PDA

View Full Version : wbb # 1 to the letter

PaulB
02-26-2003, 09:03 PM
ive been lifting 3x a week for the past 2 months with incredible results. i was rotating high volume with low volume/static. (think its called volume :P) some weeks id do nothing but lots of sets and reps, other weeks id be doing 30 second statics, which would be after 2 sets of reps of 10 and 8. i figure ive had such great sucess because i was new to lifting. well i wanna kick it up a notch and lay some smack down so i figure a new journal will be fitting. ive been dicking around less and less at the gym so i figure i might as well be serious and get going on with this ripped/huge thing.

wbb #1
gonna follow it to the letter. no changes. nothing more, nothing less.

cardio
if i feel like the wbb#1 doesnt leave me crying at the end like my current routine does, ill be beating myself up with cardio. running or swimming.

diet
back when i was eating bad to lose weight (btw i lost 15 pounds in 2 months while gaining *what seems to me* to be muscle) people were messaging me with offers to make me a diet. well now i want one! if anyone gets bored and wants to do that for me, id be grateful, keep it somewhat cheap and keep it tasty. i can eat eggs forever, but me and tuna dont click anymore. i want to be able to calculate EVERYTHING. i wanna be able to say BAM ive been having 2356 calories a day for the past 3 weeks.

supplements
yay or nay? i have some stuff that ive purchased but havnt really used. creatine, fat burners, stackers. or should i just see what i can do with no supplements?

goals
1) to keep losing some weight and drop down to 6-8% body fat.
2) to stop drinking
3) to put bench 185lbs. currently at 115.
4) learn how to do the deadlift properly :(
all by the beginning of summer

ill post some stats and current pics on the 13th so i can track everything. gonna be using excel attachments so itll be uber easy to track my progress.

gonna start this bad boy on march 13th. im really anxious to get this going. think itll be good for me long as i can stay dedicated.

SWOLE
02-26-2003, 09:39 PM
why not start now???
whats up with that $hit????
oh yeah... welcome

SWOLE
02-26-2003, 09:39 PM
:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

hahahaha:newbie:

PaulB
03-05-2003, 02:31 PM
alrighty heres the excel thing i was talking about. gonna be posting one of these each week and then one every month thatll have the entire month smoooshed into one so itll be easier to see how much im gaining. also decided to start on the 10th of march since ive already stopped drinking, might as well start sooner :P

ill get picks up the day before i start

PaulB
03-10-2003, 09:45 PM
chest day.
did alot better than normal i think, without any shoulder pain like i used to. mebbe its cuz i warmed up each lift with 5 reps of the bar. focused mainly on my triceps instead of my whole arm, since im doing that who arm dealy where i train them every other day for a week then off for 2.
im so lazy getting pics up but theyll be up soon.

PaulB
03-14-2003, 10:55 PM
im a bit behind on postin this stuff been really busy.
this last wens i did a leg and arms and my legs hurt sooo bad. then i had to work for 12 hours the next day cuz someone called in. today was shoulder and arms. thank god i have 2 weeks off on the arms. diets fine. didnt drink today so i guess thats a good.
ill update the excel spreadsheet for this last week and post it tommorrow maybe.

http://unclekaula.netfirms.com/lift.html

^^ thats after 2 months of my old routine

PaulB
03-14-2003, 10:57 PM
btw i put up 45lb plates today for 6 reps on the bench. so that felt pretty good, first time for me on the flat bench press.

PaulB
03-22-2003, 10:10 AM
heres for the 10th-14th
havnt been messing around on my coputer very much

PaulB
03-26-2003, 11:13 PM
yeah im slacking getting the weekly results in the xls format, my lifting buddy has last weeks spreadsheet in his truck. today was a leg day. squated 195lb on the smith machine. i guess thats good for me. for some reason im having alot of trouble doing hack squats with any reasonable weight. think i did 215lbs. deadlifts have been the same for a the past 2 weeks, 205lbs. but i feel like its getting easier so i been working on my form with it. the only problem i have with wbb1 routine is that i feel like im doing diddly ****. i cant control my urge to keep doing stuff. like today on my leg day i did 2 sets of close grip benches, bb benches, and db benches. 2 sets of 4 dips, declined crunches, and decline pushups. i have this mindset i cant get rid of, that if i dont leave the gym hurting then im not gaining.

my diet was so crap this last week, i was eating everything in sight. today i smacked the **** outta myself and only had a roast beef sandwhich, glass of milk, and a gatorade. gonna crash starve myself i think for the next 2 weeks. i hit a wall on my weight loss so i figured id give this a go. drinking is doing a lil better. not as much as i used to, with days of no drinking at all. ive been working way to much lately, ill try to get this weeks and last weeks spreadsheets up friday or saturday.

PaulB
03-28-2003, 11:33 PM
shoulder day was today. i did sitting militarys and holy **** were they harder than i expected, i musta forgot how hard they were. i did 95lbs for x8 and x6 and it pretty much kicked my ass. did some db militarys, 45lbers was pretty easy and i was really happy with them, they wernt to failure though. for some reason dropping that bb down to my chin takes alot of effort to get it going up, not the entire way just the initial lifting part. did some ab stuff and leg lifts for 4 minutes ^_^ getting pretty good with those. reminds me of the old wrestling days were the coaches would be yelling at us while we did them, kept our minds off the pain and all. diets been going great, had a chicken breast for lunch, a glass of milk and a slim fast for dinner. oh and a gatorade at the gym. next gym day is monday--- chest day!

Songsangnim
03-29-2003, 08:41 PM
Starving yourself is not necessary and even counter-productive. You will lose muscle mass as well as fat. Once you go off the diet, which you will have to do to gain muscle mass, you will gain even more fat. Why? Because muscle burns fat and the diet will leave you with less muscle to burn this fat. Not only that, but a starvation diet will lower your metabolism. So you are left with a body with less muscle and lower metabolism. This will make it even harder to lose fat.

Fat loss is not a quick two-three week thing. You didn't add all of it in two or three weeks, so why would you expect to lose it in that time? Sure you will get some results with a crash diet, but once the body adjusts to that diet, you will hit a wall, and fairly rapidly too.

As regards your training you are doing way too much. I understand your mindset "no pain no gain" but you are overtraining. This will also hamper your efforts to lose fat and gain muscle as you are destroying the muscle you have and not allowing it time to rest and rebuild. Muscle grows out of the gym, not in the gym. Training tears it down, rest and food, build it back up with a little extra. Over time this builds size and strength.

Try and stick exactly to WWB1 for at least three months. At the end of that, you can re-evaluate your progress and decide where to go from there. If WWB1 helps you, great. If not, well at least you will know what doesn't work and it will only be three months wasted. I literally wasted years, before finding (through trial and error) what worked best for me. I wish I had access to a site like this, when I first started out (13 years ago)

Good luck with your goals!

P.S. Sorry about the length of this post. I tried to condense it.

PaulB
04-04-2003, 10:34 AM
im so slacking on keeping this journal. my lifting buddy still has all my records in his truck for the past 2 weeks, ill see if i can get them from him tonight when we goto the gym. diets still going good. still alot less calories than id like to be eating but i still have love handles and a lil wee feller of a belly left to shed. i think im gonna drop wbb1, i just dont feel its me. at the end of they day im not at all tired. yeah im going till near failure on most and failure on a few. (things like dead lifts and squats i dont wanna go till failure on because i think itd be ****ty training if i did it with no form) i feel like its not giving me the intensity i need. im still glad i spent a month doing wbb1 though. it made me fall in love with deadlifts and squats. ill keep this journal going but itll be a different split than what wbb1 is. i need to find something more demanding.

on another note, last wens when i went to the gym by myself, i had to have a spotter so i randomly started talking to people and after talking to a few of them i find out that they workout 5 days a week. these 3 guys are all bigger and ALOT more ripped than i am so i figure they must be doing something right. 2 of them did full body workouts and the 3rd guy had some weird routine, but it was still 5 days a week. this kinda confuses me because everyone on this site would say they overtrain way to much, yet these dudes are still huge. anyways, shoulder/arm day today.

John0101
04-04-2003, 12:01 PM
ExtremeAnabolic Starving yourself is not necessary and even counter-productive. You will lose muscle mass as well as fat. Once you go off the diet, which you will have to do to gain muscle mass, you will gain even more fat. Why? Because muscle burns fat and the diet will leave you with less muscle to burn this fat. Not only that, but a starvation diet will lower your metabolism. So you are left with a body with less muscle and lower metabolism. This will make it even harder to lose fat.

Fat loss is not a quick two-three week thing. You didn't add all of it in two or three weeks, so why would you expect to lose it in that time? Sure you will get some results with a crash diet, but once the body adjusts to that diet, you will hit a wall, and fairly rapidly too.

As regards your training you are doing way too much. I understand your mindset "no pain no gain" but you are overtraining. This will also hamper your efforts to lose fat and gain muscle as you are destroying the muscle you have and not allowing it time to rest and rebuild. Muscle grows out of the gym, not in the gym. Training tears it down, rest and food, build it back up with a little extra. Over time this builds size and strength.

Try and stick exactly to WWB1 for at least three months. At the end of that, you can re-evaluate your progress and decide where to go from there. If WWB1 helps you, great. If not, well at least you will know what doesn't work and it will only be three months wasted. I literally wasted years, before finding (through trial and error) what worked best for me. I wish I had access to a site like this, when I first started out (13 years ago)

Good luck with your goals!

P.S. Sorry about the length of this post. I tried to condense it.

:withstupi

PaulB
04-07-2003, 12:54 AM
well before i hit the sack im going to show my progress for the past month.

flat bb- up to 165lbs -> +30lbs
low inc db- up to 65lbers -> +10lbs each db
dips- up to 4 sets of 4 without failure, unasssited. up from 0 unassisted
chinups- up to 4 sets of 4 without failure
deadlifts- up to 215lbs -> never maxed do to lack of form
BB rows- up to 135lbs ->never maxed due to lack of form
shrugs- 55lb db's -> never maxed
squats- 205lbs -> +30lbs (smith machine)
hack squats- 135lbs- -> never maxed
standing calf raises- 265lbs -> never maxed
military in rack- 95lbs -> no gain
seated db military- 45lb dbs -> +10lb per db
narrow grip bench- up to 135lb -> never maxed
bb curl- 85lbs -> no gain
hammer curl- 45lb dbs -> never maxed

heh never noticed i wasnt going up on some of these. guess thats why im keeping this journal :P

PaulB
04-11-2003, 03:20 PM
NEED TO STOP DRINKING.
ive been drinking every night for the past 3 days.
im going to the supermarket in a few to pick up some more sunflower seeds and some meat. this last gym day on wens sucked bad. i had no energy at all. my lifts were all the same as the prior week but i felt like i was dying. oh well its the price pay for having such a ****ty diet/drinking.

PaulB
04-15-2003, 11:32 AM
chest day yesterday
i did fine i guess. lil less weight than normal. i put up 155lbs on the bench 4 times. didnt try my max. i felt a bit weaker, but i bumped my sets of dips/chinups to 4 sets of 7 on each of them. when i hit 4 sets of 10, i think ill drop back to 4 sets of 4 but weighted then each week go up 1 rep on each set. quick note: since i was sick for 3 days over the weekend and ate almost nothing... i weighed in last night at 170lbs. FIRST week for me to be below 176lbs in AGES. and im starting to look pretty cut. cant wait for these handles to disapear. had a date last night with that red head. shes so hot. anyways we watched the movie super troopers, because its ****in hilarious, but i dont think shes interested in me. so who knows. its like she doesnt want to get physical or nothing and i know shes a party girl so im not sure whats up.