PDA

View Full Version : my diet...suggestions?

Skinnypunk
03-12-2003, 11:03 PM
I'm trying to cram as much food into my stomach as possible... here's my diet.. any suggestions would be nice.

Meal 1- 4 eggs, scrambled, 2 sausages

2 - two tuna sandwiches, apple

3 - roast beef, mashed potatos

4 - ceasar salad

5 - chicken or beef and rice

6 - chicken or beef and rice (again)

Uh.. yea i'm not sure how many calories that comes to. I'm about 5'10 and 150lbs. Thats basically my diet.. not always in that order though.. yea. Also any tips on how to eat more? i always feel full. i feel full from the previous day for god sakes. gRRr...:help:

Ironman8
03-12-2003, 11:06 PM
That's a pretty good diet. The reason you're always feeling full is because of the protein and the fats. If you don't want this, eat more carbs. They keep you less full.

AJ_11
03-12-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Skinnypunk
I'm trying to cram as much food into my stomach as possible... here's my diet.. any suggestions would be nice.

4 - ceasar salad

Uh.. yea i'm not sure how many calories that comes to. I'm about 5'10 and 150lbs. Thats basically my diet.. not always in that order though.. yea. Also any tips on how to eat more? i always feel full. i feel full from the previous day for god sakes. gRRr...:help:

Looks okay, I would add some source of protein to the ceasar salad and some bread. Looks like you are trying to bulk. Maybe some oatmeal to go with breakfast. But overall looks like a good bulking diet.

AJ_11
03-12-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Ironman8
That's a pretty good diet. The reason you're always feeling full is because of the protein and the fats. If you don't want this, eat more carbs. They keep you less full.

Depends on the carbs. A sweet potatoe would keep him full longer. Carbs like suger and simple would give cravings.

Skinnypunk
03-12-2003, 11:27 PM
soooooo... what kinda foods could i get those carbs from to get those cravings...

MrWebb78
03-12-2003, 11:27 PM
when designing a diet, create alot of different meals and just pick and choose 6 or 7 a day, trying to eat the same thing everyday will lead to a quick burnout.

oh yeah, it looks decent though

Skinnypunk
03-12-2003, 11:30 PM
Yea... my diet doesn't change much from day to day. I'm in college so sometimes getting a good variety of food is difficult. heh, plus i cant cook =(

bradley
03-13-2003, 03:05 AM
I would throw in some carbs along with your breakfast, and maybe try something different than a caesar salad for meal 4. Although it is a healthy meal (needs protein), it will keep you full but not provide much in the way of calories which is what you are looking for. Snack on nuts throughout the day to get some extra cals and healthy fats in your diet. Are you using any type of postworkout shake?

Skinnypunk
03-13-2003, 09:13 AM
I'm not using a postworkout shake yet...

Xg74
03-13-2003, 09:19 AM
I have been eating the same thing every day for a year now, and have been fine.

Oh, and just all sorts of breads would be great for a carb source. Try to get whole breads of course (whole weat). :)

GonePostal
03-13-2003, 09:20 AM
I'm in the same boat. I eat the same thing everyday pretty much.... If you can, it simplifies a lot. Going on 5 months on the same food =(

aka23
03-13-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Skinnypunk

4 - ceasar salad

You did not list quantities, so it is hard to get a good estimate about the nutrition. It probably has between 2400 and 3400 calories and about 25-40%Carb, 30-40% Protein, and 30-40% Fat. Personally I would recommend a diet with a bit more carbs, and a bit less fat+protein similar to what Lyle Mcdonald discusses in this article (http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/mcdonald/baseline-diet-02.htm); but some who post here would disagree and recommend a diet with similar macronutrient percentages to yours. The diet is probably deficeint (under US RDA) in Fiber, Vitamin D, Calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Magnesium.

I would suggest adding a dairy source like Milk for Vitamin D and Calcium; a cruciferous vegatble like broccolli for Fiber, Vitamin C, and Vitamin A; and another grain for Magnesium. The first meal of the day is probably 60-80% of calories from fat (may vary depending on type of scrambled eggs, I am assuming some type of fat source is added to eggs) and under 5% of calories from Carbs. I think this is a poor way to start off the day. I would suggest cutting back on the fat and adding more carbs to this meal. This would be a good meal to substitute new foods.

If you want a more detailed analysis of calories and nutrients, you may want to enter your diet at a site like fitday.com