PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant women and sex drive

CBates
03-04-2003, 09:13 AM
Is it common for a pregnant woman to completely lose her complete sex drive? I've known quite a few pregnant women (friends and stuff) and all of them seemed to have sky high sex drives, but my girlfriend is 5 months pregnant (reminds self to get castrated) and we haven't done anything in the past 3 months.. Is this right?

einstein1
03-04-2003, 09:28 AM
Your problem isn't unheard of. My experience is that each woman is different during pregnancy.

Tryska
03-04-2003, 09:29 AM
progesterone can really mess with a sex drive. from what i've heard that last trimester, they kinda get itchy tho.

Relentless
03-04-2003, 09:34 AM
I wouldn't worry about right/wrong... it seems like it's just the way it IS. If you make it out to be a PROBLEM it may become a problem. Which it ought not to, really.

Were I you, I'd focus on remaining intimate & connected emotionally and save the :hump: for later.

Tryska
03-04-2003, 09:47 AM
cal has an excellent point. i mean think about it....if you ahd some little creature growing in your belly making you fat, hungry, sleepy, nauseous and with tender breasts, would you really want somebody on top of you tryign to get off?

(hate to sound so unromantic, but i think it's a good approximation of women's thoughts sometimes. ) Not that she thinks you suck, she just probably feels sucky. and that's all hormonal.

Relentless
03-04-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Tryska
cal has an excellent point. i mean think about it....if you ahd some little creature growing in your belly making you fat, hungry, sleepy, nauseous and with tender breasts, would you really want somebody on top of you tryign to get off?

for the record, "woman astride" and/or "spooning" are probably more comfortable positions if your partner is preggers.

Tryska
03-04-2003, 09:59 AM
problem with woman astride when preggers is then the guy can see you, in all your fat bloated, pregnant glory. a lot of women are hesitant to do that because of the emotional issues of feeling "ugly" when pregnant. plus it also isn't so much fun from a tender breast perspective.

you can definitely do a lot to help your mate during this time by making her feel "pretty" and making the whole time feel very positive and her feeling treasured.

MrWebb78
03-04-2003, 10:03 AM
but pregnant women arent pretty

:hide:

Tryska
03-04-2003, 10:08 AM
*lol* i think you might want to refer to your signature.

Celestial
03-04-2003, 10:33 AM
I read usually their sex drive is boosted till about the 8th month when the pregnancy gets uncomfy. talk to your gf about it and maybe see the doctor if your that concerned.....if not try to explain to her your needs....she should understand;)

CBates
03-04-2003, 11:31 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I'm by no means, pressuring her to have sex or making comments about not getting any. I do compliment her daily and Iím still remaining intimate & connected emotionally. I just always thought (from my experience only) that pregnant women for some reason had a higher sex drive, not the opposite.

fuzz
03-04-2003, 11:33 AM
It totally depends on the woman. Though I think you'll find most women lose most of their sex drive as they get bigger and feel less and less sexy, which happened to my wife. Like already mentioned, be very positive and give your gf plenty of compliments and make her feel good. Pregnancy is really tough, so its hard to think about sex if a woman isn't feeling good about themself to begin with.

Gyno Rhino
03-04-2003, 11:33 AM
They never complain when they're dead. That's MY motto.

Tryska
03-04-2003, 11:51 AM
you on the meds again gyno?

Bam Bam
03-04-2003, 11:55 AM
every pregnant woman ive met is a horndog!

Lizzie
03-04-2003, 10:47 PM
I work in a doctors office and basically all women are different when pregnant. But they all seem to have a pretty healthy sex drive. I did notice in your original post to remind yourself to get castrated. Is your gf happy about the pregnancy?.....are you happy?......if you have a kind of bothered attitude it can transfer to her and maybe she is upset. Maybe she's worried about you and being pregnant. If so then no wonder her mind isnt on sex. Have you tried a little romance lately?.....flowers...bubblebath...massage.....dirty movies (ok that was just a suggestion). Different positions is a great idea...ever checked out the kama sutra book? I've probably spelt that wrong but you get the idea. All you can really do is be supportive and tell her you love her and that you know its an overwhelming time for both of you but you're gonna work on it together.:)

hemants
03-05-2003, 08:38 AM
Die kittens die!