PDA

View Full Version : the perfect cutting diet!

raniali
03-04-2003, 05:05 PM
seldom do i buy icecream ... but i recently did and soon realized the formula for the perfect cutting diet. currently i consume 2700-3000 cal a day ( the extra 300 is usually my weakness - i LUV chocolate!)

1/2 gallon of cookies&cream lite icecream = 2340 cal
64 g protein
368 g carbs
72 g fat

+ 2 chicken breasts = 350 cal
80 g protein
<6 g fat

total cals < 2700 cal
145 g protein
lots o' carbs
and about 80 g fat

so i can still indulge daily in SUGAR and be in a calorie deficit. how much more exciting can things get!?!?!?

but on a real note ... i encouraged a friend of mine to start using flax oil in her diet, which she went out and purchased this weekend. She told me today she used it to cook her eggs. My initial feeling is that flax is not very stable at higher temps but I wasn't sure. Does anyone know how bad it is to cook/heat flax oil? see, on my new diet, i don't have to worry about such things.

Shao-LiN
03-04-2003, 05:07 PM
If you're gonna cook with it, I wouldn't throw it in until the end.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-04-2003, 05:21 PM
It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts.

Save it for salad dressings or take it off the spoon. It may be a strange feeling at first having oil coating your palette, but you get used to it soon enough. I actually like the taste of certain oils.

Cooking it is bad.

raniali
03-04-2003, 05:58 PM
rob - i need u
something about an unstable mindset turns me on

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Hey baby, read the title.
<---------------------------

bradley
03-05-2003, 05:41 AM
Stability of Bioactive Compounds. As mention previously, oil extracted from flaxseed is high in unsaturated fatty acids. In particular, -linolenic acid (ALA) makes up roughly 52 % of the fatty acids of flaxseed oil (7). This fatty acid is considered essential for humans. The limiting factor for the addition of flaxseed oil into food systems is the instability of the oil to oxidation. The proper storage is critical for maintaining the oxidative stability of flaxseed oil.

We have found in our laboratories at NDSU (Pizzey and Hall III, unpublished data) that hexane extracted flaxseed oil oxidized relatively quickly under slightly elevated temperatures (40E C) and in the presence of sunlight. Compared to freshly extracted oil, samples stored under sunlight had a 200 fold increase in peroxide values within 12 days while samples stored in the dark at 40E C had peroxide values 50 fold higher by day 12. Studies are underway to improve flaxseed oil stability.

Just wanted to throw this in but as Robboe said "cooking it is bad."

Raniali looks like you might have more sig material;)

raniali
03-05-2003, 09:44 AM
thx bradley --- ur a doll!
(and i mean that in a good way!)

and ... Robboe ... Rule #1 in Ways to Get Along with Ali:
NEVER EVER use the word 'Baby' in any sentence directed at me.
that is all.

Tryska
03-05-2003, 09:49 AM
never EVER cook with flax oil. did she not read the label?

flax seed is very unstable, like chigs brain, has a low smoke point and turns into essentially poison when you cook with it.

raniali
03-05-2003, 10:27 AM
ok ok - what about storing flax oil capsules at room temp? this is how they are marketed and sold at the stores even though the flax oil itself is found in the refrigerated section.

i luv u guys

Tryska
03-05-2003, 10:28 AM
i would suggest getting the oil. since flax oil is so fragile, it has a tendency to go rancid rather quickly. best way to tell if your pills are fresh or not is to bite into one of the capsules. if it tastes fishy toss the bottle.

fuzz
03-05-2003, 10:35 AM
Hey, olive oil is good to cook with, roight?

raniali
03-05-2003, 11:58 AM
roight

Tryska
03-05-2003, 12:14 PM
and coconut oil.

restless
03-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Coconut oil is a much better choice.