PDA

View Full Version : Diet Critique...

DgrenJ
03-07-2003, 08:03 AM
I read a lot of forums... and I got this diet off one of the many I read...

It looked like it might actually be a decent diet, wanted peoples opinions...

I'm Male (5'8) approx 160-165 pounds... 14-16% bodyfat according to Tanita scales..

My goal is to start trying to get a little more cut for summer, single digit BF would be good to have again this summer.

I'll be lifting weights 3 times a week, and i've decided to change from running 5 miles 4 times a week, to mixing it up with something a little different

2 days a week (5 miles)
2 days a week (using more of a HIT based system, where u run full out for like 60 seconds, and then slow jog for a few mins) rince/repease for like 20-30 mins...

So how does this look for a balanced diet, and what changes would you make to it?

Meal 1
6 Egg Whites
1 Cup Oatmeal
20oz Water

Meal 2
1 MPR
20oz Water

Meal 3
1 Can Tuna
2 Cup Lettuce
1 Cup Brown Rice
20oz Water

Meal 4
1 MPR
20oz Water

Meal 5
1 Chicken Breast
2 Cups Steamed Veggies
20oz Water

Meal 6
1 Protein Shake
20oz Water

Calories = 1917
Protein = 233
Fat = 22
Carbs = 183

Daily Supplements
2000mg Yohimbe
Gallon+ of Water
1 Multi-Vitamin (Centrum)
6 Caps Ripped Fuel

raniali
03-07-2003, 10:35 AM
the food choices look great - but there is very little of the good fats in this. reduce the oatmeal to 1/2 cup and add pnut butter to it. cut the rice down as well and add flax, fish or olive oil. just some suggestions.

DgrenJ
03-07-2003, 10:39 AM
Awesome... thanks for the tips...

If I might ask another question of some of you guys with perhaps more cutting experience than I...

Is going from say 16% to 8-10% in 12 weeks a reasonable goal?

-DgrenJ

raniali
03-07-2003, 10:50 AM
i think you could lose 15 pounds in 12 weeks if you are consistent and this diet and training works for you.

DgrenJ
03-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Ok... I modified my diet slightly based on some of the recommendations...

I'm now doing this...

Meal 1
6 Egg Whites
1/2 Cup Oatmeal
2 Tbls Peanut Butter
20oz Water

Meal 2
1 MPR
20oz Water

Meal 3
1 Can Tuna
2 Cup Lettuce
1/2 Cup Brown Rice

20oz Water

Meal 4
1 MPR
20oz Water

Meal 5
1 Chicken Breast
2 Cups Steamed Veggies
20oz Water

Meal 6
1 Protein Shake
20oz Water

Calories = 1917
Protein = 233
Fat = 22
Carbs = 183

Daily Supplements
2000mg Yohimbe
Gallon+ of Water
1 Multi-Vitamin (Centrum)
6 Caps Ripped Fuel

Although caloricly this isn't that much, I seem to be having trouble eating all the food...

Breakfast is just a bitch to eat... thats a lotta Oatmeal, and with 6 egg whites to go along with that, sometimes I do struggle.

I've been doing this diet for about a week now, and today will be the first day I can actually go running outside (its finally looking like spring here) i've already dropped like 5 pounds... most of which I am sure is probably water weight and what have ya.

I've added Glutamine to my shakes, in hopes of maintaining as much weight as possible. I would really like to try and remain close to the 150 mark or mid 140's mark...

Anyways... thanks for the help... any other comments or critique of my above plan would be much appreciated...

-DgrenJ

raniali
03-20-2003, 01:06 PM
personally - i would drop the carbs (and/or protein) a tad and add more fat (still) if you want to stay around 2000 cal. i think the addition of more good fats would be the most beneficial. as is, your diet is less than 10% fat == BAD. cut the oatmeal back to 1/4 cup since it is too much and add olive oil or flax or something to ur tuna. u can also cook ur eggs in olive oil for some more fat.

Ironman8
03-20-2003, 07:05 PM
Ya, get some more fat in there. Other than that, you're diet looks awesome.

steveo
03-20-2003, 09:39 PM
Listen to your body. I have learned that if I cut my carbs too much I feel soft. When I up my carbs I feel harder. I keep my protein steady and play around with my carbs depending how my body feels and what my goals are. Like right now i eat oatmeal before bed with a protein shake, but I get to cutting I will rotate it around untill a few week from an event and then I'll cycle and load.
I'm just trying to say your diet looks good and clean. Just listen to your body if you feel you need to eat another meal add another meal. I tend to eat more meals when I cut because of the raise in my motabolism