PDA

View Full Version : 'assisted' cutting diet. suggestions please.

powerhalf
02-21-2003, 02:30 PM
Hi everyone. I'm going on a 1-t assisted cut soon, and lately i've been dropping cals too low :/ This is the diet that I've tentatively planned.
(all bread is whole grain, meat on a foreman grill)

1: natty pb, 2 pieces of bread

2: Can of tuna, (missing a carb source here, don't want to overuse bread. suggestions?)

3: burger, 2 pieces of bread, probably tomato slice/onion, etc

4: 2 jumbo eggs, sliced up potato

5: Something else, probably another tuna can for simplicity's sake

And sometime in there I'll have two mixes of one scoop of whey protein and 5g of creatine, one about 2 hours before i wo, the other right after.

raniali
02-21-2003, 03:32 PM
so whats the Q?

powerhalf
02-21-2003, 03:36 PM
heh, that would have been a good thing for me to state in the first post :) the question is, can someone suggest a carb for my tuna meals other than bread?

raniali
02-21-2003, 03:51 PM
veggies, potatoe, rice, crackers, pasta

Vido
02-21-2003, 03:59 PM
oats, yams, brown rice

bradley
02-21-2003, 04:26 PM
black beans...and a little tabasco;)

LAM
02-21-2003, 04:35 PM
that is not a very good or balanced diet...

you need more protein, more low GI carbs, more fiber and more EFA's

powerhalf
02-21-2003, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback, people. EFA's I can get in the form of the flax and cod liver oil tabs I have. As far as fiber and low GI carbohydrates go... *shrug* you're absolutely right, and I can't argue with you, but more than likely, I'm not going to worry a lot about it.

About protein... I could throw in another 22g protein shake, and that would take me to 211 grams total. I know that's not quite the 1g/per lb of bw that some recommend, and nowhere close to the 1.5/lb, but I think with having the shakes before and after my WO's having 211 grams overall should be okay.

What do you guys think about using fruit like apples, pears, oranges, as a carbohydrate source?