PDA

View Full Version : Operation Muscle

Xg74
03-03-2003, 06:46 PM
I'll go ahead and start my routine, and with it a journal.

First of all I want to thank all of the WBB for answering my questions, and I'm sure I'll have plenty more so I hope I'm not too annoying. ;)

I've been lifting for about two years, First I was a push-up freak because I was sad that I couldn't do many at one of my JROTC leadership camps, then turned to a curl jockey without any equipment (just a bag with a lot of heavy stuff in it) and now looking to lift correctly.

I am now going to be doing Westside. This routine I will be posting is for my reference, and the assistance work will most likely change in a few weeks, but thats alright, its just there to help me remember for this week.

Westside Routine

Sunday: DE Squat/Deadlift
Speed Squats: 8 sets 2-3 reps 50% 1RM
Speed Deadlifts: 6 sets 1 rep 60% 1RM
* Hypers: 3 sets 5-8 reps
* SLDL: 3 sets 5-8 reps
* Leg Press: 3 sets 4-6 reps
* Leg Press Calf Extensions: 3 sets 4-6 reps
* Ab work: To failure
* Shrugs
Monday: ME Bench
ME Exercise: Work up to single Max, 6-8 sets
* Tricep Extension: 6 sets 6-10 reps
* Military Press: 3 sets 5 reps
* Lateral Raises: 3 sets 5 reps
* Rowing Movement: 4 sets 5-8 reps
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: ME Squat/Deadlift
ME Exercise: Work up to a single max
* Hypers: 3 sets 8-12 reps
* Leg Press Calf Extensions: 3 sets 4-6 reps
* Abs: Failure
Thursday: Rest
Friday: DE Bench
Speed Flat Bench: 8 sets 3 reps 60% 1RM
* Pec Fly: 3 sets 5-7 reps
* Tricep Extension: 6 sets 6-10 reps
* Military Press: 3 sets 5 reps
* Rear Laterals: 3 sets 5-8 reps
* Rowing Movement: 4 sets 5-8 reps
* Curling Movement: 2 sets 6-10 reps
Saturday: Rest

* All assistance work subject to change

Shane
03-03-2003, 07:18 PM
:spam: :alcoholic :shoot:

There...spam for the thread, a bottle to christen with, and some gunshots going off in celebration. Everything a new journal needs. Good luck Xg74.

_-_v_-_
03-03-2003, 07:22 PM
Just out of curiousity, if you are just starting a routine, how do you know if you have a super recovery gene?

The only reason I ask is that, when I first started, I thought the same thing; it was only after I wasted three months on a split similar to your own that I realized I needed more rest.

Xg74
03-03-2003, 08:04 PM
I'm just starting this routine, this particular routine is new to me, I used to be a machine man until a few months ago when I began a simple routine with free weights (the one I asked about in the training forum) which worked for awhile, until I began overtraining (working it every day). ;)

Should I add two rest days before I start again? Do you recommend it? I can only gain, so I suppose I could try it, see if it works even better. I used to go every other day with decent results (on machines too!) But if you guys really think I should add more rest before I start over, then I can experiment. :)

Or should I do push, rest, pull, cardio, push etc? Any input is appreciated. :)

_-_v_-_
03-03-2003, 08:10 PM
Honestly, if you are training with sufficient intensity, I think one push day, one pull day, and one leg day per week is more than adequate.

I personally train with a similar routine (chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders/traps, and legs) and have been noticing nothing but progress.

More rest rarely, if ever, hurts.

Xg74
03-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Workout for today: Push

Flat BB Bench: 180x5, 175x5, 165x5
Pec Deck (fly maching thingy): 135x5, 130x5, 125x5
Military Press (First time!): 95x5, 90x5, 85x5 (harder than I thought!)
Dips: bwx8, bwx6, bwx4

I don't know if the burn down principle is the best, but it has been working for me so far, but does working up to a weight, then bringing it down better, or is it just a preference among people here?

_-_v_-_: Alright, I edited my routine, and now I think I will add a seperate leg day. Is having two days rest enough between pull day and leg day for doing deadlifts (I don't squat)? You've been a big help already. I was basing my super recover gene off of the fact that my push-up count sky rocketed from doing every other day. Went from about 45 in two minutes to 120!:eek:

Shane: Thanks man, always gotta have that spam! :)

_-_v_-_
03-03-2003, 08:54 PM
Re: Burn down.

I prefer the heaviest set first (after warmups); I then decrease weight each subsequent set, if necessary.

Re: training legs.

If you are going to be incorporating deadlifts, I would give yourself more than two days rest. I know that when I did deadlifts and squats in the same week, I rapidly overtrained my legs even with three days rest in between the two. What you might do is squat heavy one week and deadlift heavy the next week (both on leg day).

ectx
03-04-2003, 01:00 AM
Welcome to journal land. That number...on your sig...would that be the answer to life the universe and everything?

fuzz
03-04-2003, 08:45 AM
Hey, welcome!

Good luck with your program. I would be very careful with doing HIIT the day before legs. You really want to go into your leg day fresh, and if you hit HIIT hard the previous day that is not going to happen. Maybe put HIIT after your leg day, or just do light cardio the day after legs?

Xg74
03-04-2003, 10:59 AM
ectx: Yep, 42. ;)

fuzz: Good point, I really didn't notice where I put that. Thanks! I think I'll just put it after my pull day. I am pretty used to cardio, so it shouldn't be too much of a butt kicking.

I am feeling those military presses now, and those dips. Dips are fun, but not on an unstable dip platform (it almost knocked over!).

Forgot to post my stats.

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 175#
BF%: (guessing) 18%?
Waist: 32"
Chest: 40"
Neck: 16 1/2"
Arms: 15"
Forarm: 11"
Thighs: 23"
Calves: 15.5"

And my goals are to become as strong as I can. I am a tank cremember in the Army, and we do a lot of heavy lifting, (which is why the deadlift is important to me) And also one day I want to be able to compete in the worlds strongest man competition (or the natural equivalent, I don't like steroids and it looks like they may all use gear).

Xg74
03-04-2003, 06:50 PM
A rest day today, and I am going to go get a protein supplement in about an hour. Designer whey probably, as it is cheap (around $10 for 2lbs!(at Trader Joes)) Going to get soy and whey, just to try both.

I won't post my diet for now, as I still have to get serious about it.

Xg74
03-05-2003, 10:48 PM
Workout for today: Pull & Leg
I had to do leg today because I have a PT competition on Saturday, and still want to get my legs in this week.

Standing BB curl (in the squat rack! :D ): 85x5, 85x5, 80x5

Bent over BB row: 155x5, 150x5, 145x5

BB Shrugs: 165x5, 165x5, 165x5

Deadlift: 145x5, 140x5, 135x5 (Don't laugh! tuttut)

Seated Calf: 3 platesx5, 3+35x5 3+35x5

Leg Press: 6x5, 6+50x5, 6+50x5

Chin-ups: bwx6, bwx4, bwx4

I havn't really used free weights for my back, so I am not really used to it, nor for my traps, so it was a challenge, but hey, you've got to start somewhere. Oh, and I deadlifted (from the ground of course) shrugged, and rowed in the squat rack too. :p

I had my first protein shake yesterday, and it wasn't to bad. It didn't mix well with milk though, so I had my post workout shake in water, and it wasn't to bad, and mixed well. I also bought some soy (hey it tastes pretty damn good!) that I will mix with foods I eat, like oatmeal. :)

_-_v_-_
03-05-2003, 10:52 PM
I'd use whey over soy, personally, particulary post-workout.

25g whey protein + 1 roll of SweetTarts = great post-workout meal.

Xg74
03-05-2003, 11:06 PM
I just use soy throughout the day, and Designer Whey post workout. :) SweetTarts? Hmm, me thinks me might try some. Is it the dextrose, or something else in it that makes em' good for you?

Xg74
03-06-2003, 10:27 PM
A rest day today. A lot of homework.

I think I might try squating now, and take out the leg press, and deadlift on my back days. Legs tend to recover quickly right? Two days sufficient?

Anyhow, I discovered these little miracle snacks, that have 7g protein, 1g fat and 17g carbs with 110 calories, they are called soy crisps. Oh, and they have no partially hydroginated oils in them either.
I didn't count calories, nor do I remember what I ate, but I think I consumed around 3000 calories today. Now when I want to eat a lot of calories it seems hard to. I need to start eating more I think, possibly with 4000 calories per day. I don't mind gaining some fat (or a lot) I'll just go into a cutting cycle when it gets to be too much. :)

No one like to comment here? Or am I too weak to be worthy of comments? :p

Ah, I;m just kidding. I just found out that to pass one of my classes all I have to do is breath! Its amazing, no work is expected at all! :eek:

Xg74
03-08-2003, 09:51 PM
03/08/03

Had a PT competition today. I performed 131 sit-ups in two minutes, 71 push-ups in two minutes, and ran a 7:30 mile. And did a lot of walking, as I was in charge of a drill meet (for JROTC).

_-_v_-_
03-08-2003, 10:00 PM
Heh.

Legs recovery quickly :).

Say that after your first time squatting heavy :)

rookiebldr
03-08-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Xg74
Deadlift: 145x5, 140x5, 135x5 (Don't laugh! tuttut)

No self-respecting WBBer would ever laugh at someone who deadlifts. Good going, these will improve as you get the hang of them.

I've with _-_v_-_, going heavy with good form and you will not be thinking that they recover quickly.

Xg74
03-08-2003, 10:14 PM
I can just imagine next saturday, after squating, and almost breaking myself as I cannot stand up for the final rep!

Thanks for the support guys. :) Deadlifting has been fun, if not challenging. :)

Xg74
03-09-2003, 07:52 PM
Rest day today.

I can really feel those push-ups that I did yesterday, especially in my pectoralis minor, or it could be the outer portion of my pectoralis major, or both. I might not do my push workout tommorrow, but postpone it until tuesday, of course it all depends on how I feel tommorrow. I may just give it a go, as an experiment in my muscle recovery, see if I can't bench 185 for at least 5. 180 was easy last week (not that easy, but still not very challenging, still died at 5 reps). My abs feel fine today though, as do my legs. My knees actually feel good, and after standing and almost constant walking for 12 hours straight!

Now I feel those pushups in my lats as well! (upper portion of the latissimus dorsi).

Good diet today, plenty of turkey breast deli meat, and whole grain foods, as well as cottage cheese (1% milkfat) and oatmeal with 11g of soy mixed in. (soy because "they" say to get protein from various sources, Whey is my pre and post workout shake choice).

Xg74
03-09-2003, 07:53 PM
Oh, if Chris Mason ever stops by here, what do you think of my routine? What would you change about it if anything?

Xg74
03-10-2003, 08:42 PM

I improved on everything today (well no dip belt, so couldn't strap on any weight, but did more reps!)

Flat BB Bench: 185x4, 180x4, 175x4
Pec Deck (fly maching thingy): 140x5, 135x5, 130x5
Military Press: 100x5, 95x6, 90x6
Dips: bwx10, bwx8, bwx4 (really burnt out on these here, I need a dipping belt too :cry:)

Post workout meal included some peanuts and marshmellows, as I had to take my training partner home I had no time to make a shake right afterwards, but had 2 scoops of Designer Whey Choco in 10oz water as soon as I got home. Overall I feel great, and hope to be able to 1RM 250 by this summer.

Note to self, never ever participate in PT whenever I can have an excuse! PT bad, my routine good!

;)

Xg74
03-10-2003, 11:46 PM
Well, my parents are questioning whether or not I really need to be purchasing protein powders, and say that I am getting too much (and eating too much). They want to talk to a doctor about protein and calorie intake before I can make my next purchase of protein powder (which will Optimum 100% Whey from 1fast400.com). I did reference them to this site, and they may just check it out. Whenever I talk to people about weightlifting I always reference Chris and how he can curl more than I can currently bench press. Its just freaking amazing. If you are reading this Chris, have you ever thought about competeing in a strong man competition?

Saint Patrick
03-11-2003, 12:06 AM
I performed 131 sit-ups in two minutes, 71 push-ups in two minutes, and ran a 7:30 mile.

Damn, that's really impressive.

Oh, and ditch the marshmallows.

Xg74
03-11-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Saint Patrick

Damn, that's really impressive.

Oh, and ditch the marshmallows.

Thanks. :) Your feeding my ego now. :D

The marshmellows were a last minute thing. I had no money and wanted some sort of maltodextron source for after my workout. I will not be doing that again, as they do taste bad with peanuts as well. I purchased some SweetTarts for future workouts. :)

rookiebldr
03-11-2003, 11:18 PM
*waits for Chris' posts.*

Xg74
03-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Workout for today: Pull

Standing BB curl (in the squat rack! ): 90x5, 90x3, 80x5

Bent over BB row: 160x3, 155x3, 150x4

BB Shrugs: 175x5, 175x5, 175x5

Deadlift: 150x5, 150x5, 150x5

Chin-ups: bwx8, bwx6, bwx5

Overall a good workout, but I am not pleased with my Bent over rows, I got to three, then the bar started slipping and I couldn't quite get it up all the way to my waist. I really need to work on my grip more. Also, my grip gave out before my traps did when I shrugged, I believe I could do more weight if my grip was up to it.

I tihnk that I am going to stay with the same weight and progress in reps until I hit around 8-10, then add more weight. :)

Had peanuts, SweetTarts and a whey shake post workout. Am almost out of whey, need to order me some Optimum 100% Whey.

I'm waiting for Chris as well. (Why won't you speak to me Chris! :cry: )

Just kidding. I just would like you to critique my routine. :)

MonStar
03-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Nice pull session man, impressive weights. Curious why you start with barbell curls though? Doesnt make much sense to me.

Xg74
03-12-2003, 09:55 PM
Thanks MonStar, not quite as strong as you, but I'm getting there. :)

I haven't a clue why I curl first. I guess I just want to show off my impressive muscles to all the pretty ladies there? No I haven't got impressive muscles yet. But I suppose I should deadlift first, then row, then shrug, then curl, then pull up?

MonStar
03-12-2003, 10:04 PM
Actually Xg I wouldnt even do it that way to be honest. I would do it something a little differently. Well, here is how your workout went:

Standing BB curl (in the squat rack! ): 90x5, 90x3, 80x5

Bent over BB row: 160x3, 155x3, 150x4

BB Shrugs: 175x5, 175x5, 175x5

Deadlift: 150x5, 150x5, 150x5

Chin-ups: bwx8, bwx6, bwx5

You want to work large musclegroups first, so I would do something like this.

1st: Chin-ups---blast your lats hard here. Add some weight to your BW eventually.

2nd: Bentover BB row---blast your lats again here, and try not to smoke your lower back too much because deadlifts are next.

3rd: Deadlifts---do these after bentover rows, because if you do them before bentover rows your lower back will be destroyed during bentover rows.

4th: BB Shrugs---optional if you ask me, I think deadlifts hit your traps hard enough.

5th: BB curls---finish up with some good biceps sets.

Just my $.02. :):)

EDIT: By the way Xg, I neglected to tell you why you shouldnt do BB curls first. By exhausting your biceps, by the time you get to your bentover rows and chins, your biceps will be too tired to perform optimally.

Xg74
03-12-2003, 10:15 PM
Oh, ok. Thats cool. I'll try that next week then. Thank you. :)

MonStar
03-12-2003, 10:22 PM
No problem mna, good luck with it. You should feel a good bit stronger on the chins and the rows I think. See what you think and lemme know. Ill check out your workout next week.

Xg74
03-14-2003, 08:56 AM
Alright, next week I leave on Thursday for my JROTC corps' spring leadership camp, so my calories are regulated for me (about 3000, not nearly enough with what we do) and I will have no access to any kind of weight room for 5 days (nor any glutamine as they won't let me bring any). So with that happening I am going to do my legs today (my lower back is feeling ok) and will do my push on monday, my pull and legs again on tuesday (3 days hopefully will be enough). During the 5 days there will be what I consider "light" PT in the morning, but other than that no other real muscular exersion throughout the day. (lots of walking though).

I have never squated before, ever so this will be a treat for me. I used the two videos posted as well as other sources to get what the form should be, and have concluded that I am going to go way past parallel (almost ATF) and have a good leg width picked out. I went ahead and "practice squated" with my school backpack (20#'s) on to get a feel for extra weight and now just have to get used to having a bar on my shoulders. Good times!

Xg74
03-14-2003, 08:10 PM
Workout for today: Legs

Squat: 155x7 170x7 165x6
I did better than I thought I would do. In fact I think that I may be able to do more, as I wasn't too tired, just wanted to settle with a weight before I overtrained.

Leg-Press: 6x5 6x5 6x12! (went to failure)

Seated Calf Raise: 3x5 3x5 3x5
Always feels like I am ripping something in my calf so I progress slowly. I need to stretch more!

Overall I feel I could have done more, done better. I suppose thats all behind me now and I can only look to do better next time.

Oh yeah, I couldn't stand up very well after the Leg-Press!
Your right, they won't recover quick! I almost fell down the stairs :help:

I love squats now, can't wait until next week! But then I have no access to any weight room for 5 days :cry:!

I went ahead and ordered some Optimum 100% Whey from 1fast400, so it should arrive within 2-5 business days. It does taste decent right?

Xg74
03-15-2003, 08:58 PM
My legs are still stiff and hurting (the good kind) today! I suppose I shouldn't have gone as intense as I had (although it didn't seem that intense). I may not do legs next week and allow myself time to recover. It is still hard to walk correctly, and going up or down stairs is even harder!

Xg74
03-15-2003, 09:04 PM
Oh yeah, and I bruised my upper back near the base of my neck from squatting. I didn't think much of the small pain there last night after my workout, but now there is a red mark at the base of my neck (just about on the spinous process, or that little protruding vertebrae). I suppose that next time I squat I'll put the bar lower on the upper portion of my mid back so as to avoid any such injuries.

Xg74
03-16-2003, 07:00 PM

Still no dipping belt.

Flat BB Bench: 185x4, 180x4, 160x4 155x4
I checked my form and noticed that I didn't go down as far as I had though, so these were much more difficult. I set it at 175 for my last set, but just couldn't do it, so I set the weight at 160 and did my best and added one more set just for the hell of it.

Pec Deck (fly maching thingy): 140x6, 135x4, 130x3
Somehow did worse on these although did one more rep at 140 which probably made me more exhausted for the rest.

Tricep Cable Pulldown: 85x6 85x4 85x4
Added these in to work my triceps more as mentally I believe that my bench is not improving very well, so I hope that strengthening my triceps will help.

Military Press: 120x4 115x4 105x6
Really improved here. It was an accident though as I had forgotten what I had done last session and assumed I did 115 for reps for some reason.

Dips: bwx12 bwx8
Only did two sets as I was exhausted after the tricep pulldowns, but I did improve though! (time to get a dip belt!)

Mentally I am feeling as if my bench press isn't really what it could be, and may even be getting weaker, so I am going to increase the weight of the pec-fly and pulldowns and keep everything else the same and try to improve in reps. I will be having my next push day with my pull day next wednesday, and am going to have my pull and leg day for this week tommorrow. I hate JROTC and how it interferes with my workout schedule. The next JROTC event that interferes I am just to refuse to go to, I have goals and I want to meet them before I head off to basic training. :)

Post workout consisted of peanuts, Balance Gold bar, SweetTarts, and cottage cheese.

Xg74
03-16-2003, 07:00 PM
Oh, and my legs are still sore, as well as my glutes.

Xg74
03-17-2003, 11:30 PM
Workout for Today: Pull

Chin-ups: bwx10 bwx6 bwx4

Bent Over BB Row: 160x4 160x4 155x4
I improved by 1 rep here, and also did my second set at 160 here with the same reps as the last set! So I think I improved pretty good here. Going to stay at this weight for the next couple of pull days.

Deadlifts: 185x5 185x4 185x4
I really improved here. My form wasn't the tightest, so i'm going to stay at this weight and work on that, and my grip gave out before my back did.

BB Shrug: 180x6 185x4 185x6
Improved here as well, my workout partner helped me get the six for the last set by helping me manifest my anger for something. Once again, my grip gave out before my traps.

BB Curl: 95x5 95x4 90x3
I improved here too, my form on the last rep of the last set was pretty bad though, some big guy was staring at me because I rocked a little and my face was almost exploding.

Overall I am pretty happy, gains on everything. My workout partner is the best workout partner ever, he can truly motivate people. And he is a good spotter.

Postworkout consisted of peanuts SweetTarts and what is called a Giant Chicken Bowl which is a huge bowl with chicken, pinto beans, lettuce, tomato (diced), and white rice. Damn its good and healthy! (and absolutely a huge serving!) (which can be purchased at California Chicken for those that live in Battle Ground or Vancouver Washington).

I like your suggestion MonStar, it really felt like a better workout this time, and was certainly more challenging. Now how would I go about getting out of a plataeu on the bench press? DB's?

Xg74
03-18-2003, 10:48 PM
Workout for Today: Legs

Squat: 180x7 180x5 170x8
I upped the weight because it was kind of easy at 170, and it was somewhat more difficult at 180, but I think I will up it the next time to 190.

Leg Press: 7 platesx6 7x4 6+35x4
On the last rep of the 2nd and 3rd set I passed gas, really loud on the 3rd set, and lost my concentration dammit!

Seated Calf Raise: 3 plates+35x7 3+35x10 3+35x4
It really felt a if I was tearing something, so I did not want to push it on the last set.

Standing Smith Calf Raise: 275x5
Added this because it does not feel as if I am tearing something when I do it. Should I count the bar when adding up weight with the smith?

Not a bad workout overall, my calves feel horrible though, I suppose I just need to stretch more.

Post workout consisted of: Peanuts and the Wonka equivalent to SweetTarts (with Dextrose and Maltodextron as the first two ingredients, and not much else besides that).

Xg74
03-19-2003, 04:44 PM
My Optimum Whey came in today and I had a glass of it. It is really good. It actually tasted like chocolate. Damn, that was some nice Whey. A rest day today, and tommorrow. Tommorrow afteroon I get to depart to Camp Rilea for our spring leadership camp and will have to get by on push-ups, running, and situ-ups. Maybe I'll improvize and make some sort of weights to use for the bench press and deadlifting. Or I'll just have someone sit on me while I do push-ups. Wouldn't that suffice?

Just about the only cool thing about this camp is that I will an officer (just about the highest ranking as well) and will get to tell people what to do, if they piss me I off I get to have them "beat their face" and do push-ups and all sorts of cool things. Lucky me!

Xg74
03-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Well I'm back. I actually lost some fat weight from going to the leadership camp. My lean body mass seems to be the same. I did injure my shoulder, but it seems that the muscle is tight and needs to be stressed, and or it could just be a ligiment, or a tendon problem. I may or may not go to the gym today. I have tried to aggrivate my shoulder by doing lifting motions (deadlifting, curling, rowing etc) with things I pick up (that are not too light) and don't seem to get any pain what so ever. In fact, right now its fine, regardless of how I move it. who knows though. Oh, now it hurts when I bring my shoulder close to my body with the muscle flexed, so it is a deltoid problem. My posterior deltoid is slightly red. I may go to the gym just to experiement (with low weight gradually getting higher until massive pain/discomfort) to try to determine whether or not I should see a doctor or just rest for awhile. But maybe not.

Xg74
03-26-2003, 11:10 PM
No workout, I was opening a plastic package of food with my hands (pulling outwards) and the pain was more than mild as I was pulling away from my body. I could hardly pull with my right arm, as the shoulder pain was just too great as I applied more and more force. I am goign to rest for a week (more if needed) taking IBprofun during the day and keeping my calorie intake slightly lower, protein will remain the most similar.

Xg74
03-27-2003, 09:04 PM
Shoulder getting better. I suspect that by monday I should be alright. Still eating a lot, not protein shake today though.

Xg74
03-28-2003, 09:32 PM
Workout for Today: Legs

Squat: 185x7 180x7 175x8
I came back strong. My form was alright on the first, but improved from then on. I used a wide "powerlifter" stance as it seems to be the most stable for me. Anything wrong with that kind of a stance?

Leg Press: 6+70x7 6+70x5 6+70x11 8x5
No passing gas this time. I thought I would take it easier on the first sets but thought it was pretty easy and upped it to 8 total plates.

Calf Raise (on leg press): 6+70x11 8x10 8x10
I decided to use the leg press as my calf raising machine as it was convenient, and didn't give me any pain in my calves.

Overall it was a good workout, I progressed on everything, and I didn't use the pad device for the bar while squating. Didn't hurt at all. I suppose the PT we did (everyday mind you) at the leadership camp was beneficial, or it was just not enough, so I was really recovering. :)

Post-workout consisted of a pre-mixed protein shake, and 4 rolls of Smarties (ingredients: Dextrose, Citric Acid, Calcium Stearate, Artificial Flavors and Colors) And soon am going to consume one package (about 1/2#) deli cut turkey with some sort of bread (seperate though).

I found out that my shoulder really is not injured, the pain is from the swelling (slight) from my collar bone area, there is a red spot on that area on the base of my traps (near the upper portion of the lateral deltoid) so nothing really is wrong, aside from some pain from possibly a bruise or something of the like. Push on monday, pull on wednesday, and I might keep legs on friday. :)

Xg74
03-30-2003, 09:29 PM

Shoulder problem really is just a small (albiet sometimes painful while in odd positions) bruise of some kind, no pain whatsoever while doing anything at the gym. Decided to work push today because I really couldn't wait until tommorrow. :D Pull day will be on Wednesday though.

Flat BB Bench: 185x2 175x4 165x3
My form was spot on this time, but I noticed that because of the camp I had lost some strength. Would it be advisable to drop the starting weight I do (after warm-up) to around 160, and build from there? Making sure I can hit 10 nicely formed reps before moving on? Any input is appreciated.

Incline DB Press: 50x5 45x4 40x5
These were much harder than anticipated. They felt so good though! I love em'! I think I will keep these and throw out the pec fly for now. Pecs were absolutely dead after the 40's went to complete failure.

Military Press: 120x4 120x2 115x3
Improved a little here, on the 2nd set I improved as well as the 3rd set. I guess the shoulder workouts were pretty effective during that camp.

Dips: bwx15 bwx12
I improved quite well on these, but I need a dip belt now. :(

Postworkout consisted of smarites and a pre-made shake (made then taken with me), as well as a Met-Rx 100g bar.

Overall the workout was alright, aside from the loss of bench strength. I think I will lower the weight, and work to 10 reps, then up the weight, going for 10 reps before increasing again. I will bring it down to 170 next push day. Sound good? Chris? Anyone?

Xg74
03-30-2003, 10:00 PM
Oh, I forgot to add, I am gaining a gut. No longer do I have a flat stomach, but I nice big ol' gut. I may only have like 15% body fat (it is more like 20% though), but it is all concetrated in my damn gut. I may cut soon, or if I have success with HIIT (starting tommorrow) I'll go ahead and just do a lot (3 times a week) of that. Its starting to annoy me now, when I was running (as a "runner" at a drill meet on Saturday) I could feel it moving back and forth. So does HIIT really work well? Does it take awhile before fat metabolization is noticable? Or should I just cut and not worry about just HIIT? Any advice is appreciated.

Xg74
03-31-2003, 09:15 PM
Chris gave me some pointers so I changed my routine a little. Deadlifts are going to move to leg day, alternating with squats. I am going to try a seated chest supported row, and I am going to buy myself a dip belt, or I am going to have to start holding FB's between my legs somehow.

Sometime in the near future I am also going to switch my routine to a Westside stye routine. But I am not so sure on how to go about doing that yet.

Looking at Monday ME Bench, Tuesday Rest, Wednesday ME SQ/DL, Thursday Rest, Friday DE Bench, Saturday Rest, Sunday DE SQ/DL. Sound good?

Xg74
04-01-2003, 07:29 PM
I think I am going to do pull today, and rest the rest of the week and start Westside on Monday. Chains and bands are out of the question for now, but one I get back from Basic training and AIT (this coming December) I'll be able to buy some.

I want to thank you again for checking my routine Chris, I think I'll use it again once I get tired of Westside. :) My size is alright, I just want to get stronger, much stronger. Oh, and I will be deadlifting today, going for 250lbs for at least 3/4 of the way. I made a deal that if my friend could get 25 people to sign a pice of paper, and I could pull 250lbs for at least 3/4 of a rep that I would play the drums for some event for him. :)

Xg74
04-02-2003, 09:24 PM
Workout for Today: Pull

Chin-ups: bwx9 bwx7
I weigh more now than I did last time, so these were more difficult. I only did two sets to warm up for deadlifting, which was the focus of today's workout

Deadlifts: 250x1 260x1 225x2
I actually did it! I pulled 250 with good form!!!!!!!! Then I upped it to 260!!!!!! Holy hell I had no idea I could do that!!!!! I'm so proud of myself for doing that. I am stronger than I think I am. A little confidence goes a long way.

Seated Row: 180x4 180x4 180x4
Last time I did this I could get 205, but thats alright. My back was tired from those awesome deads. Felt good to do these again.

BB Shrug: 195x5 200x4 195x4
Improved here as well. My grip gave out before my traps did though.

BB Curl: 100x3 95x3 95x2+1 cheat
I just had to cheat on the last rep, I flailed it up as I bent back, still was working my biceps though. The first 2 had decent form though. ;)

Overall I am pleased with my workout, although I didn't get the reps I wanted on the curls. Oh yeah, they were in the power rack. ;)

Westside is starting on this upcoming monday (beginning of spring break for me). Also, I have to play the drums now because of my awesome deadlifts.

Xg74
04-04-2003, 10:13 AM
Did HIIT just a few minutes ago for the first time. The most difficult thing I have ever done. I almost threw up afterwards. Only about 3-5 second sprinting intervals with 45s-1 minute resting. I was sprinting at my max speed, even making grunting noises as I was going along. 7 minutes total HIIT session. I hope to do it again on Sunday, and will do it regularly on Saturdays after that.

MonStar
04-04-2003, 12:47 PM
Good luck with Westside Xg74, really hope that you enjoy it. Your strength will most likely shoot way up---hope things work out well for you. Nice Pull session by the ways, strength lookin' good.

Xg74
04-05-2003, 01:05 PM
Thanks Monstar. I hope it shoots up as well. Good luck with keeping your routine and gaining what you want.

Xg74
04-05-2003, 10:22 PM
I went ahead and tested my squat max and it came out to be 220lbs. I also introduced my self to the Good Morning. I did a few reps with the bar to get used to it, then a few reps with 85lbs total to get the feel of weight on it. Calf work as well (using the leg press),
8 plates x 5
10 plates x 5
10 plates +70 x 5

Can't wait until my ME Bench day. Get to test my max!

MonStar
04-06-2003, 09:37 AM
LOL, testing your maxes are a lotta fun. I really think you should be sure to get a lot of sleep the night before, and eat a TON of calories the day before. Make sure your glycogen stores are completely full. Good luck with it man.. what are you looking to hit?

Xg74
04-06-2003, 02:07 PM
Thanks man, they are a lot of fun arn't they? I agree, sleep is very very important when maxing, something I hardly get sometimes.

For bench I am hoping of putting up at least 205. But I guess it will all be on how I feel that day.

Oh yeah, I like your new sig, it looks nice. Your row strength looks impressive.

Xg74
04-07-2003, 08:23 PM
ME Bench

Flat BB Bench (Max Test more or less):
45x10 (warmup) 95x3 115x3 135x1 145x1 155x1 185x1 195x1 200x1 205xmiss
200 was my max, I was hpoing for at least 205, but I went to a new gym today to check it out, so that may have somethign to do with it. Oh well it will increase soon.

Seated Tricep Extension (with tricep bar):
40(not counting weight of bar)x5 40x6 40x5 40x5

Seated Military Press:
95x5 95x6 105x4 105x4

T-bar Row:
90x5 135x3 125x4 125x4

Bent over Lateral:
15x7 15x7 20x3

Hammer Curls:
40x5 35x6

I like Westside already, and think I will enjoy it. Total time in the gym was around 1:15 because it was a new gym I was checking out. Someone was doing good mornings and that completely shocked me. They even had a dip belt there! but no dipping station :(. The T-bar rows were much more difficult than I thought they would be. I tried to do them as to work my lats more, with the bar coming up towards the neck more and not the waist.

Lots of fun!

Xg74
04-08-2003, 06:05 PM
Alrighty. My triceps are completely sore today, damn that was a nice workout yesterday.

Anyhow, I went to http://www.rustyiron.net/bodyfat.htm and measured my bodyfat %. I do not have a caliper so I had to estimate with a tape measurer. To measure, I flexed the area and pinched the fat, and made a measurement using the tape. I am confident that my estimates are close. It seems that I have a 17% body fat, much lower than I though. This also means that I have large organs. My gut does tend toward sticking out if I do not suck it in some. When I flex my stomach, it comes in to form a nice flat surface, with a little bit of fat on top of it. I suppose my question to those that read my journal is, is the stomach naturally slightly bulgy for some people? Do some people have to suck it in some (even though they havn't much fat there) to achieve a nice appearance? I am not taking HGH, so that is not the cause. I guess that cutting is not the answer, but I could still bulk and be alright in the body fat department. I guess my genes just gave me big organs. ;)

Xg74
04-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Did the 7 point measurement, and came out to around 19.8%. Still not too bad.

Xg74
04-09-2003, 10:39 PM
ME SQ/DL

Deadlift: 135x3 185x1 225x1 265x1 270x1 275x1 280xmiss
Turns out that 275 is my max. I am incredibly proud of myself. My workout partner let me know that I had the classic deadlift face while pulling 275. :)

Leg Press: 8platesx7 10platesx5 10platesx5

Leg Press Calf Extensions: 12platesx7 14platesx6 14platesx7

SLDL: barx10 95x6 145x7
First time doing SLDL's. They really do work the hamstrings.

Hyper Extension: bwx10 bw+10x10
First time doing this as well. The hyper extension is the exercise where the upper body is extended up and down right?

Decline Sit-Ups: bwx70 bw+25x20

A nice workout today. While me and my partner were deadlifting, a personal trainer comes up and asks "how are the deadlifts going?" It was great, I thought he was going to ask me to stop or something, but it turns out he's also a fan of them. Hot damn, my YMCA is very tolerant of power-lifters. Maybe i'll get some chains and bands and bring those in and see what happens. ;)

Xg74
04-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Alright, my abs are ****ed up today. My lower abs are so sore they actually hurt at times (its hard to stand up straight). Dammit. And I have a PT test tommorrow! They won't let me waive it without a doctors note, and I don't want to spend money I don't have just so someone can agree with me.

DE Bench today, I'm going to go a little later, my speed bench will be with 120lbs (60% 1RM).

Xg74
04-11-2003, 04:51 PM
DE Bench

Speed Bench: 120x3 120x3 120x3 120x5 120x5 135x5 135x3 135x3

Pec Fly: 135x7 140x5 135x4

Tate Press: (First Time!) 35x6 30x5 30x5 30x5
Damn those were harder than I thought! They really hit the triceps good though. I like them!

Military Press: 115x4 105x4 100x5

Bent Over Rear Delt: 20x5 20x4 15x6

BO BB Row: 115x6 135x5 155x4

Incline Curl: 30x7 35x4 35x5

The gym was pretty busy, but my workout was pretty intense, I was sweating and even breating hard after my BB rows. Damn that was nice.

I may skip my DE SQ/DL because Sunday I'll be getting back from my weekend Drill, so I may be too tired to do anything. Who knows though.

Damn those Tate Presses are good. Thanks for posting that pic of it MonStar. ;)

Xg74
04-13-2003, 05:52 PM
Christ I was so damn hungry this morning. We woke up at 4:00 dressed and headed out at 4:45 on a road march, then went into an FTX until 9:00. I was cold, wet, sweaty, dirty, and hungry, but hell, I loved every minute of it. When we finally could get some chow it took so god dammed long. I was about ready to kill someone so I could have chow. I was in a severe state of muscle catabolism dammit, but oh well. My muscle glycogen was gone in the first hour, and was operating on fat and protein after that. I think that what I did this morning counts as HIIT, with moments of intense energy expenditure followed by long moments of rest. I tore up my hands, knees, and elbows on the FTX, so I am going to be skipping DE SQ/DL today (rescheduling it for tommorrow), and ME Bench tommorrow (rescheduling it for Tuesday for this week), and I may not be able to squat again because of knee problems, but hopefully squating will be able to make it better and not worse, we will see. Christ I'm sore.

Xg74
04-14-2003, 07:23 PM
DE SQ/DL

Speed Squat (no box yet): 115x3x8

Speed Deadlift: 140x1x8

Good AM's: 95x7 115x7 125x7

Leg Press: 8platesx6 10platesx4 10+25x6

Leg Press Calf Extensions: 12platesx6 14platesx7 16platesx6

Hyper Extension: BW+10x10 BW+20x10 BW+45x10

Abs: Negative, abs were still hurting.

Today, while doing Good AM's, three very attractive females were checking me out. I feel special now. :D

I forgot, but these are the results of my PT test that I had on Saturday:
Push-ups: 74
Sit-ups: 60 (with pulled/torn/hurting/very sore abs)
2 Mile run: 15:47

The push-ups and sit-ups were all within 2 minutes. And the sit-ups hurt like hell when I did them. I hope I didn't further injure my abs.

Xg74
04-15-2003, 11:32 PM
ME Bench

Pin Presses from Bottom position: 135x3 155x2 165x1 170xmiss

Incline DB Press: 50'sx6 50'sx5 50'sx4

Tate Press: 35x5 40x5 35x4

Military Press: 95x5 95x5 105x4

Bent Over Lateral: 25x5 20x5 20x5

Bent Over BB Row: 155x6 155x4 155x5

Hammer Curl: 45x5 50x3

Those pin presses were harder than I thought they would be. But thats alright, I'm sure I'll improve in those. I chose the bottom position because my sticking point seems to be right off my chest, so I hope to dissolve that. Tate presses still kick my ass. ;)

Franjipani
04-16-2003, 03:32 AM
Deadlift: 135x3 185x1 225x1 265x1 270x1 275x1 280xmiss
Turns out that 275 is my max. I am incredibly proud of myself. My workout partner let me know that I had the classic deadlift face while pulling 275. :)

Woo hoooo....congrats:thumbup:

Its a rather special feeling when all your hard work is appreciated eh??;)

Indulge in the moment!

Xg74
04-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Fran: It certainly is a special feeling. I was so dammed proud when that went up. Thanks for stopping by. :)

ME SQ/DL

Good AM's: 115x3 135x3 155x2 175x2 185x1 195x1 200x1

RDL: 95x9 115x6 155x6

Leg Press: 10plates+25x7 10+50x5 10+75x4

Leg Press Calf Extention: 16platesx6 16x5 16x5.5

That was it. I didn't do any hyperextensions because my lower back was fried from the Romanian Deadlifts and the Good AM's. Over all was a great workout, but I hope I can up the intensity of the rest of my workouts. Abs still hurt though, but thats alright. I hope they recover soon.

Xg74
04-19-2003, 01:28 PM
Workout for April 18th, 2003

DE Bench

Speed Bench: 120x3x8

Pec Fly Machine: 145x7 145x5 140x5

Tricep Rope Pushdown: 120x6 120x5 110x7 110x6 100x5 100x5

Lateral Raises: 20x4 15x6 15x8

Seated Supported Row: 175x7 180x6 185x6

Incline Curl: 40x4 35x5

The workout was great, it was nice and intense! I decided to go ahead and try the recommended 6 sets of tricep work yesterday, and it really felt good.

One of the females that was checking me out on my last DE SQ day was there doing it again, only this time she was on a recumbent bicycle. Another female in blue shorts was looking over her shoulder at me while I was doing tricep pushdowns. Now I feel like ryan1117 now.

Xg74
04-19-2003, 04:33 PM
Well, my gym is going to be closed tommorrow for Easter, so I think I'll go ahead and do my DE SQ/DE day today. I feel alright, and feel as if I could do it, so I'll take that as a sign that I have recovered from my ME day. I'll post it a little later on.

Xg74
04-19-2003, 07:27 PM
DE SQ/DL

Speed Box Squat: 120x3x8
I used a bench for a box as it was at the perfect height of just below parallel. Those were pretty fun to do!

Speed Deadlift: 150x1x8
I actually forgot to rest in between sets, but thats alright, the intensity was damn high, and some people were staring at me as I was pulling it.

SLDL: 150x8 175x7 195x6

Leg Press: 10plates+75x7 10plates+75x6 10plates+75x5

Leg Press Calf Extention: 16plates=25x7 16plates+25x6 16platesx8

Hyperextension: bw+45x10 bw+65x8

Abs: bwx45
I went easy as they are still hurting, but I felt I could do something, and that I should do something. Hopefully by wednesday they will be alright.

Damn nice and intense workout today. The gym was pretty much empty today. Oh yeah, and I fried my lower back with those SLDL's and hyperextensions. :)

Xg74
04-21-2003, 06:35 PM
ME Bench

Pin Presses from bottom position: 95x1 115x1 135x1 155x1 165x1 175x1 180x1 185xmiss

Pec Fly: 150x6 150x5 145x4

Tricep Rope Pushdown (new pulley system): 85x2 70x5 70x5

Skull Crushers: 40x5 60x6

Tricep Rope Pushdown (old pulley system): 130x4

Seated Cable Row: 130x5 130x5 130x5

Cable Lateral Raises: 25x7 30x4 25x5

Hammer Curl: 50x4 45x4

It was really busy today so I had to use the new really hard pulley system for my rope pushdowns, but then after decided to try some skullcrushers for the first time, then I went ahead and used the old pulley system because I wanted to push 130. :D Hammer curls weren't the best form, but I was exhausted from doing cable rows, which I did for the first time, they were harder than I thought. I really felt it in my lats when I held my elbows out from my body. ;) Pretty damn intense. Now I'm tired.

Xg74
04-23-2003, 07:49 PM
ME SQ/DL

Good AM's: 135x3 175x1 185x1 205x1 215x1 220x1

Hyper Extensions: bw+85x10 bw+85x10 bw+85x10 bw+85x10

Pull Throughs: 90x5 120x8 150x5

Leg Extensions: 130x6 140x5 150x5

Squat Machine Calves: 170x6
Seated Calves: 2px10 3px8 4px8

DB Shrugs: 70'sx7 70'sx6 70'sx6

Seated Ab Machine: 110x10 130x8 120x10

I don't think that I am using my hips enough when performing Good AM's, so I don't really feel it in my hips glutes, nor hams. I do feel it heavily in my lower back though! Pullthroughs were fun, I did them just to have an intro to them. They certainly are an interesting exercise, infact I think that a few people were staring at me while I was doing them. It was fairly intense, that 220 on the Good AM's was extremely difficult! Now I can Good AM as much as I can squat! ;)

Xg74
04-27-2003, 08:39 PM
DE SQ/DL

Speed Squat: 130x3x8

Speed Deadlift: 160x1x8

RDL: 185x7 205x3 205x3
My grip was giving out for some reason on the 205 so I had to stop at 3. I need to get some straps or gloves or something.

Hyperextension: bw+90x10 bw+90x8 bw+90x8

Leg Extensions: 150x6 160x6 170x6

Seated Calf Machine: 4platesx8 4plates+20x6 4plates+20x5

DB Shrugs: 75'sx8 75'sx7 75'sx7

Overall a decent workout, but I really wasn't feeling it today. Those squats were not the best speed, but they certainly weren't slow either. The RDL's felt great as did the hyper's. Could really feel it in my hams. ;)

The skipped DE Bench on friday because I had to travel to Bend (Oregon) for the Regional Drill Meet. At that drill meet we (the strength team) placed 4th (and we are 1st in our division). I did not do as well as I could have because I hardly had a breakfast, and did not hydrate myself properly. Oh well though.

Xg74
04-28-2003, 09:29 PM
ME Bench

Incline BB Press: 85x1 105x1 125x1 155x1 165x1 185x1 195x1 200x1 205xmiss

Pec Fly: 155x5 155x4 150x5

Tate Press: 40x4 40x4 40x4 35x4

Seated Cable Row: 140x6 150x5 140x5

Cable Upright Rows: 90x5 90x6 100x6

Incline Hammer Curl: 45x4 40x4

A really intense workout today. I did Incline pressing because My partner forgot to get the boards for a board press, but thats alright. I am suprised that I can press as much at the incline as I can flat. It may mean that I can press more flat now however. :D Tate presses kicked my ass today. They are so much fun. :) I was goitn to T-bar row but it was too busy, and there were no corners availalbe to put the bar dammit. Oh well. I am improving.

Xg74
04-30-2003, 12:36 AM
Did some HIIT today on an elliptical machine, about 5s/55s intervals. Also had an extra recovery session. I did some DB OH presses and flat press (15's for about 10) did some lat pulldowns (2 sets of 30x10) some seated cable rows (20x10) Hammer curls (10'sx7) and some pec-fly (30x8) People were looking at me wierd as I was pressing the 15's overhead. ;) Felt good. If only I had a sled, I could do some sled dragging too! :)

I think I am overworking my grip with the drumming I have been doing (some heavy tribal stuff) so once that is over I should be on track again. I plan to do some rack pulls tommorrow. That is all.

Xg74
04-30-2003, 10:20 PM
ME SQ/DL

Rack Pull's (lower than if 45's on ground): 95x1 120x1 155x1 165x1 185x1 205x1 245x1 295x1 305xgrip failure

Static BB Hold 205x6s 205x6s 205x8s

Farmers Walk: 80'sx40ft 11s 55'sx120ft 43s

Hyper Extension: bw+105x10 bw+105x10 bw+105x10

Pull Throughs: 130x6 150x8 160x7

Leg Extension (single leg L/R): 90x6/6 90x6/6 100x6/6

I noticed today that my grip was really weak. I barely pulled 295 because my grip was failing. My back felt like it could pull at least 350 though. I suppose I am overtraining my grip in a way with all the drumming I have been doing. I am going to be getting straps soon, and will use those and train grip a little more (and stop drumming). I was going to do RDL's but my grip failed trying 195 with those which I had previously done just fine. The deads were lower than normal, me and my partner used 35's as the highest plate due to the height from the floor, so it was much more difficult, which was fun, although he did like 20 sets to find his max which had us at the gym for almost 1 hour 45 minutes :eek:! For punsishment for not doing well with the deadlifting I upped the weight to 105 on the hyper's and added pull throughs. I was exhausted after the pull throughs. :)

Xg74
05-02-2003, 07:48 PM
DE Bench

Speed Bench: 135x3x8 135x1x2

Military Press: 95x7 105x6 115x4 105x5

Tate Press: 40x5 40x3 35x6 35x6

Seated Cable Row: 150x7 150x6 140x6 140x5

Cable Laterals: 30x5 30x4

Bench of Death: 95x25

I had a PT test earlier today which really made things a little more difficult today. 135 felt a little too heavy today, but thats alright. The bench of death is fun! Because of all the other work before hand I found it harder to bring the bar to my chest for some reason when doing the bench of death, shoulders must have been tired and stiff. Tate press still kicks my ass, I tightened up the form, so lost some weight on the last 2 sets and a few reps on the first and second. It was an alright workout, but I can do better, and I know it.

Xg74
05-04-2003, 04:46 PM
DE SQ/DL

Speed box SQ: 135x3x8

Speed DL: 160x1x8

Good Morning: 135x8 155x7 165x7

Hyper Extension: bw+115x10 bw+115x3 bw+115x8

Single Leg Extention (L/R): 100x6/6 100x5/5 90x6/6

Seated Calf: 4platesx10 4plates+25x7 4plates+25x6

BB Shrug (with straps): 205x8 225x6

Incline Abs: bwx20x3

Farmer's Walk: 60'sx120 pretty quick (time not recorded)

Static DB Hold: 80'sx35 seconds

I used the straps for the first time today when I did shrugs to make sure there was no doubt that I would be in control of the bar. I did some grip work though so as to build up my grip. I suppose I need to use "Belial" DB's now or just move on to the BB for static holds though. People were staring at me when I was doing the farmer's walk, poor fools don't know what it is. I am still easing myself into doing ab work as my abs are still tight, so I am stretching before, between each set, and after. Hopefully I can add some weight soon without bad consequences.

Xg74
05-05-2003, 07:35 PM
ME Bench

Incline Press: 95x1 135x1 155x1 175x1 195xmissx2

Tate Press: 40x6 40x5 40x3 35x5

Military Press: 115x6 115x5 110x5 105x5

T-Bar (in corner) Row: 2platesx6 3platesx5

Seated Cable Row:150x6 160x5

I believe that I may be overtraining. I should have at least gotten 195, but I failed at both attempts. I was not, however, sure that I was resting 3-5 minutes as my partner was on a limited schedule, my position was horrible due to the position of the bench (my feet were touching the border of the mats to the carpet, so it was uncomfortable) and I simply was not feeling it, but I still may be overtraining. I will eat well, and will evaluate myself at my DE day, and if my bar speed is not what it can be, than I am going to take a week off. The T-bar rowing was ineffective as I could not get a good position. There simply was not a good corner not occupied, so I had to do some seated cable rowing afterwards (wanted 3 or 4 sets of something anyhow so it worked out).

Xg74
05-05-2003, 09:03 PM
It just occured to me that I could be such that I have to change the lift done every week to get any semblence of progress now. Incline two weeks in a row of maxing can be taxing on the body. Oh well. I have decided that I will eat anything that I see, as long as it is "healthy" to some degree (low in saturated fat, relatively low in sodium, low in cholesterol, or relatively low in sugar, at least one of those requirements). Looking at the posts of other powerlifters here (Adam I think, and others), Fat is my friend, and fat needs to be consumed. I will eat, and eat, and eat, and I will become strong as my goal is to one day become the world's strongest man. And I am going to be participating in the Highland Games in the Seattle Scottish Highland Games (at least I hope to if they accept someone with no experience, although I will practice the required events). Oh, and I am Celtic, I know I am Welsh, and may have some Scottish background. I am also looking to participate in the Skagit Valley Highland Games. Both are in July, so those here from Washington will be able to meet me if they wish to attend those two events, I plan on at least being at them if they do not allow me to compete. ;)

Xg74
05-07-2003, 06:44 PM
ME SQ/DL

Good Morning: 135x1 185x1 205x1 215x1 220x1 230x1 240x1 245x1

Hyper Extension: 120x10 120x8 120x7

Pull Through: 160x8 170x7 170x8

Single Leg Extension (L/R): 110x6/6 110x5/5 110x5/5

Leg Press Calf: 14platesx10 15platesx10 16platesx10

Farmer's Walk: 65'sx120ft 55'sx120ft

Seated Ab Machine: 100x15 120x10

Good workout, very intense. My form almost failed on the 245 for the good am's so I punished myself with 3 sets of pull throughs. :) That was fun.

Xg74
05-09-2003, 11:02 PM
DE Bench

Speed Bench: 120x3x8

DB Incline (form and stability): 45x7

Tate Press: 45x4 40x4 35x6 35x5

DB Military Press: 35x6 45x5 45x5 45x4

Seated Cable Row: 170x3 160x7 160x6

Overall a good workout. I also did some landscaping later (for 3 hours) which involved laying rock and bark dust (I made sure to eat a lot before hand) and I did some wheel barrow pushing with about 450lbs, kept moving that over and over again to various positions. Good stuff. Grip feels strong now. (Popped the tires on the wheel barrow though, too much weight in it). ;)

Xg74
05-12-2003, 07:15 PM
ME Bench

Pin Press (about 2-3" from chest): 95x1 115x1 135x1 155x1 165x1 175x1 185x1 195x1 215xmiss

Pec Fly:150x7 155x5 145x5

Skullcrushers: (all weights assuming ez-curl bar weighs 20lbs) 60x5 80x5 80x5 75x5

Dips: bw+20x5 bw+30x5 bw+30x5

DB Military Press: 45'sx5 50'sx4 50'sx3

DB Cleans:15'sx7 20'sx5 20'sx7

BO BB Row:135x6 155x6 175x5

Lat Pulldown: 140x5 120x5

A very intense workout. I put a DB between my feet for the weighted dips, it was quite fun to do them. I skipped DE SQ/DL on Sunday because my prom was on saturday night and I got back home at 3 sunday morning, so I was tired. ;)

Xg74
05-14-2003, 09:08 PM
ME SQ/DL

Seated Good Morning: 95x1 115x1 135x1 155x1 175x1 195x1 215x1 225x1

Romanian Deadlift: 185x8 215x8 225x8 230x6

Pullthroughs: 170x8 170x7 170x7 170x6

Farmer's Walk: 70'sx120ft (1 turn) 42sec 60'sx120ft (1 turn) 41sec

Hanging Leg Raise: bwx15 bwx15

Straight Legged Sit-Up: bwx30

(before workout)Car Pushes(1992 Plymouth Acclaim): 3 trips at around 100 feet each

Was not quite as intense as I forgot my MD player, but it was alright. The seated Good am's were not a good idea as I had to sit down, good am, then stand back up, so it was essentially two exercises as one. My quads were already sore from pushing my car around so the standing back up part was not easy. If box squats are harder than normal squats then thats good cause I got 215, the 225 I couldn't get up :(. For the RDL's I pulled it once to determine if my grip could handle it, then I put on straps and did my set. Could pull 230 no problems (Whereas last time I tried them, 195 was hard on my grip).

Xg74
05-18-2003, 01:00 PM
On Saturday May 17th at 6:00 a.m. my Father died of a Heart Attack.

I was drilling at Camp Murray when I recieved the news, and was rushed home. I am not going to do my DE SQ/DL day today.

Bam Bam
05-18-2003, 01:12 PM
Damn man im sorry i feel your pain

GhettoSmurf
05-18-2003, 01:59 PM
im sorry to hear about your father. :(

ryan1117
05-18-2003, 02:04 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how terrible I would feel if I was in your position.

Xg74
05-18-2003, 07:16 PM
Thank you very much for your care, it is nice to know that people do care. :) At the moment everything is alright. I will admit, I did cry, and I still may cry. But being Taoist, I do understand death and the cycles of birth and death, so his death is not as hard on me as it could have been. Then again, I may be repressing something

I may head over to the local 24hr Fitness later tonight and do my DE SQ/DL day as it is something that I need. I did some circuit training Saturday morning (of which my oblieques, and postirior delts are sore as well as my inner and outer thigh) I know that I get sore only when I do something new, or something that is not routine, so it really does not have too much to do with total recovery.

Xg74
05-18-2003, 11:24 PM
Finally going to have actual real goals. My goals are to be able to bench press 325 by may of 2004, Squat 350 by may of 2004, and deadlift 550 by may of 2004. That does seem like a long time, but I adjusted because of the 14 weeks of basic training that I will have. The numbers are slightly high as my last maxes were 200, 220, and 275 respectively, but I want it, and I am willing to work hard to reach my goals. My long term goals are to be able to bench 600 raw, squat 700 raw, and deadlift 800 raw. When I reach those numbers I will think of competing professionally in strongman events. I suppose that my goal for having those numbers is by the time I am 40 at the most. (I will work hard for those numbers dammit! ;))

RG570
05-18-2003, 11:54 PM
I am very very sorry to hear about your father. I have had many deaths in the family, but it always comes as a surprise. Good luck with your long term lifting goals, we are pretty similar stats and age, and both training westside. Its also good to hear there is a Taoist on the boards :cool:

Xg74
05-19-2003, 10:17 PM
RG570: Thank you very much, it always is a suprise, and never a good one at that. You never really realize how much you love someone until they are gone. Are you a Taoist as well? :)

ME Bench

Pin Presses (2-3" above chest): 95x2 135x1 145x1 155x1 175x1 195x1 205x1 215xmiss

Skullcrushers: 80x5 80x5 80x5 75x5

Dips: bw+35x5 bw+30x5 bw+30x5

DB OH Press: 50x6 50x5 50x4

BO BB Rows: 175x7 175x5 165x6

DB Cleans: 20x8 25x5 25x5

I would like to dedicate my PR on the pin press to my father. It was with his confidence and his great fatherhood that I could achieve such any PR. Thank you dad.

Very intense workout today. I did not go to 24hr fitness last night because I just didn't feel like it. I went today but they told me to come back with a parent as I am still 17. Bastards, if I am old enough to join the goddamn military and defend this state then I should be allowed into their facility so that I can improve my body for when I need to fight (although some may say that sitting in a tank really isn't that draining, but please try it yourself for 24+ hours ;)) Oh well. I liked the atmosphere more and they are more powerlifter friendly. Their plates are hexegonal though (That number just came to my mind I didn't actually count the number of sides) so deadlifting will be kind of wierd with those. Other than that I liked it, although they do play ****ty music whereas my YMCA plays none. But my MD player will fix that.

Xg74
05-21-2003, 06:55 PM
ME SQ/DL

RDL: 95x1 115x1 135x1 155x1 175x1 185x1 195x1 215x1 235x1 255x1 275x1 285x1

Hyper Extension: 120x8 120x8 120x7 120x6

Leg Press Calves: 16px10 16px9 16px9

Incline Sit-Up: bw+10x20x2

Farmer's Walk: 75'sx120ft not timed 65'sx120ft not timed

Going to do some car pushing this evening to work my quads, and for a little GPP. Very intense workout, it is always more intense without my workout partner.

RG570
05-21-2003, 11:12 PM
you know whats really weird is how i responded, but its not here. :scratch: oh well, just have to type it up again.

RG570
05-21-2003, 11:15 PM
I am not a Taoist, but i am very familiar with the ideas, and they coincide with alot of my beleifs. Im just not big on practice of any formalized religion.

Xg74
05-25-2003, 12:01 AM
Thats good, formalized religion really is a pain sometimes. It is good to see someone else familiar with Taoist beliefs here. :)

DE Bench 23MAY03

Speed Bench: 95x3x8

Pec Fly: 160x6 160x4 155x4

Skullcrusher: 75x8 75x7 75x6 75x5 75x5

Pushdown: 80x10 70x10 50x15 50x10

DB OH Press: 50x5 50x5 50x5 45x4

BO BB Row: 180x6 175x5 175x5 175x4

Upped the volume of tricep exercises for my DE Day, so that is why OH Press suffered, although I did up the volume of those as well. Very intense. Friday was my fathers funeral, a very good friend of mine came with me, and provided me with emotional support. I cried for a long time in her embrace, it felt good to know that someone did care for me, as right now I may be suffering from Paranoid Personality Disorder, so knowing someone liked me, and her showing that, really helped me. I will be the worlds strongest man. I saw my father for the last time yesterday, and I promised him that I would become the WSM. I will not fail him.

Xg74
05-25-2003, 09:03 PM
DE SQ/DL

Speed Squat: 140x2x8 135x2

Speed DL: 160x1x8

Hyperextention: 125x10 125x7 125x6 125x4

Pullthrough: 170(stack)x7x4

Single Leg Extension(L/R): 120x6/6 110x6/6 110x6/6

Incline Crunch: bw+10x15 bw+25x10

Straight Legged Sit-up: bwx15

Very intense today. I finally have box squat form down fairly well. Speed was alright, but could be better. DL speed was awesome, I thought I was going to fly up from the floor because of the force I used to bring the weight up. I do seem to have a sticking point of getting it off the floor though (still was fast though, but I could feel a slight, well, sticking if you will, at the bottom). Hyperextensions used to squish my testicles, but I finally found a good position where they do not anymore! ;)

RG570
05-25-2003, 11:27 PM
I did not know you were interested in the WSM stuff, good luck with that. I have allways found that fascinating, and may compete some day, provided my genetics can afford it. Are you planning on just building alot of limit strength first, then doing more event training/ olympic stuff later? Whats youre game plan?

Xg74
05-26-2003, 03:53 PM
Of course. WSM is awesome, and quite challenging. Right now I am just trying to get my strength up, and then may start doing event type exercises, such as the atlas stones, log press, and all those cool things. At the moment I am looking for someone to teach me how to clean, but no one in my gym knows how. Good luck to you if you start to compete. My genetics arn't that great either, as I've got 6.5 inch wrists. But who knows. ;)

ME Bench

Pin Press Lock Out(around 6-8"): 115x1 125x1 145x1 165x1 185x1 205x1 225x1 235x1 245x1

Skullcrusher: 80x8 80x6 85x5

Seated Cable Row:170x7 170x5 165x6

Cable Upright Row: 110x5 100x5 100x5

DB OH Press: 55x5 50x5 50x5

DB Cleans: 25x5 20x6 20x6

Pec Fly: 160x4 155x4 150x3

Very intense. By the time I got to the pec fly I was almost completely exhausted. I am starting to do the Ronnie "Light Weight! Light Weight!" thing, although I don't know exactly how he said it though. Very busy, had to wait for the power rack to do the lockouts.

Xg74
05-26-2003, 08:52 PM
Just did some Sledgehammer GPP. Did about 50 swings, all "side" swings. Worked mainly recessive side (left side) to get it coordinated. Felt wierd as all hell. It really works grip pretty well, and the lower back apparently. Hmm. ;)

RG570
05-26-2003, 09:48 PM
GPP :mad:

Xg74
05-28-2003, 11:22 PM
RG570: Yeah, but afterwards it feels good. :)

ME SQ/DL

Good Morning: 95x1 115x1 135x1 155x1 175x1 195x1 215x1 225x1 230x1

Hyper Extension: 130x8 130x6 125x7

RDL: 205x6 225x3 225x3

Incline Crunch: bw+25x15 bw+25x15

Straight Legged Sit-up: bwx20 bwx20

I went later to work on grip and quads, as well as a recovery workout for my ME Bench.

Farmer's Walk: 80'sx100ft 70'sx120ft

Static BB Hold: 300x5s 300x5s 225x14s 275x7s

Leg Press: 10px7 11px6 11px4

Leg Press Calf Raise: 17px9 17px8 17px7

I tightened up my form on the Good mornings, and went down a little further, so that is why they are lower than my last time. But I will consider it a PR since the form was spot on this time. RDL's suffered because of the Hypers being put before them, and my grip still kind of sucks. I am going to wave my volume now, having 3 sets for assistance exercises on ME days, and 5 sets on DE days. Sound good? Anyone with Westside experience think that is a bad idea?

RG570
05-29-2003, 10:29 AM
By RDL, you mean romanian, or stiff legged deadlifts, correct? Also, are do you mean 11 plates total for leg press? I cant really comment on the wave volume idea, its sounds good. I try to wave my sets to take advantage of my CNS, but that is a differant type of wave i think.

Xg74
05-30-2003, 08:45 PM
RG570: Yes RDL is Romanian Deadlift, I find them much easier to do than stiff legged deadlifts. I think the difference is that the bar goes straight down on RDL's (next to your leg), while on SLDL's the bar is extended a little from your legs. Yeah the 11 plates is total, I'm strong enough to have 11 per side yet. ;) And taking advantage of my CNS is basically what I am after, so I guess I'll keep at it. So far it is very taxing, and tiring switching from 3 sets to 5.

DE Bench

Speed Bench: 95x3x8

Pec Fly 160x7 160x4 155x4

Rope Pushdowns: 130x6 130x5 120x5 120x5 110x5

DB OH Press: 50x5 50x4

Plate Raise: 35x8 45x7 45x6

Cable Upright Row: 100x7 110x6 120x5

Seated Cable Row: 170x8 170x6 165x5 165x5

DB Clean: 25x7 25x5 25x5

Intensity was high. Progress is stalling with the OH presses, so I am switching to plate raises (soon to be straight front raise) so that should be a fun switch. On my first 165lbs set on the cable rows the right grip on the handle slipped off, so I told the grip to **** off and told showed it who was in charge by doing 5 more at the same weight.

Xg74
06-01-2003, 09:01 PM
DE SQ/DL

Speed Squat:195x2x8

Speed Deadlift: 165x1x10

Zercher Squat: 95x8 135x7 135x7 155x5 155x6

Hyper Extension: 120x10 120x9 120x9 120x7 135x5

Straight Legged Sit-up: bw+10x20 bw+25x15 bw+25x15

Very intense today. Very nice workout. Realized that people precieve me as boring today, and am going on my 7th year of depression and lonliness. **** this ****. **** it all.

RG570
06-01-2003, 09:05 PM
EWwwwww zerchers? Bah, those suck!

Sorry to hear about your depression, its something everyone battles and im sure you can find alot of good advice from people on the boards. And dont forget the mystical number 42!

GhettoSmurf
06-02-2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by RG570
EWwwwww zerchers? Bah, those suck!

i agree, dont they hurt your arms with the weight resting on them like that? :confused:

Xg74
06-02-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf

i agree, dont they hurt your arms with the weight resting on them like that? :confused:

Yeah they do, when you step back and get into position the bar moves about and rips the skin of your arms. I use the pad for them though, I don't care what anyone says. They suck! ;)

Xg74
06-02-2003, 11:23 PM
ME Bench

Pin Press Lockouts (4-6"): 115x1 135x1 155x1 175x1 195x1 215x1 235x1 255x1 265x1 275x1 295x1

Skullcrusher: 85x6 85x5 85x5

Plate Raise: 45x8 45x7 45x7

Seated Cable Row: 175x6 175x5 175x5

DB Clean: 25'sx7 30'sx4 25'sx6

Pec Fly: 160x7 160x4

Very intense. I really improved on the lockouts. The pins were in the same position as last time as well, I am very very happy. I dedicate my very nice PR to my good friend Molly, whom I love, and will always love. I usppose I really got used to the movement this time. Pec fly was cut short because I made a promise that I would always be here if Molly ever need anything, and time was running a little long. Was in the gym for about 1 hour 25 minutes.

Xg74
06-04-2003, 09:51 PM
ME SQ/DL

Good Morning: 115x1 135x1 155x1 175x1 195x1 225x1 245x1 250x1

Zercher Squat: 160x7 160x7 160x7 160x7

Hyper Extension: 140x5 140x4 135x5 135x5

Straight Legged Sit-Up: bw+35x15 bw+35x10

Incline Sit-Up: bw+35x15 bw+25x10

Static BB Hold: 300x10 seconds 305x6 seconds 305x12 seconds

On the last 305 static hold I thought I had 300 on it. But I forgot to take off the 5 on the left side, and put a 2.5 on each side. Yay! My grip really is improving. I think I am going to continue to have 4 sets every session, DE and ME, for assistance exercises. ;)

Xg74
06-07-2003, 02:00 PM
DE Bench

Speed Bench: 105x3x8

Pec Fly: 165x5 160x4 155x4

Skullcrusher: 85x7 85x6 85x6 85x4

DB Front Raise: 25'sx7 25'sx6 20'sx6 20'sx7

Seated Cable Row: 175x7 175x6 175x6 175x6

Cable Upright Row: 120x5 120x5 120x4

DB Clean: 30'sx5 25'sx5 25'sx4

Very intense. Some wierd guy was looking at me. Dammit, he was probably gay. Stupid fag. Pissed me off. He had horrible form doing the seated cable row with 160lbs, so I showed him correct form with 175lbs. ;) He was barely pulling the damn thing, and was driving with his legs. Anyhow, I was sweating a lot yesterday due to the dammed heat. **** the heat, stupid sun. ;)

Xg74
06-08-2003, 07:10 PM
DE SQ.DL

Speed SQ: 140x2x8

Speed DL: 165x1x8

RDL (with straps): 230x8 240x7 245x6 245x6

Glute Pullthrough (looks like your ****ing the air):150x9 160x9 170x9 170x8

Single Leg Extension (L/R): 120x6/6 120x6/6 130x5/5

Incline Sit-Up: bw+45x10 bw+45x10

Very intense. Still depressed, but incredibly intense workout. I was going to do some hypers today, but after the RDL's, I decided against it. Didn't want to totally **** up my lower back. Two personally trainers were staring at me while I was doing the RDL's, those assholes, don't they have other things to do besides stare at my ass (they were guys as well).

Xg74
06-09-2003, 11:47 PM
ME Bench

Bench Press: 115x1 135x1 155x1 175x1 195x1 215xmiss 210xmiss

DB Flat Bench: 40'sx9 45'sx8 50'sx5

Skullcrusher: 90x5 90x5 90x4

CG Bench Press: 95x5 95x5 95x5

Chest Supported Row: 205x6 500x5 195x6 190x5

DB Laterals: 25'sx6 25'sx5 20'sx7

DB Front Raises: 30'sx5 25'sx6 25'sx7

DB Cleans: 30'sx7 30'sx5 25'sx7

Very intense. I attribute my failure to press 215 to my dammed cold. And I found a new sticking point. I was doing great on the press until about 2-4 inches from my chest, then it got difficult, and as I was straining to get through that point, my damn throat starting feeling funny dammit. ****ing colds. I do not have allergys so it is a cold. Oh well. I am going to revise my routine, and make sure to work not only my sticking point, but the entire press as well (each portion). And then in like 6 weeks, I will max again, and will max every six weeks after that (after basic training of course).

Xg74
06-10-2003, 10:09 AM
I saw a good friend whom I havn't seen for a year last night when I went to see the Matrix: Reloaded. Wow, she is absolutely beautiful now. I was previously infatuated with her for like 3 or 4 years dammit, I was so ****ed up back in the day. And I am contemplating whether or not to try asking her out again (only for the 3rd time). But alas, my supposed paranoid schizophrenia causes me to be delusional at times (mildly), so I have no ****ing clue as to whether it would be a good idea. :help:

Xg74
06-10-2003, 09:11 PM
I did a recovery workout that consisted of some flat DB presses with 30 (about 12 total reps), some lateral raises with 10lbs, some front raises with the 15's, some cuff complex, some chest supported rows wiht 75lbs. Oh, I got some blood running in my lowerback by doing some RDL's with the bar. As I was doing those, some girls were coming out of the "quiet" room and were staring at me, and laughing, or possibly just smiling, I don't care. I suppose they noticed my SAS or squaters ass syndrome.

Oh, tommorrow after work (Work!? I have a job?! What the ****?) (I am my recruiters "bitch") I am going to travel over to the theater (or theatre) and buy a ticket in her line for some random movie, and ask her kindly to have dinner with me. I may pay with roses, although that may not work.

Xg74
06-11-2003, 11:37 PM
ME SQ/DL

Deadlift:135x1 155x1 180x1 205x1 245x1 275x1 295x1 315x1 335x3/4

GHR off of a lat pulldown tower: assistedx6 assistedx5 assistedx5 assistedx5

Hyperextension: 135x6 135x6 135x5 135x5

Static BB Holds: 325x4 seconds 315x5 seconds

Incline Abs: bw+45x15 bw+45x15

Very very intense. I am pleased with my PR. I would have gotten 335 except my bar speed was actually too fast, so the bar slipped out of my hands. On the second BB hold, I tore some skin, so I would have had 3 sets, but I didn't want to bleed all over their precious bar. The GHR is the most difficult exercise I have ever done. I swear to every deity in existence, that thing tore me up. It hurt my knees because of how it was set-up, so I felt it in my quads the most (due to the pain being greater than the feeling of the contraction, the contraction was a huge feeling, very noticable, until the 2nd set). I was so exhausted from the GHR movement that the hyperextensions didn't go quite as well as usual. I do believe that I could deadlift in the 400-500's if my grip was on par, so from now on I am going to work grip on both ME and DE sq/dl days, with just Static BB Holds. ;)

Xg74
06-13-2003, 08:56 PM
DE Bench

Speed Bench: 95x8x3

Tate Press:40x7 40x5 40x4 35x7 35x6 35x5

Chest Supported Row: 205x7 205x5 200x5 195x6

DB Front Raise: 30'sx6 25'sx7 25'sx7 25'sx6

DB Clean: 30'sx8 25'sx7 25'sx8 35'sx4

Very intense. Saw a couple curl jockey's there (or is it jockies?). In fact, just about everyone in the free weight section were curl jockies (or is it jockey's?) Poor fools. Although some of them were deaf (3 of them) so even if I wanted to correct them, I couldn't very well. Bastards were staring at me. Hell, everyone was staring at me, bastards, never seen a tate press before, them and their 30 sets of curls.

Xg74
06-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Oh yeah, I didn't travel to the theater, because I am so god dammed afraid of rejection. Oh well, I do want to see Bruce Almighty though. Dammit.

Xg74
06-14-2003, 03:51 PM
I just ordered some mini bands! Yes!!! I can finally use bands! I can hardly wait until they get here.

Oh, and right now on ESPN, they are showing old WSM competitions. Good ol' Lou Ferrigno and Franco Columbo are competing!

Xg74
06-15-2003, 08:29 PM
DE SQ/DL

Spead SQ: 150x3 150x2x8

Speed SQ: 190x1x8

GHR: assistedx5 assistedx5 assistedx6 assistedx6

Rack Pulls (shin level): 225x5 225x5 225x5 225x5

Later on:

Static BB Holds: 305x4seconds 225x20seconds

Farmer's Walk: 60'sx120feetx2 trips 1 turn each

Incline Sit-Up: bw+45x15x2 bw+45x5

I checked out a new gym today for the first portion of my workout. It was pretty dammed cool, except for the fact that they played some stupid ****ing music in there. But they do have a hyperextension that works as a GHR pretty well, so that is a plus. They also have several benches, and 2 power racks, as well as a few squat racks, and even a platform. It was pretty cool, much better than the YMCA I currently go to. I am going to switch gyms now. I did some "GPP" today by moving two heavy couches around for my mother and neighbor, this really worked my grip, so when I got to the rack pulls and then to the static holds, my grip was shot already. Oh well. While doing the rack pulls I ripped open the skin on my finger some more, the knurling was so sharp. :)

Xg74
06-16-2003, 11:08 PM
ME Bench

I found my real sticking point!!!!!

Floor Press: 95x1 115x1 135x1 155x1 165x1 175x1 185x1 195x1

Stopped after that due to no spotter, didn't want to die. It was tough, and I strained, so it was all good.

DB Press: 50'sx7 50'sx6 50'sx5

Tate Press: 45'sx5 45'sx2 40'sx5 40'sx5 35'sx4

Triceps were slightly more exhausted from the DB Pressing, so the Tate Presses were not that spectacular.

"Flex" made Chest Supported Row: 210x8 225x7 240x6 225x6

New machine, was either slightly easier, or my lats were more enganged and are stronger than I think, or something.

Lateral Raise: 20'sx8 20'sx6 20'sx5 20'sx5

Decided to take it down a notch, and work up correctly.

Was very intense, I burned some new music onto an MD to listen to. I also went to the new gym, which felt much better. The Y was busy, so I just left for the new gym. some damn guy was staring at me doing 20lbs lateral raises, and picked up the 65lbs DB's and did 3 reps with bad form with them, then walked away. Dumb ass. I was about to kick him onto the floor and deadlift the bastard and throw him out the dammed window. ;) He probably doesn't even know what I deadlift is.

Xg74
06-18-2003, 11:08 PM
ME SQ/DL

Zercher Squat: 95x1 115x1 135x1 155x1 175x1 195x1 215x1 235x1 255x1

I strained, and had been there for awhile so I said thats enough.

GHR (on lat tower): slightly less assistedx6 slightly less assistedx5 1/4 ROM(no assistance)x3 1/4 ROMx5

Still kick my ass, but I love them. I almost pulled my calve muscle doing these. My plan now is to increase the ROM each session until I can do one full rep, and work from there.

Hyper Extension: 140x5x4

Incline Sit-Up: BW+55x10x2

Static BB Hold: 245x15s 245x11s 245x10s

My plan now is to be able to have at least 10 seconds on all sets for a given weight.

Very intense. Today I was shaking my head at a curl jocky between sets, and finally after my hypers, went over and told him to squat if he wanted big arms. He proceeded to do so. Also, on the way home, some ****ing asshole was following me very closly, so now I am sitting at my computer with my pistol and some 550 cord waiting for that asshole to show up to my house so I can defend myself, or my property. Anyhow, very good workout. :)

DK
06-19-2003, 05:01 PM
Hey man, I didn't know you were doing westside. How much do you weigh? Are you planning on competing?

I wish I could quit training at my YMCA is sucks so much ass. I do go to my school to lift for the lower body days, but I really can't do much there. All they have is a squat rack, a bench, and chin up and dip handles. The Y I go to doesn't even have a rack.

RG570
06-19-2003, 05:30 PM
my ****ing YMCA sucks too, not one ****ing squat or power rack. thats some ****! i wish i could go to my school, but i dont think they would let me in, i allready graduated, ha ha.

im another 17yr old doing westside, weird.

DK
06-19-2003, 05:44 PM
You already graduated and your only 17? Okay. Westssssiiiiiiiddddddeeeeeeeee!

Xg74
06-19-2003, 07:08 PM
Yeah, westside is so god dammed awesome! I weigh about 185 on a good day. I do hope to compete, but not right now, ebcause my lifts are horrible for my weight. But some day I will. I am hoping to do some strongman comps as well, and am going to be at the Seattle Highland Games in July.

YMCA's do suck dammit, I think we need to petition to either get them to improve, or to shut down or something.

Hey, I'm 17 and have graduated as well! That makes two!

One of these days I'll fly out to Oklahoma and me and you and maybe Benchmoster can all train together at Benchmonsters gym. I just have to get through basic training and such for the Army. So in like 3-5 months or something. Being in the military is awesome! I can fly anywhere in the US for free!!!

Westssssiiiiiiiddddeeeee!

DK
06-19-2003, 08:14 PM
I'm 17, but I haven't graduated. I'll be a senior next year. Youd do need to fly over to Oklahoma sometime. That would be awesome. I would love to lift with some guys as strong as the guys in benchmonster's gym. I can't stand some of the pansies in my gym. The sad thing is I really don't have much of a choice as to where I lift. Once school starts up again I'm going to take a college class over the internet so I can get a student id card and get into the local college's weight room. They have ten power racks and two reverse hypers along with all the other stuff and its all new.

Xg74
06-19-2003, 10:10 PM
Your senior year is going to fly by, just remember to pass your classes and not to let senioritis get the best of you. Its going to be a blast! Yeah, some time in like december or so I'll try to make a trip down. Most of the time I fall through on traveling promises like that, so remind me, especially once I get back, this time it is free for me though, and for you (aside from getting into the gym that benchmonster worksout at). It will be awesome getting to lift with strong mofo's like benchmonster.

10 power racks at the college? And actual reverse hypers? Hot damn, thats awesome, that is one powerlifting friendly gym it sounds like. I hope you do get into that college course next year, it sounds like the benefits will definately be worth it (hopefully the educational benefits will be equally as good too). ;)

Xg74
06-20-2003, 06:37 PM
My bands are in!!!!!! They are so cool! I can't wait to use them tonight!!! Soon, soon soon!!!

Xg74
06-20-2003, 08:44 PM
DE Bench With Bands!

Speed Bench with 1 mini per side: 85x3x8

There is definately a difference at the top. I love it! I didn't double around the DB because I was afraid of breaking it. But since they arn't to expensive, and they probably won't break anyhow, I'll do it the next time.

Flat DB Press: 50'sx8 50'sx7 50'sx6

Tate Press: 45'sx6 45'sx3 40'sx6 40'sx6 40'sx4

Chest Supported Row (Paramount Built): 210x6 210x5 205x6 205x5

Front Raise: 30'sx6 30'sx4 25'sx7 25'sx7

Very intense. Everyone in the gym was staring at me because I was using bands! It felt great to get stared at like that, those people with dumbfounded looks upon their face. Poor fools not knowing the value of the elastic band. Next time I will double it aroudn a DB, because it shouldn't break, and if it does, they are cheap anyhow. ;)

DK
06-21-2003, 12:15 PM
I just used bands for the first time yestarday too. You can definatlely tell a difference, and yes, they do rock. I haven't had as many people stair at me since I did 5 board presses. After I was done with my speed sets. I doubled the anchor at the bottome by adding two 70 lb. db's. I put 135 and got one rep. The mini's won't break. Those things can stretch like a mofo.

Something else I tried was putting a band behind your back and benching. I did this with a light band, close grip. 95 pounds was tough like this. Did you get any other sizes or just the mini's.

Xg74
06-21-2003, 12:45 PM
A board behind your back? Sounds interesting, sort of a forced arch or something. Those bands are awesome! I love them. I only got two mini's and am going to order two more and two light bands once I get paid. Oh, and I ordered a Westside t-shirt to workout in as well. 95 with the light bands? Thats not bad. I can't wait to start squatting with bands as well.

Xg74
06-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Hell I just got some money for graduating! Hell yes! Now I may get those light bands, and maybe those mini's. Possibly a cheap squat suit to get pressure off of my hips to help prevent injury. Squatting wide causes me a little discomfort after awhile.

Xg74
06-21-2003, 02:26 PM
That was quick, I just ordered some Light bands, and a subscription to Monster Muscle. The only magazine about strength sports. ;)

DK
06-21-2003, 07:58 PM
Monster Muscle is a good magazine.

I said a band behind your back not boards. You just hold one end of the band in each hand and bench. Nothing to do with boards.

Here's a link.
www.testosterone.net/html/body_127resist.html (http://www.testosterone.net/html/body_127resist.html)

Xg74
06-21-2003, 09:34 PM
Dammit, Im sorry, I must be hallucinating (and I'm not kidding). Sorry about that. Yeah, I have read that article by Dave Tate. Once again I apologize, my bad. I've had a long day, and a long life. ;)

Xg74
06-22-2003, 08:21 PM
DE SQ/DL

Speed SQ: 135+minix3 135+minix2x8

Speed DL: 190x1x8

GHR: About 1/2 ROMx5 About 1/2 ROMx5 About 1/2 ROMx4 About 1/2 ROMx3

Hyper Extension: 145x5x4

Incline Sit-Up: bw+55x15x2

Static BB Hold: 265x14s 265x11s 265x10s

Very intense. I loved it, I almost threw up while doing my hyper's. I may have told the Klub Z story here, I don't know, but after my prom, my date and her friends wanted to go to a god dammed gay club because they think that gay people are cute and funny. Dammit, so they dragged me with. Anyhow, I saw someone there that I recognized, and lo and behold she works at the YMCA I go to. Aparently she wanted to walk up to me and start talking to me at the klub, but didn't for some reason. Oh well. Oh well, the workout was awesome, and some chick was staring at me doing my hypers. :D

Xg74
06-24-2003, 12:39 AM
ME Bench

Floor Press: 95x1 115x1 135x1 175x1 200x1 205x1 210x1

DB Press: 55'sx8 55'sx6 55'sx5

Tate Press: 45'sx6 45'sx4 45'sx3 40'sx5

Chest Supported Row: 210x8 210x6 210x4 205x5

Lateral Raise: 20'sx8 20'sx7 20'sx7 20'sx6

Very intense. I loved it. I suppose I had a glucose high during my floor presses, which was alright. I did improve, I hit a 20lbs PR. And a girl actually started conversation with me at the gym. I had spotted her while she worked in on squats one day though. I have a feeling that I am overtraining my triceps, so I brought back the volume. Lately I havn't had time to do any sledge hammer swinging, so my GPP is low still. Maybe in the morning tommorrow or something like that.

Xg74
06-26-2003, 12:43 AM
ME SQ/DL

Zercher Squat: 135x1 185x1 205x1 225x1 245x1 265x1 275x1

GHR Off Lat tower: 1/2 ROMx6 1/2 ROMx6 1/2 ROMx5 1/2 ROMx4

Hyper Extension: 150x5 150x5 150x5 150x5

Good Morning: 185x5 185x4

Static BB Hold: 285x10x 285x6s 285x6s

Ab Machine: 130x7 140x7

Very intenst. I think I am going to use GM's as my hamstring exercise from now on, as those GHR's are just not working good. I am going to do one set each time though, so that I can still work on getting one full rep. But, will do working sets of GM's for hamstrings. Then still do hypers after that.

Chris Rodgers
06-26-2003, 08:03 PM
Nice zerchers. I never really noticed your journal before. Now that I see you are following a PLing routine I'll pay closer attention. :) How much do you weigh?

Xg74
06-26-2003, 09:50 PM
Thanks man. Thanks for stopping by. :) Yeah, I hope to get into powerlifting, and strongman competitions sometime in my life. At the moment I am around 185lbs. My lifts still arn't too great, but I'm working on it!

Xg74
06-27-2003, 10:26 AM
I just went to the chiropractor, and I concluded that I must use horrible form! Damn, my back was all out of alignment, so was my neck dammit! Still didn't fix the small popping sound I hear when I turn my head 45 degrees to the left. It may be a tendon, or ligament, or something like that, so massaging it back into its position may help. Who knows.

Xg74
06-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Got my Westside shirt, and my light ands today. Absolutely awesome!

DE Bench

Speed Bench: 95+minix3x9 (three grips) bar+light around backx7

DB Press: 60'sx5 60'sx5 60'sx4

Tate Press: 45'sx7 45'sx5 45'sx4 45'sx4

Chest Supported Row: 215x6 215x4 210x5 210x5

DB Front Raise: 30'sx7 30'sx5 30'sx5 25'sx7

Very intense, I think that getting a westside shirt to workout in helped. :D I love the light bands, they are absolutely awesome. Now I can do extra tricep, and even chest workouts with them at home! Goody! :)

DK
06-28-2003, 01:40 PM
What are you doing for chest work with the bands at home?

Xg74
06-28-2003, 03:00 PM
Just behind the back pressing, either just into the air, or maybe push-ups with bands. Just to get blood flowing you know, to help with recovery. Anything so I don't have to go to the Y again. I can't wait until I can cancel my membership. July is my last month!

Xg74
06-29-2003, 10:17 PM
DE SQ/DL

Speed SQ: 135+lightx2x9

Speed DL: 190x1x7 (conventional) 190x1x3 (sumo)

RDL: 235x8 235x7 235x7 235x7

Good Morning: 175x5 175x5

Static BB Hold: 295x13s 295x11s 295x8s

Ab Machine: 140x8x2

Very intense. Those light bands are killer! I love them! An old guy approached me today while I was warming up and asked about the bands, so I told him, and he wanted to try them out, so he got under the bar and did a few. He likes the bands as well. Nice old man, he is just about the only other serious trainer in the gym. He progresses, and well too for being older. Anyhow, I opted not to do GHR's today because without the proper equipment they are just so god dammed difficult. One of these days I'll get an actual GHR, and give em' a go. But until them, I'll have to resort to RDL's as my primary hamstring exercise. I ran out of energy on the good mornings, just had nothing left by then. My lower back was fried by the RDL's.

Right now it sounds like a ****ing war zone outside my house, with mortars going off, and other explosions. Just no small arms fire, which I am about to go outside and create. ;)

Xg74
06-30-2003, 10:30 PM
Well I have ganglions on my forearm, or something that causes pain when I use my forearm muscles. So I am going to take the rest of the week off. I will post my ME workout in a little while. And yes, whatever it is hurts like a bitch, god dammed thing made me miss 305 lockout. Hurt so dammed bad!

Xg74
06-30-2003, 10:38 PM
Maybe its just Tendon inflammation in my forearm, either way, there are two distinct bumps on my forearm, and they hurt, so the week off. Hopefully next week my lifts will improve due to this much needed rest.

Xg74
07-02-2003, 11:08 PM
Did some GPP, some car pushing. My god, that took a lot out of me. One trip of like 100 meters or less. Damn my GPP is low! Well in two days I am going for two or three trips. As well as something else. Forearm still hurts. Cancer hasn't been ruled out, but I havn't seen a Dr. yet. Will once I have the money.

Xg74
07-05-2003, 07:14 PM
It is an odd feeling not having had a barbell in my hands for the past week. My forearm is feeling much better, and hopefully on monday it will be completely healed. I am beginning to suspect that those bumps are just muscle, which means that my muscles are more asymmetrical than "normal." But that is ok.

Yesterday at the Ft. Vancouver Fire-Works festival (or show or whatever) I thought I saw someone wearinga Westside Barbell T-shirt, but no instead it was a a Western Baseball T-shirt. Damn them! I'm hallucinating about powerlifting now! :eek:

Xg74
07-05-2003, 10:22 PM
Did some sledge hammer GPP, 40 swings per side. Then did two 120ft trips pushing my car. Very fun. Someone gave me a dirty look when I was pushing my car. Poor bastard in poor physical condition, if only he knew what GPP was.

Xg74
07-06-2003, 08:58 PM
I'm going to be a Stormtrooper! YAY!!!!!

Xg74
07-07-2003, 11:13 PM
ME Bench

I will not post my workout as it was pathetic as ****.

**** IT ALL!!!!!

God damn it, that was the most pathetic session I have ever had. I will progress, I will eat everything I see, I will get stronger. When I go to basic training I will most likely be over 220lbs of muscle and a lot of fat, but I will run the 2 mile in under 14 minutes, I will performe over 100 push-ups and 100 sit-ups. I will be strong. I will increase my bench press. I will feel pain, but I will welcome it. As teh great Budiak has once said:

hippity

****ing

hop

Xg74
07-13-2003, 01:21 PM
Went to my chiropractor last week, and he examined my forearm and said it is most likely a muscle tear. He said it isn't that bad, and can heal by itself, just I have to take pressure and strain off of it for awhile. So, I will be using wraps and straps for everything. Although I will still continue direct grip work, as it never seemed to hurt when I did grip work (static holds). Did not do DE bench due to forearm.

Xg74
07-15-2003, 09:49 PM
Did some GPP today, moved into an apartment (with my mother, have to support her now). It was much harder than I thought it would be. Good GPP. I am not so happy about moving though, I don't really want to be in an apartment, now I cannot play my music loud, I cannot play games loud, I am limited by such social rules. And the floor shakes. (I am in the second story). Damn I'm so god dammed tired now.

Xg74
07-17-2003, 12:43 AM
Didn't do ME SQ/DL today, wanted to bu I was about to throw-up, and ME days always make me feel sick, so already being sick wasn't going to help anything. So after work I got home and ate, then went to sleep, and now I just woke up and feel fine. I guess I was just tired. Oh well. I hate missing days, it makes me feel incomplete. I need to start being consistent. But, I will listen to my body, and if it says no god dammit don't do anything strenuous, then I won't.

Xg74
08-08-2003, 03:05 PM
I'll be updating what I have been doing for the past while tonight or tommorrow. Its been a long and ardous journey with my torn forearm, but its healed with full functionality!

Aside from all...

I'm getting a Porsche!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy hell its so awesome! I'm going to get a 1989 Porsche 944 when I get back from Basic Training and AIT in 14 weeks. Jesus those things are beautiful, saw one on the highway today, and one driving around the Vancouver Barracks yesterday. Fast as well.

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now another reason to fly through Basic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bling!

DK
08-08-2003, 07:49 PM
Hey man, I'm glad your forearm is healed. It's time to tear up some iron.

The Porsche must be tight.

Xg74
08-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Yeah man, I've been sporatically, and unsuccesfully lifting the iron. Now its time to get back and get serious.

The Porsche handles like a dream, its not the fastest car around, but can certainly beat most "rice burners" in any race. Stock.

Alright now, the update will be simple and quick. I've been doing Westside for the weeks I was gone, but the lifts have gone down due to my tear.

I can rack pull (a little above mid shin level) 405lbs (that was with a torn forearm) and can lockout 295 still. Mid point on the bench is around 235, off the chest I can do 215 or so. I have quit doing Good AM's due to the toll they take on my lower back. I know, they are an awesome exercise, but I don't want to risk getting injured, especially my lowerback.

I am going to start adding a few sets of push-ups after my bench workouts, and am going to add bw sit-ups after my SQ/DL workouts as well as running. This is all to prepare for basic training (and as GPP) which I leave for on the 19th of August. Very soon.

I missed my DE SQ/DL session yesterday due to my buying a 2003 Dodge Neon, it is suprisingly quick, and very nice. And it was cheap. I am going to have it as my normal around town car, and get the porsche as my second car.

I'm still depressed as ever dammit. I've come to the realization that I am never (or at least for a long time) going to have any sort of female companionship. Its just not going to happen. In the past 7 or 8 years I've been rejected more times than I have had birthdays (I'm 18 now btw). That and coupled with the fact that I am generally not liked (its as if I am retarded or something and I don't know it, and no one will point it out to me), so sucks to be me.

RG570
08-10-2003, 10:23 AM
sort of comforting to know im not the only one who was lifting aimlessly, and injured. oh and happy 18th dude! you must have crazy money lying around for all of those cars.

Xg74
08-10-2003, 10:34 AM
Yeah lifting aimlessly while injured has actually helped me improve a little. Its suprising.

lol, money, yeah, sure, come on man I'm in the Army I make less than minimum wage. No, what it is is that the Neon was fairly cheap, and I can pay that off in like 6 months, and the Porsche I plan not to drive much so will not insure/ or will get the cheapest I can find with only the basics required by law. Plus the Porsche is only about $3000-5000, so thats not too bad.

Xg74
12-19-2003, 02:02 PM
I've returned from my 4 months of training, and now in 10 days have to continue training for the big sand box in the Persian Gulf. Lucky me. Today I sort of continued my westside workout, but I couldn't find my workout journal this morning so I just estimated it was supposed to be a DE bench day. My numbers decreased significantly, but oh well. I can get them up there again. Hopefully I'll be able to continue when I'm deployed, but I may not have the time. Oh well. I'll see what I can do, sleep won't be something I'll have much of though.

Xg74
12-22-2003, 11:23 AM
Yesterday I deadlifted for the first time in 4 months, and it was the most amazing experience. I absolutely love deadlifting! I took it very light and did a sort of DE SQ/DL workout, with 195x1x10, and did some very very light SLDL's as I don't really know what I can do anymore, I did 195x10x2, they were easy, but I need to ease back into it so as to not injure myself. I can't injure myself, my country needs me. After that I went to see LOTR: ROTK, which was a good movie despite it being very long and drawn out. Frodo is a fool and has no self-discipline, but I suppose it all works out in the end anyhow.

Xg74
12-23-2003, 02:10 PM
Well, I think that I am going to switch to an HST type routine as it will be easier to do in my future situation. I really did not have much muscular stimulation this past week so I am going to call that my week of rest and will begin this wednesday and try to figure out what my 15 rep max is on the exercises I have chosen. I am going to rotate SLDL's and sumo DL's as they both work the hams and lower back to some degree. I hope there is some sort of weight room I can go to while in Iraq, I know that the country I'll be flying into first will have some sort of facility, and the bases I'll be training at for the next few months will have something I can use when I'm not in the field. I'll work something out.

I'm sort of depressed about my deployment. Its been said that it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all, well I've never loved at all, and may very die on my deployment. I am just sad that I have never loved at all, ever, and will not get a chance to do so before I leave, and may never get that chance, ever.

Xg74
12-26-2003, 05:34 PM
HST Day 1 (24DEC03)

Squat: 135x15

Deadlift: 225x15

Flat BB Bench: 125x15

Seated Row: 130x15

Shrug: 225x10!?

Hammer Curl: 25x15

Tate Press: 35x15

Standing Calf raise (using squatting machine): 130x15

Front Raise: 25x10!?

HST Kicked my ass. I never knew that deadlifting took so much energy until I did 15 freaking reps! God damn!

HST Day 2 (26DEC03)

Squat: 140x15

Deadlift: 230x15

DB Bench: 40'sx15

Seated Row: 140x15

EZ Bar Curl: Around 65x15

Tate Press: 40'sx15

Standing Calf raise (using squatting machine): 130x15

Lateral Raise: 20'sx15

I've decided to not shrug as DL'ing gives my traps enough work, and my traps are fairly large from just dl'ing anyhow. I am going to rotate shoulder exercises throughout the week, doing anterior the first day, then posterior, then lateral the third day. I am also going to rotate DB and BB bench every day. This has actually been fun so far, I just hope I can continue when I'm at Ft. Lewis, and elsewhere in the world. Now I just have to go find me some loving. ;)

Xg74
12-31-2003, 07:21 PM
Havn't worked out in 3 days, been inprocessing for my deployment. But I have come upon a revalation. I absolutely hate the Army now. They still havn't paid me for my 4 months of active duty training that I had earlier this year. The mother****ers keep telling me that its fixed and that I'll get paid, but no, 7-10 days later like they tell me I still have nothing, and then they tell me the same thing, "7-10 days..." "Oh by the 30th you'll be paid," God dammit, why can't they just pay me! For christs sake, its been 4 ****ing months since I should have had my first paycheck. They owe me so much money now, and they have to (funny isn't it, they actually have to, no if's and's or but's about it) pay me. Fortunately I have my congressman on my side, and he is even willing to get me out of the Army if I want. Fortunately I am going to stay in. So they better pay me before me leave dammit, I ****ing need it, desperately. :bang:

Xg74
01-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Well, I got paid, and I'm also done with the state and federal SRP, which means I can start training formy actual deployment. I havn't worked out in awhile due to me being busy, and the past two days because I've gotten two very important vaccinations that really **** up the immune system, and the entire body for awhile, so I don't know when I'll workout again next, maybe today, maybe not. I feel drained since I've gotten those vaccinations. Damn. I'll start again before too long.

Oh, one bad thing about getting one of the vaccinations is that I can't have sex for awhile, that sucks.

Xg74
04-06-2004, 04:29 AM
I'm back! Since I arrived in Kuwait I have been going to whatever gym has been available. I also began a 1ad 4ad cycle that ends this week. So far, I have gained 10lbs, then I lost 3. Overall I have gotten much larger, and much much stronger. Once things get a little more settled down, I'm going to do a westside cycle, either with or without the help of prohormones, that I have not decided yet, it all depends on what happens post cycle, and when I am ultimately off completely.

This is what I did today:

Squats: 195x4 205x4 205x5 205x3
Personally I don't like to squat, so I keep the reps to a minimum, and yes, I am weak on the squat, but I was a lot weaker than that.

SLDL: 315x10 325x8 325x8 325x6

Leg Extension: 1pps+20x12 1pps+40x12 1pps+60x11 1pps+70x10

Seated Calves: 1pps+50x10 1pps+50x14 1pps+50x14 1pps+60x11

Xg74
04-10-2004, 02:47 PM
An update on my cycle of 1AD and oral 4AD.

Total weight gained, 10lbs in two weeks. I don't have a means of getting a body composition test done right at the moment, but from what I feel, it was at least 90% muscle. It does feel as though I did lose a little fat, but I ruined that on my first two days post cycle, and now I can feel the fat pouring back on. Oh well, I guess I just have bad genetics or something.

Since I seem to like supplements right now, I'm also going to try a cycle or two of lipoderm ultra, as well as absolved, just to see what exactly they do. From what I have read, I understand it as this; when on a caloric defecit, lipoderm ultra sort of prioritizes from where lipolysis will occur, and can help to accelerate that in the area applied. Who knows though. I am also going to be doing a cycle or two of S1+, due to my bodies relative lack of side effects, and rather good response to 1AD. My natural test levels are almost back to normal as I can basically "feel" it. Something I did notice while on cycle was a minor case of gynecomastia, something which aparently was from puberty, and also when I was larger with a much higher body fat percentage. So far it has not worsened, but in fact seems to have gotten better due to my larger overall chest mass. I am hoping that lipoderm Ultra will help me to reduce it some more, and hopefully get rid of it all together. Enough talk, I've got other things I've got to accomplish now...

ryuage
04-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Havn't worked out in 3 days, been inprocessing for my deployment. But I have come upon a revalation. I absolutely hate the Army now. They still havn't paid me for my 4 months of active duty training that I had earlier this year. The mother****ers keep telling me that its fixed and that I'll get paid, but no, 7-10 days later like they tell me I still have nothing, and then they tell me the same thing, "7-10 days..." "Oh by the 30th you'll be paid," God dammit, why can't they just pay me! For christs sake, its been 4 ****ing months since I should have had my first paycheck. They owe me so much money now, and they have to (funny isn't it, they actually have to, no if's and's or but's about it) pay me. Fortunately I have my congressman on my side, and he is even willing to get me out of the Army if I want. Fortunately I am going to stay in. So they better pay me before me leave dammit, I ****ing need it, desperately. :bang:

hehe its always like that with the government... if they owe you they take their sweet ass time but if vice versa the process is a wholllllllle lot quicker...

anyway are you a reservist that just arrived in kuwait or what's going on with your situation if you dont mind me asking, I myself am in the military U.S Army 1 year left thank god and just came back from a year long deployment not to long ago in iraq.

Xg74
04-11-2004, 02:06 AM
We just arrived here in Kuwait, and are looking to stay in Kuwait due to CFLCC wanting a Cav troop as their QRF and ARF. I personally thought that maybe all that training up we did and our performance at said training qualified us for that cool trip up north, but I guess not. I'm glad you only have 1 more year left, lets hope they don't deploy you again and consider you a stop loss. We have a lot of those in my troop, and they are angry, but are settling down a little. I think I can say this, but maybe not, but we are currently at Camp Doha, a fine little place with KFC and all the ammenities. I hope you never have to come back here though, this place is a ****hole, and its raining right now, and has for the entire day. Piss poor weather for the desert. ;)

Saint Patrick
04-11-2004, 02:27 AM
An update on my cycle of 1AD and oral 4AD.

Total weight gained, 10lbs in two weeks. I don't have a means of getting a body composition test done right at the moment, but from what I feel, it was at least 90% muscle. It does feel as though I did lose a little fat, but I ruined that on my first two days post cycle, and now I can feel the fat pouring back on. Oh well, I guess I just have bad genetics or something.

Dude if you had gains like that in 2 weeks I can't wait to see what I'm gonna get from 8 weeks.

Is there something in particular that you did wrong post cycle that you "ruined"? Or are you referring to just the typical post cycle slow-down?

ryuage
04-11-2004, 11:41 AM
camp doha is nice ya compared to everywhere else since its the permenant duty station there :) to bad I never got to stay there lol. Only nightmares of doha when we had to go to the wash rack and wash the vehicles before they went back on the ship, what a horrible experience.

Xg74
04-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Dude if you had gains like that in 2 weeks I can't wait to see what I'm gonna get from 8 weeks.

Is there something in particular that you did wrong post cycle that you "ruined"? Or are you referring to just the typical post cycle slow-down?

Yeah, I am referring to the typical slow down, coupled with me still eating as if I was on cycle, so I did gain a few more pounds of fat post cycle, but such is life. You should certainly see some good results on an 8 week cycle. Do watch your blood pressure, and be sure take your doses on time. Keeping blood levels elevated is very important as you probably already know.

ryuage: Yeah, its nice here, but most still want to at least experience Iraq, maybe do convoy security or something like that. Ya, we see those people everyday, the massive amounts of vehicles sitting and waiting to be washed. Its hard to drive around as a QRF with so many vehicles just parked and sitting. You all may have heard of some explosion happening on the Border of Kuwait and Iraq, well yes indeed I got to respond to that, quite the debacle. Lots of fun as well. ;)

I am going to be working legs sometime today, but am going to wait until later tonight. Had a...... interesting day today...

ryuage
04-12-2004, 11:09 AM
i dont know it's quite dangerous out there, personally I'd rather stay confined in kuwait you never know what may happen.

Xg74
04-15-2004, 12:49 PM
i dont know it's quite dangerous out there, personally I'd rather stay confined in kuwait you never know what may happen.

It is quite dangerous right now, but I feel that I have to do something up there, that I want to do something up there. Risking my life so that another human being can live a happier and better life is worth it. Even if the change I personally create is minute, so long as that human being I sacrificed myself for has a better quality of life, it is worth it.

Anyhow, I tested my bench max today as a precursor to starting Westside again, and I got up to 245. Pretty amazing, since the last time I was stuck at 195 through my entire first cycle of Westside. I felt really strong today, and of course had a good spotter who inspired me with confidence. In two days I will be testing my squat max, and then the next day test my deadlift max. This will be exciting indeed. :)

Xg74
04-20-2004, 07:02 AM
Alrighty, I tested my deadlift and squat max, they being 405 and 245 respectively. Not bad since I hate squating, and I havn't been deadlifting heavy lately. For the next 10 days or so, I will have no access whatsoever to a gym, so I cannot workout in the manner I would like to, but I will be doing some push-ups, sit-ups, and running to increase my PT score os I can get into SFAS. So, I'll be back in 10 days or so with my new Westside routine.

Xg74
06-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Well, I tried taking S1+, which was a successful 2 week cycle with a total of 5lbs of muscle gained (and several lbs of fat lossed). I then tried a cycle of Big 1, which ended yesterday as I broke out in hives. The end of the S1+ cycle ended in a small rash on my hands, something I thought little about except to use latex gloves next time. This time my head became swollen, and my whole body became affected. They gave me Zantax, Zyrtec, and Prednisone to help it, so far it has healed very nicely in a whole 8 hours. Oh yeah, if your ever at Camp Doha, check out the TMC, a lot of hot Navy medical personel there. Anyhow, I also noticed that that combination of drugs does not help during lifting, my lifts were poor today, but my motivation was up there. I could not get 90lbs DB's up at all (previous week got 85'sx6) so I just went to Incline Bench, and did Flyes to compensate, I was just not having it. Everything else increased however not by much. I guess I just wasn't feeling those DB's today. If I ever do take PH's again, I'll have to settle for pill form, MethylDien, and M4OHN look promising, and relatively safe.

In my research so far, the dangers of taking such suppluments so young is not because the body is undeveloped, its more a lack of responsibility and a lack of discipline. My PCT has been great for my past cycles, and this "half" cycle I am still going two weeks with 6OXO as well as increased B6 intake, and slightly decreased training. That however will be interupted (except the 6OXO) by a 4 day excursion to the Range to do some bull**** that we shouldn't be doing anyhow. I'm tired of the leadership making us miserable just because they want to be in Iraq instead of here, I'm about to talk to someone very important about that.

Xg74
07-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Well I am on a cycle of MethylDien and M4OHN, at 12mgs each. It seems that I am addicted to Prohormones, but I suppose it may be because they going to be banned before I get home, and I do want to try them when they are legal. So far strength is up quite a bit, bodyt composition has changed a little for the better, losing a good bit of fat so far making me a little more cut than I have ever been in my life.

I recieved my first tub of Nitrean just 2 days ago, and let me tell you, it is the best tasting protein I have ever had. It tastes so good I immediately sold my ON Whey to a friend of mine. I actually look forward to my post workout shake now, it just tastes so good. I also am going to start a cycle of thermocin soon, to see how that works. Thank you Chris, you make a fine product. :-)

Well, there is a deadlift competition soon, and I plan on competing, but only if I can get my lowerback back to where it used to be strength wise. Who knows though I may be working that day anyhow. I will be posting more logs soon, so I guess this is a precursor to that.