PDA

View Full Version : Weird Question.... What is water wieght???

Mic Soloist
03-20-2003, 07:24 PM
OK.....

I am 5'10 1/2 and weigh 155. My waist is 31.5 and my chest is 40.

So obviously I'm not fat at all. My perportions are fine. My problem is I walk around all day sometimes feeling kinda bloated some sh-t. When I first get up I look in the mirror and I look thin. I turn sideways and I can't stick my stomach out far at all. But after breakfast its like my stomach expands out and stays that way. Plus I run everyday and eat good and I still can't seem to shed this small amount of fat I got.Its got me thinking maybe it is water weight....

So what is water weight and how do u shed it???

See how the dude in this pic has like no fat.

http://archerland.net/shirtless/DOOD163.jpg

He probably couldn't pinch anything... right. Well I am not very much fatter than him, but I carry this thin little layer of fat keeping me from looking like that, and probably keeps me from seeing my abs well. What % fat do u think that guy has???

I'm more like about this guys size, only I'm a little thinner and my chest is a lot more defined and bigger.

http://archerland.net/shirtless/k0006.jpg

I am about 14% I think.

Any thoughts??

-peace-

Backdraft
03-20-2003, 07:37 PM
If you look like the guy in the second picture, you got to be less than 14%. I'm at 15% coming off a bulking phase and I look like a butterball compared to that guy.

Ironman8
03-20-2003, 07:37 PM
Concerning waterweight: Do some searches on a search engine. You will probably get alot of results.

As for the Spanish guy's BF%, I think it's around 5%.

Mic Soloist
03-20-2003, 09:48 PM
ok

thanks

bradley
03-21-2003, 02:31 AM
How much water are you drinking per day? Does the sodium content of your diet vary a lot from day to day?

Mic Soloist
03-21-2003, 01:14 PM
2 be honest I don't know. I would assume my sodium does change through the week.

I drink about 4-5 cups of water a day including all the water I drink while working out.

-peace-

bradley
03-21-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist
2 be honest I don't know. I would assume my sodium does change through the week.

I drink about 4-5 cups of water a day including all the water I drink while working out.

-peace-

I was asking about the sodium because if I am not mistaken large increases and decreases in sodium intake can cause water retention. Could be wrong about this.

Might want to increase your water intake to at least a gallon a day. Maybe just start by drinking at least one cup with each meal and I am sure you will drink a little more throughout the day. That might help.

Mic Soloist
03-21-2003, 04:34 PM
thanks