PDA

View Full Version : Cutting/Bulking - The Vicious Circle

Bryan
03-05-2003, 12:25 PM
How long do you guys usually Cut/Bulk for? I've been cutting for about 8 weeks not and plan to stop in a week or so.

Now I think I'm going to bulk for 8 weeks, and after that 8 weeks see how I'm looking, and if I'm not comfortable with my BF percentage, do a 6-8 cut.

What about everybody else?

HANSEL
03-05-2003, 12:38 PM
Ill set a goal weight, bulk up to it.
Then set a BF% I want to cut down to, and cut till I reach that goal.

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-05-2003, 01:14 PM
I should really set targets like Hansel, but i tend to bulk for 15-20 weeks and then cut for 15-20 weeks.

One time i even cut for 32 weeks! Never again though.

bigkevin20
03-05-2003, 01:25 PM
I plan to cut for 12 Weeks if I can keep it up. I just started this week. I will stop when I am happy if 3 isnt enough. I really really want to se my abs and look good on a beach. Every othr year I have had huge man breast and nasty stretch mark beer gut.

Bryan
03-05-2003, 01:41 PM
Hehe, I'm pretty lean right now, I can see my top 4 abs I've still got a bit of fat on my lower abs, Results of being a fatty in my teenage years. I attempted to bulk last fall but that failed, I didnt gain much mass, I got fat and put on a bit of muscle.

My current cut was done properly though, and I'm very happy with the results now, I did ckd(couting my calories daily), ECA and a guggul supp + working out and cardio.

But I'm only 149lbs now, and I want to get big but still look decent for summer. So thats why I opt to bulk until june staying as lean as possible and perhaps do another cut in june/july.

I talked to a friend last night, he said if I go everything I plan to(see this post (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27769) ) Seeing as it's my first time doing everything right, I might still be able to lose a bit more fat while adding a little muscle, but it wont last long if it does magically happen.

aka23
03-05-2003, 03:37 PM
I do not cut or bulk. I follow roughly the same diet all year round. I prefer to gain muscle slowly over gaining fat+muscle. This meets my goals, as I like to maintain a very cut look and do not want to be extremely big. Ideally I would like to be about 170lb at 5%bf.

Bryan
03-05-2003, 04:16 PM
those are about my goals too aka23, I'd like to be 175-180lbs at around 7-8% something maintainable. Btw im 5'10

bradley
03-05-2003, 04:24 PM
I would say it all boils down to personal preference. A slow controlled bulk will take longer than a bulk where you just eat whatever. The same goes for a cut. Depends on what kind of results you are looking for and how controlled you perform the cult/bulk.

Bryan
03-05-2003, 07:08 PM
slow bulk all the way!

Ironman8
03-05-2003, 07:43 PM
I prefer a slow bulk process also.

HANSEL
03-06-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

One time i even cut for 32 weeks! Never again though.
I tend to Cut for way too long as well. I dont really know any other way. It sucks too because I bulked during Nov and Dec (it was a weak bulk, more a succesion of binges) but started cutting way too soon, like Jan 1. Now I have peaked for Spring break but want to bulk again after that. Its been pointless, Im all cut up and freezing my ass off and hiding under coats and sweatshirts. Im always freezing with low BF it sucks.