PDA

View Full Version : two choices of milk... help me decide

Dkm911
02-26-2003, 07:48 PM
on my meal plan i can get milk.. i can pick from ... whole milk which would be 150 calories, 70 from fat, 12 carbs, 8 protein per serving, or low fat chocolate milk which is 150 calories, 10 from fat, 27 g carbs, 8 grams of protein.... im not sure which is better for me, i am bulking though. And no there isnt a low fat regular milk...

AJ_11
02-26-2003, 08:00 PM
I would say whole milk. Less suger. You can easily make it low fat by mixing it with some water and splitting up the portions, but it depends on your goals.

Dkm911
02-26-2003, 08:04 PM
hmmm mixing it with water... is that the only difference between whole milk and skim milk... Id actually do that if it worked but... I dont think it would work to well cuz i thought skim milk just had less fat... wouldnt that dilute everything like the protein and carbs and the overall fat level be the same?

AJ_11
02-26-2003, 08:12 PM
yes, it would. it was just a suggestion. Drink it whole. But it is a better choice then the Choco milk by far.

AstronautJones
02-26-2003, 11:51 PM
Another vote for whole moo juice.

Although chocolate is good once in a while. I drank it all the time (by the quart) when I was bulking.

Dkm911
02-27-2003, 02:11 AM
well i am bulking

GonePostal
02-27-2003, 02:30 AM
If you are bulking and don't gain fat very easily then just go with the choco moo juice IMO. No skim is not whole milk with more water. It is whole moo juice with less fat but the protien content is the same. If you water it down the protien content goes down.

BUFF STUFF
02-27-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by AJ_11
I would say whole milk. Less suger. You can easily make it low fat by mixing it with some water and splitting up the portions, but it depends on your goals.

:withstupi

Mixing it with water?

Why?

You want the protein in it, its not a diliuting juice!

Drink 1% fat milk more protein less fat

BUFF STUFF
02-27-2003, 09:11 AM
If your bulking chuck a weight gainer in with your moo moo juice

*edit*

or eat a couple of handfulls of unsalted peanuts or washed peanuts after you drink your milk

DC Hardgainer
02-28-2003, 01:09 AM
sugar is crap...you should eat as little as possible. Even if you are bulking, try and get thoes cals from complex carbs or good fats.

AJ_11
02-28-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by BUFF STUFF

Mixing it with water?

Why?

You want the protein in it, its not a diliuting juice!

I only suggested diluting it with water if he was worried about the fat content. I am opposed to Choco Milk becasue or the suger content. If 2% was my only choice I would have to dilute it with water because my stomach can't handle the 2%. To substite the protein I waould have it with some turkey or chicken breast. But if you are bulking go with the whole milk it is better in the long run.

bradley
02-28-2003, 02:49 AM
But if you are bulking go with the whole milk it is better in the long run.

Why would whole milk be better than say 2% or skim? I would recommend skim and get fat calories from more healthy soures.

AJ_11
02-28-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by bradley

Why would whole milk be better than say 2% or skim? I would recommend skim and get fat calories from more healthy soures.

He doesn't have that option, i was comparing the whole milk to the choco milk as these are his only options for his meal plan. Skim milk all the way. But he can't buy it from his meal plan card.