PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin Intake

Kakarot
03-10-2003, 08:07 AM
Ok I just read the article on Vitamins on here plenty of info but now, I am curious how should I take them properlly and to get the most gains from them. Also which vitamins would yeild me the best reults as there were alot listed in the article.

raniali
03-10-2003, 10:23 AM
your question is a little difficult to answer - but the basic guideline for me :

1 multi-vitamin/mineral supp
3 g vit C
400-800 iu vit e
b-complex

someone else will prob tell u different

Kakarot
03-10-2003, 11:32 AM
I guess my questions where kinda low on detail. I am wanting to gain muscle and loss fat. So which Vitamins added to a good diet and excercise plan would yeild me some gains.

Shankerr
03-10-2003, 11:41 AM
Multi's, Vitamin C, B, glucosamine, etc.. Worry more about your diet, you're better off getting adequate vitamins and minerals from real foods than gelcaps. When you sit down and alalyze your diet over the space of a few weeks, take note of any vitamins that you are not consuming enough of from real foods, and fill in the gaps with supplements. It never hurts to take a multi and a few grams of vitamin C a day though, even if you are getting adequate vitamin intake from foods.

raniali
03-10-2003, 12:39 PM
there are no vitamins that will turn u into arnold. what adequate vitamin supplementation will do is keep you from ending up in the hospital and allow your body to function properly. if you are training at least with moderate intensity on a regular basis you need to supplement your diet (unless you really are eating every color of veggie and fruit possible) to ensure you that your training doesn't kill you (moreorless).

Shankerr
03-10-2003, 01:27 PM
Sure there are vitamins that will turn you into Aaahhhnald, they come in a vial and you inject them :D Not typical vitamins, but close enough..

Like I said above, and Raniali kidner hinted towards to, supplement your vitamin deficits.

Kakarot
03-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Yeah I understand that vitamins will not turn the entire world around. I have a great diet worked out with lots of protein, but there isn't alot of vegatabls in it so I need to balance my diet some and supplement with Vitamins. So which would keep the body at optimal opperating levels? Also what doseage would be recomended?

raniali
03-10-2003, 02:39 PM
re-read my first post

Vido
03-10-2003, 02:41 PM
First of all, you could (and should) be trying to include more vegetables in your diet. That being said, a multivitamin once a day, 1-2g of vitamin C spread over the day (I think you can only absorb something like 30-50mg at once, but try finding a tab even close to that size), and 400-800IU of vitamin E is plenty.

raniali
03-10-2003, 02:46 PM
Vit C----
Absorbed through the mouth, stomach, and upper part of the small intestine
Max blood levels in 2-3 hours after ingestion of a moderate quantity; the majority is eliminated from the body within 3-4 hours
Eliminated through the urine and perspiration
Blood level will return to its average in 12-13 hours regardless of intake
Normal human body contains approximately 5000 milligrams of vitamin C when fully saturated
~80-95% of Vitamin C in food is absorbed

basically - u need it and u need to supplement with it