PDA

View Full Version : Working and eating

Novice
07-28-2001, 05:36 AM
I am new to body building and I wanna get big...so I currently making a training plan (tue-thu-sat)...the problem is my work involves me working away from home a lot which means regular training is very difficult....and also eating is a problem....

how do you guys overcome such problems....

Wizard
07-28-2001, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Novice
I am new to body building and I wanna get big...so I currently making a training plan (tue-thu-sat)...the problem is my work involves me working away from home a lot which means regular training is very difficult....and also eating is a problem....

how do you guys overcome such problems....

The truth is that you have more chances to get overtrained.So try to take more rest days so that you let your muscles grow.It also gonna be difficult to carry out your meals plan but you can carry this problem off if you take some meals at work.It's a good idea to cook/prepare your meals whenever you have free time.(ex. in the weekends)

Novice
07-28-2001, 06:05 AM
Overtraining.....yes I started lifting about two months ago and my diet was still crap...i mean only eat about 3 times a day and only drank more water when I exercised.....

however one particular session a did a bit too much and for a few days I was feeling crap...an I havent been to the gym for few weeks....I need to make a plan and stick to it. so now I am starting a proper diet plan

this is what I think my diet will look like....

Breakfast

3 slices of toast (brown)
Bowl of cereal (minibix)
Glass of milk
Tea

Mid Morning Snack

couple of small oranges
banana
Protein + Carbo Shake

Lunch

Tuna Sandwich
Low Fat Yoghurt
Milk

Mid Afternoon

Banana
Protien + Carbo Shake

Evening

Chappati's(brown) and Curry (vegetable, lentils, Chicken etc)
Mixed Fruit (apples, oranges, cuecumber)
Glass of Protien + Carbo Shake

I am not convinced this is the right sort of diet but I think its better than what I have at the moment.....I also have lots of spicy food...which I know is not good....

I think it will take me time to change and I need to some good quick recipes that would help!!

Thanks all for your help!!

Novice
07-28-2001, 06:08 AM
also how do wou work out how much calories u take in...i mean if u make sandwiches at home...theres no way of finding out exactly apart from looking at the labels....of how much protien, carbo and fats u intake!!!

Wizard
07-28-2001, 06:39 AM
Are you looking to put on mass?
You may need to reduce your fructose intake.3 servings of fruit would be better.
What's the carbo shake?Maltodextrine?
If yes,you should replace it with something more nutritius.
Then,the other carb sources could be better:ex.:a better choice of carbs for breakfast would were oats.
Brown braid isn't the best carb source.
You should also try to avoid having a high sodium intake which leads to a high blood pressure and that's bad for your heart.
Then,your breakfast gives you a low protein intake.Try to add some eggs there.
Last but not least,you must forget the fda's principle about avoiding fat.Include some healthy fats in your meals.Without it,your performance is gonna suck.Olive oil,flax seed oil,peanut butter,avocados etc are good sources.Don't overdo it though.Figure out your fat intake so that it makes the 20-30%of your daily caloric intake.
Food labels always help if you can trust them of course.You could buy a scale,measure the portions and calculate your caloric intake.