PDA

View Full Version : BB/MA Soap Opera

aikigreg
03-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Lots of stuff going on in my life. Had to take a couple months off of weightlifting regularly due to my wife having tumors and surgery, and I ate everything in sight. Went from a fairly happy 215/220 to 245. Estimated bf around 20-25%. When I ripped a pair of pants at work I got some seriousness back.

Started back abotu 3 weeks ago. I've been gearing up for my brown belt in Aikido, which I passed, and on Feb 25th I started the t-dawg II diet and got my butt back in th gym.

Basically diet is 70g carbs per day except on training days, where it's bumped to 100g, with 50g coming from a PWO drink. Saturday was a carb refeed of one big cheat meal.

The first week I lost about 5 pounds, all water I'm sure, but my pants were a bit looser anyway. Calories were about 2100/day.

aikigreg
03-12-2003, 10:32 AM
This week. Monday I was in a lot of joint pain, but Aikido went well. We worked on defending against straight punches with Ikkyo, iriminage, kokyu, kotaegeshi, and the like. Finished with Jiyuwaza which went ok for me, though Eddy kept locking me up a bit.

I still feel drained from my test last wednesday. I've been a bit ill and not wanting to eat. I only got 1611 cals yesterday and I was shooting for 1900-2000.

Diet was:
Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1611
Fat: 67 603 40%
Carbs: 67 247 16%
Protein: 169 674 44%

My workout still went pretty well. It consists of the following excercises. 3 sets each 8-12 reps with 30 secs rest in between except for squats and deads, which I allow 60 secs rest for. The goal is strictly fat loss and that's why I am having such short rest periods - to try and accellerate metabolism.

Bench,
Squat,
Bent Over row
SLDL
Lat pulldown
Decline skullcrushers
Standing bicep curl
Crunch on fitness ball

Weighed myself this morning and I have not lost one freaking pound since last tuesday. How the hell can this be? I lift on Tues, Turs, and Sat, have Aikido on Mon and Wed, and golf on Sunday. With the cals I am taking in I should be shedding some serious fat. I am leaving the door open for muscle gain since I have gotten stronger, but sheesh!

I'm starting to think a PWO drink is bogus for fat loss, but I'm trying like hell to build muscle too if possible.

Supps:
Biotest low carb grow
Biotest md-6 (ephedra)
Universal Uni-liver tabs (for a laugh)
multivit.
Biotest Surge PWO drink.

I'm going to give it another couple weeks before I flip out and totally uppercut someone.

oh. Found a place that is totally legit to prescribe steroids and sells them over the net. fukkin weird, but since 'm considering HRT I'll be leaving my options open if things don't go well with my doctor.

Workhorse
03-12-2003, 10:36 AM
Just a thought, but if you're weighing 245, and you're only taking 1600 cals a day... your body may be in starvation mode. I'm 210 and I couldn't function on 1600 cals a day, let alone be as active as you are!! Rather than just posting your totals for the day, post each meal, what you eat and what time you eat it. Maybe we can give you some help with the diet. Don't quit though, determination is the key to success.

aikigreg
03-12-2003, 11:10 AM
Well, I shouldn't be in starvation mode since I ate enough to put on 20 pounds in 4 months, I would think. 1600 definately is low for me, as I'm shooting for right around 2000.

on Non-workout days I eat at 7:30, 12, 4, and usually about 9. Sometimes I eat breakfast earlier and have a couple scrambled eggs at 9:15.

Normally I'll eat: protein shake with .25 cup cotage cheese and maybe .25 cup oatmeal For Breakfast. Chicken breast or steak for lunch with a cup of mixed lower carb veggies for lunch.
Straight protein shake before I leave work
If I workout I have a PWO shake right afterwards,
Some sort of meat and veggies at night.

I definately gain fat at 3000 cals a day - I have an extremely slow metabolism - thanks I think to low T and screwing my body up from 6 years of vegetarianism. I'll post complete foods over the next few days.

Workhorse
03-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Are you saying you only ate 1600 cals a day for 4 months and put on 20 pounds of fat??

Your diet looks good, you may have a slow metabolism, you may need more cardiovascular work rather than just weight training and Aikido. Just a thought. The bottom line is you need to take in less cals per day than you burn... that's how you lose weight. I don't know what affect vegetarianism would have had.

aikigreg
03-12-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Workhorse
Are you saying you only ate 1600 cals a day for 4 months and put on 20 pounds of fat??

Your diet looks good, you may have a slow metabolism, you may need more cardiovascular work rather than just weight training and Aikido. Just a thought. The bottom line is you need to take in less cals per day than you burn... that's how you lose weight. I don't know what affect vegetarianism would have had.

No, not at all. I went off the weights and ate unrestricted from dec through end of february, and gained the weight during that time.

I was a stupid vegetarian. Bowls of pasta and soy were all I ate. I'm definately trying to get more cals out than in. My assumption at this point is that due to my fat mass and my detraining, I am gaining some muscle and losing fat, with zero movment on the scale. I'll give it another few weeks before I change the diet or workout.

Workhorse
03-12-2003, 11:56 AM
Yes, you're right... when you first start off a training routine when you haven't been on one before, you will gain muscle and lose fat and I know in some people, I have even seen them gain weight and lose pant sizes. Results won't be instant... but how clothes fit is one of the best indicators as to how your body composition is changing (other than BF% tests). Good luck and keep at it!

aikigreg
03-12-2003, 12:26 PM
And thanks for all the advice, it's much appreciated!

aikigreg
03-13-2003, 09:12 AM
Ok. Last at at Aikido still wasn't much fun - feel like I've still got some recovery to do from my test. My joints are just so stiff. I'm halfway betting it's been from too little food the last couple days and probably too little water as well. Yesterday I tried hard to eat more even though I feel a bit sick in the afternoons lately. I'm thinking that might be from the liver pills so I'm going off them for a few days.

Anyway, at aikido we worked on cross-hand grabs and lapel grabs. From the CHG, we performed nikkyo, shihonage, sankyo, and a choke hold. From the lapel grab we worked on breaking balance and doing either an ikkyo or udegarame. Randori afterwards. Chris let me teach the aiki-taisos with the sword at the beginning of class.

Food yesterday was:
Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1817
Fat: 87 784 46%
Carbs: 60 202 12%
Protein: 181 724 42%

Pork roast, loin
Egg omelet or scrambled egg,
Biotest Advanced Protein serving 110 2 2 20
Cheese, natural, Cheddar or American type
Mixed salad greens, raw cup, shredded or choppedQuantity
Oats, raw cup 78 1 14 3
Salsa, NFS cuptablespoonpacketQuantity not
Steak,
Onions, mature, raw
Pepper, sweet, green, raw
Salad dressing, KRAFT Ranch Dressing tablespoons 74 8 1 0
Carrots, raw Peanut butter, chunk style, with salt
Cheese, Provolone cup, dicedcubic inchslice (1 oz)Quantity
Salami, NFS cupslice (4" dia x 1/8" thick)slice, NFSthin
Turkey pastrami cupslice (1 oz)slice, NFSthin sliceQuantity not
Cucumber pickles, sour cuplarge (4" long)medium (3-3/4"
biochem protein serving 290 5 19 30

Today I hit the gym again.

aikigreg
03-13-2003, 03:09 PM
this just in - tuna now makes me gag. BLECH. I hope this ****e digests before I go lift.

aikigreg
03-14-2003, 09:04 AM
Since getting a new set of straps last week I've finally been able to deadlift again and been slowly increasing the weight back on the bar. Added about 30 pounds to my SLDL last night and during my second set, experienced a big twinge on the lower right side of my back that caused me to almost drop the weight. I quit the set and didn't do the next set. I didn't want to risk giving myself an injury. Since my back feels fine today I guess I did the right thing.

This just in - the wife made my favorite turkey sloppy joe recipe - spicey like chili and a little vinegar-y sour. I mixed some cottage cheese in to tone it down a bit and was surprised at how CREAMY it was. Loved it. If anyone wants the recipe, let me know.

Breakdown of foods yesterday.
source grams cals %total
Total: 1913
Fat: 80 723 40%
Carbs: 95 351 19%
Protein: 186 744 41%

Bacon, NS as to type of meat, cooked
Egg omelet or scrambled egg, fat not added in cooking
Cheese, natural, Cheddar or American type
Tortilla, NFS
Chicken, drumstick, with or without bone, fried, no coating, skin eaten
Broccoli, raw
Carrots, raw
Cauliflower, cooked,
Tuna, canned, water pack
Biotest Surge (2scoop) serving 350 2 49 25
Turkey, ground
Tomatoes, canned, low sodium cupQuantity
Onions, mature, raw
Oats, raw cup 47 1 8 2
Cheese, cottage, NFS cupQuantity not specified 199 7 6 26
Pepper, sweet, green,

aikigreg
03-14-2003, 11:57 AM
It was 72* here today, so at lunch I sat outside and had some serious inner conversations with myself. Set some goals and here they are.

By July 7 this year I will have done two things:
Gotten to 15% bodyfat or 210 pounds. (240 right now)
That's 10%bf (estimate) or 30 pounds in roughly 15 weeks. Should be perfectly achieveable. I will use every means at my disposal.

Second, I will have achieved ikkyu rank by then. That gives me 30 hours of practice time, no counting what I can put together for the weekend. This is one rank before black belt.

Long term goal: Blackbelt by end of year and 195 pounds.

aikigreg
03-17-2003, 12:59 PM
Welp, normally I golf on Sunday and lift on Saturday. But since I had an invite to a swank course I decided to reverse it. When Sunday roles around my wife decides to do a ton of yard work and I was going to help her a couple hours and then jet off to the gym. Instead I managed to screw around and ruin the mower. Trying to fix it and do other stuff kept me from going to the gym. I feel like a slob, but I'll just havta work extra hard this week to make up for it. Nothing else to report for the moment.

aikigreg
03-18-2003, 09:12 AM
Aikido last night was good, though I think I flipped Sensei out when I told him I wanted ikkyu by end of July. Did a blind randori last night and I was unstoppable. Someone tried to push me and even not knowing it was coming, even with my eyes closed, I didn't budge an inch. Also took several people down and pinned them. WAY cool. Can't wait to go lift today - I hope this strength has carried over. Maybe missing that lift day helped out with some extra recovery.

Ok. Yesterday's f00d: (the carb total should be a bit lower- their beef and veggies mixture was way off)
Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1707
Fat: 75 678 41%
Carbs: 102 334 20%
Protein: 160 640 39%

Biotest Advanced Protein
Broccoli, raw
Carrots, raw
Oats, raw cup 78 1 14 3
Beef and vegetables
Mixed nuts, roasted, without peanuts
Chicken, breast,
Onions, mature, raw
Cheese, cottage, NFS
Milk, cow's, fluid, 1% fat

aikigreg
03-19-2003, 09:31 AM
ok Gym last night went well, though I had to use the crappy one near my house instead of the airport Y. But that's ok because I got to use the dip machine instead of decline skullcrushers! Yaaay! Also met this cool powerlifting chick.

f00d yesterday - apparently I got a lot of calories and they came easily, which has been tough lately. Overshot the carbs some.

Total: 2245
Fat: 111 1001 47%
Carbs: 119 417 20%
Protein: 179 718 34%

Biotest Advanced Protein serving 220 4 4 40
Biotest Surge (2scoop) serving 350 2 49 25
Carrots, raw
Chicken, breast,
Oats, raw cup 78 1 14 3
Onions, mature, raw
Strawberries, raw
Blackberries, raw cupoz yieldsQuantity not specified 3 0 1 0
Raspberries, red, raw
Mixed salad greens, raw cup, shredded or choppedQuantity
Olives, black cup,
Salad dressing, KRAFT Ranch Dressing
Bratwurst, cooked
Carrots, raw
Flaxseed oil cuptablespoonQuantity not specified 180 20 0 0
Vinegar cupQuantity not specified 4 0 2 0
Bread, multigrain

aikigreg
03-19-2003, 11:00 AM
Oh, the other big cool thing yesterday was that after the weight training, I went to the outdoor track and did just a TINY bit of HIIT. Grass oval track - jogged for a bit and ran for a bit, and ended up doing a few all-out sprints at my absolute fastest pace. I was surprised by how fast I could run - though sad at how little I could run for. Still, it was cool as HELL to just run flat-out. I haven't done that since I was a kid!! :D

aikigreg
03-20-2003, 10:14 AM
Last night at aiki had it's ups and downs. My fingers swelled up and my hands/wrists were sore, but at the same time I was also able to take some good kotaegeshi from Carol. The end of night drill was everyone standing around you in a circle, randomly attacking you one at a time and you had to take them down without overly disturbing anyone - as if you were in a club with limited space.

F00d:
Total: 1971
Fat: 77 693 36%
Carbs: 113 385 20%
Protein: 206 826 43%

aikigreg
03-21-2003, 10:24 AM
Ok. Last night in the gym was good. Powered through the bench and probably could have maxed out reps but I had no idea I'd be that strong wince I went in feeling tired. Why is it my best lifts come when I'm tired????

f00d:
Total: 2267
Fat: 105 949 44%
Carbs: 119 424 20%
Protein: 199 796 37%

Also, I still have lost any more weight, and no seeming drop in BF% either. Started this diet a month ago, lost 5 pounds the first week, and nothing since then. I realize I've gained some muscle but the fat/weight should be dropping too, considering I'm 20-25% fatty.

aikigreg
03-25-2003, 09:05 AM
Ok, looks like I'm cutting carbs even further, since I've actually gained weight back now. Back to 245 as of today, but I've also started Biotest's new fat-loss supp Hot rox. It's now 10am - took the supp at 7am. Just one pill - so far I feel slightly warm.

f00d intake yesterday was low since I was sick:
Total: 1289
Fat: 60 544 44%
Carbs: 51 166 13%
Protein: 134 538 43%

aikigreg
03-26-2003, 08:18 AM
Yesterday's workout was great. I seemed to have plenty of energy in spite of having stopped ephedra/Md6. I completed my workout as well as 12 minutes of HIIT on an excercise bike - complete with total hottie running on the treadmill in front of me. Do you know how hard it is to pedal with a chubbie?
My bench was up 5 pounds, front squat up ten. Finally did a normal grip on bent over rows and bicep curl and decline skulls also up 5.

Weighed myself and I was back down to 242 in spite of eating everything in sight yesterday.
Food yesterday - I was StARVED Which is a good sign since I ate so little yesterday.
Total: 2288
Fat: 106 951 43%
Carbs: 93 327 15%
Protein: 229 918 42%

aikigreg
03-27-2003, 09:02 AM
I was sick all day yesterday - woke up unable to swallow. Forced myslf to eat as much as I could and still went to Aikido - gotta tune up for the seminar in DC next weekend. Managed to survive and my throat doesn't hurt as much today, so I'm hoping it was allergy related. MY nose is a bit plugged this morning. Since Carol taught (and I got to lead the aiki-taisos) we worked on more formal stuff and we had a pretty good time.
F00d yesterday:
Total: 1796
Fat: 103 923 53%
Carbs: 45 137 8%
Protein: 173 692 40%

aikigreg
03-28-2003, 01:13 PM
Gym session went great yesterday, in spite of being sick to my stomach as I went in. Finished strong with an increase in reps for rows, tricep, and curls. Did 12 minutes (2 walking) on the treadmill. HIIT of walking at 3 and running at 5.0mph - did 3/4 of a mile.

F00d yesterday:
Total: 2106
Fat: 98 886 44%
Carbs: 90 309 15%
Protein: 203 813 40%

aikigreg
04-02-2003, 09:44 AM
*so* much to talk about - I'll probably use up a few posts. First of all, I'm still sick with a bad upper resp. infection. Didn't do anything Saturday or SUnday other than sit in a chair - though I did my best to try and feel good enough to go work out.

Monday's Aiki class went ok. From the chair-sitting and infection my shoulder was KILLING me. So of course we work on shoulder locks :P.

So I went to the Doctor yesterday to get some antibiotics. My stamina Monday was PATHETIC and I need it back before my martial arts seminar this weekend. But ALSO something else happened, but I'll explain that my next post.

F00d yesterday:
Total: 1896
Fat: 83 743 41%
Carbs: 85 295 16%
Protein: 192 769 43%

aikigreg
04-02-2003, 10:02 AM
So I went to the doc and explained how they were supposed to restest my fsh, lh, test, free test, and estradiol last time and instead took regular bloodwork. I bitched about the fact that after two years of weightlifting at intensity, combined with my diet during this time, has increased my strength very little, no increase in muscle mass, and very little decrease in fat. Fat loss has stalled recently in spite of a large amount of activity. So we did the blood work there and then, and he also wanted to see my reaction to testosterone, so he gave me an injection! I am now a roided-up bodybuilder!

Q1: I was given the shot above my tushie, in the lower hip area, Normal?
Q2: I was given a shot of Depo-Testosterone (name brand). Anyone know what ester it was?
Q3: What sorts of things might I expect over the next couple weeks?

Went to the gym afterwards, and about halfway into the routine I felt a little weird. Like gravity had less effect on me. My joints weren't hurting (frequent issue with me) and I felt all floaty. Is this normal? I was also able to add a good deal of weight to some exercises. At the end of the workout I wasn't drained in the least. I wanted to keep going and going and going but since I'm sick I thought better of it. On the drive home I felt very peaceful kind of - calm and unirritated.

Went home and had my PWO drink and sat down next to my wife who immediately says "Wow, you look very different somehow. " I asked how so (she had NO idea I was going to talk to the doc bout test or that I'd been given a shot)? She explained that I seemed like I hadn't even worked out - that I'm usually drained and can barely speak or move afterwards. She also said that my biceps looked fuller than she'd ever seen. Then I told her what I'd done. This extra energy continues through the rest of my night. I felt like I was moving pain free for the first time in a long time - especially considering I'm sick and worked out in both Aikido and the gym already that week. We went out for dinner and afterwards I pleased my woman like she'd never been pleased before! :D :D :D. I'm thinking this chit is going to be a permanent fixture in my life.

Usually I take a double-dose of advil every night if I want to have a HOPE of closing my fist (from joint swelling) and being able to manage the pain of the previous day's workout. I didn't take it last night and I still have a bit of that body-light, calm feeling. As of this post I am still completely pain free and limber.

I didn't sleep much last night thanks to the heat and a *(&^%$# cat in heat yelling outside my window, but I still managed to wake up and be more sprightly than I ever have been in the morning. This stuff is DEFINATELY making a difference for me.

aikigreg
04-02-2003, 02:29 PM
btw, weight today at 240. I'm fairly sure I was heavier than that yesterday by far.

aikigreg
04-03-2003, 08:33 AM
Yesterday was interesting of course. Felt great all day - no tiredness, no joint pain. Usually Wednesday night Aikido means lots of stiffness and inability to do certain throws. Absolutely NO issues last night. And no stiffness or pain as of this morning, either. This feeling of normalcy is absolutely amazing. Still very calm and centered-feeling. I'm usually kind feeling depressed on Thursdays.

f00d yesterday:
Total: 1765
Fat: 84 758 45%
Carbs: 43 124 7%
Protein: 203 814 48%

aikigreg
04-03-2003, 02:36 PM
this is just so damned weird. Every time I get up outta my chair I expect to feel pain somewhere - specifically shoulders, knees, feet. Nothing. THe absence of pain, when pain is your constant companion, is an unreal feeling. It's like seeing ghosts out of the corner of your eye.

aikigreg
04-09-2003, 09:07 AM
ok, No updating since I've been away in Washington, DC. In spite of flight delays, two plane rides, 3 solid days of martial arts training - including lots of kneeling while sensei was speaking and demonstrating, little sleep, and what sleep there was, was on the floor of the dojo, I felt great and had no real issues all weekend. Oh, and I was still sick from this infection also. Quite a trial by fire for the TEST. My hands should have been swollen into immovable claws, but I was still able to be totally normal.

On the way to the airport, my wife put her hand on my totally relaxed arm and noted that my muscles were very firm (my muscles have always felt very soft when relaxed for some strange reason - like no muscle was actually there). She was amazed at the difference she felt in my body. At the end of the day from walking around everywhere, I had this amazing pump in my calves of all places and they were absolutely rock-hard - like there was zero fat. This hardness has abated today to a large degree, but my muscles still seems firmer.

Yesterday the pain started - I guess I had finally done myself in, with so many days of no rest. The first knuckle of my right hand index finger is swollen and not wanting to bend, and yesterday my knees and my feet were in a lot of pain. I ended up going home and napping instead of going to the gym. I still feel much better mood-wise though than usual - still feel nice and calm.

I got to teach aikido class Monday, thanks to the new techniques everyone wanted to learn from the seminar. It was a blast.

I'm still not losing any weight, but I seem to have better muscle defininition in my chest area, so I think things are going well. I need to measure again.

f00d yesterday:
Total: 1969
Fat: 96 861 46%
Carbs: 44 152 8%
Protein: 213 850 46%

aikigreg
04-09-2003, 09:15 AM
I don't think I ever bothered to mentioned that my lifts all increased last week - every single lift went up by at least 10 pounds except for curls and tricep extensions - with which I got better quality reps and extra reps too. Will be interesting to see if that continues this week.

aikigreg
04-10-2003, 11:01 AM
I must have really jammed my damn finger - it's still killing me. Aikido went well last night. We were doing realistic randori with both kicks and punches - including combos. Everyone else ran around like a chicken with it's damn head cut off - backing up and getting all excited. I stood there and waited for my opening and took sensei out with impunity :D.

f00d yesterday:
Total: 2038
Fat: 99 887 46%
Carbs: 87 305 16%
Protein: 183 733 38%

aikigreg
04-15-2003, 02:56 PM
Not much to report. Went to a sucky Aikido seminar on Friday, played golf saturday, and mowed the grass Sunday. Preliminary measurement indicate my waist has shrunk an inch. woot!

Oh, and since my carbups haven't been working from the standpoint that I am still 240-245, I tried just doing a carb/protein day and trying to eliminate fat. I don't think I did a great job, but I think it's go potential. I'll try it again either this weekend or week after next.

f00d yesterday:
Total: 2029
Fat: 123 1107 56%
Carbs: 29 82 4%
Protein: 200 802 40%

aikigreg
04-16-2003, 10:34 AM
changed my workout a bit. ON Squats, bench and dead I am now doing a 5x5 mthod so that I can up he weight and hopefully induct some hypertrophy. Go up to 190lb deads,155 squats, and 105 for bench. Pretty good for me! I need to add weight to all three except possibly squats. I expected my hands to just KILL today but they don't. THumb is a little stiffer than usual though.

I also did 10 minutes HIIT on the recumbent bike. I skipped my PWO drink and went with just 2 servings of protein instead. I wanna see how that goes.

f00d yesterday:
Total: 1915
Fat: 106 950 50%
Carbs: 50 136 7%
Protein: 201 803 43%

aikigreg
04-30-2003, 12:27 PM
wow, I can't believe it's been this long since I've updated.

Since last time, there has been 0 change in my weight. Steady at 245 pretty much. In spite of doing martial arts, golf, and heavy lifting. I've been racking my brain to come up with a solution.

I think I've found one: I'm doing too much on too little. I know I have a slow metbolism, but I've tricked myself into thinking its slower than it is. So, while I have been flamed for it here on WBB, here is what I've been doing since last Thursday:

Bench, bent-row and pulldowns - 5x5. This is working out great so far. My strength has suddenly increased (thanks in part to diet I think - see below). For the first time in a LONG time, I am actually gaining strength and I can see a difference in the way my pecs and lats look. I start using 35lb plates for bench tomorrow - which is 20 pounds more than what I was capable of a few weeks ago. THis is a first for me.

Decline tricep skulls and standing ezbar curls: I added 5 pounds and this is TOUGH as hell now, so I went from 3x12 to 3x6, but yesterday I did 3x7 and on the last set of curls I got 3x8 - stellar!

I'm also doing 2-3x10 military presses - I've shied away from doing anything shoulder related for months due to pain, but things seem to be going well.

Lastly I'm throwing in 1-2 "finishing" sets, either close-grip seated rows or cable crossovers.

Following all this is 20 minutes on the hill setting of the elliptical trainer. Currently this is level 7 and rising.

I am TRYING to work on extended cardio on Aikido days and fridays. Currently managing to get some walking on Fridays and Sundays when I golf and carry the bag.

aikigreg
04-30-2003, 12:39 PM
Notice there are no squats or deads in the above list. I have eliminated them for a couple reasons.

1) they generate more energy expenditure than any other excercise, and since I'm underfed and overworked this is the quickest way to try and get some balance back.
2) My legs are the only part of my body that will grow, and I'm trying to lose leg size desperately. My thigh keep me from fitting into smaller pants. I actually want my legs to get SMALLER. Currently 31", I'd like to get them down to 28 at least.

As I mentioned, I'm also increasing carb and calorie intake. I'm slowly trying to get to 2500 cals a day and reintroduce safe clean carbs. Yesterday I had a potato for the first time in 6 months. :D

So far things are being borne out according to play. Even since just last Wednesday, my pants are looser in the thigh and I'm back down to 240, in spite of increased carbs which should increase water retention. As I mentioned earlier, I'm seeing changes in my lats and pecs - an indication of hypertrophy. I'm going to keep at the cardio, which I am notorious for managing to avoid, and hopefully I can make some serious changes, since I've been spinning my wheels for months.

F00d yesterday:
Total: 2318
Fat: 70 634 29%
Carbs: 182 679 31%
Protein: 224 896 41%

w00t!

aikigreg
05-01-2003, 10:38 AM
I am going to east myself out of house and home. I usually eat before I leave work and after I get back from aikido. Yesterday I ate after I got home too. And I was starved when I got back from Aiki! 20 minutes after dinner my wife telling me what she was making today and I started drooling. How come I'm so damned hungry all of a sudden, when 1700 cals was hard to do some days a couple weeks ago.

Anyway, Aikido was cool last night - nothing really special happened, but I felt good.

f00d yesterday :eek:
Total: 2600
Fat: 96 864 34%
Carbs: 191 674 27%
Protein: 243 973 39%

aikigreg
05-09-2003, 10:43 AM
Well, I haven't lost any weight with these increased calories but I haven't gained any either! So far things are a success.

Strength is great - I'm 1-2 workouts from adding weight to my bench again. Bis and tris, pulldowns aren't going anywhere else for the moment. I'm still managing to get cardio in when I lift - 25 mins on the elliptical now on the HIIT setting - level 8. I've walked the last two sundays golfing, and should be walking 9 tonight and 18 on Sun again. I need to pay more attention to my food though. I'm starting to get a bit outrageous.

f00d yesterday:
Total: 3057
Fat: 107 966 34%
Carbs: 285 975 34%
Protein: 232 927 32%

aikigreg
05-13-2003, 10:49 AM
lessee. Hurt my knee on Friday somehow, and it's still giving me fits. Hopefully I can still do cardio today, but could not go to the gym on Saturday.

Other than that, everything is still on. Ate out way too much this weekend - pizza, chinese, etc. Bleargh.

F00d eysterday:
Total: 2222
Fat: 105 941 43%
Carbs: 145 526 24%
Protein: 176 704 32%

aka23
05-13-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by aikigreg
25 mins on the elliptical now on the HIIT setting - level 8.

Do you mean the hill/interval setting? I have never seen an eliptical trainer with what I consider to be an ideal HIIT setting. I think they spend to much of the hill/interval setting on a fixed level warmup, and I do not like the varying intensities. I use the LifeFitness ones at my gym.

I would be interested to know if other options are available. I know that some types of treadmills can be programmed for HIIT where you get to select the max/min speeds and high/low times of each interval.

aikigreg
05-15-2003, 03:34 PM
Aka - Yes, I meant the hill/interval setting. I'm not that interested in what kind of cardio I do at the moment - just that I do something.

food the last couple days:
Total: 2186 Fat: 60 541 25% Sat: 18 160 8% Poly: 11 98 5% Mono: 19 167 8% Carbs: 210 748 35% Fiber: 23 0 0% Protein: 209 835 39%
Total: 2470 Fat: 58 521 22% Sat: 14 128 5% Poly: 12 109 5% Mono: 20 180 7% Carbs: 278 1047 43% Fiber: 16 0 0% Protein: 211 843 35%

Aikido last night was great. I came with a "Lone wolf and cub" drill - basically a one-handed randori with a fake "baby" in the other hand.