PDA

View Full Version : 12 Weeks Out

BennettBoy
03-11-2003, 07:43 AM
Here are a few pictures I took yesterday. I'm 12 Weeks out from my first show. Posing is still a "work in process"....so I know that still needs some practice. Feel free to comment.

First shot front double biceps....

BennettBoy
03-11-2003, 07:45 AM
Next side tricep....

BennettBoy
03-11-2003, 07:46 AM
Abdominal thigh...

BennettBoy
03-11-2003, 07:47 AM
Back Lat Spread (not positioned correctly) but.....

BennettBoy
03-11-2003, 07:48 AM
One more for sh$ts and giggles....

WillKuenzel
03-11-2003, 07:52 AM
Where's the pics?

LOL, I love saying that

*waits patiently for approval*

Mik
03-11-2003, 09:17 AM
Lookin' cut Craig. You've done a great job so far maintaining lbm while shedding some fat. Legs have improved nicely. I like the sweep of your calves (they flate out nicely). Good work man, you'll do great.

WillKuenzel
03-11-2003, 09:26 AM
Damn you are looking good (in a completely non-homosexual way). The definition is really starting to come out. You have some really nice size to your arms. And like Mik said, I love the look of your calves. Quads are coming along and have a nice sweep. The lighting isn't the best for seeing 'em clearly but you can definitely tell.

Bam Bam
03-11-2003, 09:39 AM
good stuff craig arms and shoulder are huge!

Workhorse
03-11-2003, 09:39 AM
:withstupi

Tryska
03-11-2003, 09:42 AM
damn look at you bb. you've definitely done well. can't wait to see you shredded so that those leg muscles come all the way out.

great shape, and great mass tho. :thumbup:

biguglyogre
03-11-2003, 09:51 AM
Dood at 12 weeks your right on track...keep up the great work...lookin huge!

Manveet
03-11-2003, 10:03 AM
for 12 weeks out you do look good. Your gonna look even better as the body fat continues to melt away. Great work BB!

voodazz
03-11-2003, 10:27 AM
Consider me impressed as well1

Alex.V
03-11-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by HomeYield
Where's the pics?

DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!

*collapses*

Craig, looking good, man. But, jesus, get some better lighting. :) What's your bf at right now? Looks like you're right on track to me. I'm impressed.

BennettBoy
03-11-2003, 12:21 PM
Thanks folks. Yes, the lighting was bad. I apologize. I am just going to have to get someone to take the pictures next time. The timer deal just isn't conducive for great pictures. I can't get it set, run to do a pose and get it all right in 10 seconds LOL. And then the angles just aren't right.

I still think my chest needs to be fuller, my legs need to be bigger, and my posing needs help still. But if I can get the cuts to come out in my legs maybe they will not be as bad as I thought originally. I'm going to work like heck to bring it all together.

Alex, I'm at 10% as of Sunday. Will get it checked again in 2 weeks.

Savannah
03-11-2003, 12:33 PM
I'll just chime in with the masses Craig. You're looking sharp as usual and at 12 weeks out I'd be all smiles if I was in your condition! :)

carolinagirl
03-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Yeah, as usual, I'm late to the party - you're really looking good. Damn. you're massive through the shoulders-arms-upper back. Your legs and glutes look REALLY good from the side (the side tricep shot) - the lighting washes out the cuts from the front pics. Calves are nice and separated in the back pose.

WOW!!

(And you make cute faces when you pose, too!;))

EdgarMex
03-11-2003, 01:48 PM
Looking great, dude! :thumbup: You're certainly an inspirations for those of us in the older crowd.

Paul Stagg
03-11-2003, 02:17 PM
Very impressive! You are going to do well.

SWOLE
03-11-2003, 03:33 PM
i dont need to tell you that you are lookin good. everyone else beat me too it!! but damn, you are proportional, which is nice, good job!!!!

big
03-11-2003, 03:50 PM
look great, add a fake smile and you'll be good to go. :D

galileo
03-11-2003, 03:57 PM
You look great! Time to make your quads look like the rest of you.

Maki Riddington
03-11-2003, 04:38 PM
Smoking!.

BennettBoy
03-11-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Paul Stagg
Very impressive! You are going to do well.

Thanks Paul. I'll give it my best.

chris mason
03-11-2003, 05:10 PM
You look great! Absolutely great condition for being 12 weeks out. I think you will have to watch out for making the classic mistake of overdieting. If you find that you hit contest shape too early, overdiet a bit and then fill as you approach the show.

Anyway, looking great!

BennettBoy
03-11-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by galileo
Time to make your quads look like the rest of you.

Any ideas how to make that happen LOL? I have never neglected my legs. I've squatted once a week from day one of learning to train. My legs haven't responded like my upper body and I feel I work out harder on leg day than other days.

Something is amiss......I just don't know what. I am now going to lower the weights some and start increasing my reps for all leg exercises to the 12-15 range and hopefully I will hit on something with that.

If nothing else, I'm hoping a higher rep range, reduced body fat, and the sprints I'm doing for cardio will bring out the cuts to the max anyway. Right now I'm lacking size and the cuts. :cry:

BennettBoy
03-11-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by chris mason
You look great! Absolutely great condition for being 12 weeks out. I think you will have to watch out for making the classic mistake of overdieting. If you find that you hit contest shape too early, overdiet a bit and then fill as you approach the show.

Thanks Chris. I totally agree too. I will watch it. My calorie intake is still 2700-2800 and I'm going to leave it here for 2 more weeks anyway and see how my next bodyfat check goes. I'd like to drop around .4-.5 percent a week now and I'd be right on target for coming in at 4-5%.

LOL, I can still pinch alot of fat.....and 12 weeks comes in a hurry.

Thanks much mate!

chris mason
03-11-2003, 05:18 PM
You know what, for your legs, when the diet is done, try performing the leg giant set routine I recommended a while back. What you do is hit leg press, leg extension, and squat back to back to back with no rest between sets. Perform 6-10 reps for each set. I think that will help to blow your legs up.

galileo
03-11-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by BennettBoy

Any ideas how to make that happen LOL? I have never neglected my legs. I've squatted once a week from day one of learning to train. My legs haven't responded like my upper body and I feel I work out harder on leg day than other days.

Sure.

If your legs aren't responding to squats once a week try some other stuff.
1. Rear Dumbbell Lunges
2. Leg Press
3. Varied Rep ranges (3-5 or 12-20)
4. Varied volume.

Pick something and stick with it. My legs grew nicely from drop sets of leg extensions and lunges. Too bad my knees are now broke.

Maki Riddington
03-11-2003, 08:04 PM
I also think that splitting up your quads and hams onto different days would help. If you're doing that already I would then suggest a secod leg workout. Of course not while you're dieting.

K-Daddy
03-11-2003, 08:42 PM
You look amazing dude (again, said purely in a non-homosexual manner...maybe with a slight lisp...wait, was that out loud?). It doesn't look like you've gotten any smaller, just leaner (which probably makes you look bigger anyway). At the rate you're going, you'll make it into the show in excellent condition.

Manveet
03-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Another vote for giant thigh set. Made my stick legs grow.

steveo
03-12-2003, 12:37 AM
Looking Massive BB. Can't wait to see some more progress pic of that cut. You working on your Tan.:D

YatesNightBlade
03-12-2003, 03:19 AM
Looking very good. You've got a good shape and your arms are ace. Good luck. Dieting suxs.

d221
03-12-2003, 08:18 AM
I think once your on stage tanned up with good stage lighting, providing lots of shadows you will look much better than you think. You look awesome stood in your garden, with poor lighting and quick posing due to your timer on your camera. I think with your current progress and under more controlled lighting and circumstances you will have a much bigger impact than you are giving yourself credit for.

Keep it up Craig, we are all behind you.

kAiXuan
03-12-2003, 01:31 PM
dood, even with the ****ty lighting your looking great!
your calves look good :thumbup:

djreef
03-12-2003, 02:34 PM
Keep up the good work. You look great. Higher reps is good for legs, sometimes. I blew an extra 3 inches onto my quads in 2 months doing hacks in the 20-30rep range. You definitely want to do those at the end, though.

DJ
= 8-->{I>

WeakSauceAsian
03-13-2003, 02:05 AM
You are frickin' buff.

That is all.

supirman
03-13-2003, 12:07 PM
Looking good. Only thing I can say is squat heavier. Your quads are too small for your upper body.

MonStar
03-13-2003, 01:04 PM
Looking good BB, I think youll do extremely well in the competition. Good luck with it man.

Looking good. Only thing I can say is squat heavier. Your quads are too small for your upper body.

And, I hate to say this, but---:withstupi

Slowmo
03-13-2003, 01:29 PM
Looking very good. No sense in worrying about the quads now. Just get ripped for the show. When you begin bulking again you WILL make your quads grow :)

Shankerr
03-13-2003, 03:20 PM
Lookin' great mate! If there was ever a time which I felt fat, now would be it!

BennettBoy
03-13-2003, 06:07 PM
Thanks for all the comments folks. Trust me, I will continue to blast my legs right up to show time and then more of the same afterwards. I'm going to give some supersets with higher reps a go later when I start back bulking.

I just hope my legs don't completely look foolish on stage with all the monstors I'm expecting to be at this show. I'm glad my calves are decent though....that offsets my quads somewhat :D

Thanks again. I really appreciate all the comments and compliments. I promise to give my best effort for sure.

BennettBoy
03-25-2003, 07:03 AM
Here's another picture taken yesterday of my smallish quads :D

chris mason
03-25-2003, 08:22 AM
Your legs look fine. What a lot of people don't realize is that the legs shrink up quite a bit when the bodyfat is lost, especially in natural trainees.

Power-BB
03-25-2003, 09:05 AM
I like tangerine speedo shot :D

djreef
03-25-2003, 09:10 AM
God, I would so kill for that kind of vascularity in my arms. I say just stay the course (it's a little late to change much now), & work for the pre-contest pump in your quads, concentrating on that throughout the contest. Just don't do so much you flatten out, or pass out for that matter. Also remember, posing is almost as important, so definitely nail down your routine. And stay positive through the whole event. This is going to be an incredible learning experience, so keep your head in it, & take notes!

DJ
= 8-->{I>

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-25-2003, 09:19 AM
Brilliant vascularity, Craig. You look really good man.

Ironman8
03-25-2003, 06:08 PM
Hey, Bennet, is that you in your avatar? You look different.

ElPietro
03-25-2003, 08:42 PM
F*cking guy!

:thumbup:

BennettBoy
03-26-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by chris mason
Your legs look fine. What a lot of people don't realize is that the legs shrink up quite a bit when the bodyfat is lost, especially in natural trainees.

Thanks Chris. I totally agree. I have done everything I could from 35-40 grams glutamine daily + 3 grams ALA to taking all EFA's, etc, but losing some LBM is simply a given in my case.

I just hope I can get my quads as defined and shredded as possible. Since my calves are a tad larger than some that might help. :)

BennettBoy
03-26-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by djreef
God, I would so kill for that kind of vascularity in my arms.

Sure wished I could get some veins to start showing in my quads and abs :D

BennettBoy
03-26-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Brilliant vascularity, Craig. You look really good man.

Thanks Robboe. I really appreciate it.

BennettBoy
03-26-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Ironman8
Hey, Bennet, is that you in your avatar? You look different.

Yep, that's me. I was just trying to look stupid in that avatar shot :angel:

I'm really not a thug.

BennettBoy
03-26-2003, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by ElPietro
F*cking guy!

He is kind of a pain in the ass. :D

Thanks dude.

Wolverine
03-26-2003, 07:11 PM
Just wanted to chime in here. Pics look great and best of luck in your show. Maybe you can give me some first show pointers in the future should I decide to try it next year........

Max-Mex
03-31-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by BennettBoy
I still think my chest needs to be fuller, my legs need to be bigger, and my posing needs help still. But if I can get the cuts to come out in my legs maybe they will not be as bad as I thought originally.

Legs, that's about it, quads and hams to be exact. I'm sure as you progress we'll see more of what's underneath that skin. Everything else looks damn good.

gino
04-02-2003, 11:27 AM
Nice man. Huge improvement over past photos - not that you ever looked bad