PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Diet, need help

John0101
03-03-2003, 11:38 AM
Currently 5'6, 152 pounds, 13-14% Body Fat. I have a moderately fast metabolism. I lift 3 times a week, focusing on basic movements, squats, bench, and deadlifts (just started squatting and deadlifts just a few weeks ago). I am moderately active, i play bball 1 time a week (weekends), and i have to walk to and from class everyday.

This is my diet:

11am
1 Tuna Salad w/LOTS tuna (i dunno how much, but it's alot, when i estimate it, it's the size of 2 medium sized apples)

1pm
2 egg whites
1 apple, pear, or orange

3pm
2 egg whites
1 apple, pear, or orange

6pm
1 Tuna Salad w/tons of tuna
Beans/Peas/Corn
Slice of fish, beef or chicken

9pm
1 Turkey Sandwish

Is this enough cals? Enough Protein? Fat? I also take a multivitamin in the morning. I want to lose about 7-10 pounds over the next 12 weeks. While maintain my muscle and if not gain some more.

bradley
03-03-2003, 01:55 PM
I would keep my protein intake at around 150g per day and eat more low GI carbs and healthy fats. You could add one whole egg and one egg white instead of just 2 egg whites at you 1pm and 3pm meals. For your 11 am meal you could decrease the amount of tuna salad and instead make a couple of sandwiches out of ww bread with maybe a little mayo. Slowly decrease the cals in increments of about 200-300 each week until you are losing about a pound a week.

mattkush77
03-03-2003, 06:13 PM
diversify your intake, you have to get sick of eggs and tuna salad everyday! tuna salad is bad for you anyways, just eat tuna with the lowest amount of mayo possible, add 2 protein shakes a day to replace meals, eat chicken once a day and maybe some low fat ground beef, if you wanna loose weight the ultimate way is to be active, one day a week of basketball and walking to class is not active, you should be running atleast 3 times a week for a half hour, i went from 6'1 220 to 200 pounds in 10 weeks by cutting two meals out and subbing protein shakes and running about 15 miles a week