PDA

View Full Version : Just started eating tuna

powerhalf
02-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Oh lord. It was a holy experience.
All... all the wasted years! :cry: I'm gonna make up for lost time, though! Before work, it's off to GFS to deplete thier stock of vac-pack tuna by a case or three ;)

Relentless
02-28-2003, 02:21 PM
don't eat too much too soon, it'll turn you off

Dkm911
02-28-2003, 02:57 PM
put lemon juice and salt on it makes it amazing and get it in oil

Ironman8
02-28-2003, 02:59 PM
I agree tuna tastes good, but doesn't the smell kind of turn you off?

P.S Mix tuna and mayonnaise, put it on bread, put butter on the bread, put it in the oven for 2 minutes, and you got yourself a heaveanly tuna sandwhich :D

Tiare
02-28-2003, 03:06 PM
White tuna, never light!

Alke
02-28-2003, 03:26 PM
I get the white albacore tuna, doesnt have as bad a smell, and its a bit chunkier and taste better. Its a bit more costly, but if you get it on sale and buy large quantities it comes out to cost about the same as the chicken of the sea tuna. I walked out with like 25 large cans last time they were on sale LOL.

(on a side note: dont get the chicken breast in a can:drooling: ) .

Silverback
03-01-2003, 05:06 AM
lol @ chicken in a can, i once bought one it tasted so nasty i had to hold my nose while i ate it, what can i say i needed the protein. But never again, i think the ingrediants must have had a ratio of Chicken 10% Salt 90%!

Tuna is the bomb and its cheap, try mixing it with low fat mayo and it tastes like heaven sent :)

HANSEL
03-01-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Callahan
don't eat too much too soon, it'll turn you off

This is so true. I went nuts with tuna for a while and ruined it for myself, I cant stand the thought of it anymore. Its a bummer, I lost a cheap and convenient protein source.

Ti1301
03-02-2003, 12:09 AM
This is so true. I went nuts with tuna for a while and ruined it for myself, I cant stand the thought of it anymore. Its a bummer, I lost a cheap and convenient protein source.
I am a victim of this too.
But after not having it for a long time I'm o.k with it, jst not a can everyday like i used to be. More like 2 a week.

powerhalf
03-02-2003, 12:06 PM
They didn't have vac packs or small cans, so i had to get a case of number-10 sized cans. :/ you're right about not eating too much too soon though, I used to love tuna but i haven't had it in years. The taste is good (but a bit dry) and the smell is tolerable, but I have to brush my teeth right afterwards or... or else!