PDA

View Full Version : Canned Chicken

steveo
03-03-2003, 03:59 PM
My girl came home today with some canned chicken breast(she noticed I can get 65gm of protein per can and i might benefit, she is the coolest) well I opened one up and tried eating out of the can and it wasn't very good, it doesn't takes bad but it's really soft and I'm sure there's better ways of eating it. Anyone have any ideas?

bradley
03-03-2003, 04:11 PM
Throw it on some ww bread with some spicy deli mustard. Or you could use it to make some type of wrap with a whole pita or some type of tortilla. Might add in some onions, lettuce, cheese, etc. Chicken salad maybe?

body
03-03-2003, 05:00 PM
can you shop it, mix it with eg ketchup or any flavour and microwave it.

then put on bread.

corned beef has about the same protien level. and it taste nice. well if you like beef.

Berserker
03-03-2003, 05:11 PM
I've never had it but been thinking about it. I am thinking mix it in with something, maybe pasta. Maybe throw in some onions, and peppers and fry it. Just guessing since I never had it.

Berserker
03-03-2003, 05:26 PM
Mix it in mac and cheese, might be good.

steveo
03-03-2003, 06:17 PM
I'll some of those suggs.

Saint Patrick
03-03-2003, 09:26 PM
Dude, make Chicken salad! Use the same recipe you would for Tuna salad.

I mix the can w/ lite mayo, chopped celery and a little bit of chopped onion. Mustard an relish is optional.

Eat by the spoonful, or on crackers or a sandwich.

Ferdo
03-04-2003, 10:41 PM
i Cant find any canned chicken breast at the stores here in Canada? Anyone know where i can get it

PaulB
03-05-2003, 10:38 AM
heh same thing happend to me cept it was my mum that had bought the canned chicken stuff. its like a can of tuna but about 3x the size. i popped it open and microwaved it and i thought it tasted great, sure beats tuna :P

body
03-06-2003, 05:10 AM
personally i keep to flavoured chicken breast much nicer.

Ferdo
03-06-2003, 07:46 PM
The canned stuff i found isnt chicken breast but rather, i guess just chicken leftovers has 30 grmas protein 13 grams of fat per can any good? or is this stuff no good?

Backdraft
03-06-2003, 08:34 PM
I mix it with a can of chicken broth and some rice. Tastes pretty good. Watch out for the sodium content though.

bradley
03-07-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Ferdo
The canned stuff i found isnt chicken breast but rather, i guess just chicken leftovers has 30 grmas protein 13 grams of fat per can any good? or is this stuff no good?

I would probably stick to Tuna or some other canned meat. The chicken has a lot of protein but that is a lot of fat as well and it is not of the healthy variety.

FOXY
03-07-2003, 12:22 PM
it depends what brand your getting. i put alot of mustard on it, relish, and onions and mix it.

Nyarlathotep
03-07-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Ferdo
i Cant find any canned chicken breast at the stores here in Canada? Anyone know where i can get it

It's everywhere dude. Look in the canned meat/fish section of your local Loblaws, Dominion, A&P etc. I eat it every now and again when I'm tired of Tuna. I just usually mixed it in with some nuked frozen veggies and occasionally brown rice. It's not bad that way.

Nyarlathotep