PDA

View Full Version : Make my Diet

TopLine
02-23-2003, 05:47 PM
Well, Granted this question probably gets asked daily, It's different for everyone.

Somethings about me;
[list=1]
Weight: 138lbs
Height: 5'9(Give or take)
Skinny; Yes Disgustingly Skinny; No
[/list=1]

Now, I know everyones goals are different and thats fine, some people want to be very big and bulky but thats not really my "style." I just want to be bigger then I am now, Well I can't explain it good I'm a failure, lol.

Like many people have said, you can go to the gym all you want, but;
[list=1]
Gym - 15%
Eating - 85%
[/list=1]

And well honestly, I don't eat that well, and the times I do eat semi good, I only get like max 2000 calories and 60protein.

I'm going shopping tommorrow, and every monday from now on, and well I wanna gain weight, fast. I have a fairly high matabolism, so its harder for me then most people.

Some foods that I just WONT eat;
[list=1]
Fish
Milk(Althouhg I would Drink it, I prefer Choco Milk)
Tuna Fish
[/list=1]

LoL thats all I could think of right now, but those things are just nasty. Also I don't have the money to buy protein shakes... But when I go to the gym 3-4 times a week, I usually buy a shake there, if I have the funds.

So my question to you, is design my diet... What should I buy? I'm only 17 so I don't have hundreds to spend, and I'm sure my parents will pay for most of it, since its food and they like the gym as one of my hobbies, but I'd rather not be sending 100's a week.

So hQQk me up.

-Doug

bradley
02-23-2003, 06:04 PM
Search the forums and read the WBB articles for general diet and nutrition information and come up with your own diet and post it and I am sure people will be happy to offer suggestions.

You know what foods you like to eat so try and put something together and the members here will be happy to offer suggestions. ;) You can also check the online journals forum as some of the members post their daily diet. Good luck with it.

AJ_11
02-23-2003, 06:43 PM
I agree with bradley, you are your own person and know what you like to eat and dislike. I, and anybody on this board could post a diet for you but you will still pick and choose what you like and dislike.

And BTW, save your money and stop buying the protein drinks from the gym. There are places online that you can buy protein for like 0.30 a serving campared to like 5 bucks.

TopLine
02-23-2003, 07:02 PM
Granted I may know what I like, but I don't know when I should eat it, how much I should eat of it, What I should ready eat(I know the basis)... You know what Im saying... I like just about everything except.. Cheese, Milk and fish..

Frozenmoses
02-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Damn, I couldn't imagine my diet without milk or fish. Those are staples in mine. Anyway, I suggest you do some browsing here, check out some of the journals to get an idea of what some of the other people's diets are, and compile one that sounds good to you. Post it here and let us tear it apart for ya.

Ironman8
02-23-2003, 09:15 PM
Do you know what I like? MEAT, MEAT, and MEAT!!!:burger: :burger:

Heh, anyways, find some articles on the internet or on this site. Try going to the gym more. Don't starve yourself. Eat at least 6 small meals. After that, you'll start seeing results.

bradley
02-24-2003, 03:52 AM
You should eat about 5-6 meals a day spaced approx 3 hours apart. These meals should contain a little of each macronutrient (protein, carbs, and fat).

I would recommend getting approx 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight and tis should come from lean sources like eggs, chicken, lean beef, etc.

Carbs should be low GI like oats, sweet potatoes, ww bread, beans, fibrous vegetables, etc. Postworkout would be the only time that you would want high GI carbs.

Try to get the majority of your fats from healthy sources like nuts, natural peanut butter, flax oil, or fish oil. Fats should make up approx. 25-30% of your daily calorie intake.

You say you have a fast metabolism so why not start out at about 2500 calories total and increase or decrease as necessary until you are gaining about a pound a week. Divide your daily calorie total by the number of meals you are planning on eating and that wil tell you approximately how much to eat at each meal. The calorie total I told you was just an estimate and like I said you will have to adjust to get a daily total that works for you. Hope this helps somewhat.

TopLine
02-24-2003, 02:28 PM
Thanks Guys...I'm thinking about 3000 calories, because I've been eating anywhere between 2000-2500 daily for awhile to no avail. Dividing 3000 by 6 gives me 500. So I'm guessing that means I need give or take 500 calories per meal, and 6 meals a day.

8:00 Am: 3 Eggs
2 Peices of bread
Columbo Yogurt
1 Glass Choco Milk
1 Glass Oj

11:00 Am:(In School, Choices Limited): 1 Bagel
2 Choco Milks
Turkey/Ham Sandwich
Potato Chips

2:15 Pm: White Rice
5-10 Chicken Wings(Thoses hot little wings that come in like 5lbs bags)
Orange Juice and Milk
Grapes and Maybe an apple and banana

5:00: Dinner With Family(Every Night my mom cooks food, wether it be soup or chicken breast... Tacos or Pasta... Its a every night occurance).

8:00: Columbo Yogurt
< From here, and the 110lock meal, Im **** out of ideas)

Go ahead critique and replace away, I know NOTHING!

bradley
02-24-2003, 02:52 PM
I would get rid of the potato chips at the 11:00 a.m. meal.

Also I would recommend boneless skinless chicken instead of chicken wings. Those wings are mostly skin and bones with little meat, therefore the nutritional value is lacking IMO.

The brown rice would be better than white rice because white rice has been pretty much stripped of its nutritional content.

What about a couple of peanut butter sandwiched on whole wheat for you 8 o'clock meal and then some cottage cheese with a tablespoon or two of flax oil or fish oil. You need those EFA's in your diet.

I know you said that you don't like regular milk but chocolate milk has too much sugar IMO. Also what about some vegetables in there?

TopLine
02-24-2003, 02:55 PM
I like the ideas, besides the cottages cheese, thats one of the few things I just won't eat. I could pick up "Flax Oil" at a regular store, and I just take it with a spoon like cough syrup?

bradley
02-24-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by TopLine
I like the ideas, besides the cottages cheese, thats one of the few things I just won't eat. I could pick up "Flax Oil" at a regular store, and I just take it with a spoon like cough syrup?

Yeah just check out the serving size on the back of the bottle, but just take it like cough syrup. You can pick it up at most any health food store and it should be located in the refrigerated section.

Also when I mentioned peanut butter I mean the natural peanut butter. It should be located right beside the regular peanut butter at most supermarkets:)

MrWebb78
02-24-2003, 03:01 PM
definately need some veggies. an easy start to that would be replacing the potato chips with a bag of carrot sticks. start suggesting to your mom what you want for dinner. and too much C. milk is gunna get you fat, not muscular, it only takes 5 seconds to chug a big glass of it. and the lower fat milks are less filling.

Ironman8
02-24-2003, 07:22 PM
But if you really crave chips, buy the baked ones. IMO, it tastes better its greasier counter-part.

TopLine
02-24-2003, 07:30 PM
I dont really crave the chips, but it comes with the school sandwiches, so I figure what the hell.