PDA

View Full Version : While cutting what happens to your lifts?

John0101
03-04-2003, 01:14 PM
While your on a cut, what usually happens to your lifts? They go down? Plateau? or increase?

ElPietro
03-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Your lifts can do a great many things while cutting, depending on the level you are at, how you were training previously, and how you currently are training.

With cutting, you are basically limiting the raw materials to form new muscle, and potentially losing some muscle mass. If you lose muscle mass this would generally lead to a drop in your lift. However, muscle mass alone isn't the only factor contributing to your lifts. You can increase your lift through better form, or fixing a flawed technique, or just becoming mechanically superior in the lift, or through more specific strength training techniques that you may not have been using previously.

So depending on where you are now, how big a cut you go into, and how you lift on your cut, you can really go in any direction with your actual lift totals.

Saint Patrick
03-04-2003, 03:59 PM
I'm 3 mos into a cut, and all lifts has stayed the same except my bench, which has gone down.

Celestial
03-04-2003, 04:09 PM
Mine are going up!

AstronautJones
03-04-2003, 04:27 PM
I'm about 5-6 weeks into my cut. So far my lifts have either stayed the same, or increased a little.