PDA

View Full Version : ECA alternative

pastdoubt
08-01-2001, 01:00 PM
Hey guys. I need some help here. Does anyone know of a stimulant-free appetite suppressant. Such as an herb or food or something I can take/eat at night. No matter how much or how little I eat during the day I always get hungry RIGHT before sleep. I mean it will just drive me crazy! This is all fine and dandy for my bulking phase, but I'm about to start cutting and I know this is going to be a BIG problem. Any suggestions?

breeze
08-01-2001, 01:33 PM
You can try hydroxycitric acid. It is not really sold as an appetite suppressant, but it does suppress your appetite some what. Or you can try one of the many over the counter diet pills.

Wizard
08-01-2001, 02:22 PM
Garcinia cambogia is an appettite suppressant.You may want to try it.

TvR8oRage
08-01-2001, 02:30 PM
COLEUS FORSKOLII EXTRACT
(forskolin) has cardio-protective and positive inotropic action in the heart, it also is a vasodilator that lowers blood pressure and prevents platelet aggregation (formation of blood clots)
some researchers believe forskolin promotes lean body mass by stimulating adenylate cyclase and cyclic AMP levels which enhances lipolysis and fat burning, it enhances body metabolism thermogenesis and provides mechanisms for controlling body compostion and lean body mass, Forskolin also has throi8d stimulating action comparable in strenth to thryotropin or TSH. The throid stimulating action of forskolin may also contribut to the increase in metabolic rat and thermogenesis,
their are several companies producing this product as of right now
twinlab, EAS betalean HP, Syntrax MM4

Tryska
08-01-2001, 02:34 PM
i don't know about y'all.....

but forskolin actually makes me sleepy.....it does seem to work well though aside from the sleepy thing....so since it's before bed..it might actually be just the ticket..*lol*

i'm with blackalpha, although i've never had issues requiring an appetitie suppressant, from what i understand, garcinia is good for it.

TvR8oRage
08-01-2001, 02:39 PM
ya this dose seem to make me sleepy as well but, you cant while your sleeping right lol, I have had pretty good results from the MM4 the ECA, and ECY is not an opption for me at this time, Im running weekly test injections and adding ECA seems to raise my blood pressure to much causing headaches so im in the same boat looking for a non stimulant fat burner although the test, is doing just fine on my cutting cycle, havent seen alot of mass loss or strength loss, just fat loss, with slight water retention

Tryska
08-01-2001, 02:48 PM
question turbo?

would adding raw garlic into your diet (as a supplement, not a seasoning) calm the blood pressure down some? or....umm....what did i just read? oh yeah...increasing magnesium uptake to lower high bp, almost on the spot...(since it's a natural calcium channel blocker) chelated magnesium preferably.

Wizard
08-01-2001, 02:50 PM
Coleus forskohlii is not an appetite suppressant.
And no clinical studies have yet demonstrated benefits from oral supplementation of coleus.The fact that it's contained in formulas that help people loose weight doesn't indicate that it's caused by forskohlii.From personal experience I can tell you it works.(not as an appetite stimulant though),but my personal experience is not enough to prove its actions.Until we have a clinical study in our hands,we only recognise that it
may help dilate blood vessels and improve the forcefulness with which the heart pumps blood
Lindner E, Dohadwalla AN, Bhattacharya BK. Positive inotropic and blood pressure lowering activity of a diterpene derivative isolated from Coleus forskohli: Forskolin. Arzneimittelforschung. 1978;28:2849.

Wizard
08-01-2001, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
question turbo?

would adding raw garlic into your diet (as a supplement, not a seasoning) calm the blood pressure down some? or....umm....what did i just read? oh yeah...increasing magnesium uptake to lower high bp, almost on the spot...(since it's a natural calcium channel blocker) chelated magnesium preferably.
Garlic has abilities to lower cholesterol and reduce the clotting tendency of the blood. It can also help lower high blood pressure. In addition raw garlic is a potent antibiotic, especially active against fungal infections, with antibacterial and antiviral effects as well..

Tryska
08-01-2001, 02:56 PM
hee hee...yeah...garlic is one of my favorites...*grin*.. so versatiles, but i was wondering...with the weekly test injections, would be a valid course of treatment with the BP issues? my AS knowledge is lacking. :(

the doc
08-01-2001, 03:28 PM
test injections?
:confused:

Cackerot69
08-01-2001, 03:31 PM
5-HTP, tryosine, phenylalanine...

Wizard
08-01-2001, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by the doc
test injections?
:confused:
tuttut
You should know that she's under an experimental program where participate healthy women individuals and test their responses to test injections.This study is suprvised by some famous,experienced AS users.
btw Tryska,what do u mean??? :eek:

Wizard
08-01-2001, 03:36 PM
And btw,as cack said,5HTP is the best carb suppressant out there.I used it while on a low carb.

Tryska
08-01-2001, 03:39 PM
*scratches beard*

hee hee..sike! this new adams apple is kinda cool though....:p

okat wait...let me get serious...:rolleyes:.....:angel:

alright..*lol*

umm....turbo said in his post above mine about garlic that he couldn't take an eca because his blood pressure gets extremely high from the gear.....so i'm wondering if garlic and/or magnesium would be good add-ons to mitigate side-effects, without messing up what the test is doing.......

Wizard
08-01-2001, 04:02 PM
definitely.. yes

TvR8oRage
08-01-2001, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
question turbo?

hey interesting, a calcium blocker do you think takeing a calcium supplement would increase my blood pressure, or did i read your post wrong the, and the garlic i read an article about how it help with blood pressure but is very slow like several months of intake before you see a drop in BP

Tryska
08-01-2001, 04:33 PM
well kinda yeah....

calcium is good.....but it needs to be in ratio with magnesium....(kinda like sodium and potassium work together).....the prescription calcium channel blockers used to treat high blood pressure actually work, by literally, blocking too many calcium ions from entering the cells, by blocking the calcium channel. This is where magnesium comes into play......ideally calcium and magnesium should be in a 1:1 ratio, but with the increase in calcium intake due to this whole "strong bones" thing, as well as the softening of our water, reducing mineral intake that way, and depletion of trace minerals in our soil.....we wind up getting too much calcium, not enough magnesium....alot of times with high blood pressure, angina, asthma - all of these conditions can be treated with magnesium....too offset all that excess calcium.

TvR8oRage
08-01-2001, 04:42 PM
great info thank you very much, ill switch to a cal/mag instead of just a straight cal supplement

Tryska
08-01-2001, 04:44 PM
that's a good idea...just make sure the mag is chelated....so that it's easier to absorb.

or better yet...quit the calcium supp all together, and supplement with magnesium to get back in balance....

TvR8oRage
08-01-2001, 04:44 PM
i only have a problem during heavy training, my resting blood pressure is not that bad on cycle, but when i mix with an ECA plus a hardcore squat or bench press day it sky rockets and it feels like my head is going to explode if i dont mix these im cool
but defenitly will take your advise and look in to a mag supplement thank you

Ronan
08-02-2001, 12:54 AM
more fibre and water are the best natural appitite suppresants.

Wizard
08-02-2001, 04:22 AM
Not insoluble fibre though.You don't want to look like a water balloon from the bloated gut.

Proteen
08-02-2001, 08:26 AM
Not insoluble fibre though.You don't want to look like a water balloon from the bloated gut.

Whadda you mean by that?

pastdoubt
08-02-2001, 08:33 AM
Thanks guys, last night I mixed my myoplex w/ about 4 cups of water. I didn't get very hungry last night, although I did go to the bathroom about 3 times before finally passing out :)

Wizard
08-02-2001, 08:48 AM
High intake of insoluble fibre causes excessive water retention.