PDA

View Full Version : The Caveman Diet

mr_hand
03-06-2003, 01:21 PM
Im sure you guys have heard of this. I was actually just reading up on it, Id never heard of it. I guess you just eat meats, fish, nuts, veggies, and fruit. Everywhere I read said nada about calorie counting. What I was wondering is, what you guys think of this diet? Another question I had is that if I try this diet, should I still be ingesting mad hi GI carbs post workout cuz it says not to touch any processed foods, but I'd guess post-workout would be the exception. I wanna start dropping some fat, its already March 6th.

restless
03-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Sounds like a Paleo diet. A good place to learn about it is www.beyondveg.com

check the Paleolithic Nutrition section.

Ironman8
03-06-2003, 09:43 PM
Well, to lose weight, you do need to watch calories and do cardio. I don't think eating everything the caveman diet tells you eat without counting cals will get you anywhere.

Shao-LiN
03-07-2003, 01:37 AM
If the diet requires a caloric deficit, have fun. If you're eating over maintenance, you probably won't see much in terms of fat loss.

AJ_11
03-08-2003, 11:18 AM
It's one of those diets that if you are a suger freak and crave sweets it will lean you off of it slowly. Even though at first you may eat alot, but the cause you don't injest any Suger(it would include post workout, as well) your body will start to crave less and therefor go in to a can deficient. If you think about it a chocobar has about 600-800 cals and that is considered a snack and you are hungry and hour later. That snack is bigger than my dinner which keeps me full for hours. I think that there are better diets out there.