PDA

View Full Version : Workout while carbing up on CKD..

TiGeR AK
03-12-2003, 06:50 AM
I am currently doing full body workouts as a change of pace.

if I am on a CKD... and I save my workouts for sometime during the Carb Up period... will I have close to my maximal energy/strength for my lifts?

I am afraid that if i lift during carb depletion phase, I won't have enough strength to reach my maximum lifts. What would happen if i worked out DURING my carb up phase?

Paul Stagg
03-12-2003, 10:12 AM
I would train right after the carb up. If you carb up on Saturday, for example, train on Sunday or Monday.

Are you doing a depletion workout?

raniali
03-12-2003, 12:13 PM
if your carb up is longer than a day, you can start training at the end of the second day and you should be about your normal wts. i was training on the 1st and 2nd day of keto and did OK - but i wasn't lifting any personal bests.

TiGeR AK
03-12-2003, 08:40 PM
i know that carbs are very important immediately after a hard workout. Will i have enough carbs in me after 2 carb up days for the time period immediately following my workout, if i work out the day following the carb up?

bradley
03-13-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by TiGeR AK
i know that carbs are very important immediately after a hard workout. Will i have enough carbs in me after 2 carb up days for the time period immediately following my workout, if i work out the day following the carb up?

You should be fine. Like the others mentioned perform workouts on the two consecutive days following the carb up and then perform a depletion workout (higher rep circuit workout) to make sure glycogen stores are empty before carbing up.