PDA

View Full Version : Yo, Back Up!

Power-BB
03-12-2003, 09:18 AM
I'm now starting my journal. I had stuff written done last year when I first joined, but never bothered posting it.

Breakfast:
Ham & Cheese Omelet
4 pieces of pineapple
1 bowl of Golden Grahams

1 hour later
8 egg whites

This is what my breakfast usually consist of today being March 12th 2003, I'm around the 180 range with 2 1/2 years + of lifting experience.

I'm doing a 4 to 5 day split (usually depending on how how much sleep i've gotten the night before) but usually hit all body parts every week on good weeks or atleast every 10 days.

I hope to compete one day but feel I've never had the genetics or eating habits to make it. I'll post pics. when my sister gets here to show you what's up.

Power

MonStar
03-12-2003, 09:19 AM
Great to see you starting back up again Power, really looking forward to you keeping this journal. Good luck with your training and diet and all that man.

Power-BB
03-13-2003, 08:20 AM
Yestriday was my off day but I still kept my diet good.

Had a plate of Potato Whips, turkey and lausagna for lunch

Detour Bar 1 hour later

Dinner was a 12 inch steak works no cheese

2 cans of tuna 18 grams each

1 hour before bed another detour bar and a whey shake

Wow now that I look at that, doesn't seem like much but around the 200+ gram range of protein.

Weighed in at 178 before going to bed

Now more than before, my diet has been on point. I think now after 2 1/2 years of training and learning, I'm on the road to success. Look for my upcoming photos

Power-BB
03-13-2003, 07:04 PM
Right now I'm doing 2 days on, 1 day off. Today was my first day back on and I hit my shoulders and traps. My shoulders rarely are sore no matter how hard I punish them. Trap workout went alright as well. For some reason my back and shoulders never seem to grow, and never seem get bigger. I just think they don't react.

Nutrition wise it was not as good as yestriday. Still took in probably 200+ grams of protein, but I felt I ate a lot more junk food today. All in class today I just zone out and all I thought about was whether I should start cutting now, after 3 years of bulking :clown:

Got a test tomorrow so I'm out.

Power

Power-BB
03-16-2003, 10:00 AM
Yestriday was my day off and decided to binge on some good food and went to Outback. I felt really bad after eating a Mad Max and having soo much of that good bread with butter all over it :clown:

Anyways yestriday was probably the worst as diet goes. But I'll pick that back up today with already a good breakfast and my workout today being deadlifts and biceps. It's an odd day but thats because i usually throw in the exercises that I haven't done this week and will start back up with chest and triceps tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and Happy Saint Patty's Day everyone :clown:

Power-BB
03-18-2003, 10:10 AM
Yestriday I couldn't really eat as much as I usually do. Could this be because of lack of sleep? I don't know but I had a horrible diet. It was chest and triceps (still haven't done any dips, keep on forgetting them) But anyways I had done an impressive 185 incline for 4 reps. Probably could have repped out maybe 1 or 2 more but I did a solid 4 by myself.

Today my diet has been going great. I always have good mornings but fail to get good nutrition in at night. I try to have a little at night before I go to sleep, but not much.

Weighed in at 176 1/2 and stand at 5'10 (haven't grown in a while :( But anyways I said I was going to keep up with this the best I can and I will!

Power

Power-BB
03-19-2003, 10:16 AM
Yestriday went a great day of legs. I've started leg training over a year ago but never really took it too seriously. Here was my routine:

Squats 4 sets
Seated Calf Raises: 4 sets
Leg Press: 4 Sets
Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets

My intensity yestriday more than ever was through the roof on those squats. I can say though that my eating habits weren't exactly on point. Ending up I would grade my day in total a 7 out of 10.

Also took some ZMA before bed (usually I forget or usually take just zinc and magnesium) and had some unbelievable sleep. I actually woke up not feeling grogy and felt really good. Now I'm feeling a bit sleepy and might take a 20 minute nap before eating lunch.

Power

Power-BB
03-22-2003, 09:31 PM
Yestriday was my trap/shoulder day. I did military presses, lateral raises along with doing my rear delts. For traps I did dumbell shrugs and barbell. For some reason my shoulders never react to training. They are actually one of my strongest muscles, but for some reason, just don't seem to grow and never get sore.

It's my 3rd day on 6-OXO, (I was taking 1-AD for about a month) I know it's suppose to raise your natural test lvls but other than that, haven't noticed anything else.

Was able to talk to a powerlifter, who is an ex.bodybuilder and had some interesting things to say. He has a 645 bench along with some amazing other stats that I don't remember. He claims to be all natural and I believe him, but those are some big numbers. Asked him if he could watch me doing deadlifts some day so I can get my form alittle better. Said he would be happy too. He's been going at the weights for 12+ years and seems to know a lot about lifting. Hopefully I'll meet up with him again and will learn some stuff.

Had horrible sleep that night cause I worried, but now I'm not too worried about what I was worried about and am going to have a good sleep tonight :D

Sunday is my BS day where I just go in and hit muscles I haven't hit that week. Basically this is going to look like my Hamstrings and Biceps.

Had a pretty good meal plan today. It should be even better tomorrow. Being my off day I took it kind of easy.

Expect big gains in the next couple months from me.

Power

Alex.V
03-22-2003, 09:37 PM
645 bench? What's his name? With a number like that, he's probably pretty well-known.

How's your recovery going on the 6-OXO? I mean, you feeling back to normal, or did nothing change when you came off to begin with?

Power-BB
03-23-2003, 11:04 AM
I guess my recovery with 6-OXO is going alright. I mean it's not like I feel any better anyways and I take it right before bed. Never really felt like anything coming off the cycle but figured taking this post cycle would just bring my test lvls back up. Am I suppose to feel anything Belial? Like better sleep or anything? It just suppose to bring my test lvls back up and supress estrogen so I didn't think I would be able to feel any of that.

I don't know the guys name but he said he's pretty well known. Said something about top 20 in his club or division or something? I'll ask him next time I see him. He told me about this other gym he goes to for squats and deadlifts so I might check that out during the summer. Said it's a hole in the wall gym but has a ton of hardcore lifters. Said people do good mornings with over 700 pounds. Also they use a lot of chains with squats along with pulleys or something. Sounds like my kind of stuff :D

Today my diet is going good. Going to lift later on today but am going to eat hard, take a nap, then do some work.

Power

Power-BB
03-24-2003, 03:11 PM
This morning I had an omelet along with a bowl of cereal, some fruit and 2 pancakes (small) I'm starting to get sick of eating so many eggs every morning. After I eat breakfast, I wait an hour than have 8 egg whites. I felt sick after eating the first one but was able to down them. Tomorrow I think I might just pull some chicken breast from the fridge and have that after my breakfast.

Anyways though what an amazing chest/tris workout yestriday was. I also hit hamstring as well. Total workout lasted 1 hour 30 minutes. I did maybe 18 sets of chest and 8 sets of tris and boy are they sore. Today is my day off but I can't wait to hit quads and calves tomorrow. Mainly doing some heavy ass squats.

Back to lunch now, I had 6 chicken fingers then a myoplex shake 3 hours later. Nutrition wise, things are going great.

I have a intramural soccer game in about an hour so right now I'm going to down 2 cans of tuna which roughly ends out to be 30 grams of protein.

Still expect big gains from me. Going for 200 pounds by the end of the summer and a 245 bench. Wish me luck guys.:strong:

Power

Power-BB
03-25-2003, 08:38 AM
After being sick of all those eggs in the morning, I just decided to have a waffle with an omelet again. After 1 hour I plan on having 2 cans of tuna roughly around 30 grams of protein.

For some reason I was more tired than usually this morning so I skipped my 8:30 for like an hour more of sleep. (sucks but hey I was pretty tired)

Anyways today I plan on doing back and bics. I have a another soccer game tomorrow and don't wanna do legs and not be able to walk tomorrow.

Last night I weighed in at 178. I guess I'm doing alright cause coming off that andro, I was thinking I would lose a lot of water weight. I might have lost around 2 to 3 pounds, but I'm still pretty satisfied.

Other than that I have no real plans of doing much. Gym later on tonight, probably go see a tutor this afternoon and talk to my student advisor about figuring out a major for myself.

Lift hard guys cause I know I will be :strong:

Power-BB
03-25-2003, 02:48 PM
For lunch I had a chicken breast along with a double cheese burger. When I came back from class I was still full so I decided to have an MRP when I came back from talking to my advisor. Well anyways that took so long that it's now about dinner time and I'm just going to skip taking that MRP and save room for Ernie's Pizza (yayayay 5 buck large cheese baby!)

Anyways still going to lift hard tonight with some back and bics. My back never seems to get sore no matter how hard I push them. I honestly think they are stubborn and don't react.

I'm decide that 200 was a bit too much for me to do by the end of the summer. Since I do wanna put in a cutting phase soon, I think about 190 by Fall sounds more reasonable. I honestly don't look 178 and I don't know where all the weight is. Oh well I still got time to decide. I know for a fact though that I want to put up 245 by the beginning of summer vacation or around that range.

Still going to have around 3 more meals before bed and going to keep my diet on track.

Power

Power-BB
03-26-2003, 10:46 AM
I ended up throwing up my breakfast today for no reason. I had something itching my throat and had something to drink. I kept coughing and I yakked. Oh well **** happens.

Anyways I have some pictures of my back after doing back/bis yestriday posted in the member's pic area. Check them out when you got the time and critisize please.

Anyways I have a soccer game today, and had planned on quad/calves tonight but won't have time. Oh well I'll push it to tomorrow and work extra hard.

I need lunch now so I gotta go.

Power

Power-BB
03-27-2003, 12:54 PM
Today I'm doing quads and calves. I'm all done with classes today and I just realized how sh!tty I'm doing in all of them. I need to get working on all this stuff.

Anyways though same breakfast, still eating big and still lifting hard. Other than that same old thing here.

Power

Power-BB
03-29-2003, 05:04 PM
I've tooken 2 days off so far which is really depressing, but my leg day has kept me down and sore. I was going to go in today and doing shoulders/calves/hamstrings but instead I'm just going to keep it easy today and go in tomorrow.

My diet today has been alright. Had an omelet, pineapples and half a waffle. 3 hours later I had 8 egg whites. 1 hour later some wings plus chicken tenders. 45 minutes later some chicken nuggets. Basically a lot of junk food, but all containing protein which I was happy about.

I'm about to go play soccer in about an hour so I plan on having a protein bar or shake pretty soon.

I've been pretty stressed out about school and trying to get good grades. Probably not going to go out tonight and just hit the books.

Still hitting my 6-OXO every night and thinking about it, I need to put more time into eating better and more.

Basically same old thing here.

Power

Power-BB
03-31-2003, 09:12 AM
Worked out shoulders yestriday and went heavy. Had 3 warm up sets then did 4 hard working military press sets. Was able to get up to 145 doing 5 reps on my last set. I can never get my shoulders sore so I never feel that I get a good workout from doing them.

I ended up playing soccer Saturday night for 3 hours then came home and had an N Large shake to get all those calories back in me. It was a good time and I plan on playing next weekend as well.

I'm still trying to eat a ton, and lifting hard. Honestly my motivation hasn't been to high but I'll go and put in my hour and a half every other day usually.

no significant increases in weight I'm doing. I'm thinking of going more heavy than I usually do, going for the 4 to 5 rep range. Other than that same old here.

Btw I saw i kid about 150 doing 335 pound squats going down like 2 inches tuttut it was pretty disappointing and very upsetting. After words he left 3 45 plates on each side, like someone was going to warm up with that weight. He just wanted to seem like a big man wearing his "under armor" muscle shirt. I should have went over there and banged some sense into him :bash: Anyways I try never to correct anyone lifting cause I don't know whether they are doing static or some weird new training, but this really got to me.

Oh well back to class :thumbup:

Power

Power-BB
04-03-2003, 08:23 PM
Haven't posted in a while but heres what happened.

Monday March 31st I did Chest Tris

Warmup:
Bar

Real Set
205 for 5 Reps (W00t haven't done it before and was pumped)
185 for 6 Reps
185 for 5 Reps
185 for 5 Reps

I was pretty pumped about doing that 205. Back in November (geez that was a long time ago) I couldn't do it once and was able to rep them out pretty good.

That basically set the tone for the rest of the workout. I kept it heavy with cable crossovers, incline barbell, close grip, and rope pull-down. Came back the next morning pretty sore which I take as having a good ass workout.

Anyways Today April 3rd went in for back. I did deadlifts first using a wider more sumo like position and was able to pull 185 pretty easily. I moved up to 225 doing probably 10 reps with that. I then went up to 275 being able to do that 2 reps in 2 different sets. I as well was pretty pumped about that. Just changing my footing I was able to hoist more weight and it felt a lot better.

Anyways ended up doing 4 sets of pull-ups, lat pulldowns, bent-over rows, as well as my traps (since I did deads these felt really good) After traps I did 2 sets of back pulls (don't know what they are called) and was finished.

Overall I had a great workout these past couple days. Really excited about my new gains and new lifts. Hopefully I'll be able to keep myself motivated and lift hard. Things are going great here.

Power

Power-BB
04-04-2003, 03:33 PM
Today I wasn't too hungry this morning but ended up having an omelet with a bowl of grits. 1 hour later ended up having 8 egg whites (as usual) then 2 hours later had some chicken fingers.

Boy was my back sore today. I guess I really hit those deadlifts good along with my lats cause they are killing me right now. Since I have a soccer game tomorrow I'm just going to work my shoulders and biceps, then on Sunday I'll go in and do legs.

Ever since I started eating a lot better, my gains have been huge since where I was before. I always could tell myself that eating is the way to get huge, but never could do it. Now more than ever have i made more progress than I did the entire last year but it's such a big accomplishment, i can't even describe in words what it feels like.

Hopefully my gains will keep coming and i stay dedicated to the iron.

P.S. ended up going to the Home Depot yestriday and buying a chain to do weighted dips/weighted pull-ups and etc. I just have a weight belt and was going to connect it to that.

Lift hard my tiny friends

Power

Power-BB
04-08-2003, 12:14 PM
the past couple days i've been laying off the omelets and going to over-easy eggs. (Usually about 4 or 5 with 2 having cheese).
Anyways been sticking to having 8 egg whites after 1 hour of having my breakfast.

Yestriday I did quads again doing squats. Not being able to go as heavy as I did last week, but still having good deep form and to failure. Afterwards I did lunges around my track which was a change from my usual routine then to 2 sets of leg extensions and 2 sets of wall squats or chairs. Feeling sore today, not awfully sore, but pretty sore in my glutes and quads.

Just got back today (this afternoon) doing calves and hamstrings. That went alright but doing a small muscle group like this, didn't really seem to be able to work hard no matter what I did, hardly breaking a sweat.

Always having an N Large shake after lifting (usually 5 scoops instead of 4) with water.

I measured my arms today which measured at 15.3 but not sure if that is legit or real. Probably got a little pump from my nap or something cause they usually measure at 15.

Always still seeing the morons lift so heavy ass weight that makes me sick to watch their form but oh well if it works for them.

PS Went to GNC the other day to return 2 year old protein (yes, I said 2 years old!) and they were able to take it and I got some Optimum Whey even though the jug i changed was more than half way empty. I was pretty pumped. Also got some sleeping aid stuff from a nutrition store. The guy (he's about 280 offseason, a huge guy his site is tvigs.com) said it's some powerful stuff and that he promises it'll probably be pulled off the market. Seemed to work really good for me last night.

Power-BB
04-11-2003, 07:19 PM
Haven't kept up with my journal for the past couple days and I have good reasons why. On Wednesday night I smoked the most deez joint i have ever seen. Anyways I ended up feeling sick for 2 days afterwards only eating very little and sleeping a ton. I think I'm back to normal now, but still didn't eat too much today not wanting to push my body. I'll eat good tomorrow though.

Anyways I haven't been lifting cause of what happened. But on Wednesday night before i smoked, I did chest and triceps. Wasn't as strong as I usually am, (probably cause I did calves and hammies earlier) but I also did a few good sets before hitting 205 again and was only able to do 3 good ones.

I'm getting back on my diet after having these past 2 days of not eating basically and getting back on track to hit 200 by the end of this summer and maybe throwing in my first cutting cycle as well :D If I feel like it :)

Power-BB
04-27-2003, 02:07 PM
Haven't posted in a while and i have reasons. First of all my girlfriend broke up with me so I've been having problems with that. Not only that but because I haven't been able to eat good or sleep either. Well we kind of worked things out but all we really need is time :( Hopefully she'll forgive me but I really don't wanna go into detail about what happened.

Anyways though I haven't lifted in about 1 1/2 weeks or maybe even 2 but I also haven't filled in a journal entry in a while. Well eating has been really ****ty but here it goes for today.

Ham and Cheese Omelet
6 slices of Pineapple
About half a waffle (cause I forgot to spray the grill before I put the batter on)

1 hour later a can of tuna and some applesauce

1 hour afterwards quad workout:
4 sets of Squats (tried machine squats and hated it)
4 sets of Leg Extensions
1 set of Front Squats
4 sets of Leg Presses

Total workout was just basically quads and lasted 45 minutes

I guess I'm basically trying to ease back into working out longer and longer. I didn't feel like being there but stuck it out anyways

20 minutes after workout sugar and gatorade powder
10 minutes after that 4 scoopes of N Large 52 grams of protein and 70+ grams of carbs (something like that)

I'll keep to the journal again. Hopefully I'll find new motivation because i am truly going through some hard times right now.

Power

GhettoSmurf
04-27-2003, 02:55 PM
sorry to hear about you and your girlfrend. ill keep my fingers crossed that everything works out for the 2 of you.

Xg74
04-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Just reading your journal, and it sounds like the guy you met awhile back with the big bench was someone from Westside Barbell maybe. Could have been Dave Tate, I think he has a 645 bench now.

Power-BB
04-28-2003, 07:25 PM
Did not lift today. I had a decent meal plan going on but still didn't lift. Ran alittle during stickball but other than I've tooken the day off. Found new motivation at:

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22311

It's a good read if anyone wants to check it out. Things are getting better between me and my ex.girlfriend. I still want to be with her. She needs time and I understand that. She's my dream and i'll most def. post some pics of her soon. Hope you guys are lifting hard and eating good.

Power

Power-BB
04-28-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Xg74
Just reading your journal, and it sounds like the guy you met awhile back with the big bench was someone from Westside Barbell maybe. Could have been Dave Tate, I think he has a 645 bench now.

Don't remember if thats the guys name but he said he does do Westside Barbell for squats and deadlifts but absolutely hates the way they do bench. Thats the only reason why I saw him that night. Oh well if I caught him again i'll ask him.

Power