PDA

View Full Version : 'Every Bites a winner!

Silverback
03-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Try these 'Every bites a winner!' Protein Bars

1 cup Natural peanut butter
8 tablespoons honey
1&1/4 cups whey protein powder
1 cup of uncooked oatmeal

Mix the pb and honey in a bowl, microwave on full for 80 secs. Add the rest and mix together (get your hands in man!!) can add raisins/nuts etc to taste. Smooth into 13x9 tray and leave for 20 mins. Cut into 10 to 12 equal bars and wrap and store in fridge!!

Good luck and happy munching.......you'll be back for more!!

Ironman8
03-21-2003, 10:40 PM
Wow, sounds good, I'll try it.

wolfpack
04-29-2003, 09:15 PM
i just made a batch and they are excellent would recomend to anyone

SoulOfKoRea
05-02-2003, 07:51 PM
damnit! I hate cooking! couldn't even make these right, I hope it was just the honey(which had turned into a gooey paste since I haven't used it in a while) that made it turn out all dry, although it was pretty good in crumb form :(

theSCHICK
05-08-2003, 06:33 AM
I've been making something like these forever now. Except I go more extreme.

12 scoops of protien (its about 4 cups)
1 cup honey
1 small jar of natty pb (its about 2 cups)
1 cup oatmeal
add a tbsp of water if it has trouble sticking
sometimes throw in raisens.

I cut this into 12 bars. So each bar has atleast one whole serving of the protien powder

This is my pre-workout snake. Works great for giving me quick energy and continous energy through my workout

Silverback
05-08-2003, 06:36 AM
pre-workout snake, ive heard that they are mega on protein!! :D

SoulOfKoRea
05-08-2003, 01:19 PM
mmmm, snakes.....

Tryska
05-08-2003, 01:33 PM
hmmm...i'm gonna ahve to give this recipe a try. what powder do you use ron?

Silverback
05-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
hmmm...i'm gonna ahve to give this recipe a try. what powder do you use ron?

Im using 'The Ministry of Whey' (TMOF) protein, it is your typical Protein, no carbs or fat product. Something like 102cals per 25grams.

You ought to try it because they taste awsome!! its like cheating but realise you aint :D

Tankette
05-16-2003, 08:41 PM
I made them a couple of weeks ago and have been a big advocate ever since. I have a lot of students who lift, and I've gotten a couple of them hooked on them too. One asked me if it was okay to add creatine into the mix...Any opinions on that? Let me clarify. Not opinions on creatine use; he's going to use it either way. Does anyone see any reason why it can't be added to homemade protein bars?:)

Silverback
05-17-2003, 02:22 AM
I dont see any reason not to, i mean look at Nitro-Tech or Met-RX 100 both of which contain Creatine and i would guess that the process of making wont be too disimilar.

Just make sure that when using the creatine that you divide the amounts correctly, otherwise you will be wasting money if usnig too much and that is not the purpose of using creatine or making the bar :)

I might try it with my next batch, but i prefer to use creatine in my pwo shake or in me tea after getting up.

B-R

Ironman8
05-17-2003, 08:21 PM
Wow, just tried your protein bar Big-Ron. Excellent post-workout snack :D

GhettoSmurf
05-17-2003, 08:33 PM
hmmmm. i dont know if heating creatine will have an effect on it or not. for some reason, i think it would, just like it does whey. just thats just a hunch.

SoulOfKoRea
05-18-2003, 06:43 PM
ok, second time around was good, I added some milk, and the honey wasn't solid :), tried vanilla whey this time.... MMMMMM!!!

Tankette
05-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Well, since you're only microwaving the honey and PB and not the rest, I think it'll be okay. It's not too hot for me to mix w/ my hands after I add the oats and protein, so I think I'll go ahead and give it a try too next time I take creatine.