PDA

View Full Version : from post workout shake to pre workout shake

runt
03-09-2003, 12:23 PM
I read an article in this months Muscle Media that talked about studies showing the benefits of having a whey protien shake an hour before workout instead of the traditional after workout shake. So I decided to try it. I've only been on it week and I gained 1.5 lbs. One week isn't that long but that's enough encouragement for me to continue with the experiment. By the way I usually have a post workout shake as well.

Blood&Iron
03-09-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by runt
I read an article in this months Muscle Media that talked about studies showing the benefits of having a whey protien shake an hour before workout instead of the traditional after workout shake. So I decided to try it. I've only been on it week and I gained 1.5 lbs. One week isn't that long but that's enough encouragement for me to continue with the experiment. By the way I usually have a post workout shake as well.

Uh, I think you're missing something very obvious here...

That aside, a preworkout shake is a good idea.

runt
03-09-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Blood&Iron

Uh, I think you're missing something very obvious here...

That aside, a preworkout shake is a good idea.

I'm kind of dense.... so what am I missing? I was thinking maybe you were thinking that I've added a shake to my already existing diet but I haven't I've just moved them. My caloric intake has not changed.

Oh, and I reread what I wrote and the word "instead" is incorrect, the article never suggested that you not have a post workout shake as well. Sorry.

MrWebb78
03-11-2003, 10:31 AM
i seriously doubt that moving a whey shake one hour before your workout has made the difference in adding almost 2 lbs in one week.

not to say you havent gained it, just that i dont think its solely due to the shake.

AdamGberg
03-12-2003, 12:21 AM
Maybe MrWebb is right...could be that you have more energy now that you are getting some nutrition before...meh

do you drink water or milk with your pre and/or post workout drinks?