PDA

View Full Version : is this good part2

diego
03-10-2003, 06:04 PM
diet in the picture
http://redbrick.dcu.ie/~diego/diet.jpg

from the advice of restless and bradley i checked out fitday.com and came up with this:
is this too much protein for a 160 lb guy (1g protein per lb body weight)

main goal is to bulk and gain muscle as fast as is possible.
thanx for any recommendations, corrections.............

Ironman8
03-10-2003, 06:11 PM
1 gram of protein per Ib is o.k. Oh ya, you can't get muscle quickly. It consists of progress and patience.

diego
03-10-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Ironman8
1 gram of protein per Ib is o.k. Oh ya, you can't get muscle quickly. It consists of progress and patience.

well what i mean is as fast as is possible by eating right and training right, whether that be slow in itself, i'm willing to put in the effort

bradley
03-11-2003, 02:40 AM
Looks pretty good to me, as far as food choices go. Stick to the 1g per lb of bw in protein and try to gain approx. 1 pound per week.

diego
03-11-2003, 05:17 AM
if i want to get a post workout protein shake should i drop one of the meals on a workout day?
and can one buy a natural whey powder in a supermarket?

bradley
03-11-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by diego
if i want to get a post workout protein shake should i drop one of the meals on a workout day?
and can one buy a natural whey powder in a supermarket?

I would just add in the postworkout shake and leave the other meals. If you start gaining too much you might cut some of the other meal sizes down but don't cut out the meal altogether.

As far as postworkout I would purchase some dextrose and like you mentioned some whey powder. You can find dextrose in a store that sells home brewing kits/supplies. I have never seen any whey protein in a supermarket, so I would recommend buying some online or from a local supplement shop. The only protein powder I have seen in the supermarket is soy protein.

diego
03-11-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by bradley

The only protein powder I have seen in the supermarket is soy protein.

is that a good source of protein, post workout?

bradley
03-11-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by diego

is that a good source of protein, post workout?

I would say to go with 100% whey postworkout.