PDA

View Full Version : Beginners Journal

sneakychaos
02-28-2003, 11:36 AM
Info:
-Age -- 24
-Height -- 6'
-Weight, current -- 210lbs

Some other random information on the past 6 months.
-- Didn't work out for most of the month of November. Was on vacation, a hellish week at work w/ 16+ hour days for 6 days straight (computers), and taking a week of to catch up with myself from the previous two. Then thanksgiving, and started up again the week after.
-- Was using WBB #1 for September/October after having found this site then. Changed to my own program as of December.

So here I am, about 2 weeks past 6 months of officially "working out". I started on 8/15/02, weighing in at 190lbs. Bodyfat at the time was 19.9% :eek:, and that was measured after having worked out for 45 minutes, so I'm sure it was probably a little bit higher. I tried to spend the first 2 months or so learning about working out, proper form and techniques, etc. Since then I've been trying to hit the weights fairly hard, and starting 3/1 I will begin my 'cutting' phase *hopefully* in time for spring/summer. ;) Below I will attach a picture from when I started back in August, and a picture from Mid-February. I definately notice a difference, as I should since gaining 20lbs.

A few exercises I see here done by a lot of people online are Squats and Deadlifts. Believe it or not, I do not see many of these at my gym. I have yet to begin doing either, primarily for the reason I'm not sure of proper form. I've seen them done in online pictures/movies, yet still a little hesitant to try them 'seriously'.

Diet:
For the *most* part, my diet is fairly healthy. Try to keep protein around 1g / lb, although I do not always accomplish that. Typically, I drink water most of the day, with either some milk with cereal and/or some orange juice in the morning for breakfast. I stay away from soda 99.9% of the time. Usually includes a lot of chicken and tunafish, but I still eat my fair share of pizza (once a week, monday lunch), and some steak maybe once a week. Eat a lot of fruit, not much junkfood at all, etc. As far as supplements/shakes, I have atleast 1 protein shake a day. Usually either the GNC Mega Whey or some Myoplex. Both average around 40g/shake.

As far as cutting, I started taking Ripped Fuel earlier this week after reading up between the differences of it vs. Hydroxicut. (ECA vs EC stack, etc.)

So - as far as comments are concerned - any and all are welcome. I'm really looking for good advice on form for deadlifts / squats, and what style diet I should maintain while trying to cut in the upcoming months. Thanks for reading novel #1.

sneakychaos
02-28-2003, 11:37 AM
Here is me, back in August.

sneakychaos
02-28-2003, 11:37 AM
And here is me, Feb. 12th.

Mik
02-28-2003, 12:32 PM
Welcome aboard! Good luck with your goals, keeping a journal is a great first step.

:spam: