PDA

View Full Version : Help out my Diet pleaseeee

eric1214
03-07-2003, 01:11 AM
i am a beginner 18 year old senior in highschool so i dont have much time to eat alot of meals, but i try.
5'9 160 lbs, i want to cut a lot of the body fat i have on my upper body and gain some good ol muscle

this is normally what i eat

breakfast
-kashi go lean cereal with FF milk

snack(at break time)
-promax protein bar

lunch
-(turkey or chicken) sandwhich with whole wheat bread,lettuce,alphalfa(or however you spell it), tomato, dijon mustard, and cheese
-water

afterworkout meal
-depends on what i have, sometimes 2 cups of yogurt + milk, sometimes a sandwhich, sometimes a healthy choice meal.
but i just purchased some opt nutrition whey protein so il be drinking one of those when i get home from now on.

dinner
- dont really have that much control over because i eat when i am served. but usually contains rice, some veggies, maybe tofu, chicken or beef, and depends.

then il be drinking lots of water 1.5-3+ liters a day

any advice? what and when should i be adding stuff?

i hear about FF cottage cheese and tuna being good for protein.
would any FF cottage cheese be ok? what kind of tuna should i get? canned? in a pack? any specific brands?

when im trying to cut, should i still be drinking protein shakes?
i think i might start taking ripped fuel too, when would be a good time to take those?

Im a newbie and am trying to learn from reading the forums,
thanks for any advice:D

Rocky
03-07-2003, 02:58 AM
Tuna is a great protein source and I have two tins of it a day. I have it with vinegar to give taste, without adding fat. Have that with whole meal bread. Cottage cheese is great but make sure its low fat!

Also the protein shakes I have are very low fat aswell!
Suggestion: Why not Oatmeal or some good quality carbs for breakfast with your protein bar, then as a snack you could have a tuna sandwich with a protein shake.
You need a good quality whey protein immediately after a workout and then a meal eg chicken & rice about half an hour after that.

Also you want to be having something on an evening after dinner, because otherwise your going to be going along time before eating again. Remember sleep is a very important time for building muscle so you need to getting protein then but not too much fat becuase you won't break that down while you sleep.

Brands don;t really matter when it comes to food, just check out the nutritional values!

To be honest though without seeing a picture of you I can't imagine your overweight with a weight of 160lbs, so you want to be building muscle and toning at the same time

Hope this comments help

rujulus
03-07-2003, 07:25 AM
Couldn't agree more with Rocky, 5'9 at 160 you can't be overweight??? Geez I'm 5'9 165 and I wanna gain bout 20 pounds.............

Vido
03-07-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Rocky
Cottage cheese is great but make sure its low fat!

I would think the carbs in the cottage cheese are worse for you than the fat, as they are lactose (I presume). From what I've seen on various types of cottage cheese products, the higher the fat content, the lower the carb content, which would actually be better imo.

bradley
03-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Remember sleep is a very important time for building muscle so you need to getting protein then but not too much fat becuase you won't break that down while you sleep.

I would say that fat would be beneficial in the last meal so as to slow the absorbtion of the last meal. Maybe a tablespoon of natty pb or something along those lines with your last meal. Also make sure to get some EFA's in your diet. Remember that fat is not bad.

Rocky
03-10-2003, 01:47 AM
I agree that fat is needed and is beneficial but what I'm suggesting is that if his goal is to

i want to cut a lot of the body fat i have on my upper body
then be careful not to have too much fat and concentrate more on the protein and carb intake, but I'm certain vido & bradley are spot on with what they are saying!

bradley
03-10-2003, 02:41 AM
Each macronutrient is important when trying to eat a balanced diet:)