PDA

View Full Version : Diet and Protien bars

Khar
03-10-2003, 05:34 PM
I just started a new diet...it is basically a high protien cutting diet that I found on this forum last week and slightly modified. But 2 of the meals call for MRPs. I would rather get some real food, but in the event that good real food is unavailable in the dorm cafeteria, I want to fill that void with a protien bar. I have never really used protien bars or anything so I don't know jack **** about them. My friend gave me 4 to get me started, they have a little higher fat content than I want but for now they will do. 1 was a low carb lean body, 1 was a no sugar ProtienPlus PowerBar, and 2 Atkins Advantage bars. I have eaten the lean body, and it tasted like complete **** so I won't be buying those when the time comes. Basically I want to know what the best high protien, low fat, low carb bars are for cutting.

summary : I want to know what the best high protien, low fat, low carb bars are for cutting.

Thanks for any help in advance.

bradley
03-10-2003, 05:39 PM
Most all protein bars are going to have about 7-9g of fat (larger sizes 2.8-3.1oz. size). The most popular are probably the Detour Bar by Next Proteins. I also like the Nitro-Tech bars as well. Both of these bars have approx 290 cals, 8-9g fat, and approx 35g of protein.

You will be hard pressed to find a protein bar that has a low sugar content and low fat content. The fat in those bars is not going to hurt you. It is more about overall calories rather than specific macronutrients.

Ironman8
03-10-2003, 06:21 PM
And don't forget, fat is used as energy when working out (or doing anything else, for that matter).

_-_v_-_
03-10-2003, 07:25 PM
And don't forget, fat is used as energy when working out (or doing anything else, for that matter).

No.

Ironman8
03-10-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by _-_v_-_

No.

O.K, let me rephrase that. Fat is used as energy when your glycogen is depleted during excercise. Correct me if I'm wrong.