PDA

View Full Version : fat percent

NO2
03-19-2003, 11:28 AM
how do i check how much fat i have???
is there an easy way to check my fat level???

Raj
03-19-2003, 11:58 AM
yes....ask your local gym or health centre to help you out or otherwise you can get a pair of accumeasure's B/F callipers

Hope this helps

Raj

Berserker
03-19-2003, 12:45 PM
I bought a pair of accumeasure calipes for about $18. I would like to get my bf checked by someone whos knows what there doing though to compare.

Ironman8
03-19-2003, 06:16 PM
Remember, loose skin can affect the results of the clipper.

Shankerr
03-20-2003, 09:47 AM
Buy a caliper or go toa health store/gym and get it done. It'll cost between $5 and $10. Loose skin my skew the results, so you might want to use an alternative if you have too much loose skin and are really serious about knowing your bodyfat.

who cares though, just look in the mirror, its a better indicator than looking at numbers

Ironman8
03-20-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Shankerr
who cares though, just look in the mirror, its a better indicator than looking at numbers

Mirrors can be tricky ;)

GonePostal
03-20-2003, 05:45 PM
I don't understand why ppl care about bf%. Unless your are competing can't you just eyeball it?

Relentless
03-20-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by GonePostal
I don't understand why ppl care about bf%. Unless your are competing can't you just eyeball it?

you're exactly right

there's so much inaccuracy over BF% it's crazy

and there are invariably a couple of self-righteous wanks that will post "There's no WAY you're 11% in those pics :rolleyes:" if you post a pic of yourself and have measured it at 11%

bottom line:

the ACTUAL number doesn't mean **** to the vast majority of folks

what IS useful is consistently using your measurement/method of choice over time to evaluate the effect of your diet/training

Berserker
03-20-2003, 09:06 PM
Its a tool, not the only tool in my toolbox. Sometimes the mirror can be difficult gauge when trying to remember last month to compare with.

AJ_11
03-20-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Berserker
Its a tool, not the only tool in my toolbox. Sometimes the mirror can be difficult gauge when trying to remember last month to compare with.

I agree. When you are cutting it is good to keep track of LBM vs FatLoss. Even when bulking.

steveo
03-20-2003, 09:32 PM
When I'm bulking I measure my progress with a scale and measuring tape. When I cut I use a measuring tape and calipers.
If you have never used calipers I would get it done buy a trainer or someone who knows before you go out and buy and try to figure out how to use it. It takes some practise to get down right.