PDA

View Full Version : Cutting up

rob hannaford
03-06-2003, 06:19 AM
I'm thinking about cutting up for a bit. My question is what should my diet be like and what fitness should I be doing?

Current diet:(I know not the greatest start)
Breakfast: Bowl of cereal and coffee.

Lunch/Coffee Breaks: (Spaced out throughout the day)
1 lgr pot cottage cheese
tub of pasta mixed with tuna
4 chicken legs
1 bagel
1 banana

Evening meal:
Pasta and chicken breast with sauce.

Normaly would be taking prolab enlarge2 2 scoops twice a day. Stopped for the moment, presume taking this would have a detremental effect on trying to cut up?

What do you all think and what exercise should I do. I'm doing about 1 hour on exercise bike, plus few general weights (can't ge to the gym for a week!!).

bradley
03-06-2003, 06:35 AM
You need to create a caloric deficit to lose weight so just slowly decrease calories each week until you are losing about a pound a week. Although more information is needed to give more specific advice (height and weight) here is some general info that might be of some help.

Try and get some protein in at each meal and shoot for about 1g per lb. of bodyweight. You can space this out over the course of 5-6 meals throughout the day. I would recommend eating approximately every 3 hours.

Include some healthy fats in your diet. Some good sources would be natty peanut butter, nuts, olive oil, oily fish (salmon for example), and you can also supplement with flax or fish oil to help you achieve your daily intake. Calories from fat should make up around 25-30% of your daily calories.

You can fill in the rest of your daily cals with carbs. Low GI carbs like sweet potatoes, oats, ww pasta, veggies, etc would be recommended to help keep blood sugar levels constant throughout the day.

Yeah, you are right in that leaving out the N'Large shakes would be a good idea while cutting. Your foods choices look pretty good, but I would suggest eating more at breakfast. Maybe some oats along with some boiled eggs/eggwhites would be more beneficial and help you get some quality cals in at the start of your day.

rob hannaford
03-06-2003, 08:12 AM
I'm 15 stone and about 5ft 11inches. I rekon I've probably got about 1 stone in fat to lose, possibly a little more.