PDA

View Full Version : I need a good diet

grkgqmodel
03-01-2003, 01:04 PM
here is the deal, I work out twice a day for about 1 hour each, meaning cardio and lifting. I dont lift heavy but I lift light and many weights and I actually interchange between light and heavy. I was 230 and I got down to 175 about two years ago, now I went up to 185 cause I was slacking off. Whats a good diet to stay on, plus I want to get rid of love handles and some puffiness for the nipple area.

Paul Stagg
03-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Search/read articles on wannabebig.

rujulus
03-06-2003, 11:09 AM
lot's of protein, low carbs, stick to working out like you doing I take it your trying to tone up considering you doing less weight, but more reps.......what's you eating habit right now, meaning how many calories are you taking in a day????

bradley
03-06-2003, 11:23 AM
You need to create a caloric deficit to lose weight so just slowly decrease calories each week until you are losing about a pound a week. Although more information is needed to give more specific advice (height and weight) here is some general info that might be of some help.

Try and get some protein in at each meal and shoot for about 1g per lb. of bodyweight. You can space this out over the course of 5-6 meals throughout the day. I would recommend eating approximately every 3 hours.

Include some healthy fats in your diet. Some good sources would be natty peanut butter, nuts, olive oil, oily fish (salmon for example), and you can also supplement with flax or fish oil to help you achieve your daily intake. Calories from fat should make up around 25-30% of your daily calories.

You can fill in the rest of your daily cals with carbs. Low GI carbs like sweet potatoes, oats, ww pasta, veggies, etc would be recommended to help keep blood sugar levels constant throughout the day.

I posted this in another thread but it should be of some help to you. I would also recommend reducing your training volume. IMO that is too much volume.