PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my diet

BadBoy9782
03-20-2003, 12:20 PM
I just starting working out and "trying" to diet 2 and half weeks ago. My main goals are to lose the fat especially in my stomach and build muscle. My current diet consists of 2 Slim Fast shakes as i use as a meal (even though i heard they are bad) and i mix protein powder and glutamine powder with 8oz. of milk 3 times a day and in between i'll have alot of water and 1 or 2 low fat yogurts a day. My other meal besides the 2 slimfast shakes depends usually where im at sometimes it will be a salad shaker from mc donalds or a salad with tuna in it. I was wondering what would be an ideal 3rd meal for me during the day that would help me achieve my goals. I'm pretty lazy so i dont want to get ne thing im gonna have to cool i just want somethin i can open or take out of the refrigerator and start eating. Another question i have about the slimfast shakes is are they really that bad for you cause they say its for people who want to lose weight and that is one of my goals that and build muscle so should i really stop taking them. I feel like im doin good and making progress as far as my workouts are going im just having problems with my diet and i seen other people's strict diets but sometimes i dont have the time or the patience to cook the things that i should be eating. Thanks

raniali
03-20-2003, 01:11 PM
there are better things to eat besides slimfast - but they won't kill you. in my opinion, u need to get a better handle on dieting and probably re-work the entire approach. protein powders and canned meals are good SUPPLEMENTAL sources for food but they should not be the basis of ur diet. more importantly, you need to know how much you are eating. no diet will work if you are eating too many (or WAY too minimal) calories. what WERE u eating before u started this diet? what is ur ht and wt? do u lift wts or do any cardio? ALL of this effects the way a diet is structured.