths of the pool which was 250 m.. So a little longer swimming also.

I started my clen today, with one tab. I am gonna put down my days here so I remember them or I will forget lol.

I have 180 tabs, so I am going to do the following

I am going to do 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 2 weeks on. That should take me up to 2 weeks out from my hol.

I will document what I am taking so I donít forget lol

Weds 23 Ė 1 tab
Thurs 24 - 2 tabs
Fri 25 - 3 tabs
Sat 26 - 4 tabs
Sun 27 - 5 tabs
Mon 28 - 6 tabs
Tues 29 - 6 tabs
Weds 30 - 5 tabs
Thurs 1 - 4 tabs
Fri 2 - 3 tabs
Sat 3 - 2 tabs
Sun 4 - 1 tab

Diet and water consumption is going as planned so far today!

Joe Black
04-25-2003, 04:37 AM
Been a few days. I didnít train on Wednesday because I got back late from work and then I couldnít get a lift over to the gym. Sucks, I think I am gonna buy a bike on Sat though.

In fact Weds and Thursday werenít the best days. Average diet and didnít get to train :(

Anyway I am all sorted for todayÖ. I am going straight from work to the gym and then being picked up from the gym and going bowling. I have all 5 meals with me and I will have meal 6 when I return from bowling.

I need to stop having the odd **** up days, I am so much better than I was but the odd few crap days creep in. I am going to be earlier from now on as most of my mistakes come from bad planning. Iím staying in all weekend also so my diet WILL be spot on.

I also actually ended up starting my clen today instead.

So my new days are

Fri 25 - 1 tab
Sat 26 - 2 tabs
Sun 27 - 3 tabs
Mon 28 - 4 tabs
Tues 29 - 5 tabs
Weds 30 - 6 tabs
Thurs 1 - 6 tabs
Fri 2 - 5 tabs
Sat 3 - 4 tabs
Sun 4 - 3 tabs
Sun 4 - 2 tabs
Sun 4 - 1 tab

Oh tonight, I am also gonna bench more than Fran ;)

Silverback
04-25-2003, 04:43 AM
I think fran might have something to say about that, but good luck to you :)

Get a bike bought man, have a look on ebay you'll get one pretty cheap as long is it does the job then there's no worries, A to B is what counts ;)

Glad to hear your getting more focused with the diet, it is probably the most difficult and most effective part of training and if you use it right it will work in your favour, as you probably know.

Good luck Dan, how good are you at bowling?

B-R

Franco
04-25-2003, 07:04 AM
I sure will Ron:)

Hey dan, you forgot to mention my leg day last saturday pfft what about me sldl 140kg for 13 solid reps.

ElPietro
04-25-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by FAngel
Hey dan, you forgot to mention my leg day last saturday pfft what about me sldl 140kg for 13 solid reps.

Wtf? Are you trying to tone you english w@nker! 13 reps lol.

Franco
04-25-2003, 07:17 AM
I dunno I got bored, but anyway my sldl is still far better than dan's deads:)

And as for you Pete:p

Joe Black
04-29-2003, 04:41 AM
Ok, its been a while since an update, so here we go.

FridayOn Friday I trained chest and triceps with Fran. Now I did give him previous warning that my bench would be surpassing his on that training session but would he listen to me? ;)

Anyway I upped my bench another 5 lbís and benched 82.5k (180 lbs) for 4 reps. Thatís a rep more than Fran!! Still low, considering my bodyweight but I am happy with the progression I am going through now and am confident it will keep rising. I am gonna make Fran hit 5 next week though. I am gonna put on my Dorian Yates training partner hat (for those that have seen the vid!)

Rest of the workout went really well.

I didnít train all weekend because of a ****ed up lowerback.

Monday

Well I went in to train back and biís as usual. My lower back was hurting a lot that day but it passed in the evening so I went training. I had to miss out rows and standing curls because of the obvious lower back pressure, but apart from that a small amount of progression on each exercise. I expect more so next week when I am fully able to put 100% into it.

The weekend was generally good diet wise and Monday was excellent.

General comments

I hate that my lifts are so low. Although I feel like this about a lot of my lifts and I also feel I have had too many ďoffĒ periods, I am now determined for there to never be another off period. I will always be at my best from now on and want to have an exceptional physique and strength levels. I want people to look up at me in the gym not say thatís the guy who seems to always be in and out here never really changing.

I got cardio tonight and I am determined to run 5k in less than 25 minutes. Iíll go for a swim after too!

YatesNightBlade
04-29-2003, 05:39 AM
take a shower first young man ..... or you'll make da pool all sweaty.

Joe Black
04-29-2003, 06:28 AM
I do!!!!!

YatesNightBlade
04-29-2003, 07:31 AM
I don't ;)

bradley
04-30-2003, 03:43 AM
I hate that my lifts are so low.

patience, patience :)

I know how you feel, although I think if I was benching some insane amount like 400lbs. I would still think I should be doing more. Always striving for more is what makes lifting so much fun.

Joe Black
05-07-2003, 02:38 AM
Ok, ok..

I have been a bad boy and not updated in a while. So I will do a quick skim of the last week and try and update a bit better this week.

Weds Ė diet was crap. Went to a theme park. After hit the gym and got a pr on deads and shoulder press and lateral raises.
Thurs Ė ran 5k and swam 300m, diet was ace
Fri Ė trained with fran. Awesome workout, pr by A LOT on incline dumbbell and flyes.
Sat Ė legs. Again pr on all excercises.
Sun Ė chilled, diet was good.
Mon Ė diet wasnít that good, didnít get to the gym.
Tues Ė went for a run outside. Probably about 3k.

And today is weds.

Tonight I am gonna sit down and rework my diet so its at 2000 calís. I am going to lower fat, and carbs to achieve this.

I am looking a bit leaner but I am sure I could look leaner if I didnlt keep having these **** up days :(

Iíll update with my new diet and results from my dead and shoulder session later this evening.

Silverback
05-07-2003, 02:31 PM
2k cals? imo thats too low, especially if you want to lose mainly fat, going that low will sacrifice more muscle.

Dont try and make up for a poor diet with a cal level like this, concentrate on getting the 6-8 meals of quality foods in order to keep burning like a furnace, keep the weights hard and heavy plus some cardio/intervals. You know you can do it, just believe it mate.

"your body is a mirror of your efforts" ;)

Silverback
05-07-2003, 02:35 PM
sorry if i sound somewhat patronising, but i really want you to succeed, honest!

Franco
05-07-2003, 03:05 PM
As do I Ron, As do I. Otherwise I will kick him and kick him hard

Silverback
05-07-2003, 03:09 PM
lol, after that kick him for me too ;)

Joe Black
05-09-2003, 02:40 AM
I didnít take it as patronizing at all. I guess itís the truth. :)

Iíll stay at current calorie levels for a few more weeks, and make sure those weeks are really perfect. Fran can check out my progress at the end of this month to see if I look leaner. If not Iíll drop them some.

Ok yesterday:

Diet

Went superb. All supps, water and food on time. I substituted the dextrose for some ryvitaís later in the evening. One thing I do need to do this weekend is change my diet so its got a better low gi meal before bed. Whey protein and dextrose I have discovered is not the best last meal of the day!

training

I started interval training tonight, well about as interval as you can get on a running machine. I ran for 30 mins alternating from the speed of 6 k/s to 14 k/s every 2 mins. I hit about 4.8 k after 30 mins and the time went really quick. If nothing else interval running is less boring! I am gonna try and decrease the fast walking ones down to 1 min maybe as I progress, or maybe just increase the time. Not sure yet.

I then went for a 200 m swim. Felt really good.

General Comments

As Ron mentioned, the diet needs to be better. Whats scary is its about 500% better from when I was a slacker, but its still not up to scratch. So yesterday was day 1 of perfect dieting. I need to see if I can get to 20 which will take me to the end of this month!

Joe Black
05-10-2003, 01:20 PM
ok, bout time for an update, especially seeing as things are going EXCELLENT.

Friday 9th

diet

Diet was excellent all day. Everything 100%.

training

Trained with Fran and my bro. Things went really well. Last time I got 4 reps on 82.5k and this week I got 6 reps. I think I am nearly ready to move up a weight now. If I am feeling good next week I will whack it up to 85 and go for 3-4 reps. Feels good to be benching that much considering my bench although still sucks compared to most peoples (itís a weak lift for me) itís the strongest I have ever been.

I then got a bit cocky and put 95 (210) on the bar and went for a 1 rep, and I so nearly got it. It got stuck in the middle for about half inch. Once my bro gave a real small help it went up easy.

I then reduced the weight to 75k and got 8 reps, again another 2.5k progression from last week.

I stepped up to the 37.5k (82) dumbbells for incline press and got 4 reps on it. I have NEVER attempted the 37.5ís before, its crazy. I just seem to be able to get considerably stronger each time. Itís the not drinking, I swear. I then dropped down to the 32.5ís and got 7 reps.

Dips I added on 12.5k weight and got 4 reps. Probably put a bit too much weight on. I dropped it to 10 for the next one and got 5 reps.

French press and pushdowns a 4/5 rep improvement on them.

general comments

ACE :)

Joe Black
05-10-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by ElPietro
*snicker*

I don't think he will last a month.

2 and a half already ;)

Joe Black
05-10-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
Look it's a journal....... hahahaha......

I give it 2 months tops.

;)

Silverback
05-10-2003, 01:47 PM
lol you show em dan, have you taken b4 pics? it would be nice to see when your finnished cutting the difference.

I think 20 perfect diet days would be a great target and very achieveable.

How long before you go on holiday?

Silverback
05-10-2003, 02:05 PM
btw are we still gonna have a WBB get together in the summer? it would be a good laugh and great too see you guys :)

Joe Black
05-16-2003, 05:33 AM
Ron, yeah I took come pics. I'll send you on on msn.

lol, kimpy, I do feel fat although over the last week I seem to be looking a little leaner I think. Maybe its the mind playing tricks on me.

Just a bump to say things are still o course, and I'll report back after me chest/tri's session this evening with Fran.

Maki Riddington
05-16-2003, 09:23 AM
At this point I feel everyone looks better then I do. Great work ******.....er, um... I mean Dan.

I was wrong you were right, you've lasted longer then I expected.
Now only if your girlfriends would compliment you like that eh.

Joe Black
05-16-2003, 10:56 AM
Lol,

I have had enough of women for now.

Eric and that doesnít meanÖÖÖtuttut

Joe Black
05-19-2003, 06:34 AM
Things have been going well since the last update. Dieting more than training though.

Training on Friday went ok to start with. I benched 85 (187) x 4, which was a personal best. I then did 95 (210) x 1 which was another pb.

The rest of the workout wasnít really inline with what I would normally do. I did machine inclines instead of dumbbells as the benches were being used and I did crossovers instead of flyes. I then got some kinda muscle spasm in my throat believe it or not which bloody hurt when I was doing French press so I called it a day at that point.

Legs went ok on Saturday, some pbís there also.

So today, I have 8 weeks left till my hols.

I am going away to London at the weekend, and I wonít lie, I will be drinking, and not moderately. I have not drank in about 12 weeks now, and I think I deserve a break. So I will not be dieting fri, sat or sun, and I WILL be drinking. I am staying in a hotel so I will probably do some cardio and take a bunch of metrx bars or something. This will be my only drinking sesh before holiday though.

Hereís what the next 8 weeks will look like:

Weeks 1-2

Dieting as normal with a 3 day break for drinking and going out lol

Weeks 3-4

Lower calís by 200 and use clen.
Plan out NHE diet.

Weeks 5-8

Start NHE diet, complete the metabolic shift and then start carb rotation plan. Introduce clen for weeks 7-8

Weeks 9-10

Diet will change to ice creamís, steaks, and alcohol carb ups from 10pm till 5am ;) Yes I will be on holiday!

Joe Black
05-29-2003, 02:19 AM
Just letting you guys know I am still plugging on, although fri-tues was pretty awfull. No dieting, drinking etc.

I went to London and had a wicked time with some mates.

Anyway back on the dieting now and I will update tomorrow after I train with Fran.,

About 7 weeks left now, so I have to really get down to it.

Joe Black
06-03-2003, 08:45 AM
Ok, for the next 7 weeks Iíll be updating this a bit more as I really push the boat out!

My goal to lose 15 lbís in 7 weeks. I know muscle will come with it a bit, but thatís just how it has to be. My weight WILL be under 13 stone for holiday (180)

So for yesterday:

Diet

Ace, spot on.

Training

Did back and biís. Damn gym has no air conditioning so it was hot as ****. The session went very well though. I did 8 sets for back, and 6 for biceps. Slightly more than usual but I want to up my volume a touch. I am considering dropping to 3 days weights so I can do 4 x cardioís but weíll see. I canít think how to rearrange it simply, so I may just keep it as it is.

General comments

I am starting clen again, am on 2 tabs today. Iíll weigh myself on Friday morning and on each one till I go on holiday.

Day 1 of eating correctly. I WILL get to day 50, consecutively with spot on eating.

Tonight I am taking my exís nephew swimming, and then on to do cardio and swimming again. Iíll probably chill at the gym and watch the England game on the exercise bike. I bought an mp3 player also today so I can use it at the gym! 64mb of memory should put be at about 2 albums when recorded in wma. I also bought a new bike so I can cycle everywhere, Fran has seen it, its way cool lol, not. Its brand new though so it will get me from a to b fast.

Till tomorrow.

Franco
06-03-2003, 10:18 AM
You can give me a lift to the max now;)

galileo
06-03-2003, 10:33 AM
50 days of consecutive spot on eating is insane. If I didn't have a girlfriend, I could be more successful :)

Franjipani
06-04-2003, 11:54 AM
I bought an mp3 player also today so I can use it at the gym! 64mb of memory should put be at about 2 albums when recorded in wma.

Heya Hulkie,

I'm looking for one that's fallen off the back of a truck....so keep ya eyes peeled for me:D.

btw... Hope you are still alive & didnt blow up that ubs port :eek:

Joe Black
06-05-2003, 05:19 AM
Fran: lol, yeah crossbar!! Lol

Gal: I know, but I have no girlfriend, and my only mission is my holiday right now, so its worth the sacrifice. 50 days WILL be mine!

Franj: donít even start lol.. I totally ****ed things up. I think I blew by usb port, because my modem is screwed now. I have my comp with me at work for someone to take a look. I am gonna re-install win2k as I was going to do that anyway and see if it fixes it (might be the usb drivers.) If not I might have to buy a new usb carb. GrrrÖ I cant use my mp3 player either!

Well we have 2 days spot on eating, horray!! Lol.. Today is going ace also.

So yesterday: Day 2 (4th June)

diet

Spot on.

Training

I got in such a bad mood and stress about my computer I didnít get to the gym. I am going to do deads and shoulders tonight instead.

general

Man I am a busy person right now. Between training, dieting, working, sorting out At Large (getting damn close), working on my sports nutrition course, working on wbb, oh and having a personal life. I admit I need to get things organized a little so I am going to restart a Tony Robbins programmes I have that is geared towards this. It helped me before but I just kind of stoped doing it for no reason really which sucked. So I will start it today.

I am playing in a pool tournament today with friends against a local pub team. I am going to cycle to the gym from work, then onto the pub where it is being player (only water for me!) and then back home for probably about 11pm! Another busy night.

Anyway, I am just about to tuck into a tuna salad, so Iíll sign off!

Joe Black
06-06-2003, 07:14 AM
AightÖ

Yesterday..

Diet

Ace, not how I intended but not far off. I missed out meal 5 as I went out to play pool. But got in meal 6 ok. So just some calroeis short, no big deal. Still super clean. I drank 5 litres of water during the day and then whilst playing pool had 6 pints of water lol.

training

Sucks, I didnlt go so I have missed my shoulder and dead day this week. I couldnít get out of the pool game as I am a player on the team and it was pretty much from work and got home late :(

general comments

This weekend is cardio weekend! I am gonna go crazy. I am not going to do legs but instead concentrate on cardio. I will do a hard session on Saturday (running and then swimming) and probably the same on Sunday.

My computer is back and online (ish) I got a new usb port and it seems ok now. Damn thing.

Getting closer to my hol and its really staring me in the face now. Everything has to be spot on. So far everything has been good today, and it definitely will finish as that.

Iíll weigh myself next fri.

ElPietro
06-06-2003, 07:20 AM
This weekend is cardio weekend! I am gonna go crazy. I am not going to do legs but instead concentrate on cardio.

Don't forget to wear your pink spandex tights, headband and ankle warmers you puffter! :p

You should never miss deadlift day. You shoulda at least deadlifted the end of a pooltable or something like that. Or gone out and deadlifted one of those little cars you brits love driving so much, but never miss a planned deadlift day. tuttut

Joe Black
06-06-2003, 08:19 AM
I know.

Actually you got me thinking I will deadlift tommorow as I am not doing left. Deadlift and cardio weekend!

ElPietro
06-06-2003, 08:30 AM
Good lad!

Saint Patrick
10-26-2003, 12:21 AM
Yes, I will update this one regularly and keep it updated for a long time.

:confused:

Scott S
10-26-2003, 03:48 PM
So have you deadlifted yet, or what?

And how the hell do you pronounce "Clough" anyway?? "Clow"? "Cloof"? "Cloff"? "Cloog"?

Silly brits.

Franco
10-26-2003, 03:59 PM
Bad cloughie!!!

What happened about sat???