PDA

View Full Version : Please look at my diet and tell me what to add



EdgeCrusher
03-18-2003, 09:06 AM
http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=oOEdgeCrusherOo

I just put up what I eat everyday and it seems that I'm eating WAY to little. Please tell me what to add/change. Also, I need the food to be Vegan (No meat, fish, dairy, egg)

raniali
03-18-2003, 09:45 AM
ht/wt??

less than 1500 cals seems awfully low regardless.

bradley
03-18-2003, 10:23 AM
First I would get some more cals in your diet. What about adding some natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread as a meal? This would help bump up your fat total as well as get some more protein. Your protein intake looks low IMO, although I know it is more difficult to get adequate amounts of protein when following a vegan diet. Maybe add some more soy milk in with your meals, or drink another protein shake.

bradley
03-18-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by raniali
ht/wt??

less than 1500 cals seems awfully low regardless.

Check out his sig Raniali:)

raniali
03-18-2003, 11:24 AM
ah - brad, u never cease to amaze me

actually i was still waking up - whereas u've got 3 hours on me

raniali
03-18-2003, 11:27 AM
also - i'm with brad, add more fats, more protein, more food in general -- personally i wouldn't go below 2000 cals. beans are a high-cal food with some moderate protein. nuts are winners hands-down.

also - ur activities listed are only aerobic. where's the wts??!?!?!?!?

MrWebb78
03-18-2003, 11:36 AM
rani where are you from

bradley
03-18-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by raniali
ah - brad, u never cease to amaze me

actually i was still waking up - whereas u've got 3 hours on me

excuses, excuses;)

EdgeCrusher
03-18-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by bradley
First I would get some more cals in your diet. What about adding some natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread as a meal? This would help bump up your fat total as well as get some more protein. Your protein intake looks low IMO, although I know it is more difficult to get adequate amounts of protein when following a vegan diet. Maybe add some more soy milk in with your meals, or drink another protein shake.

I added another shake and put in my weight lifting workout for the day. I generally go about 20-30 minutes of weights every other day, not huge, but not awful IMO.

I think I'll go find some good PB and bread.

raniali
03-18-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by MrWebb78
rani where are you from

my own little world, of course


west coast ... causing havoc in and around LA

bradley
03-18-2003, 02:11 PM
How many lbs. have you lost following this diet and how long have you been on it?

EdgeCrusher
03-18-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by bradley
How many lbs. have you lost following this diet and how long have you been on it?

I went from 250 to 210 so far. It took me about 5-6 months.

Ironman8
03-18-2003, 06:24 PM
Looks o.k, but as the others said, get more cals and protein in there. Soy is good source, so keep that up.

And if you don't mind me asking, do you decide to become vegan due to weight loss purpose?

EdgeCrusher
03-18-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Ironman8
Looks o.k, but as the others said, get more cals and protein in there. Soy is good source, so keep that up.

And if you don't mind me asking, do you decide to become vegan due to weight loss purpose?

Morals

Ironman8
03-18-2003, 09:18 PM
Oh, ok. The reason I asked it because some people become "vegan" for weight loss purpose. And when they lose the weight they want, they go back to eating meat and animal porducts :rolleyes: