PDA

View Full Version : Diary of a Diva

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tryska
02-26-2003, 09:03 AM
So I figured it's time for a new journal as my old one has just gotten too cumbersome and full of spam. ;)

also, as some of you know, i've been slacking as of late...a little too much going out, and a little too many late hours at work, and not enough time in the gym.

so i'm re-dedicating.

Goals:

1. I need to get diet back in order, as i haven't been feeling so hot eating like a regular person.

2. I also want to see if i can talk my doc into giving me a prescription for glucophage so we can work on insulin-managagment too. Don't know how that will go, but I definitely will give it a shot.

3. I definitely need to get back on my regular workout schedule. I miss the gym, and I hate being so tired every evening when i get off of work, so I as much as I don't want to get dependent on anything, I'm planning a little 3pm ephedrine boost each afternoon i have a scheduled workout. I won't be using in the mornings, or any other time.

so with those goals/guideline being laid out, here is my first insanely unorthodox workout in about a month. I trianed with the fabulour "Cory-san" last night. this boy, although he has a relatively small frame, is a genetic wonder. And he trains pretty intensely. Not necessarily the kidn of routine I would do, but it was a good wake-up call for my system i think.

Back and Shoulder:

Assisted Chins - 80x10; 90x7 (strength went down a bit, but this was also a warmup)

Supercircuit 1: 3 circuits
Side Cable Raises - 10x10
Side Cable Bends - 50x10
DB Front Raise/Side Lateral Raise - 10x10

Supercircuit 2: 3 circuits
Lat Pulldowns - 50x10
Pullovers - 20x10
Side Pulls - 15x10

Supercircuit 3: 3 circuits
Horizontal Row - 55x10
Soupcans - 10x10
Shrugs - 95x12

Crosscable Pull - 35x10x3
Rotator Cuff something or the other - 5x10x3

it was a hell of a workout. Don't know like i said that it is a way i would train consistently, but it was a refreshing twist.

SO that's that. wish me luck on getting back in my groove again.

carolinagirl
02-26-2003, 09:16 AM
Diary of A Diva; or, How Tryska Got Her Groove Back.

It has a ring to it, doesn't it? Glad you're back in the saddle. I am planning to vicariously live the life of a club diva through the pages of this journal - so don't disappoint me. ;)

the doc
02-26-2003, 09:21 AM
you still at crunch?

Tryska
02-26-2003, 09:21 AM
*lol*

I will do my best not to disappoint. I'm jsut gonna keep it within reason.

actually....I think might have to change my first post's title so that it says the "how Tryska got her groove back" part. that's pretty snappy! thanks for the idea! and welcome! :hello:

Tryska
02-26-2003, 09:24 AM
doc - yeah, actually. Oh here's an intersting chronicle of my life. I'm glad I work at crunch still, cuz umm..they are putting in a new sidewalk in front of my building, and wouldn't you know the jokers messed with a water main. So my water inside my house has been acting like an old man with prostate problem for the past week or so, until it just up and quit yesterday. They said they weren't trunign it off for repairs til 9am this morning, but aparently that was a lie. SO i had to truck myself over to the gym this morning for the sole purpose of brushing my teeth and showering. i was not pleased. But i ahd a really good shower. tomorrow if i still have to, i might go ahead and do a steam or sauna as well. *lol*

Lizzie
02-26-2003, 09:31 AM
Good luck tryska!!!! You're gonna do fantastic!!!!:clap:

Tryska
02-26-2003, 09:37 AM
ha ha..thanks lizzie! i appreciate the support. I hope i do fantastic as well. And welcome to my journal! :D

YatesNightBlade
02-26-2003, 09:47 AM
You know you can do it and achieve these goals.

Go girl !!!!!!

Coke
02-26-2003, 09:48 AM
:hello: I wish you well and really want to give you a journal hug ;)

Tryska
02-26-2003, 09:49 AM
awww..thanks sugar. I appreciate it. (i'd use that little msn hug smiley, but i think mystic eric has the corner on it)

with all this support from y'all how can i possibly lose steam?

Shane
02-26-2003, 09:52 AM
:thumbup: Good luck with your new joinal.

PowerManDL
02-26-2003, 10:31 AM
I need to come over there and deadlift in your gym.

WillKuenzel
02-26-2003, 10:43 AM
So many replies and not one :spam: yet.

Good to see you getting back into it!

BennettBoy
02-26-2003, 10:47 AM
Does this mean all the weekends out until 5:00 a.m. in the morning are coming to a hault? :D

Say it ain't so?

Tryska
02-26-2003, 11:04 AM
why thank you shane!

so on my support call witht he scariest cryingest woman on the planet, i've been kinda coming up with a regimen. I need to set it in stone so that i can stick by it, so here goes:

diet - back to the low carb, limited grains, mostly fresh fruits and veggies

M1: eggs, bacon, oats or Myoplex
M2: lunch out - aiming for protein and fresh veggies, perhaps soem complex carbs with it. (or i may go back to cooking my own meals again, which would be better in all honesty)
M3: fruit (pre-workout)
M4: salad with protein (either fish or chicken)

or option 2 is to eat salad with protein for M2, and eat the opposite for M4..all i know is i ahve to have at least 1 salad a day.

as for training - here is where i am torn....i can either do the low-volume 2 day split i have been doing, or split a different way. I'm leaning towards something like a 4 day split and a little higher volume.

or do the push/pull 4 times a week. I rather like the push/pull workout to be honest. so i might do that instead, and hope i have enough recovery time. anybody have any suggestions?

Tryska
02-26-2003, 11:08 AM
bb..oh hell no - i think i will jsut save it for Saturday nights. I mean that way the clubs close early, and then we cna go to backstreet, and hang out there for all hours. I still amy go out for just a little while on friday nights tho. Maybe not til 4 in the morning, but one never can tell. Either way, it's just gonna be one night a weekend, not both nights. I think.

and homeyield...thanks for posting!

and matt...of course...come deadlift at the disco whenever you like. :thumbup:

PowerManDL
02-26-2003, 11:09 AM
Hell yeah! And I bet the cloud of chalk dust would look awesome in the strobe lights!

ElPietro
02-26-2003, 11:21 AM
Just shout "Girl Power!" at the end of every heavy set you do. It works well for Matt. :D

fuzz
02-26-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
[snip]
as for training - here is where i am torn....i can either do the low-volume 2 day split i have been doing, or split a different way. I'm leaning towards something like a 4 day split and a little higher volume.

or do the push/pull 4 times a week. I rather like the push/pull workout to be honest. so i might do that instead, and hope i have enough recovery time. anybody have any suggestions? [/B]

Tryska: Have you tried HST?

EdgarMex
02-26-2003, 01:06 PM
Just because :spam:

And good luck with your goals, T.

ectx
02-26-2003, 01:11 PM
Death to the decophile...Long live the Diva. :spam:

btw...heard your shinydiscoball song at the gym a couple of weeks back...I just about peed my shorts laughing...for what I'm sure looked like no apparent reason. People must have thought I was going crazy from squatting or something.

_-_v_-_
02-26-2003, 01:33 PM
E, why are you talkin to T? We all know you have your eye on Eric.

PowerManDL
02-26-2003, 01:41 PM
http://www.shahedy.com/shahryar/images/msn_messenger/dude_hug.gif

Lizzie
02-26-2003, 01:44 PM
It looks like an open invitation for anyone........eric where are you? you wont get an invitation like this again!

ectx
02-26-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by _-_v_-_
E, why are you talkin to T? We all know you have your eye on Eric.

DIE, YOUNG ONE DIE.

*pours glass of milk for _-_V_-_*

Tryska
02-26-2003, 02:48 PM
*lol* don't drink it V!

ec - baha....i really need to change my sig soon, because i'm getting tired of the song, but i eally do love the lyrics. I here it like all the time, outside of the clubs, so now it's become..."normal" ack.

edgar...thanks for de spammity-spam-spam. a girl can never have too much. ;)

fuzz....no actually i never have tried HST. is it good for cutting? have you tried it? and what would a sample routine look like for it? I remembe rhtere being a lot of HST threads on here, but i never did get the gist of the whole thing.

ElPietro
02-26-2003, 02:53 PM
Good thing you started this journal to get rid of all that spam! :p

Tryska
02-26-2003, 02:56 PM
read your sig.

now act on it, assface. (i mean the top part in asterisks)

ElPietro
02-26-2003, 03:00 PM
Hey! That's not nice! :(

Tryska
02-26-2003, 03:01 PM
you should just go ahead and change you avatar to :spam:

it's big, it's meaty, it's full of crap. just like you. oh but wait...it's got arms.

WillKuenzel
02-26-2003, 03:01 PM
YEE HAW!!

*blasts shotgun into the air*

Just for the fun of it.

Tryska
02-26-2003, 03:08 PM
hey hey...careful where you point that thing..you can put someone's eye out like that! tuttut

fuzz
02-26-2003, 07:34 PM
Yea HST is perfect for cutting. Its main goal is hypertrophy, ie growth of your muscles, so its actually perfect for maintaining muscle mass while cutting. I'm on my fourth cycle of HST, you can see my experience with my 3rd cycle in my journal. I went from 210 at about 15% to 200 at 11.5% - dropped 10 lbs of fat and maintained all my muscle. So it worked really well for me.

You can read a whole lot more at www.hypertrophy-specific.com. There are sample routines and a very thorough explanation of it there.

On another note:

:micro:

fuzz....no actually i never have tried HST. is it good for cutting? have you tried it? and what would a sample routine look like for it? I remembe rhtere being a lot of HST threads on here, but i never did get the gist of the whole thing.

JustinF
02-27-2003, 06:51 AM
:spam:

Good luck Tryska. I'll be checking in.

Tryska
02-27-2003, 08:16 AM
hee hee..thanks justin!

hety fuzz...thanks for the info...i'm goign to take a look around the site, and make a decision.

Tryska
02-27-2003, 08:59 AM
okay, jsut skimmed through the HST website. Unfortunately I'm doing three other things at the moment, and listening in on a conference call.

From what i understand it's a fullbody all compound routine, 3 days a week.

where i'm getitng lsot is all this progressive overload, strategic deconditioning, 10 rep max stuff.

can someone (MATT) just tell me what i need to do?

PowerManDL
02-27-2003, 09:37 AM
Ok, well to do it orthodox style, you'll need to know your maxes for 15 reps, 10 reps, and 5 reps.

Once you do that, subtract 30 lbs from the 15RM. That'll be your first day. For a total of two weeks, add 5 lbs each session till you reach your 15RM.

Do the same for the 10RM and 5RM, working in two week cycles and adding ~5 lbs each session till you reach the original RM.

You'll need to do this for each exercise. After the 5RM week, you can either do two weeks of negatives or two weeks of 5's again.

After this, you're supposed to take off about 9 days to "strategically decondition"

That's the orthodox approach.

What I did was a two up, one down wave. That is, I started at a weight I *knew* I could get the reps with, added weight the next two sessions, then dropped back the fourth, etc.

So it looked like this:

M- 315
W- 325
F- 335
M-325
W-335
F- 345

What I did would work fine for the two-week mesocycles in HST; it also doesn't require that you know the end point, just the starting point. If a weight's too heavy, you go down the next time, and if its about spot-on, you stay with it the next time.

Whichever approach works for ya.

Tryska
02-27-2003, 09:44 AM
so for squats i know my 15RM is 95. so i start with that.

so then i would start at 65 and by the end of 2 weeks be at 95?

and my 10rm is 155, so week 3 i'd start at 125 til i reach 155? and so on and so forth?

okay as far as exercises....

Lunges
Squats
Hamstring Curls
SLDL
Bench
Flyes
Row
Chin
Calf Raises

is that about right? should it be 1 warmup set and one working set, or 1 warmup set and 2 working sets?

fuzz
02-27-2003, 10:55 AM
Tryska:

Okay with your 15 and 10 RM for squats, here are your first two "minicycles" for squats.

15 rep squat cycle
( lbs x reps )
day 1: 45 x 15
day 2: 55 x 15
day 3: 65 x 15
day 4: 75 x 15
day 5: 85 x 15
day 6: 95 x 15

10 rep squat cycle
day 1: 105 x 15
day 2: 115 x 15
day 3: 125 x 15
day 4: 135 x 15
day 5: 145 x 15
day 6: 155 x 15

For lower body exercises you want a larger increment between workouts then upper body. For squats and what not, at least 10 lbs (as above). For shoulders/arms, 5 lbs is a good increment.

Note that you start out with really light weight - this is how HST should be. This will work because of strategic deconditioning - you must take a least a week off from lifting before starting HST. It is fundamental to the program. Nine to fourteen days is really the recommended SD, btw.

One other note - if you're 10 RM was less, say 125, and you didn't want to repeat weights you used for the 15 rep cycle ("zig-zagging" in HST speak) you would just start at 100 x 10 for your first day and repeat some weights for a days 2 and 3 or whatever. Some people zig zag and repeat weights, some people duplicate weights - its just personal preference.

So setup your cycles just like I did above for all your exercises. Your exercise selection looks fine, though SLDL and squatting 3 times a week may be a bit too much volume for your lower back - you'll have to watch that.

As far as number of sets, you really don't need to do warmups for the 15s. The 15s are only there to get a burn and to flush the muscle with blood - for tendon repair and what not. So the 15s are essentially a warmup. With 10s you can do a quick warmup if you think u need it, and you should definitely do it for 5s.

Worksets depends on you - you should not go to failure on any sets - so if you do 2 sets of squats one day and your rep speed dramatically slows at the 8th rep of your 2nd work set, just stop there. The goal is to work the muscle just enough for growth - not to hit a certain set or rep goal.

Whoa. This turned out kinda long. :eek: Hope this helps and I'm not overwhelming you. I've read a lot about HST as I've been using it for awhile and really think its a fantastic program. Good luck.

so for squats i know my 15RM is 95. so i start with that.

so then i would start at 65 and by the end of 2 weeks be at 95?

and my 10rm is 155, so week 3 i'd start at 125 til i reach 155? and so on and so forth?

okay as far as exercises....

Lunges
Squats
Hamstring Curls
SLDL
Bench
Flyes
Row
Chin
Calf Raises

is that about right? should it be 1 warmup set and one working set, or 1 warmup set and 2 working sets?

Tryska
02-27-2003, 12:56 PM
thanks fuzz! actually you clarified for me. i think i will give it a shot, starting tonight and see what happens. and yeah, i would say i've uhhh..."strategically" deconditioned well enough to start.

xraygirl
02-27-2003, 04:23 PM
Gah! I'm getting a headache reading that schtuff!
Oh...nice digs chica ;)

Franjipani
02-27-2003, 05:58 PM
:hello: Hey Tryska,

Congrats on starting a new journal.... power to ya hon:thumbup:

carolinagirl
02-27-2003, 09:56 PM
HST sounds so cool - but I can't do it. I suck at math.

Tell us how it goes.

Miss Rezza
02-28-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by xraygirl
Gah! I'm getting a headache reading that schtuff!

:withstupi LOL!!

Goodluck kickin' some serious ass Tryska!!! :D

Tryska
02-28-2003, 07:57 AM
hi y'all! looks like the ladies are representing in my journal...rock on!

well the best of intentions....I wanted to start yesterday, but started working on a deadline, and din't actually get home til 8:15 last night, starving, with just enough time to eat a salad before bedtime to start the rat-race all over again. :(

no that i mind, because i enjoy what i do, but this job is making it extremely difficult to maintain a workout routine.

anyways, i'm going to try again for this evening. what could possibly go wrong on a friday afternoon??

on a brighter note, at least diet was fairly decent yesterday:

M1: eggs, bacon, oats
M2: japanese! vegetable and shrimp tempura, and california rolls. ooh and really good miso soup. rice came with, but i skipped it. (except for the rice on the maki)
M3: banana, some strawberries and whipped cream, 1 truckdriver (in hopes of working out - at least i was mentally sharp enough to do the troubleshooting i was doing)
M4: yummy green salad with chicken breast and some sunflower seeds.

x - I know what ya mean...it still seems awfully intricate, but i will give it a go. (it's making my head hurt too)

carolinagirl - stay tuned..one day i will actually make it to the gym so i can start this damn thing....

franj and rezza - thanks for dropping by..and for the support! :thumbup:

Tryska
02-28-2003, 07:59 AM
oh...one question

fuzz? what do i do, when i've finished my 6 weeks of lowering reps? i presume take a restr, but then where do i start my next cycle? i'm presuming i would have gone up in 15 rep weight, so i just start there?

fuzz
02-28-2003, 12:58 PM
Actually, if you are feeling up to, you should either do a cycle of negatives with your 2RM (if you have a training partner to help you), or just continue the 5RM cycle. Generally, people continue until they feel "done" - ie, fatigued, joints hurt, gains are stopping, etc. I've stopped after 2 weeks of 5 reps, I've also done 3 1/2 weeks of 5 reps where I just kept upping my weights where I could. Depends on how you feel.

When you stop, you decondition for at least nine days, then start over with 15 reps, and increase all your rep maxes by 10 lbs or so.

SWOLE
02-28-2003, 02:16 PM
mmmm... I love japanese foooooooood!!!!
Nice diet, it looks good to me!
nice job on the squats and lunges! I hate it when girls wont do them because they are only cardio bunnies...

Tryska
02-28-2003, 02:25 PM
yeah actully i've been noticing quite a few women at my gym are squatting with a bb these days. i think it's cool as hell. we still ahve a lot of carido bunnies tho.

WillKuenzel
02-28-2003, 02:27 PM
As many years as I have been going to my gym I have only seen one (maybe 2) girls squatting. And a whole big zero ever deadlifting.

I need to change gyms.

Tryska
02-28-2003, 02:38 PM
i can think of 5 or 6 that i have seen all time at this gym and 2 that i have seen doing it regularly, (besides me).

as for deadlifting, i'm the only one who deadlifts there. (and i use a trap-bar)

SWOLE
02-28-2003, 03:11 PM
i posted another pic for you...

Tryska
03-01-2003, 06:43 PM
yay! thanks for the calves!! :hello:

right...so i didn't actually get out of work last night til 7-ish. I wa son the fence about going out, so i said to myself, self..if you go to the gym, and do your workout, then you amy go out to play, if you feel up to it.

so that's what i did. (didn't want that mini-thin to go to waste anyways) I tried the first workout for HST, and i think i mighta did soem of it wrong. WHilst i liek the idea, i think this workout may be a tad bit too complicated for me. Perhaps I can come up with on my own...or maybe do the push/pull light day/heavy day routine that i posted in training....anyways, here goes:

Lunges - 45x15x2
Squats - 45x15x2
Ham Curls - 10x15x2
SLDL - 45x15x2
Assisted Chin - 50x15x2
Bench - 20x15x2
Flyes - 15x15x2
Calves - 50x15x2

I sweated a lot, and it was kinda fun and kinda wussy-ish at the same time, cuz i was lifting so light. Anyways....I'll have to think on this.

SO i went out last night, and the adventures just started. Went to my uual place but the pool table is gone, as they are renovating or some crap. But a lot of the people i like were out and about so i spent my time chit-chatting, until finally one of my buddied from alabama showed up. He and i have these really intense intellectual conversations, so i was glad to see him. We clowned around for a while just busting on people and things, interspersed witht he usual biochemistry, philosophy talk. then this incredibly pissy drunk dude came up and told one of the guys who work there that he was missing his friend and he needed to look for him. I'm kinda notorious for helping the funny, confused drunks out and getting themselves back together. So Seth asked me if i would accompany this guy ont he search for his friend.....so i wa slike, yeah, i'll help him cuz it will keep me amused...

so anyways, this guy is just mumbling all kidns of crap, about his friend jack, and he needs to find him and he's worried about him, and i'm pretty and he's known jack since 1973. I wasn't really paying attention to the mumbling because i'm trying to get a description of jack...then i swear to god this guy offerred me a 100buck to spend the night with him. I didn't fully comprehend at first cuz i was having difficulty making sense of the conversation, and then he kinda clarifies a bit more. I was like :eek: dude...i ain't for sale. he wa slike oh sorry, i didn't mean to offend you, and i'm a nice guy, and i was like..do i look like a hooker to you? and he says no, but i jsut thought maybe if i gave you some money you'd wanna hang out. I wa slike whatever. Well anyways we couldn't find jack, so i dropped hm back off at his table, and he puts 5 bucks in my hand and says i'm sorry, i didn't mean to make you feel wierd, here take this. i said i didn't want it, but then he got all boisterous, and insistent, so i figured instead of makign a scene, i would just take it, and say thank you.

so i get back to my friends and they were like what was that all about, and i tell them, and they busted out laughing and picked on me for the rest of the night. anyways, my friend from alabama decided he needed to go to the after-hours to meet somebody there, and asked me to go with and keep him company. so we managed to catch part of the drag show at backstreet and do a lot of talking and see and be seen type crap whilst waiting for his friend to show. I didn't get in til 6am.

Slept for 6 hours and woke up at noon to go to work. I was actually feeling real good, but i lied about only doing it once night a week. I'm going out again tonight, cuz i gotta. My boss at the gym wants me to go to backstreet again with a bunch of our coworkers, around 1am. I'm not particularly feeling up to it, and really would have rather stayed home tonight, but he really wants me to go and even let me off work an housr early, so that i could get dressed and be fabulous. literally...that was his exact words. So me and my firned will be making our rounds earlier this evenng before she and i go up there. We promised we'd be in by 4:30am. Wish me luck. i think i am going to wear my pimphat out tonight seeing as it's mardi-gras weekend and all.

that's it..i know it's super long, but if you bothered to read it all, thank you! :thumbup:

Tryska
03-02-2003, 01:27 PM
wow. last night was a long long night. we did get in by 4:30 am tho, but then stayed up watching "Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood" so technically i didn't get to bed til like 6.

umm...basically it took me an hour just to pick an outfit, because i was so discombobulated all day. I did two bad things since friday, and I need to not do them again.

1. I relied on ephedrine and various variations of it to keep me going and to keep me from crashing for 48 hours.

2. I did not eat all day yesterday. My exact diet is as follows:

1 cup of coffee with half and half
1 24oz smoothie concotion with 22g protein
1 stoli raspberry and sprite

not good. and i need to never do that again. anyways, we went and made our rounds. I did wear the pimphat, and the masses loved it. highlight of the evening was meeting some stripper chick who was just thrilled to see me for some reason...i guess she just dug the whole pimp-look. (ok and she was drunk off her ass). She introduced me to this guy, who i've seen around the scene. Turns out he's a chiropractor, and he's from up north as well, so we bonded, and spent a long while talking. I'm glad i met him, cuz as soon as he decides to start his practice, i'm gonna become his patient i think. hat was the highlight. oh and dancing in front of a mirror at backstreets, and having my homegirl give me lightshows for an hour. (it's amazing how sleep and food deprivation can make you feel quite trippy). So i can at least not feel guilty, because i got cardio in too. The rest of my coworkers are dorks. except for the fabulous Cory-san. but he was mostly off whoring last night, as he is leaving soon and is basically having his last hurrah in Atlanta. I'm sure they all thought i was totally anti-social, which i was, i guess. A wide-brimmed hat is excellent for when you want to be out and about and fabulous, and have no one talk to you. it's better than shades for keeping eye-contact ot a minimum. *lol* By the end of the night, i was totally cracked-out, and the smallest tasks were confusing. I think the dancing was the last straw. Anyways, we ran into my new chiropractor friend, at the after-hours, but he was coming in as we were leaving, so it was just a quick hi-bye. Ont he way home i finally got my appeite back, but the only place open at 4 in the morning was Steak and Shake, so igot a bacon cheeseburger and onion rings, and gave the soda to my friend. It felt good eating, but my belly wasn't happy to be shocked with solid food after so slong without. Ah well, such is life.

went to sleep prolly about 6-ish, woke up at noon, and took the kitty to the vet. he of course, decided to pee all over himself in the little cardboard kitty carrier, so at the moment he is getting a bath and a massage and hopefully will be more relieved to see me in a couple hours than angry that i took him. who knows. I'll jsut be extra-nice to him, because he and i are gonna ahve to go on a pilling adventure twice a day for the next 2 weeks. woo-f*ckin-hoo. I'm so not looking forward to that. Ooh, reminds me i gotta get peanut butter.

anyway, that's that. hasta manana.

Saint Patrick
03-02-2003, 04:08 PM
Supercircuit 3: 3 circuits
Horizontal Row - 55x10
Soupcans - 10x10
Shrugs - 95x12

ok I gotta ask.....WTF are Soupcans?

Miss Rezza
03-03-2003, 01:05 AM

I did wear the pimphat, and the masses loved it. A wide-brimmed hat is excellent for when you want to be out and about and fabulous, and have no one talk to you.

LOL!! I'm definitely gonna have to get me my very own pimp-hat one of these days!! Sounds like fun! :p

Oh and tsk tsk Tryska!! tuttut ....... EAT!!

xraygirl
03-03-2003, 03:04 AM
Did you wear cool sunglasses with said pimp-hat?

Tryska
03-03-2003, 08:02 AM
nah..i think if i'd worn sunglasses x, i woulda really looked cracked out. actually if i had a pair of those new light-colored ones with a small frame, i might have, but all i've got are really dark balck ones. that owulda been too much. I woulda wound up looking like a blind blues singer instead i think.

and rezza....do it!! i'm telling you, it works wonders. and yes, i'm back to eating agian, it's a challenge but i'm doing it.

patrick....not sure how to explain them, but you take soem relatively light dbs and do kinda like the upperbody part of a jumping jack with them. not even sure what they work to be honest.

Isaac Wilkins
03-03-2003, 08:21 AM
The "pimp hat" reminds me of a funny observation by a stand up comedian I once saw:

"Why is it, when a black guy wears a cowboy hat to a club, he's playa-play? When a white guy wears a cowboy hat to a club, he's trying to be Garth Brooks! I don't wanna be no Garth Brooks, I wanna be playa-play!"

:cry:

:D

I have a pimp hat, too. It's an old school Zoot hat. :cool:

Isaac Wilkins
03-03-2003, 08:22 AM
Oh yeah, nice workouts, too! ;)

Tryska
03-03-2003, 08:55 AM
*lol* there were a couple people wearing cowboy hats...one black guy and a white guy. they both looked like dorks tho.

here's is my pimphat: http://www.phatpimpclothing.com/hi/phatpimp/getzebrasugardaddy.html

Isaac Wilkins
03-03-2003, 09:13 AM
Sweet! I'd let you pimp-slap me most any time if you were wearing that. ;)

Tryska
03-03-2003, 09:16 AM
*lmao* i'm all aboout a good pimp-slap or two.

Isaac Wilkins
03-03-2003, 12:36 PM
*lmao* i'm all aboout a good pimp-slap or two.

"imagines self being slapped around by a small Indian girl screaming 'Where my money at, ho!'"'

"Enjoys every second" :D

Tryska
03-03-2003, 01:47 PM
*lmao*

nice.

carolinagirl
03-03-2003, 02:16 PM
I miss living in Georgia. :cry:

Everybody dresses all kinds of fabulous down there and nobody thinks twice about it. I used to wear a black geisha girl wig out to the bars in Athens - nobody ever batted an eyelash. I've gone out in a vintage floor length strapless gown; a black patent leather bra and spiked dog collar; a TINY furry leopard-skin halter top; a bugle beaded bustier with cone-shaped Madonna boobs (and velcro down the sides; I think it was a stripper's!) - the list could go on for miles. Oh man, I miss those days.

North Carolina is SO damn conservative (and I'm only talking about fashion here!) Perhaps now you see why I'm living vicariously through your journal. Please, for the love of God, keep giving me glimpses of that big world out there where people wear fabulous pimphats out every night.

(The hat is fierce, by the way.)

Tryska
03-03-2003, 02:40 PM
*lol* thanks girlie!

i totally understand what you mean tho. I mean part of the fun of going out on weekends for me, is putting on the drag. it's like a ritual.

your clubclothes sound badass, btw.

i think the coolest thing saturday night, was here i was in my drag, dancing on one of the side-stages overlookign the main dancefloor, and next to me on one side is this little japanese girl with bright blue hair, and "the glowstick guy", who's basically this extremely tall man, and he was wearing a gold sequined tuxedo jacket and a top-hat, and he would break out these big handfuls of glow necklaces, get the crowd hyped by doing a quasi-lightshow to the bass beat, and then tossing them at the crowd and then bringing out glow-sticks and kinda flinging them real quick to the people up front...all of this under just blacklights. it was the coolest thing to be watching.

and oh speaking of stripper clothes, girl i had happened to be over at Cheetah (don't ask, it was actually for work) and they ahd a STORE where you could by all kinds of clothes, i think it was for the girls to get there outfits. they had some WICKED clothes there. unfrotunately i didn't have moeny on me, but they had some great stuff in velvet.

Tryska
03-05-2003, 08:09 AM
woohoo...trained last night....i still ahven't decided on a routine, so i am doing an interim 3 day split now. i also did 1 mile on the treadie as a warmup.

Chest:
Bench - 45w/u; 65x10x2
Pushups - 10 (girlie) x2
Flyes - 45x10x2
Pressdowns - 45x20x2 (1 set shortbar, 1 set rope)

that's about it....

food was okay:

M2: fish taco salad
M3: orange, Metrx MRD shake
M4: sweet and sour chicken, fried rice, egg roll (this is where it got sketchy. :( )

fuzz
03-05-2003, 09:28 AM
So you're not going with HST? After all that help I gave you?

:eek: :cry: :cry: :cry:

;)

Tryska
03-05-2003, 09:30 AM
i gave it a shot fuzz.....but i started doing all my planning and it just got way too complicated.

perhaps i'll jsut do a fullbody routine 4 days a week. what do you think?

Isaac Wilkins
03-05-2003, 09:31 AM
i gave it a shot fuzz.....but i started doing all my planning and it just got way too complicated.

How are you going to get to 200 pounds doing that at 90% intensity?:scratch: Your recovery time will be shot.

j/k

Tryska
03-05-2003, 09:34 AM
200? my aim is 350. ;)

anyways, i know this is gonna sound like blasphemy but i'm thinkin of a high rep scheme like 12-15, minimal rest in between sets. basically the old "cuttign routine".

why you ask? it makes me bust a sweat better than traditional cardio, and i like it, so why not use it for it's calorie-burning qualities. not necessarily to put muscle on, or take muscle off. jsut for calorie burning.

Isaac Wilkins
03-05-2003, 09:36 AM
:eek:

The last time I did 10-15 reps of just about anything I was eating.

BCC
*Lurks*

It's official! Tryska's become a toner!

fuzz
I think full body 3x a week would be great. Four times a week would be tough unless you really watch your volume. Maybe for four times a week you would go 2 light/2 heavy days...and stop before failure on all sets. You are trying to cut right now, right?

Tryska
03-05-2003, 09:37 AM
shut up chase! :(

seriously tho. i like lifting weights. i don't liek doing cardio. i need to be doing something carido like. i've got a decent muscle base. why the hell not?

BCC
03-05-2003, 09:39 AM
Lol. I don't think she was serious about full body 4 time a week ...if so... :hide:

Tryska
03-05-2003, 09:40 AM
yeah, i am fuzz...you posted while i was replying to chase.

i was kicking around the 2 light/2 heavy days too. however i didn't really wanna split on a push/pull. the way i look at it at soem poitn during the week, etither the push or the pull will suffer.

so 2 heavy/2 light full body's would be better thant 4 light full bodys?

althought 3 realtively light full bodies could be fit into my schedule too.

Isaac Wilkins
03-05-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by BigChaseyChase
Lol. I don't think she was serious about full body 4 time a week ...if so... :hide:

I didn't either, that's why I made the joke. If so, dizamn (in my best Bernie Mac).

Tryska
03-05-2003, 09:44 AM
why is that so scary?

i mean a full body to me:

squat
bench
flye
chin
row
rdl
calf raise
bicep curl
tricep extension
abs

2 sets of 12-15 for each.

doesn't seem like a whole heck of a lot of volume.

fuzz
03-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Yeah I think 2 light 2 heavy would work okay. There are people on the HST boards who are doing full body 6 times a week just fine, you just have to be careful with volume and avoid failure. Its a problem for some guys cuz they have to get over the whole macho so-intense-you-puke workouts, but once they do they usually realize killing yourself every workout is counter productive.

You, being female (ie smarter), don't have that macho problem, so it will probably be easier. =)

Couple things, tho: make sure and centralize your carb intake around your workouts - pre and post. You'll need em if you are dieting. Also, try and set up some sort of progression - ie adding 5 lbs every workout on the heavy days. This would necessitate starting below your max, of course.

yeah, i am fuzz...you posted while i was replying to chase.

i was kicking around the 2 light/2 heavy days too. however i didn't really wanna split on a push/pull. the way i look at it at soem poitn during the week, etither the push or the pull will suffer.

so 2 heavy/2 light full body's would be better thant 4 light full bodys?

althought 3 realtively light full bodies could be fit into my schedule too.

Tryska
03-05-2003, 09:46 AM
yeah, i'm doing that now (the carb centralization thing) and i would still progress. if i didn't eventually i jsut wouldn't work up a sweat, you know what i mean?

Tryska
03-05-2003, 10:02 AM
here's an article that briefly outlines my current thinking. let me know what you think:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/benblack1.htm

Delphi
03-05-2003, 06:53 PM
:spam:

Robert
03-06-2003, 06:25 AM
Hey Tryska,

I think doing full body routines a great idea. Only and its only a suggestion cause i do it too and it works well for me; is that i recommend you do only 3 full body workouts a week instead of 4. Train MON,WED,FRID or any other combination. Just make sure you get a rest day between workouts.

I train this way and it works great. I'm training using high reps at the moment 12-15 reps and the most sets i do for each exercise is 3. On some exercises i only do 1 set. If you haven't done this routine before your strength should gain rapidly from workout to workout. You might feel abit sore after your first workout but after your second, your body kinda gets accustomed to it and the pain of aching muscles disappears.

Any questions, just ask, ok. By the way, don't think doing 5 sets of an exercise will be more productive than just doing 2 or 3. if your doing high reps, stick with fewer sets. If doing heavy weights in the 3 rep range then maybe do 5 sets. Hope this helps. If not, then who cares, ha,ha! Goodluck,

Robert

Tryska
03-06-2003, 08:36 AM
I lvoe working at a gym.....guess who got free tickets Front and Center for Cirque De Soleil last night? That's right...ME! Actually, Jo got them, but then she asked me to go with, because I love Cirque De Soleil. This show was absolutely beautiful and the people never cease to amaze me with the strength it takes to do the stuff they do. Costumes were beautiful, much prettier to me then the ones in Quidam in Orlando, and it was all in all just an amazing fun time. We may get to go to the Cast Party tonight too. Maybe I'll run off with the man on the flying trapeze. :eek:

okay, he's prolly gay, but i'll give it a shot anyways. *lol*

Robert - thank you so much for your advice. I've actually taken this routine from dave drapers site, and I think this is gonna be ideal for me:

ENTIRE BODY PROGRAM
MONDAY/WEDNESDAY/FRIDAY
MID SECTION & AEROBIC WORK
10 minutes of interval cardio
Crunches, Leg Raises, Hyperextensions

CHEST
Dumbbell Chest Press (2x10-12)
Cable Crossovers, Pec Dec or Incline Flys (2x10-12)

BACK
Wide Grip Pulldown (2x12)
Seated Lat Row (2x10-12)

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Shoulder Press (2x10-12)

BICEPS
Barbell Curls (2x10-12)

TRICEPS
Triceps Press Machine or bench dips (2x10-12)
Pulley Pushdown (2x12)

LEGS
Leg Press or Squats (2x15)
Semi-stiff Legged Deadlifts (2x15)
Leg Curl (2x10-12)
Calf Raises (2x20)

what are your thoughts?

carolinagirl
03-06-2003, 08:47 AM
Well, try it for a week or so and see how you react - that's the only real way to judge it. But it sounds relatively reasonable (if you're not going to be working near-max weights!)

Have fun at the Cirque. I'm jealous.

Tryska
03-06-2003, 11:55 AM
I think i'll react pretty well to it. I'm do real good with low-volume, and not a lot of exercises. and definitely better with a routine that incorporates a lot of different muscles in one fell swoop. the only thig i'm really concerned about is not being able to make time to go 3 times a week. that's where this routine is ambitious. but i'll jsut have to figure out a way to stick to it.

xraygirl
03-06-2003, 04:28 PM
This is totally weird because I'm moving to the same type of thing and the routine that I put together by myself is virtually identical to the on Draper (my idol) has on his board. The only real differences are that I'm also doing Zottman Curls for the Bi's and adding leg extensions. Other than that, the same.

Tryska
03-07-2003, 07:51 AM
yeah about the only change i'm going to make is the back section, making it chins and horizontal rows as they both work me well.

it's funny you are going to the same thing. it just makes sense to me now that i'm detrained and so busy. a low-volume extremely draining routine just doesn't sound appealing when you are at the end of a 12 or 14 hour workday.

anyways last night i got in a quick workout:

10 minutes cardio ont he elliptical and real short leg routine. i have a logn day ahead of me as we are moving offices in 2 weeks, and the furniture goes today. what does that mean? It means i will be spending this friday night hauling computer equipment off desks, out of the way of movers and back onto makeshift tables. so I figure that will be plenty of back work. I trained chest the other day, and i didn't want to tax my low back too much, sicne i will ened it today so here is the quick workout:

Legs:
squats - w/u 45x15; 65x15x2 (as low as i could go)
Leg Curls - w/u 10x15; 25x15x2 (pause at the top)
calves - 50x15x2

diet yesterday was fair to middling, although i've been quite hungry lately:

m1: eggs, bacon, oats
m2: jappanese food again - miso soup, salad w/ginger dressing, teriyaki chicken, and california rolls
m3: smoked almonds
m4: myoplex ready-to-drink
m5: sesame sticks w/peanut butter. (this meal i kinda fell off the wagon - i was supposed ot have a green salad and sardine, but i wasn't hungry when i got back from training, and then when i got hungry i got too hungry and the salad seemed like way too much effort. another case for pre-cooking my meals at least for dinner. )

Robert
03-07-2003, 08:52 AM
Hey tryska,

I'd only do 1 set of the seated lat rows, one all out set for as many reps as you can do, aim for 15 and then try and and get more, more, and more until you can't move the weight.

Also only do 1 set of the stiff leg deadlifts. trust me, thats all you need. 1 all out set. Your concentration will be so strong cause of the 1 set that you will be able to go all out. Aim for 20 reps. just go straight into your heaviest weight for 20 reps. Your back will be warmed up from the leg press or the squats, whatever you decide to do.

And when you do your legs, maybe place squats on MOn and FRID but do leg presses on WED every week. That way your doing both. Hope this helps, keep it up,

Robert

Tryska
03-07-2003, 08:58 AM
thanks for the tips robert. however, i'm not a big fan of leg press, so i think maybe i will use barbell lunges instead.

Robert
03-07-2003, 09:40 AM
Thats fine Tryska, whatever you feel comfortable with. the lunges will help your squats too. Good combination.

Robert

Tryska
03-07-2003, 09:45 AM
hee hee thanks. Leg press has never done much for me. but lunges obn the other hand....*lol* i love what they do for my glutes.

Robert
03-07-2003, 10:01 AM
Yer i would do them too if it wasn't for my left knee. But when my knee feels better, i'll be including the lunges into my workouts as well. They are really good, especially if you can work up to a heavy weight for say 15 reps.

Robert

Tryska
03-07-2003, 10:09 AM
what did you do to your knee?

galileo
03-07-2003, 10:50 AM
My lower back is bad so db lunges are a life saver.

B4mb00 is teh w0rk of teh j3sus.

Tryska
03-07-2003, 10:57 AM
bamboo?

BCC
03-07-2003, 11:03 AM
i love what they do for my glutes.

:drooling: Me too

Tryska
03-07-2003, 11:06 AM
*lol*

love what they do for your glutes too, sunshine.

speaking of glutes, i need to start being careful. they seem to be getting in me in as much trouble as the hooters do. except ass-men are much stranger then breast men.

xraygirl
03-07-2003, 07:20 PM
I like lunges too. Great lower body exercise. The leg press has it's uses. I prefer to use that for calve raises instead of standing. Takes the pressure off of my back.

Robert
03-07-2003, 08:59 PM
Hi tryska, just logged on,

Eh, my knee kinda began getting sore whenever i did heavy squats. I felt alot of pressure build up in my left knee whenever i did any more than 5 reps with a really heavy weight. It still bothers me a little bit but so far this week, my knees have been fine. Fell great. Even got a new 'PR' in the squat and leg press.
COOL HUH!

Robert

carolinagirl
03-07-2003, 09:14 PM
speaking of glutes, i need to start being careful. they seem to be getting in me in as much trouble as the hooters do. except ass-men are much stranger then breast men.

I miss my hooters. :cry: Somebody should invent something like the opposite of Lipoderm. You could rub it on in areas where you DON'T want to lose bodyfat.

New clothes because I am shrinking = good.
New bras because I am shrinking = rotten. :(

(And you're right. The ass-men are weird.)

(LOL. The ass-men. That conjures up a mental image of a vast underground army of short, round, pale, hairy guys that are just giant asses with legs and arms - they would look kind of like 'humpy', or the animated M&M's on tv, except the ass-men would be hairy, and have a big crack running down their middle. Heh heh. That would be pretty funny. And also gross.)

Isaac Wilkins
03-07-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by carolinagirl

(LOL. The ass-men. That conjures up a mental image of a vast underground army of short, round, pale, hairy guys that are just giant asses with legs and arms - they would look kind of like 'humpy', or the animated M&M's on tv, except the ass-men would be hairy, and have a big crack running down their middle. Heh heh. That would be pretty funny. And also gross.)

:cry:

Tryska
03-07-2003, 10:20 PM
*lol* i think the kids in the hall had a skit about a family of assheads. or was it in living color? i can't remember.

cg - you know what my irony is? i lost a bunch of fat and went up a cup size. :( ( i should prolly be thrilled, but i'm not. i'd actually like to lose some there too, otherwise if i ever get pregnant i might tip over)

robert - do you think it was your stance possibly?

Tryska
03-07-2003, 10:49 PM
oh - i might as well go ahead and update my journal too, since i'm still up and awake.

i can tell i've been training because my appetite is insane. i must be making up for last weekends starvation. I did horrendously today too, cuz i was so hungry.

umm...I woke up starving, so i had my usual brekkie, then things went downhill from there. 2 hours later, i was hungry again, so i ate lunch - i couldn't go out, because we were sneaking off to the movies so i had to eat at the cafe at work. thye try their best, but they have crap as far as nutrtion goes. I had a tuna melt with bacon. then we went to the movies. I knew we wouldn't get to eat til later so I had kit kat bites and a cherry coke for the sugar rush and carb energy to do the crap we had to do.

we got back just in time to start hauling equipment. i actually got a lot of compliments from the movers and our lead guy on how strong i am, cuz i was able to hang with the rest of them. that made me feel good. we did that for about 4 hours, and then we got pizza. i had three slices and a mountain do. then we hauled sh*t around for another 3 hours.

so to recap:

M2: tuna melt w/bacon and a pickle
m3: kit kat pieces and a cherry coke
m4: 3 slices of pizza

i'm over it.

i did get a hell of a pull routine tho. lots of pulling, and rowing.

carolinagirl
03-07-2003, 10:52 PM
i lost a bunch of fat and went up a cup size.

Damn you. Damn you to hell.

I think I've lost 2 cup sizes. I've never been below a C since puberty till now - I'm afraid to see what'll be left when I get down to 16%.
On the bright side, you can see my pecs really well! :rolleyes:

Maybe I should find me a rich boyfriend to buy me some new titties. :cry: :cry: :cry:

PowerManDL
03-07-2003, 10:55 PM
I gained a buncha fat and went up a cup size.

carolinagirl
03-07-2003, 10:58 PM
We're talking about hooters here, PowerMan. Not jockstraps.

PowerManDL
03-07-2003, 11:00 PM
Yes.......of course..............:hide:

Robert
03-08-2003, 06:11 AM
Yer i mighty have been Tryska,

I was using a shoulder width stance. Then i was told to try using a wider than shoulder width stance and it helped. It took alot of pressure off my left knee but i dropped alot of weight on the squat as a result. But if your not use to using a wide stance then i was told that would happen. So i kinda expected it to happen. However it ended up that my knee got sore again not painfully sore but enough for me to take a few days off from leg training.

Now though all of a sudden the pain has gone, touch wood. I'm still using a wide stance and i've got my strength right back up which is great.

What stance do you use at the moment?

Robert

Tryska
03-10-2003, 08:01 AM
well that is about what i do. Being a female, we have to worry about patello-femoral syndrome because our hips are wider. I basically use almost a sumo stance. much wider than my shoulders. I do have to work up in weights slowly tho, because if i lift really heavy, i tend to want to buckle my knees in, and that's not good. it's almost a plie squat type form, but i don't point my toes way out.

dl - i think you've got pretty titties now.

cg - nothing wrong with getting a new set installed. i've often thought about getting these taken out and installing a new set of exactly the same size so that then i could go braless and wear cute little tops.

Paul Stagg
03-10-2003, 08:24 AM
Getting pregnant will lower your center of gravity. You'll be fine, from a stability standpoint.

carolinagirl
03-10-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Paul Stagg
Getting pregnant will lower your center of gravity. You'll be fine, from a stability standpoint.

???
Is there something you'd like to tell us, T?

Tryska
03-10-2003, 08:31 AM
well alrighty. thanks for the info paulie!

Tryska
03-10-2003, 08:32 AM
*lol* i ain't preggers if that's what your getting at.

carolinagirl
03-10-2003, 08:42 AM
I didn't think you were.

Maybe he means you should get pregnant to help your squat form!!!

Relentless
03-10-2003, 08:43 AM
cg - nothing wrong with getting a new set installed. i've often thought about getting these taken out and installing a new set of exactly the same size so that then i could go braless and wear cute little tops.

sure they'll LOOK good

but the tactile value goes right down the drain... :D

on behalf of your future lovers, I implore you to stay natty. ;)

Tryska
03-10-2003, 08:48 AM
baha. i don't have the money to spend on a new set anyways. i'ma ctually quite proud of my natural assets, jsut sometimes i wanna wear barely there tops and know i can't.

Relentless
03-10-2003, 08:54 AM
baha. i don't have the money to spend on a new set anyways. i'ma ctually quite proud of my natural assets, jsut sometimes i wanna wear barely there tops and know i can't.

The Answer: Stick-On Cups
(possibly not a worksafe link...)
http://www.finestlingerie.com/shop/viewproduct.php?pid=268

Tryska
03-10-2003, 08:56 AM
ummm..cute, but i don't think it will work for me. thanks for the link tho. ;)

Relentless
03-10-2003, 08:58 AM
don't underestimate 'em.... the missus uses them with great success for backless/tiny tops when she gets the urge and she's a C+ or so.

The real downside is that they're one-shot products.

Tryska
03-10-2003, 09:00 AM
oh i'm not underestimating....it's jsut that i don't think they will fit. don't want to go into much more detail then that, tho.

Relentless
03-10-2003, 09:08 AM
I see

( :hump: )

;)

Tryska
03-10-2003, 09:21 AM
so you say. imo it sucks. :(

carolinagirl
03-10-2003, 03:17 PM
They hurt like HOLY HELL to pull off, too. I used to use them once in a while. Back when I had boobs.

Tryska
03-10-2003, 03:28 PM
what are they stuck on with? some gluish material? are they actually stiff enough to offer support?

carolinagirl
03-10-2003, 03:44 PM
The stickum is sort of like a combination of a big giant band-aid and a Biore pore cleaner strip.

No, if you need any anti-gravity action at all they are not for you. Small C and below, they're probably ok. (They sort of stop the side-to-side jiggling, but don't offer any of what I'd call support.)

Tryska
03-10-2003, 03:45 PM
dammit. i'm cursed.

carolinagirl
03-10-2003, 03:52 PM
Pass some of that curse on over here, sister.

Tryska
03-10-2003, 03:54 PM
*lol* if i could you could gladly have a cup size or 2....

GIS
03-10-2003, 06:16 PM
lol.... I was reading your convorsation about the female breasts here and though Carolinagirl was Galileo because of the avatar. As you can imagine, when I read the following I became rather frightened before noticing it wasn't him:

They hurt like HOLY HELL to pull off, too. I used to use them once in a while. Back when I had boobs.

Tryska
03-11-2003, 08:12 AM
well now that would have been a really interesting conversation.

anyways yesterday was a really good day.

diet:
M2: falafel, hummus, pita bread, and greek salad. yum!
m3: myoplex rtd
m4: corned beef and cabbage

training:

10 minutes walk/jog interval on treadie

Bench: 45x12 w/u; 65x10x2
Flyes: 45x10x2
Assisted Chin: 80x10; 70x10
Horinzontal Row: 45x10; 65x10
Shoulder Press: 30x10x2
Curl: 20x20
Pressdown: 40x20
Squat: 75x15x2
SLDL: 75x15x2
Leg Curl: 20x10x2
Calf Raise: 50x20

this routine was kinda long, but good. A lot of the time was jsut weaiting for assfaces to get off of equipment. I'll be so happy when the new years people are all the way gone.

I'm gonna create an alternate fullbody version to use next time, with some different exercises in it, for variety. My weights were pretty low as i'ms till getting use to the higher rep scheme. Plus, i lost a bit of strength with my rather long hiatus.

that's that.

WillKuenzel
03-11-2003, 08:16 AM
this routine was kinda long, but good. A lot of the time was jsut weaiting for assfaces to get off of equipment. I'll be so happy when the new years people are all the way gone.

The problem with this time of year is either kids coming in getting ready for spring break or by the time people quit coming for New Year's resolutions the summer crowd starts rolling in. I'll be happier towards the end of the summer when its just the dedicated in there.

Tryska
03-11-2003, 08:24 AM
yeah that's true. although allt he realyl cute boys ar ein now as well, cutting up for the summer. but even they are the regular dedicated ones that come in regularly. they just happen to be here even more becauser they are cutting now, and i really have no problem with that. *lol*

carolinagirl
03-11-2003, 09:00 AM
Yes, there are lots of cute boys even in my geriatric gym as well.

But they're still in my way.

Reinier
03-11-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
I gained a buncha fat and went up a cup size.

:withstupi

Tryska
03-11-2003, 09:12 AM
Yes, there are lots of cute boys even in my geriatric gym as well.

But they're still in my way.

yeah, but mine are regulars, and some of the nicest people. thye always offer to spot me, or let me work in. I always feel bad tho, cuz they are these big hulking boys, and i hate to have to go through the drama of racking and unracking. so the only time i will work in is if it's dumbbell work and we are sharing a bench.

it's the outsiders i can't stand. i'm waiting for their motivation to fizzle out. :rolleyes:

Tryska
03-11-2003, 09:20 AM
okay, so i've jsut come up with an alternate full-body, let me know what you think:

Incline Bench:10x2
Bench Dips:10x2

Cable Pullover: 10x2
Cable Row: 10x2

Lunges: 15x2
Good Mornings:15x2
Step-Ups: 15x2

Shrugs: 10x2
Lateral Raise: 10x2 (might superset these)
French Press: 20x1
Hammer Curls:20x1

*awaits the wbb seal of approval*

BCC
03-11-2003, 09:26 AM
*Approves*

Actually, it doesn't look half bad to me at all.

But I think if you threw in a BB row, you could ditch the shrugs and hit a little more rear delt at the same time.

Tryska
03-11-2003, 09:34 AM
w00+!! the big hunk a man approves of my workout!!! :clap:

hee hee.....

I've already got a horizontal row in version 1 of the fullbody. I kinda threw the shrugs into this version so i could get some direct trap work in (without going the whole deadlift route). Also wanted to de-emphasize low-back on this workout as well.

BCC
03-11-2003, 09:36 AM
;)

carolinagirl
03-11-2003, 09:41 AM
Looks pretty good to me - except maybe I would do bench/incline bench in the other one (the first one) and do flye motions in the second one (flat/incline or db/pec deck). And you might could add in leg extensions in one or the other (unless you have some sort of knee issues that I don't know about). Also, I like bb pullovers better than cable - but that's just personal preference.

There's only a handful of cuties at my gym that are also serious trainers - (actually, there's only a handful of serious trainers, period). These guys I talk to, work in with, ask for spots, etc. They rule.

The rest of the cuties travel in packs of 3-6 and take up the barbell benches for a long long time. Cute, but stoopid. And young. And skinny. I think some of these boys are a little scared of me - as well they should be! ;) I'm kind of bitchy and unapproachable when I'm working out b/c I hate getting hit on in the gym. (Except by a select few of the aforementioned serious trainers - mmmm...)

Tryska
03-11-2003, 09:48 AM
*lol* i know the feeling. I've actually got one guy that i ahve a running joke with about my random bitchiness when bothered during training. of course now he catcalls me at the top of a rep and whatnot, but it's hard tog et mad at him. esepcially sine he looks like a big buff justin timberlake with a rock hard...umm. anyways....

i like bb pullovers too, but i ahve this nasty habit of letting my abs get in the way and getting a better ab workout then lat workout, so i use the cable and just focus on lats.

bench is my weakest exercise, well next to chins :rolleyes:. i'm worried that if i put incline and regular flat bench in the same workout one or the other is gonna suffer.

oh and leg extensions definitely f*ck with my knees. I try to stay away from most machines, but i finally found a leg curl machine that doesn't tweak my knee so i use that for additional hamstring work.

Reinier
03-11-2003, 10:08 AM
lol@ big bad buff justin timberlake.
kind of an oxymoron really. but i suppose why not. does he look funny\?

Tryska
03-11-2003, 10:18 AM
well he is sorta dorky, but that's a family thing. his brother is gorgeous and dorky too. it's a damn shame really.

WillKuenzel
03-11-2003, 10:20 AM
Gorgeous dorks, huh? What's the world coming to?

Eye candy is always nice though.

Tryska
03-11-2003, 10:23 AM
yeah it confuses me, because they are basically attractive, but then they are dorky. which is why i could never date either of them (the older brother i prefer), but they are always nice to flirt with.

(you should see the whole family tho - they look like a bunch of carnies when they all get together. :eek: )

PowerManDL
03-11-2003, 10:24 AM
Does that mean they have big teeth?

Tryska
03-11-2003, 10:29 AM
no....they are just not altogether smooth. hard to put my finger on it...they are jsut..dorky.

Reinier
03-11-2003, 10:41 AM
lol.

Tryska
03-12-2003, 09:41 AM
right, so i did quite badly last night. this ramped up training has done wonders for my metabolism but now i am hungry all the time. I hadn't planned ahead yesterday afternoon, so i wound up having reeses peanut butter cups from my coworkers drawer for a snack. (i asked him first).

well that was a long slippery slope. I wound up binging on evil carby goodness (doritos and zingers) for dinner last night. okay it wasn't a real binge, but it was much mroe sugar then i needed. :( i'm disappointed in myself, and it feels much like an addicition. i literaly feel like i fell off the wagon and into carbalicious oblivion.

in other news, i've got a new companion for my weekend adventures. the guy i went to backstreet with 2 weeks ago. He's comign into town this weekend and wants to run the streets and visit the usual haunts. should be an adventure.

galileo
03-12-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by GIS
lol.... I was reading your convorsation about the female breasts here and though Carolinagirl was Galileo because of the avatar. As you can imagine, when I read the following I became rather frightened before noticing it wasn't him.

Muahaha! I told you we'd cause some confusion, linaG. :)

carolinagirl
03-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by galileo
I told you we'd cause some confusion

...and this one literally couldn't have been better if we had planned it.

i wound up having reeses peanut butter cups from my coworkers drawer for a snack. (i asked him first).

For some reason I find that little (i asked him first) hilarious.

(Kind of makes me wonder what would've happened to the poor guy's reeses if he hadn't been at his desk st the EXACT MOMENT when you wanted them....:D)

Tryska
03-13-2003, 07:58 AM
*lol* actually it's pretty funny......when i am pms'ing, i attack him around 2pm with "Josh...sugar..i need sigar, you got sugar?!"

he's always "of course i have sugar for you honey. here." he's an enabler.

i have ransacked his drawers before tho. *lol*

SO last night I trained. it was loads o' fun...i wrote a song about it...wanna hear it? here it goes....

(okay so there really is no song, but whatever)

Full Body#2:

Step-ups: 40x15x2
Superset -
Good Mornings/Lunges: 45x15x2 (holy ****, i went light because i'd never done good mornings before, and i nearly died doing this...my poor hammies. loved every minute of it tho.)

Incline DB Bench: 30x10; 40x10
Bench Dips: BWx10x2
Lateral Raises: 16x10x2
Pullovers: 40x10; 50x10
Seated Cable Row: 40x10; 60x10
Shrugs:65x10x2
French Press: 30x20
Curl: 20x20

i was otast by the time i was done, but it felt great.

Food was almost decent yesterday:
M1: oatbran bagel, eggs, bacon (the bagelw as really oaty and good)
M2: Meatball Sub, pickle
M3: Metrx RTD
M4: corned beef and cabbage

galileo
03-13-2003, 08:26 AM
SO last night I trained. it was loads o' fun...i wrote a song about it...wanna hear it? here it goes....

I love beans, WOO WOO WOO! I love beans, how 'bout you?

carolinagirl
03-13-2003, 02:07 PM
I always thought GMs hit spinal erectors. Hams, you say? You interest me strangely...

And...pack your lunch from now on, girl. ;)

Tryska
03-13-2003, 02:11 PM
beans beans, the magical fruit....errm..was that the right song?

girlie....yeah, it depends on how bent your knees are. if you keep them soft, then they tend to hit your low back more. if you keep your knees tight, you will feel it in your hams and calves.

check out exrx.net they have both on there and show the muscles worked with each version.

and you got problems with my meatball sub? *lol* i watch carbs the whole res tof the day so that i can splurge a little and be social with my workfriends.

carolinagirl
03-13-2003, 10:43 PM
No, doofus, the sub is fine.

It's the PICKLE I'm worried about.

Tryska
03-14-2003, 08:04 AM
*lol* leave the pickle alone. it was a nice counterpoint to the ooey gooey saucy bit of heaven on a roll that i was craving for 3 days before i finally got the opportunity to give in to. it's coming up on that special time. ;)

Tryska
03-15-2003, 10:29 AM
okay, let's do this in chronolgical order:

food:

M1 - Bacon, eggs, oats
M2 - Cup of Clam Chowder, Half a Tuna Salad on whole wheat, Piece of bread. Bleah.
M3 - Metrx RTD
M4 - Myoplex low-carb with OJ and a banana
M5 - ermm...french toast, bacon and sausage.

(and i was wonderign why i felt bloated all night)

Workout:
Squats - 75x15x2
SLDL - 75x15x2
Leg Curl - 20x10x2
Assisted Chins - 70x10x2
Row - 65x10x2
Bench - 45x10x2 (putting it here made me really weak - just putting up the abr was making my arms give out. might need to switch it back to jsut after legs)

Flyes - 45x10x2
Shoulder Press - 30x10x2
Concentration Curl - 20x20
Pressdows - 40x20
Calf Raises - 50x20x2

so with that out of the way let me tell you about last night.....decided to go out with a friend of mine to one of our favorite little haunts. It was relatively boring, except i did see one of my favorite partners in crime out and I haven't seen him in ages, so we got to hang out a bit. That was fun, because he's one of the most intelligent, (and vicious) people i know, he's great in small doses or you will get sucked into his black hole of negativity. So i talked to this one guy that introduced himself to me, by the name of "Carolina". (as in NC) He was trying to hit on me, but then he said something about horses eyes being the largest, and that god made them because on judgement day god will be riding a horse and that's why their eyes are so big. twas my cue to hit the ladies room. That was wierd episode #1.

Wierd episode#2 went something like this.....i'm sitting and chit-chatting with my friend, when this thug-gish looking guy comes up to me...I coudn't tell if he was spanish of some sort, or pretty fly for a white-guy, but he had a gangsta lean, and lots of silver jewelry. SO anyway he comes up to me, (we're in a predominantly gay bar, mind - the only straight people in here tend to be some of the regulars, and most of the staff, mainly because we're all intertwined in one way or the other). Anyways, this guy comes up to me and is like...."Girl, you are just foine...fly as hell...i would give you ALL my money, and i gots money. I'm straight and you are the prettiest thing in here." I was like...okay..well thank you...hey btw - where are you from? the way you are kicking your game remind me of a New Yorker. he says...."nah, i'm from North Carolina...i just got out of jail tho, and i used to hang out with a lot of New Yorkers, so maybe that's where it's from. but you are just so fly." I was like...well okay then :thumbup: and my friend is sitting ther laughing at this.....so anyways, he keeps going on, and finally i ask him - "i've ener seen you here before....if you're straight, why are you here?" so he hems and haws and just then, a friend of a mutual adoration of mine omes up. This guy si pretty good-looking and has a great personality....he just jumps in the middle of this conversation (i was thankful, but even more thnakful as it progressed...) This guy says....excuse me, can i just ask a question? your straight right? (to me) and you're straight...(to the guy)..i said yeah..and then the guy says, no...i'm bisexual. (my eyebrow raised) The guy says...you can't be bisexual man...just pick on or the other....the ex-con says...i don't want to...actually, y'all both are real fly....guy tuns to me, and he says....we're both fly....i said...word. so we're crackin up, but ex-con is kinda missing all the undertones, and he's still trying to talk us both into a threesome with him. The guy handled him, basically said no, i don't swing that way, (meaning me) and i said the magic word - "abstinent". The ex-con took off in another direction. my guess is that the ex-con was trying to hustle in the bar, because then i saw him talking to some really old really ugly fat guy, and then he left with him.

anyways...me and th guy get to talking and we had a real good conversation, and our mutual friend was thrilled to bits that we got along, and my friend developed a crush on him. That was the high point of my evening. oh wait, no it wasn't.....the true high-point came when the straightest-edge bartender (also straight, and pretty goofy) but the one that doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs, doesn't really do much of anything, apparently dosed up on something, the only thing i can think of is possibly ex, cus he was so happy, either that or he got drunk off of a shot and half-a-beer, decided to steal center stage, and do a little dance.

His little dance consisted of really goofy movements, with his jeans rolled up to his mid calf, and hiking his pants up to somewhere under his chest, wearing a cocacola t-shirt. He hhen jumped around looking goofy as all hell, caught up in his own world, while the dj talked about him wearing culottes. the staff and the regulars were just sitting there in shock like..."what the hlell is happening here?" It was like the streaker in the soccer commercial...you're not sure why he's doing it, but you scream and yell and cheer him on anyway.....we all went up and tucked dollars into his pants too, for the sheer amusement of it all.

So he comes of stage, and he's like..."did you see that?!! that was the best thing ever!!" We were crackin' up. I'm sure the transients were very confused by that whole scene. The manager was like...."see, now he's off his pedestal...he always comes off as squeaky clean, but it's obvious...he's crazy."

okay that's it. i gotta go to work in a few so later y'all.

Tryska
03-15-2003, 10:52 AM
ps - new cologne that i love on men - Dolce y Gabbana. My mutual adoration was wearing it, and he smelled luscious.

Praetorian
03-15-2003, 12:44 PM
have u smelled the new Hugo Boss? the round one...looks like a baseball, sort of... awarded smell of the year...

carolinagirl
03-15-2003, 01:53 PM
I'm SO coming to Atlanta on my next road trip, and you are SO taking me to hang out with the drag queens. (I'll be all kinds of fly, don't worry. I still have some fierce clothes left. ;)

What was with all the crazy people from NC, anyways?

So today at work, this lady (before you ask, Miss Ulterior Motive Detector, she's been a VERY regular customer - like every day for 5 years - so I KNOW she wasn't hitting on me!) tells me that she went to Cirque last night and that I have to go b/c I (and apparently I alone, out of all the people she knows) will adore it. I say I would love to, that I heard it was fabu, but that I can't afford it. She says she will pay for my ticket and that's how much I need to see it. I say, no, no, that's so sweet but I really can't let you do that. She says yes, yes, I really want you to go - and stuffs $60 in my pocket.

What could I do? So I guess I'm going to the Cirque.

Oh yeah, the workout lookin' good, chiquitita.

Tryska
03-16-2003, 10:44 AM
you definitely should come down, and i will DEFINITELY take you out on the town. You can even crash at my place (after i've made it spotlessly clean for company, of course)

so is cirque playing in NC somewhere? or is that the Atlanta show she's talking about? either way, kickass! what do you do for a living anyways?

well let's talk about my day. since this is my jounral, and it's all about ME! *lol*

anyways, got up just in time to have coffee, bs on here, and get dressed to go to work at the gym yesterday. thankfully i didn't have to work my full shift because i was doing my friend a favor, and going to a HIGH SCHOOL play for him, so he worked for me.

The reason I was going to the play is that one of the guys that comes to the gym is a dancer and goes to this performing arts high school. we kinda took him into our gym fold, because he's a regular, and has since become a friend too. so i got to go.

actually it was pretty damn cool. i went with his best friend, and another friend of ours from the gym. It was actually pretty cool. The one from the gym, he's a grownup, was kinda tanked after the GT basketball game, so he was amusing, and he is reallt the most attentive polite guy i've ever met. very sweet. anyways, the production was Copa Cabana.

i never knew they actually made a play of it, and the travesty they gave it a happy ending. :( i was expecting double knit polyester and shinydiscoballs, but it was 1940s period piece with lots of dancing and singing. there was doubleknit polyester tho. my friend the dancer, is absolutely fabulous, and his partner was the best female dancer on the stage too. incredible form that girl had.

anyways, i got in at about 10pm, and then watched tv for a couple hours. I got sucked into a trading spaces marathon. Hilde Santos-Thomas is NEVER going to decorate my home. she is evil and crazy, and must do many many drugs that distort her vision in a decidedly unfabulous way.

that was it...diet was crap:

M1: some protien smoothie my coworker made for me
M2: chik-fil-a chicken strips, fries and sweet tea.
m3: cheetos and water (after intermission)
M4: corned beef and cabbage

that's that. hasta.

carolinagirl
03-16-2003, 06:47 PM
Cirque's coming here. I need to hurry up and get tickets.

I work in a ****ing restaurant and probably will for the next 3 years until I'm done with my master's and can start the underpaid slave labor that is a graduate assistantship.

That sounds pretty pimp for a high school play. Ours were always things like "hello dolly" and boring **** like that. (Although there was that one totally excellent production of Jesus Christ Superstar...)

Yeah, usually on Trading Spaces I think that as soon as the designer and the neighbor were gone I would be up on a ladder painting like mad to get it looking like normal people lived there again. I bet people have huge fights with their 'friends' after they do that show together. It would be fun to do one with mortal enemies doing the swap. Then they could openly vie to see who could make the other one's house look more horrible. Heh heh. That would be excellent.

Yeah, I'm going to write some more REALLY BORING stuff about the Tractarian movement and the conflict between the High Anglicans and the Evangelicals in Trollope's Barchester Towers. Sweet.

Tryska
03-17-2003, 09:11 AM
i would definitely get the tickets as soon as possible because the closer to showtime, the higher the ticket price goes. people are paying like a $100 a ticket now.

ours were pretty alme too, altho 12th night was pretty good. but this is a performign arts high schoola dn they've always got a show goign on, so i'm sure they get to do cooler stuff.

i'm currently readign the Witching Hour by Anne Rice. Since the N.O. trip i've been kinda yearnign for a little garden district flava.

Tryska
03-18-2003, 08:02 AM
well diet turned to crap by the end of the day yesterday. I was starving, no doubt from not eating enough during the weekend, so i think that had soemthing to do with it. it was cold and rainy yesterday, and i'm going through soem drama, so all i really wanted to do last night was come home snuggle up under the covers and chill out.

M1: oats, bacon, eggs
M2: chef's salad and sweet tea
M3: slice of pizza, fully loaded
M4: metrx rtd
m5:beignets, and some keilbasa.

the keilbasa was pretty good, i decided to try this brand that is 65% less fat, organic and hormone free and made from pork from fully sustainable family farms. on papaer i thought it was pretty good.

in reality, it's like bacon stripped of 65% of it's fat, how the hell do you cook it in it's own fat? it is kinda dry, but flavored well.

Relentless
03-18-2003, 09:31 AM
keilbassa is meant to be eaten cold, like cold cuts... preferably served with some nice cheese and maybe some pickles

cooking just ruins it IMHO ;)

Tryska
03-18-2003, 09:39 AM
yuck. don't liek cold kilebasa.

i like it chopped and sauteed with onions so that the grease kinda carmelizes them and makes them a little sweeter. it's a nice counterpoint.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-18-2003, 09:44 AM
Are you still on Thy meds, or is that bother all done with now?

Tryska
03-18-2003, 09:46 AM
i'll be on em for the rest of my life chigsy.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-18-2003, 09:49 AM
Thought so.

Well...That sucks.

Tryska
03-18-2003, 09:51 AM
eh..it would suck more if i wasn't on them. ;)

Tryska
03-19-2003, 08:04 AM
quick update with last nights workout:

Step-ups - 40x20x2
Superset - GMs/Lunges - 45x15x2
Incline Bench - 40x10x2
Bench Dips - BWx10x2
Cable Row - 60x10x2
Pullovers - 50x10x2
Shrugs - 65x10x2
Lateral Raises - 16x10x2
French Press - 20x20
Bicep Curls - 20x20

later.

carolinagirl
03-21-2003, 10:57 PM
Dude. You were all the way on page 3.

You've been awfully quiet lately. Everything ok?

xraygirl
03-21-2003, 11:16 PM
She's off having a life. ;)

Tryska
03-22-2003, 06:43 AM
*lol* hardly. boss is in town and we are moving offices this weekend. not to mention in the midst of the chaos of a full infrasstructure move, i had a bitch of a problem with this laptop i was repairing. luckily my boss was there to turn an 8 hour fix nto a 48 hour jaunt in pointless troubleshooting. :thumbup:

anyways, chalk up 12 hours wednesday, 12 hours thursday, and 16 hours yesterday. :D

i'm also gonna wind up running late to get in their today. iactually i think i'm gonna call in sikc to the gym job but i'm kinda torn.

on the one hand six hours at the gym would be refreshing after moving equipment and srtting it up and blah blah for the last 16 hours, however, i will make almost 3 times as much money with the overtime i'm putting in at work. lord knows i need the money, so it's finances vs sanity.

oh yeah - eating has been cathc as can and pretty well crap. except for lunch, i always try to eat something healthy for lunch.

carolinagirl
03-24-2003, 11:59 PM
...finances vs sanity.

Ding ding ding! And...sanity is down for the count. It's a TKO.

;)

Tryska
03-25-2003, 07:40 AM
yeah finances won out, but only because starting this friday i will be on vacation for 9 days. and i will be doing absolutely nothing but sleepign in, spring cleaning and catching up with chores.

Tryska
03-29-2003, 08:52 AM
went to the movies last night. It was Basic at the Buckhead Backlot. This is not just any movie theater.

You walk in to the theater itself where the movie is playing, and there are 7 rows with built in counters, and indiividual rolling bucket sofas. There is a menu on the counter. You can choose from food and drink and dessert.

I shared a plat of wings, drank a newcastle draft and ate chocolat ganache. It kicked ass. The movie was pretty good to. We were served by a pre-op trannie. Basically a man with boobs and long hair. the hormone treatments have been working well, cuz he had a decent set of mammaries. that's my twist.

Jo has apparently goten herself some sort of sugar daddy, who has given her a nice wrangler to run about town in. It's got the most annoying radar detector ever. It speaks to you..."attention K alert"

then 5 minutes later..."attention x alert"

we were waiting for a T alert but that never happenned. PS she drives like a banshee, so the wrangler doesn't give a very smooth ride. still not sure what is up with the sugar daddy....having a hard time sorting that one out.

Going to work at the gym in a little bit, after running errands all over god's creation.

tonights spot - the Havana Club for lots of dancing and mojitos.

carolinagirl
03-29-2003, 09:45 PM
OK, when I come to Atlanta we are also going to the movies.

And having mojitos. (Maybe I should start making a list...)

Damn, you know how to live, girl.

Tryska
03-30-2003, 08:39 PM
heh...girlie, you have no idea. *lol*

okay, i'm just getting around to updating last night. havana club was cool. different atmosphere from what i'm used to. when we got in there was a latin band playing and it was very much a latin club feel. tropical, dark, large dancefloor. all kinds of normalpeople. (something i'm definitely not used to). turns out Jo knows quite a few people there. we got in free (i don't think there's a cover) but i'm not sure, because when we got to the door, the bouncer guy stopped us, but then jo said hello to what could only be either the GM or the owner, and the bouncer stopped what he was gonna do and waved us in. we made our way to the bar, and that's where it began. the encounter with the absolute BEST bartender in the entire world. again Jo knew her too, and she took care of us like nobody's business....stowed our purses and coats behind the bar, and made us the stiffest drinks ever. Mine wasn't a true mojito, because there was no mint or muddling, but lots of lime juice, mostly rum AND absolute citron. she did well because it tasted great. right after we got our drinks the dj started spinning and he started with a dancehall reggae set. That kicked but because i haven't heard reggae in a club in a long time. I had to go dance, so i did. Then we started running into various other people fromt he gym that she knew and i didn't so i started meeting them too. Went back to the drink, and wouldn't you know, bartender girl was TOPPING IT OFF with more citron and soda. it was nuts..never have i been at a bar where that happenned with out an extra charge. So i was hanging out, listening to the music, while jo is socializing and i start talking to this guy who was absolutely fascinating. We had started of dancing at first, and then got to talking. He's actually palestinian, which led to a rather interesting conversation. Also happens to be an engineer, and a Calvin Klein and Hugo Boss cover model. (well allegedly, but I could see it being plausible - he had a good look for print) Anyways...we stood there talking, dancing, hanging out, getting to know each other blah blah blah, and later on eh bought me another drink. bartender girl made this one as strong as the first. By this time, Jo is dancing on the speakers or stage or whatever, with some guy, and generally having a ball. Whtever-his-name is left with his friend, after trying to take me home (was never gonna happen, not that he wasn't tempting), and also invited me to go to Costa Rica later on this week. unfrotunately, my passport needs to be renewed, so I had to decline. Anyways, he took off, and Jo came back off the dancefloor, and then introduced me to some gym bigwig. by this time, i am really feeling the extra-stiff 2 drinks i've had and was definitely drunk. I have not been drunk in about 10 years. Not like that. pleasantly buzzing, yes..but out and out drunk - it's been a long time. Anyway, apparently at some point Gym bigwig invited me to dance with him, but i had walked off....to a bench by the bathroom. Jo and i were sittign there talking, and then the guy she had been dancing on the speaker with came and found us. I start talkign to this guy, and let me tell you - i am so glad i did that. I don't think he knew what he was getting into talking to me. *lol* I asked where he was from, and he told me he was from panama originally and actually went to school in newcastle of all place. this made me immediately think of chigs, and i of course asked him if he spoke geordie. he also told me Newcastle has a alot of gay men. (why am i not surprised?) anyway, then he shows off his dance moves, and i stick a dollar in his belt (old habits die hard) - and he made the fatal error of saying he does that to make money. I ask him where and he says midtown - still thinking he's doign well. Well me being the girl i am, know of only one place in Midtown where men dance. And it's not for women. So i mention the club, and his jaw dropped. (it's a pretty seedy joint too). I'm so glad i started talkign to him, or we never would have foudn this out, and Jo mighta taken him seriously. he then laughed and said i knew too much and we went on.

Eventually we left, and went to denny's. did i mention i was tanked? apparently i gave jo no end to the amusement with my drunken state. I also entertained denny's. And the she decided to drunken dial on my behalf. This basically meant she had the phne and the numbers, and i got to do the talking. I apparently called several of our freinds bastards for whatever reason last night. All good naturedly of course. Hope none of them are mad.

So I went to bed around 5 am, and jo crashed in the sunroom. woke up around 9 am when my friend called asking em if i wanted to train with him today. I told him we'd have to play it by ear since this was the first time i had been drunk in 10 years, and couldn't make any promise, and then promptly rolled over and went back to sleep. I woke up drained, but not really hungover. But we basically hung out and watched TV ALL DAY LONG. managed to cath another Trading Spaces marathon. I am obsessed with that show. I was supposed to go shopping,b ut hell i'm on vacation. I can always do it tomorrow. :D

so that's the night in a nutshell. Mojitos, Models, Manwhores and Mayhem. i give it a :thumbup::thumbup:

PowerManDL
03-30-2003, 09:20 PM
T, I'm not reading all that. Give me the 5-cent summary.

CG-- yell when you hit up ATL. I'll make the drive over to party :D

Tryska
03-30-2003, 09:37 PM
matt - how's this -

Me = drunk last night

- hung out all night with some magazine worthy palestinian talking politics and the current environment for people of his ilk
-got invited to costa rica for the weekend
-encountered the never-ending cup of booze
-outed a male stripper (not at a strip club)
-drunken-dialed from denny's, and danced a little bit too.

ooh, one other thing...tooled around in a very nice 300z (the sugar daddy's other car) and found a loaded gun in the glove compartment. took everything my drunk ass could muster to not take it out and play with it. :eek:

as i said - Mojitos, Models, Manwhores and Mayhem.

btw - if you come out to ATL

a. We will NOT be going to the Pony.
b. You will be comfortable with a sexually ambivalent crowd, or get the hell on.

cool?

PowerManDL
03-30-2003, 09:42 PM
Damn woman....you're gonna make me feel like an amateur next time I come over there.

Well, maybe not.....you know how I like to roll in the ATL ;)

A) I ALWAYS go to the Pony.....if you don't wish to go, you can remain at home :)

B) I'm cool with it as long as they don't touch me, or I don't think they're checking me out when I'm ninja-drunk.

carolinagirl
03-30-2003, 09:42 PM
You should have emptied that **** out the car window at 60 mph while screaming incoherently about the South rising again. That would've been cool.

PowerManDL
03-30-2003, 09:44 PM
You should have emptied that **** out the car window at 60 mph while screaming incoherently about the South rising again. That would've been cool.

Pssh....why not be original? There's 50 people a night doing that in Atlanta.

Isaac Wilkins
03-30-2003, 09:49 PM

:eek:

I almost sh*t myself.

carolinagirl
03-30-2003, 09:49 PM
No, no - you're thinking of South Georgia.

Atlanta is a full-bodied blend of drag queens and tight-assed yuppie up-and-comers.

Tryska
03-30-2003, 09:50 PM

*lmao* i prolly coulda got away with it, seeing as we had a radar detector and all.

strange thign is she found knives in the jeep. of course does it surprise either of you that he is from tennessee?

matt - well yeah, i suppose you could do the pony if you wish - i could take you to the diamond, since i've got acquaintances fromt heir, and i think i can still get free drinks.

PowerManDL
03-30-2003, 09:51 PM
No, no - you're thinking of South Georgia.

Atlanta is a full-bodied blend of drag queens and tight-assed yuppie up-and-comers.

You've never been to the part of Atlanta south of I-20, have you?

Tryska
03-30-2003, 09:51 PM

*lmao* man you hit that square on the nose.

Tryska
03-30-2003, 09:52 PM

south of I-20 they sure as hell aren't yelling for the South to rise again.

perhaps a kill whitey! or a "bitch, back up off my man".....

PowerManDL
03-30-2003, 09:53 PM
Naw but there's lots of shooting!

carolinagirl
03-30-2003, 09:53 PM

That's the county. (well, counties.) And I'm not sure that red is the adjective I would choose for that area...

carolinagirl
03-30-2003, 09:54 PM
damn. y'all beat me on the draw.

Tryska
03-30-2003, 09:56 PM
*lmao*

i forgot about the "oooooorale!!"s you might hear too.

PowerManDL
03-30-2003, 09:57 PM
I just like the nudie bars. Is that so wrong?

carolinagirl
03-30-2003, 10:01 PM
If liking nudie bars is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Tryska
03-30-2003, 10:03 PM
well i got nudie bars, whatever your tastes may be.

Isaac Wilkins
03-30-2003, 10:03 PM
If liking nudie bars is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

You all get more and more fun by the minute. I'm going to have to make a swing through the whole southern coast. :D

Tryska
03-30-2003, 10:06 PM
well your first lesson will be this:

it's y'all not you all, silly northener!

hee hee...come on down..we sure would be happy to have ya!

PowerManDL
03-30-2003, 10:07 PM
People from this site actually get scared of my accent.

For some reason, they don't associate Southern drawl with my typing style.

Isaac Wilkins
03-30-2003, 10:09 PM
well your first lesson will be this:

it's y'all not you all, silly northener!

hee hee...come on down..we sure would be happy to have ya!

See, we sneak in an occasional ya'll (not y'all), but I thought I'd represent Nord given the current conversation.

Tryska
03-30-2003, 10:10 PM
boy you are one of the most bamma-talking alabamans i know. i don't know how these poor people are getting fooled by your uppity typing ways.

Tryska
03-30-2003, 10:10 PM
speaking of accents, the girl in Basic does an absolutely horrible southern drawl. it's was making my ears hurt. (til the newcastle kicked in and i mellowed out)

PowerManDL
03-30-2003, 10:18 PM
Yeah.....who knew that articulate typing and semi-intelligent content would dispel the idea of me having a thick drawl.

Tryska
03-31-2003, 07:04 AM
hey borris...what's "ya'll"?

YoBrickWall
03-31-2003, 07:14 AM
yo tryska- dont mean to bump in but what state are ya from?

Tryska
03-31-2003, 07:23 AM
atlanta ga. welcome to my journal. :)

WillKuenzel
03-31-2003, 07:26 AM
Ain't a damn thing wrong with a nice southern drawl. I'm quite proud of mine.

Tryska
03-31-2003, 07:33 AM
my drawl works well for me.

especially with northern and british men. but not with mid-westerners really. some of them, especially in the border states seem to reject all things southern. i think it's a complex of some sort.

Isaac Wilkins
03-31-2003, 08:02 AM
hey borris...what's "ya'll"?

The pronounciation is different. It's as close as I've heard to y'all spoken up here.

YoBrickWall
03-31-2003, 08:32 AM
im from the nothern part of mi... woke up this morning and the dam ground was covered with snow. yo'll want it? yo can have it.

bradley
03-31-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by YoBrickWall
im from the nothern part of mi... woke up this morning and the dam ground was covered with snow. yo'll want it? yo can have it.

That is classic yo'll.

Been lurking in your journal Tryska but I couldn't resist. Sounds like you have lots of interesting nights in Atlanta, not to mention all the different people you meet. Nice journal as well:)

heathj
03-31-2003, 04:33 PM
People on the west coast have the most normal, non-accented speech. News reporters and all that crap are usually speak with no accent, as everyone can understand it better. I've personally never seen a news reporter with any real accent. Pfft..y'all southerners are wack.

Kayak_boy
03-31-2003, 05:47 PM
Hiya Missy.

How YOU Doin'???

Tryska
03-31-2003, 11:40 PM
borris ...ahh..i got it now...not quite y'all, but close.

yo - you can keep that snow the hell away from me. i'll take 70 degrees, and pine pollen filled air any day of the week.

heathie - whatever you non-accent having mofo.

bradley...thank you so much for popping up! I appreciate it. An yeah, my Atlanta nghts are amusing, but not half as interesting as they could be...if i were that kinda girl. ;)

KB!!!!!!!!!! how he hell have you been sugar? i miss you. and yes, i owe you several emails. :rolleyes: sorry.

right, so today was day 1 of my spring cleaning extravaganza. the day started with me getting blood drawn at the docs..scored a 2 year old magazine i intend to read cover to cover.

met my coworker for lunch, and then did some errands. spoke with a really cool lawyer, who represents jesus jones. that wa skinda cool.

came home and took a 3 hour nap. Woke up around 8-ish, put my new vacuum cleaner together, and went for broke. i love this thing. it really does clean well. tomorrow will also be all about cleaning, altho i think i should prolly go tot he grocery store. I have no food. haven't been hungry either, but in case i get hungry i will need food.

tomorrow night, going out to my usual haunt. never been on a teusday night, but there's no cover so the crowd shou;d be interesting.

PowerManDL
04-01-2003, 02:45 AM
Dude, I wish I'd known it was your vacation.

I'm out of school this week......I'd have driven over to party with your crazy crackhead self.

Kayak_boy
04-01-2003, 02:51 AM
I'm sweet baby.

Don't be worrying about the mail, just get that bad ass in the gym and I'll forgive ya!! :p

I think I'm catching up with you on the party front... and it's all good!!! :D

MrWebb78
04-01-2003, 10:12 AM
this must just be a journal of T's life, not her workouts:)

Tryska
04-02-2003, 11:23 AM
matt - it's just as well, actually.....i'vt got an agenda of things that need to be done this week, and your style of partying will totally screw up that agenda. ps - i'm not a crackhead.

kb - i'm not actually pressed aboput not making it to the gym yest this week. my housecleaning ahs been pretty freakin strenuous. so i don't feel like a total slob. i just need to get this done before i can focus on anything else.

webbie - it's not called diary of a diva for nothin, sunshine. actually the escapades are primarily by request so certain members get the opportunity to live vicariously for a bit.

so yesterday i was a cleaning queen. i just couldn't stop.i started tossign everything i haven't looked at in more than 3 months. totally cleaned every surface in my kitchen from the top of the cabinets to the baseboard. swiffer wetjets rule, btw. here's the kicker.....i finally get my floor glistening to the point where you can eat off it, decide to take a break to eat after dumping 6 lawn bags of trash, 3 boxes and a dead vacuum, come back, and there are workmen in my kitchen tearing up my floor to put in brand new linoleum. that's right i got a brand new floor. it smells really nice in there.

oh an i ate KFC yesterday. and had a very strong vodka orange and cranberry. the night itself was pretty uneventful, hooked up with a gaggle of interior designers, and we were jsut shooting the sh*t. also pulled on quite a ew pierced nipples. that was fun.

i desperately need to go to the grocery store today. I have been living on a can of spam and alaga syrup for the past 2 days. I'm hongry.

MrWebb78
04-02-2003, 11:28 AM
hooked up with a gaggle of interior designers

somewhat promiscuous dont you think??????

carolinagirl
04-02-2003, 11:33 AM
matt - it's just as well, actually.....i'vt got an agenda of things that need to be done this week, and your style of partying will totally screw up that agenda.

Matt, what she really means is she ain't got time for no 2-day drunk and the concomitant 3-day recovery. (When I come to visit, there will be plenty of time for that, I assure you.)

...the escapades are primarily by request so certain members get the opportunity to live vicariously for a bit.

Don't listen to webb. (Not that you would. :rolleyes: You've got good sense.) Keep 'em coming.

so yesterday i was a cleaning queen. i just couldn't stop.i started tossign everything i haven't looked at in more than 3 months. totally cleaned every surface in my kitchen from the top of the cabinets to the baseboard.

Sounds like you're almost ready for company. :D

MrWebb78
04-02-2003, 11:34 AM
i encourage everybody to not listen to me, im just a spiteful smart ass tryin to have fun, usually end up makin people mad though

carolinagirl
04-02-2003, 11:36 AM
:angel:

So whose little brother are you anyway? I haven't figured it out.

PowerManDL
04-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Matt, what she really means is she ain't got time for no 2-day drunk and the concomitant 3-day recovery. (When I come to visit, there will be plenty of time for that, I assure you.)

I'll educate yall on how to party properly.

carolinagirl
04-02-2003, 11:39 AM
Shoot, boy.

I was a professional party girl back when you were nothing but a gleam in your daddy's eye.

edit: and by 'professional party girl' I do NOT mean crackwhore. So don't even.

PowerManDL
04-02-2003, 11:40 AM
Maybe.

But the circle is complete.....now I have become the master.

carolinagirl
04-02-2003, 11:41 AM
whippersnapper.

WillKuenzel
04-02-2003, 11:43 AM
What's so hard about partying? I thought it was just driving out into the corn field with your dad's stolen moonshine. Am I missing something? :angel:

PowerManDL
04-02-2003, 11:43 AM
Don't make me send my liver up there to wail on you or drink all your beer.

carolinagirl
04-02-2003, 11:45 AM
Your liver is a zombie.

PowerManDL
04-02-2003, 11:49 AM
But he still gets all the chicks.

carolinagirl
04-02-2003, 11:50 AM
Chicks dig zombies.

PowerManDL
04-02-2003, 11:54 AM
Don't let Budiak read that.

carolinagirl
04-02-2003, 11:57 AM
It might change his views on zombies, though.

Tryska
04-02-2003, 11:57 AM
cg - you knew exactly what i meant. *lol* also yeah, the house is almost ready....i've still got the bathroom and my bedroom to tackle. and my computer area (which is gonna be the real hassle beccause this is where all my research stuff collects dust, and i'm loathe to toss any of it.)

webbie - if they swung my way i would consider it promiscous, but they didn't, so i was safe. ;)

matt haven't we discussed this "education" stuff?

PowerManDL
04-02-2003, 12:05 PM
Oh, so you want a liver beat-down too huh????

Tryska
04-02-2003, 12:06 PM
ps - i got sh!te sleep last night for some reaosn. went to bed at like 3:30 am, and didn't get out of bed til noon. that's not fresh. normally i'm up and about by 10:30. i'm a bit worried though, because the lack of structure is leading me to fall into my natural rhythm...my days have been going like this:

10:30am - wakeup
do errands, run around, or clean
5:00pm - nap
7:30pm - clean or get ready to go out
3:30am - go to bed

i have not been hungry for a while, and haven't been taking time to eat either. i really need to by some appealing food, jsut so even if i'm not hungry maybe i can tempt myself to wanna taste some of it.

PowerManDL
04-02-2003, 12:12 PM
He's not happy with you.

carolinagirl
04-02-2003, 12:29 PM
hee hee.

Your liver is cute when he's mad.

bradley
04-02-2003, 04:23 PM
also pulled on quite a ew pierced nipples. that was fun.

:eek::)

I thought it was just driving out into the corn field with your dad's stolen moonshine.

Corn field??? cow pastures are much more spacious:D

Kayak_boy
04-02-2003, 04:44 PM
How dirty is your place Missy??:p

Coke
04-03-2003, 05:12 AM
:hello:

Tryska
04-03-2003, 09:08 AM
sup cocoa?

kb - it's not literally that dirty. It's just 6 months without a real break, and i've got everything stacked and piled and unorganized. and it's spring cleaning time, which means washing everything down, and steam cleaning the carpets and blah blah blah.

bradley....*lol* actually the thing that shocked me was how hard i was told to pull them. i had no idea....now i do. ;)

anyways, last night's clean fest went well. today is my bedroom and closet, so that means lot's of laundry and re-organization. i think i'm gonna sell the books i don't read anymore, and re-arrange my furiture. and make a folder of all my good magazine articles so i can thro the physical magz away. gotta wake up and eat first, tho.

matt, don't make me kick your cock-eyed livers ass. you should make that your avatar....maybe edit out the bird tho.

carolinagirl
04-03-2003, 09:51 AM
When you're done with your house how about heading up here and getting started on mine?

I moved in here at the beginning of fall semester and have still not fully unpacked. *sigh* In fact, I still don't even have everything out of my old place. In fact, I don't even have curtains up (except in the REALLY essential rooms, like the bathroom.)

Thank God I'm not taking classes this summer. I'm going to finish decorating (hey, maybe you should come up to NC, Miss Trading Spaces!) and do applications :rolleyes: and take the GRE (pfft) and the subject test (:eek:!) and spend lots of time traveling and hanging out at the beach.

Looking back over that, I'm thinking that's a year's worth of activity, not a summer's. *sigh again*

Tryska
04-03-2003, 09:59 AM
*lol* hey i'm getting all this cleaning done, because i had to take a vacation under duress, it's springtime, and i've got good speed to do it with. (god bless truckdrivers)

nothing quite like popping an ephedrine pill, putting some happy hardcore in the cd player and donning big latex gloves. 1 pill = 4-6 hours of focus and intensity.

if i had money, don't think i wouldn't be blowing it on new slipcovers, tableclothes and area rugs. *lol* I haven't got to the point where i will be making a piece of artwork for my one empty wall yet.

i totally know what you mean about not being unpacked yet. i'm fully unpacked, but i've got three years worth of clutter i'm gettign the hell out of here. my new theme is zen like spartanism.

MrWebb78
04-03-2003, 10:03 AM
exactly how messy was your house to have to do so much cleaning?